PDA

View Full Version : Comedies that just aint funny.

Titanium
29-09-07, 11:09
What comedies have you watched that try to be funny but are just pathectic trying to be?

Earthcane
29-09-07, 11:11
Stacked.

george_croft
29-09-07, 11:15
Dodgeball.

Mona Sax
29-09-07, 11:32
Anger Management. In general, I like comedies where most funny moments stem from sharp and witty dialogue or absurd situations, like Arsenics and Lace or Some Like It Hot. Something I can't stand is fecal humor.

kill bill
29-09-07, 11:32
Anger Management. In general, I like comedies where most funny moments stem from sharp and witty dialogue or absurd situations, like Arsenics and Lace or Some Like It Hot. Something I can't stand is fecal humor.

Ditto

xcrushterx
29-09-07, 11:33
Little Britain (Chewin' the fat rip off :mad:)

interstellardave
29-09-07, 11:34
Anchorman... I was really disappointed in that one because I thought it was going to be really funny. I usually like Will Ferrells' stuff.

TombRaiderLover
The Simpsons Movie. :rolleyes:

liek OMG liek spdapig is liek soo funy lol lol lol ZOMG ZOMG! :mad:

da tomb raider!
I don't think I've ever seen a funny comedy.

Paperdoll
29-09-07, 11:35
The Simpsons Movie. :rolleyes:

liek OMG liek spdapig is liek soo funy lol lol lol ZOMG ZOMG! :mad:

You really hate that don't you :p

Zoolander. Nice piece of crap. Yeah yeah stuff doesn't have to be great for me to like it but this one...gah X_X

Inkheart

Yep, Little Britain is the irritating one for me. Even the first episode I saw was rather pathetic, and of course, once you've seen the first, you've seen every single episode. Great British comedy comes from Fawlty Towers and Blackadder.

TombRaiderLover

I watched a film called Serial Mom last night. I don't think I've laughed so hard at a film in all my life. :p

Paperdoll - The film was alright, but my God, the jokes are over-rated. :p

Sara Croft
29-09-07, 11:37
Man in the house or whatever it was, and beauty saloon. Cant remember the names correctly, but ... oh my god .. :rolleyes:

Earthcane
29-09-07, 11:38
I loved Some Like it Hot!
I first watched it when I was 6, when my Dad was watching it.
Jack Lemmon was brilliant as always ;)

The last line in the movie was classic:

Daphne: I smoke! I smoke all the time!
Osgood: I don't care.
Daphne: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.
Osgood: I forgive you.
Daphne: [Tragically] I can never have children!
Osgood: We can adopt some.
Daphne/Jerry: But you don't understand, Osgood! [Whips off his wig, exasperated, and changes to a manly voice.] Uhhh, I'm a man!
Osgood: [Looks at him then turns back, unperturbed]: Well, nobody's perfect!

Yup, I'm not really a fan of dumb Comedies.
The stuf that the Farrelly Brothers do is just daft, though I do like
Something About Mary.

I really like Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson- Meet the Fokker rocked!
Robert DeNiro was class :D

Marija_Croft
29-09-07, 11:55
Man in the house or whatever it was, and beauty saloon. Cant remember the names correctly, but ... oh my god .. :rolleyes:

Same here. :rolleyes:

Greenkey2
29-09-07, 11:57
Pretty much everything on BBC 3 :pi:

Bonez
29-09-07, 11:59
Little frikkin Britain.

Its not funny! Its very immature and pathetic.

TombRaiderLover
29-09-07, 12:00
Little frikkin Britain.

Its not funny! Its very immature and pathetic.

Ergh, hate that show! :mad:

Bonez
29-09-07, 12:07
Ergh, hate that show! :mad:

Yeah and I hated how everyone at school kept repeating phrases from it. :hea:

TombRaiderLover
29-09-07, 12:09
Yeah and I hated how everyone at school kept repeating phrases from it. :hea:

Me too. :mad: Fortunately, that was just a phase. Little Britain is long forgotten. :p

Bonez
29-09-07, 12:12
Me too. :mad: Fortunately, that was just a phase. Little Britain is long forgotten. :p

:D Yes! :jmp:

in these arms
29-09-07, 12:27
Little Britain and French and Saunders are Excellent, why do people hate them?

Nothing, I like all comedies.

jarhead
29-09-07, 12:42
In your face hunour, like in a lot of the american comedy movies is a bit annoying at the best of time, but it really depends on what mood I'm in. Apart from that I like most comedies except those whcih try too hard

Elysia
29-09-07, 12:59
Friends - just plain irritating...

Napoleon Dynamite. Can I please get those 2 hours of my life back, please? An appalling film!

Little Britain. The Fast Show did it first, and did it sooo much better...

Catherine Tate. Sorry - she just gets on my nerves now. Yes, at first it was funny, but now it just isn't. Stop it.

The Simpsons Movie -oh my, how the mighty have fallen... :(

findme
29-09-07, 13:00
Napoleon Dynamite. Can I please get those 2 hours of my life back, please? An appalling film!

Damn right it is. My friends had it on one time and I was just like FOR ****S SAKE TURN THAT OFF. :cen::cen::hea:

Elysia
29-09-07, 13:03
Damn right it is.
I only watched it because it got rave reviews... Jesus Harry Christ, someone must've paid off Total Film a whole wodge of cash for them to give it the review they did. Not funny. Not zany. Not kooky. Just plain boring...

Funny films include Withnail and I, Dogma and A Fish Called Wanda. Napoleon Dynamite doesn't even approach these remotely!

Oh, I forgot one - the American Pie movies. My Dad loves them, but I just find them stupid and purile... (like, yeah, a beautiful stranger is going to do that in your room on the spur of the moment, and by chance, you have your webcam hooked up... just stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid...)

findme
29-09-07, 13:07
I only watched it because it got rave reviews... Jesus Harry Christ, someone must've paid off Total Film a whole wodge of cash for them to give it the review they did. Not funny. Not zany. Not kooky. Just plain boring...

I even got lost on the story line. When the guy was doing the stupid dance everyone was laughing their heads off and I just sat there without even smiling slightly. It's just not comedy, its stupid comic relief.

Elysia
29-09-07, 13:25
I even got lost on the story line. When the guy was doing the stupid dance everyone was laughing their heads off and I just sat there without even smiling slightly. It's just not comedy, its stupid comic relief.
I didn't get that bit, either. Right, so a nerd is dancing to Jamiroquai. I fail to see exactly why that is so funny...

Now, Spinal Tap - that is HILARIOUS (tenuous music link...), but ND... just not.

MiCkiZ88
29-09-07, 13:27
I like comedies overally.. but there are few that get on my nerves:

Tv shows:

Little Britain *shudders*
Max and Paddy
Two and a half men.. Meh.. It's alright now and then. But most of the time it's really dry.

Movies:

Click. Few funny scenes here and there. =/
Date & Epic Movies. Random at best. Most of the time had over used jokes.

Legend of Lara
29-09-07, 13:28

I adore that show! :p

Anyway, I watched Zoolander and it came off as weird and dumb instead of funny!

Elysia
29-09-07, 13:32
I adore that show! :p

Anyway, I watched Zoolander and it came off as weird and dumb instead of funny!
Y'see, I liked Zoolander - it was silly! Friends, however, just leaves me cold - far too many pretty, perfect people hugging and being 'zany' in their pretty, perfect lives - I can't relate that to my life at all, and in the end, it just annoys me...

I prefer British comedies on the whole because their losers really ARE losers, not pretty fake-losers (just watch Peep Show - surely the finest comedy to come out in recent years - and you will see what I mean... ;)).

Anubis_AF
29-09-07, 13:34
TV Shows; Fraiser, Two and a Half Men.

Bonez
29-09-07, 13:35
Date & Epic Movies. Random at best. Most of the time had over used jokes.

Ohh yes Epic Movie.

Awful. Just... awful. :p

tranniversary119
29-09-07, 13:57
Date Movie/Epic Movie.
THose are just pathetic. I'm not into comedy so its rare i find a comedy i think is funny.

tweetygwee
29-09-07, 14:00
Pretty much everything on BBC 3 :pi:

Agreed.

findme
29-09-07, 14:01
Agreed.

haha that includes Doctor who aswell.
Oh wait, iiit isnt a comedy, it's just a bad show. :ton:

tombraiderluka
29-09-07, 14:25
Epic Movie
If I didn't know that those actors were people I would Thought it was Teletubbies(if I spelled it right) :yik:

MUN33B
29-09-07, 14:27

100% Agreed! :tmb: Little Britain is one fo the worst shows ever.

Nannonxyay
29-09-07, 14:43
Two and a Half Men.

I love that show! :(

Anajrob
29-09-07, 14:46
The Simpsons Movie -oh my, how the mighty have fallen... :(

TV Shows; Fraiser, Two and a Half Men.

Same here.

Laras Backpack
29-09-07, 14:56
I loved Some Like it Hot!
I first watched it when I was 6, when my Dad was watching it.
Jack Lemmon was brilliant as always ;)

Oh I adore Some Like it Hot! It's my favorite comedy ever and I believe the best ever made :hug:

Catherine Tate. Sorry - she just gets on my nerves now. Yes, at first it was funny, but now it just isn't. Stop it.
Oh yes I really hate her 'work'! She's just not funny, her humour is quite passive aggressive at times and not in a good way. I watched the last five minutes of her Christmas special last year (while I was waiting for something else to come on) and it was five minutes too many. Seriously, she's over-rated.

I also think that Little Britain stopped being funny after its first series. Its sketches became repetitive and then they began to confuse shock tactics with humour.
Also, I don't find the Simpsons funny any more. I haven't seen the movie but the last few series have me cold. It's not bad, but it's not great either. The story lines are becoming repetitive (Homer and Marge's marriage hits problems but then she realises that she really does love him, Bart does something bad, Lisa becomes even more self-righteous but not in an endearing way) and the characters have become two-dimensional caricatures with less heart IMO. :(

petujaymz
29-09-07, 14:59
Friends

Phoebe makes me smirk sometimes, but that's about it to be honest.

:wve:

Pipolinne
29-09-07, 15:08
Here are two,the more recent ones:

Simpsons
Evan all- Mighty Stupid

But I really didn't mind,because,after those two films,I watched The Last Legion,with the bloke from BBC's Pride & Prejudice and the former Miss India. It was a brilliant comedy!

Dingaling
29-09-07, 15:28
Date Movie and Envy.

Soma Holiday
29-09-07, 15:41
Napoleon Dynamite!!!!

hera7days
29-09-07, 15:44
Napoleon Dynamite - Didn't really hate it but thought it seriously overrated. Sure there were some good lines and ligers but people act like its ingenius. My family, for instance.

Meet the Parents - I can't recall laughing at this once. The only pleasure I got out of it was one scene where music from Carmen was playing in the background.

There might be more but I usually forget comedies if they're not funny.

Voni
29-09-07, 15:53
Has anyone seen Not Going Out? Horrible, horrible, lazy, rubbish programme. Totally unfunny.

Draco
29-09-07, 16:09

Oddly enough, comedies seem to be less funny for me as well.

Hell I've seen more funny moments in Terminator II than most comedies...with very rare exceptions (Office Space).

SamReeves
29-09-07, 16:14
I really miss watching Tom Green's show on television. That was the weirdest but funniest half hour of television going. The only other one that I can think of to top that would be Johnny Carson. :)

sasuke_uchiha
29-09-07, 16:21
all the stupid russian comedy shows my parents are into watching, lots of the stupid programs on tv, and to stop myself being dissapointed i stop watching tv.:ton:

sasuke_uchiha
29-09-07, 16:26

need i say more:p

Ampersand
29-09-07, 16:37
Friends and The Simpsons. I just don't get them at all.

ThomasCroft
29-09-07, 17:11
The Simpsons Movie.
Evan Almighty.
Epic Movie.

Mad Tony
29-09-07, 17:14
Little Britain
The Catherine Tate Show
Zoolander (complete and utter crap)

Angelx14
29-09-07, 17:17
The Simpsons Movie.
Evan Almighty.
Epic Movie.

Ditto

Actually, most of the comedies that were made recently aren't funny. I'm pretty sure that even those comedies which used to make me laugh, I will now find boring.

remote91
29-09-07, 17:23
Date Movie.

Laurencarter
29-09-07, 17:41
Funny comedies are hard to find. I'm more into horror films

TombRaiderLover
29-09-07, 20:06
haha that includes Doctor who aswell.
Oh wait, iiit isnt a comedy, it's just a bad show. :ton:

Thank God! Someone who feels the same way. :eek:

Thorpe
29-09-07, 20:10
Anything that is British even though I live in the UK. :confused:

Legend of Lara
29-09-07, 20:53
Friends

Phoebe makes me smirk sometimes, but that's about it to be honest.

:wve:

Friends and The Simpsons. I just don't get them at all.

Wow. I adore Friends totally. I have all 10 seasons on DVD! :vlol:

Spitfire
29-09-07, 20:55
real life comedy seems to be the only funny thing now adays.

Epic Movie was especially horrible!

Ladyknowles
29-09-07, 21:04
Joey
The ****ty friends spin off

Rivendell
29-09-07, 21:14
Little Britain = stopped being funny midway S2. :(
The Office = yawn.
Peter Kay's Phoenix ****e = < says it all.
Max and Paddy = see above.

Thankfully we occasionally get repeats of the true comedies such as Fawlty Towers and Blackadder - and with such shows as Peep Show, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Green Wing, The League of Gentlemen and the like - comedy is thankfully still abundant. Or, as those programmes are a few years old... it was. :whi:

Bonez
29-09-07, 21:21
Wow. I adore Friends totally. I have all 10 seasons on DVD! :vlol:

So do I.. I can't get enough of it. :jmp:

Though its not everybodys taste...

Legend of Lara
29-09-07, 21:22
Joey
The ****ty friends spin off

THAT I can agree on. It was just so half-arsed! The script was only at times funny and it badly needed the original cast!

Ladyknowles
29-09-07, 21:23
THAT I can agree on. It was just so half-arsed! The script was only at times funny and it badly needed the original cast!

Thankyou! Finally someone agrees.
They should never had done it. It kind of spoilt the ending of Friends.

domina
29-09-07, 21:47
Napoleon Dynamite was terrible. I may have found it amusing if I hadn't heard all the quotes a million freaking times before seeing the movie, but the time I watched it, all the jokes were so trite and worn-out that I was just bored.

I don't really find the Monty Python flicks to be that funny either. Amusing at times, but certainly not hysterical.

I'm not much of a comedic-movie person, though. I really prefer stand-up.

danitiwa
29-09-07, 21:49
The Simpsons... :pi:

And Napoleon Dynamite: One of the dumbest movies of the century IMO.

Rivendell
29-09-07, 21:52
Gods, did anyone enjoy the Simpsons film apart from me? :confused:

I found myself crying with laughter at parts!

Homer: Look marge, he does an impression of you!
*Pulls pigs tail*
Pig: SQUEeEeEeEeEeE!!!

:vlol:

Mad Tony
29-09-07, 21:55

*Pulls pigs tail*

:vlol:Yeah, I loved it too. :D

Especially when Bart runs past Ralph naked and Ralph says "I like men now". :eek: :vlol:

Legend of Lara
29-09-07, 21:59

*Pulls pigs tail*

:vlol:

I loved it.

"Thank you, boob lady." :vlol:

Rivendell
29-09-07, 22:00
Especially when Bart runs past Ralph naked and Ralph says "I like men now". :eek: :vlol:

That bit made me LOL quite loudly too!
I love it when the Simpsons take the mick out of that sort of thinking. Men seeing other naked men is so terrible that it could alter their sexuality - that sort of stuff.

Was it Simpsons who showed an apocalyptic end of the world - judgement day - type scenario with one guy running on screen declaring:

"Why oh WHY did I choose to be gay?!"

:D

Mad Tony
29-09-07, 22:01
That bit made me LOL quite loudly too!
I love it when the Simpsons take the mick out of that sort of thinking. Men seeing other naked men is so terrible that it could alter their sexuality - that sort of stuff.

Was it Simpsons who showed an apocalyptic end of the world - judgement day - type scenario with one guy running on screen declaring:

"Why oh WHY did I choose to be gay?!"

:DI think so. :D

Fish.
30-09-07, 03:35
Garfield. What a letdown. :(

danitiwa
30-09-07, 08:19
I loved it.

"Thank you, boob lady." :vlol:

I enjoyed it like hell too! :D I died laughing at some parts. :vlol: