PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Banned In Germany

ajrich17901
28-10-07, 12:43
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles rated 18+ in Europe, banned in Germany

An official Nintendo listing reveals that Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles has been rated by PEGI as 18+ which means it is not to be played by anyone below the age of 18 within Europe. Nintendo also denotes that the title will not be available in Germany as it was refused a rating. Whoever said the Wii wasn't hardcore, it's been such a rebel recently!

quote:

Note to parents: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles has been rated PEGI 18+, meaning it is not intended to be played by anyone under the age of 18. If you are concerned about your child’s access to content intended for adults only, please refer to our section on Parental Controls by clicking here, to ensure your child will not be exposed to content unsuitable for its age.

This game will not be available in Germany due to lack of a USK rating.

News Source: Nintendo

Dark Lugia 2
28-10-07, 13:26
Meh, they can import those games easily i'm sure :p
imo wii's hardcore, but the hardcore games are only just coming out :p (metroid, brawl, mario galaxy :8} ) resi ect ^_^

Zelda master
28-10-07, 13:27
Its been knows for some time now... those egrman people are so weird:p

Cochrane
28-10-07, 13:32
I'd like to point out that the game not being sold in Germany is Nintendo's decision. A game that does not receive a rating mustn't be sold to minors, that's all. However, many games that don't get a rating are put on the index, which means they cannot be advertised or sold per mail-order (unless precautions are taken to make sure the game isn't sold to minors).

While this is a good reason not to sell a game or alter it for germany (because without advertising allowed, it's difficult to make money), that still doesn't mean it's banned. Nintendo chose not to bring it here (by the way, Microsoft did so, too, several times. I didn't really keep track of what Sony has been doing, but it's possible they act the same).

TR freak
28-10-07, 13:56
Everything gets banned in Germany. They're weird like that. Its all the nazis fault.

Betal
28-10-07, 14:02
Everything gets banned in Germany. They're weird like that. Its all the nazis fault.

That's the stupidest thing I ever read this year.:rolleyes:

Shark_Blade
28-10-07, 14:40
Everything gets banned in Germany. They're weird like that. Its all the nazis fault.You shouldn't judge people blindly. Some of them may be on this forum too.

Sucks that it's got banned on Germany though. In my country, the movie "Daredevil" (the red blind anti-hero) got banned, for no good reason. Like there isn't much gore or violence as far as I'm concerned, maybe some people got in a mad with power mode once in a while. Sad.

ajrich17901
28-10-07, 15:40

Watch ur mouth u A** im german

TR freak
28-10-07, 15:55
I think you lot misunderstood me. I wasn't insulting Germans at all. I was simply saying that in a country that the nazis took power would not be happy about violent things getting released. I feel that because of the nazis Germany are more skeptical about certain things getting released, understandably. I think things would be the same if the Nazis took power in any country.

ajrich17901
28-10-07, 16:05
I think you lot misunderstood me. I wasn't insulting Germans at all. I was simply saying that in a country that the nazis took power would not be happy about violent things getting released. I feel that because of the nazis Germany are more skeptical about certain things getting released, understandably. I think things would be the same if the Nazis took power in any country.

Oh sorry for misunderstandin then

-DEBUG
28-10-07, 16:42
Didn't that happen to RE4 too? Jeez! RE4 wasn't that violent!

biohazard1379
29-10-07, 00:57
Didn't that happen to RE4 too? Jeez! RE4 wasn't that violent!

Yeah, there was only people stuck on walls with pitchforks and cops handing on hooks over fire. Oh yeah lets not forget the first time you got beheaded by a chainsaw. lol :D

Zelda master
29-10-07, 05:36
And also you forget the eye that falls out of someone's head:p
That game was gruel on the GC and PS2:jmp:
To sad the decapitiation was removed from the Wii version, not sure about the PC though:o

tomblover
29-10-07, 07:04
Is this because of the many kid games on the Wii, and the general kid-friendly atmosphere? :p

Nathan0107
29-10-07, 07:06
That's the stupidest thing I ever read this year.:rolleyes:

ino Same!!!

Shark_Blade
29-10-07, 12:56
To sad the decapitiation was removed from the Wii version, not sure about the PC though:oNooooooo :(

ajrich17901
29-10-07, 14:50
To sad the decapitiation was removed from the Wii version, not sure about the PC though:o

U gotta be kiddin me!...oh wait i forgot it is the wii lol

-DEBUG
29-10-07, 15:32
Yeah, there was only people stuck on walls with pitchforks and cops handing on hooks over fire. Oh yeah lets not forget the first time you got beheaded by a chainsaw. lol :D

:vlol:! I think I may have overlooked those parts, I was focusing more on the mutated freaks, monsters, exploding heads and various gory demises I encountered through botched interactive cutscenes :D

interstellardave
29-10-07, 15:38
U gotta be kiddin me!...oh wait i forgot it is the wii lol

Well, the original RE4 was on the Gamecube, so you're "it is the wii" logic is sketchy!

Poseidons_Doom
29-10-07, 22:39
18+?

i was expecting a 15 at most,
so i'm guessing this means plenty of blood and guts...awesome!

although it does suck about Germany not having the game, but then again, importing is so easy and cheap nowadays,
it won't really make a differance

:)

GodOfLight
30-10-07, 01:21

sorry but that's not okay. germany is usually very cool and laid back with most issues (such as violence in video games) and your nazi comment was commpletly ignorant, and your current explanation even more so. your theory about germans being more skeptical about certain things because of the nazis is completly idiotic and lacking any backbone.

i myself grew up in germany. i'm not german, but if i was i'd be even more offended then i already am. people throwing comments around about nazis or parrelling situations like video game releases to nazi events is completly uneducated on your behalf on what germany is like nowadays.