PDA

View Full Version : Most disapointing game you have played?

trXD
28-10-07, 16:43
Mine would have to be the sims 2. So much hype over it and to be honest its pretty boring:(

Betal
28-10-07, 16:46
Angel of darkness.

I like the game but it wasn't as good as I though

Elysia
28-10-07, 16:48
Ahem... (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=109102)

Legend. I looked forward to it and wanted to love it so much... and was duly crushed by its sheer mediocrity and style-over-substance direction. A bitter, bitter disappointment.

Noodleboy
28-10-07, 16:53
TR AoD and Halo franchise

Mister_Creazil
28-10-07, 17:24
SH4. Silent Hill 4. Was disappointed due to the fact it wasn't based on Silent Hill much.

Alex Fly
28-10-07, 17:35
Angel of Darkness and Stolen.

Angel_14
28-10-07, 17:38
Legend and Anniversary. Legend is fun to play but it's boring, has shallow family orientated story and I can't recognize the main character.
Anniversary, even though it's much better, it's filled with gameplay stopping glitches, Lara constantly stares at her hands and has stupid expressions and Egypt looks like it's been washed out with Persil...

Antonio
28-10-07, 17:40
Reservoir dogs, Boiling Point, Alpha Prime,Halo 2 Vista,.....
Don't ask me why most of all because gameplay and graphics

xcrushterx
28-10-07, 17:44
Van Helsing. 'Nuff said.

CitanMK
28-10-07, 17:52
- Halo
- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
- Far Cry (maybe Crysis too)
- Doom 3
- Gta San Andreas
- Need for Speed Carbon
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
- "Mana" Series (Dawn of Mana, Children of Mana...)
- Odin Sphere
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Final Fantasy XII

FomarThain
28-10-07, 18:02
Half Life 2. For all the hype it ended up being so-so.

gtkilla
28-10-07, 18:05
Definitely Angel of Darkness. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif The TR game I hyped the most ended up being the one that disappointed the most. :(

Survival
28-10-07, 18:07
Resident Evil 4

tomblover
28-10-07, 18:19
Keepsake. Thought it'd be a good adventure game, but it turned out to be kinda bland.

Sara Croft
28-10-07, 18:22
Halo 3

nightwishgirl84
28-10-07, 18:36
i agree with Keepsake.
that one sure was boring :(

erosan
28-10-07, 18:53
TR legend and anniversary

Legend 4ever
28-10-07, 18:56
The Movies and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Boring!

Laras Backpack
28-10-07, 19:09
TR Legend. Always and forever TR Legend. :pi:

2kool4u
28-10-07, 19:15
Angel of Darkness was the reason i bought my ps2. Thank GOD that i bought the ps2. God why did i buy AoD?

tranniversary119
28-10-07, 19:19
Angel Of Darkness

Survival
28-10-07, 19:22
:vlol:

There should be some rule about not being able to vote or mention TR games in any kind of pole/voting etc. because itīs WAR :D

CroftsKid
28-10-07, 19:24
Hmm... PN-03 or whatever it is called... really boring.. thought it was going to be an awesome futuristic adventure.. turned out to be all fighting, and it was just... boring

(I don't know why so many people hate AoD... x])

Myreth
28-10-07, 19:24
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, but mostly Path of the Neo for PC, it was just awful (what was I thinking)

Archetype
28-10-07, 20:02
GTA san andreas
TRL aswell

Nathan0107
28-10-07, 20:18
Tomb Raider Legend :mad:
such a letdown!

Hyper_Crazy
28-10-07, 20:20
Anniversary and Final Fantasy XII.

Mad Tony
28-10-07, 20:22
Anniversary - I was hoping CD would have listen to what the fans had to say and improve their games, however, they did little.

Just Cause - It seemed like a good concept, and on some website even said "Better than GTA, bigger than Oblivion". GTA and Oblivion are ten times better than this on their own.

Cochrane
28-10-07, 20:51
Eisenbahn.exe 4. Eisenbahn.exe EC (that was version 2, if I recall correctly) was great, but had some severe limitations. EE4 left all those limitations in, as if they were a good thing.

I could name more, but this one is the most extreme example.

MiCkiZ88
28-10-07, 20:57
Final Fantasy XII or Anniversary. Anniversary cause I expected much more from it. FFXII cause it was just.. not the final fantasy I know.

talion
28-10-07, 21:18
Final Fantasy X-2 :p

kryptonite23
29-10-07, 00:45
Anniversary and AoD

Necromanser
29-10-07, 00:53
Anniversary and Need for Speed:Carbon

Anniversary-the butchered the game so much that only about 45-60% of the original levels were left

NFS:Carbon- The Graphics were good but the gameplay was awful becasue you had to have a boos battle after conquering every sectioon of the city,there werent any good modifications for cars and there wasnt any option to roam the city when not playing your career

biohazard1379
29-10-07, 00:55
Final Fantasy 12

Ring_of_Fire
29-10-07, 01:07
18 Wheels of Steel: Convoy (Haulin' was better) and Big Rigs.

oocladableeblah
29-10-07, 03:50
Mine would have to be socom combined assault.

danitiwa
29-10-07, 04:49
Legend was bad, Anniversary was WORSE.

Anniworsary :vlol:

MikeAC
29-10-07, 04:56
Chronicles
Angel of Darkness
Legend
Anniversary

BlackGrey
29-10-07, 11:11
Tomb Raider Legend

Regulator
29-10-07, 11:13
TR:Legend
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy 12
Driv3r

petujaymz
29-10-07, 13:37
Star Wars Battlefront II

Abysmal! There's no other word for it.

:wve:

CuteKittenlol
29-10-07, 13:39
* Legend
* Final Fantasy X-2
* Dark Angel
* Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity >_<

Angelus
29-10-07, 13:50
Transformers.

Clunky, repetitive and boring to be honest.

Geck-o-Lizard
29-10-07, 14:13
Enter The Matrix - Hey Operator, there's a glitch in the Matrix! And there's another! And there! And over there! And -- *zzzap* *computer crashes* Not to mention the fact that the controls in this made AoD Lara look like a ballerina.

TR: Legend

Deus Ex: Invisible War - haven't even played this one. Watched a friend playing it. Saw enough to know I'll never waste any money on it. DX was a masterpiece; DX:IW hurled dirt all over it then stamped on it a few times.

Project Snowblind - awkward controls and gameplay, cliched themes, unoriginal plot, unimpressive graphics. Note: this originally started out as another Deus Ex sequel.

Stolen - the premise was great... a futuristic Thief! But actually playing it, they seem to have spent all their time trying to make everything look pretty instead of creating an engaging game.

Fact - I've spent roughly two hours on each of the games here (excluding Legend) before giving up all hope and uninstalling them.

Mad Tony
29-10-07, 14:14
Deus Ex: Invisible War - haven't even played this one. Watched a friend playing it. Saw enough to know I'll never waste any money on it. DX was a masterpiece; DX:IW hurled dirt all over it then stamped on it a few times.
Did you know they're making a Deus Ex 3? What are your expectations for that?

Geck-o-Lizard
29-10-07, 14:31
Both hope and terror. I hope against hope that it'll be even half as good as the original. I fear it'll be ten times worse than DX2. I'll almost certainly play it when it comes out, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I can't think of any sequel that's been as good as the original game, save perhaps Thief 3.

Mad Tony
29-10-07, 14:34
I can't think of any sequel that's been as good as the original game, save perhaps Thief 3.What about Tomb Raider II?

Geck-o-Lizard
29-10-07, 14:37
Alright, I'll add TR to that very short list. :whi: TR3 and AoD are my favs so far, so clearly sequels don't always flop. I haven't completed TR1 or TR2 yet though, and never played the games in order, so maybe I shouldn't pass judgement on that.

Re. DX3 have you heard anything about when it might be released? Is it likely for 2009?

Mad Tony
29-10-07, 15:29
A
Re. DX3 have you heard anything about when it might be released? Is it likely for 2009?It was announced sometime in May earlier this year. I have no idea when it's gonna be released. 2009 is a possibility. Could be later though.

Ikas90
29-10-07, 15:53
Not many games have disappointed me. On the contrary, I think GTA 3 was disappointing, but that was after I played GTA: VC and GTA: SA, which were more advanced. So I played the old one later, that's probably why I found it crap.

Jack Croft
29-10-07, 16:04
Dragon Quest V - Dragon Quarter
Epthermal Fantasia

lara_rocks
29-10-07, 17:25
gta-vice city

Man that was pants.

CerebralAssassin
29-10-07, 17:26
MK deception! :mad::cen:

Thorir
29-10-07, 18:16
TR Legend.

Zebra
29-10-07, 18:20
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

da tomb raider!
29-10-07, 19:56
Final Fantasy X
Tomb Raider: Legend
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Mister_Creazil
29-10-07, 19:57
Oh, Grand Theft Auto was a definite one. Also, The Chronicles of Narnia wasn't what I thought it'd be.

AODdigger
29-10-07, 20:48
To be honest, I don't know... All Tomb Raiders are cool so far... All have drawbacks and good sides ;) So it wouldn't be any TR... Hmm... Jedi Knight II it would be... =/

Tihocan9
29-10-07, 20:55
Any Nintendo DS game I have played is highly repetative and boring with bad graphics for what can be done. Especially Nintendogs very boring after a day or so.

Shark_Blade
30-10-07, 04:44
TR Legend - it was so short I was like "That's it??"

larson n natla
30-10-07, 17:59
:DHmmmmmmmmmmmm ANNIVERSARY

I was so excited rush out to buy my limited edition collectors copy go home play it try to make it feel like tr one really try to enjoy it and its BORING seriously BORING give me a choice of legend and tra and i pick legend anyday

Zebra
30-10-07, 18:02
:DHmmmmmmmmmmmm ANNIVERSARY

I was so excited rush out to buy my limited edition collectors copy go home play it try to make it feel like tr one really try to enjoy it and its BORING seriously BORING give me a choice of legend and tra and i pick legend anyday
Exactaly.

Rivendell
30-10-07, 18:05
To this very day I'm still baffled as to people's choice of legend over TR:A. :confused:

Oh well.

danitiwa
30-10-07, 18:11
To this very day I'm still baffled as to people's choice of legend over TR:A. :confused:

Oh well.

Legend was fun to play, TRA was really boring, so many lame traps to make it feel longer. Puzzles maybe? Autograb which is actually usable? NAaah...

Jamie18
30-10-07, 18:24
Legend unfortunately.

Rivendell
30-10-07, 20:03
Legend was fun to play, TRA was really boring, so many lame traps to make it feel longer. Puzzles maybe? Autograb which is actually usable? NAaah...

TR:A had puzzles, the game presented a bit more challenge than legend, it was certainly longer than legend, better & more TRish locations, it had atmosphere, it didn't have Zip/Alister, there were no mercs to fight, it was less linear, better level design, ring menu, it had the option to turn off hints and autograb...

legend has more colour and better lighting, but what else? Short, merc-filled, linear and unchallenging levels aloud with the jibber jabber of two complete and utter morons.

And people have actually said they want to go back to that? We're offered a more Tomb Raidery experience, and people say they want another legend game?
Count me out of the series if those people get their way.

Chug a Bug
30-10-07, 20:16
Most games I've ever played but these ones particularly stick in the mind:

Angel of Darkness. So much expected by me, so much of an unfinished mess.
Legend. Need I say...?
Doom 3. Utter brainless tosh. What on earth is all the fuss about anyhow?

danitiwa
30-10-07, 20:18
TR:A had puzzles, the game presented a bit more challenge than legend, it was certainly longer than legend, better & more TRish locations, it had atmosphere, it didn't have Zip/Alister, there were no mercs to fight, it was less linear, better level design, ring menu, it had the option to turn off hints and autograb...

legend has more colour and better lighting, but what else? Short, merc-filled, linear and unchallenging levels aloud with the jibber jabber of two complete and utter morons.

And people have actually said they want to go back to that? We're offered a more Tomb Raidery experience, and people say they want another legend game?

That is true, but It was still horribly more boring than Legend IMO.

That's also true, but I strangely enjoyed replaying the levels a million times, I came to the great pyramid and gave up because the idiotic checkpoint system made it impossible to complete a level, if you die (which is very likely.) You have to redo a million hard jumps and obstacles etc, and that's just not for me.

I'm not saying I want to go back to that, some people do. I don't I'm not too fond of both. I just found Legend less unbearable. I was horribly angry about Anniversary because I felt that CD was so ignorant of what we really complained about, all they did was add a rotating inventory and less medpacks and mercs. They kept the horrible whiny Lara, they gave us the despisable click click clicking to shoot, they just made it even worse for me. I'm just plain sick of CD to be honest. Tomb Raider feels like it's vanished for ever.

And I hope I don't cause offence to any fans of CD's games either.

-DEBUG
30-10-07, 21:10
Resident Evil: Code Veronica, the controls on that were horrific. Legend was disappointing too, but I don't need to say any more about that one.

NightWish
30-10-07, 21:13
sims also. it reminds me of a realiity show (boring) and u jave to control everything (only for control freaks) in normal life which again is boring. Whats the point of playng a game that is about normal thins? for me the point of playing games is to live experiamce something that in reality u cant.

Also cplinter cell double agent.. but that is becaus it loaded tooooo sloooooowlyyyyyy

EgyptianSoul
31-10-07, 07:26
For me the most disappointing game would have to be O.D.T. back in 1998 on PlayStation. It had an interesting story, but the game itself failed. Most boring game I have ever played. And because of that, I've never finished it.

Reggie
31-10-07, 10:04

So what would rate TRA overall? you seem to be in two minds about it?
I would still rate Anniversary as a big disappointment as we all know we should have gotten something more in the form of Core Design's TR:AE. TR1 just feels like its been Legendised (that includes better graphics in its defense I suppose). That means routes have been cut off, the controls and animations have been royally ****ed up (I liked AOD's better! :yik:), the interactive cutscenes ruined the surprises we should have had in gameplay and the story was totally Legendised.

I would've had a lot more respect if they kept the pre-Legend universe of Lara seperate from the post-Legend universe of Lara because a combination of it will result in a right mess.

danitiwa
31-10-07, 11:44
/\
Ditto, it wasn't enough to make a new horrible Lara, they had to ruin the old one too. :rolleyes:

Angelus
31-10-07, 16:28
That is true, but It was still horribly more boring than Legend IMO.

That's also true, but I strangely enjoyed replaying the levels a million times, I came to the great pyramid and gave up because the idiotic checkpoint system made it impossible to complete a level, if you die (which is very likely.) You have to redo a million hard jumps and obstacles etc, and that's just not for me.

I'm not saying I want to go back to that, some people do. I don't I'm not too fond of both. I just found Legend less unbearable. I was horribly angry about Anniversary because I felt that CD was so ignorant of what we really complained about, all they did was add a rotating inventory and less medpacks and mercs. They kept the horrible whiny Lara, they gave us the despisable click click clicking to shoot, they just made it even worse for me. I'm just plain sick of CD to be honest. Tomb Raider feels like it's vanished for ever.

And I hope I don't cause offence to any fans of CD's games either.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with all of that.

Anniversary was a much, much better game than Legend. We had isolation, atmosphere, no mercs, less battles with the pointless enemies, more exploration, ring menu and better weapons.

While the game isn't perfect, it is a hell of a lot better than the total garbage that was Legend.

interstellardave
31-10-07, 16:43
Why must every topic devolve into bashing Legend and/or TRA? That's not what this topic is about. I voted AOD... but you didn't see me going on and on about it!

larson n natla
31-10-07, 17:48

:wve:Not saying i want every tr game to be legend heck no i want the old feelin back, but just because anniversary had a ring menu and a tatty old auto grab doesnt make it nostalgic at all, throw in those tedious puzzles and imo MUCH more linear levels and what to you get a good DOSE OF ADRENILINE DOGED BORDUM just because i didnt like anniversary doesnt mean i dont want the old ones back it just means that i didnt like it at all, nuthing like the original they took it screwed it up then invited toby gard in to tell him how much tra is better that tr1 when it obviously has only improved in graphics any one agree:ohn::vlol::ohn:

(just kidding i aprreciate your opinion riv ;))

but yeah im not gunna bash

I WAS ALSO MORTALLY OFFENDED BY DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA ARGHHHHHHHHHH I WAS BORED TO DEATH WITH THE TURNED COMBAT WHY WOULD YOU WAIT FOR THE ENEMIE TO ATTACK YAH I MEAN FORGET MANERS JUST SLASH ALREDY :)

Agent 47
31-10-07, 17:58
Gran Turismo 2

totally didn't like it, and it actually looked worse than the 1st :(

Tomb-Raider
31-10-07, 19:19
I just got the Sims 2: Castaway for PS2, I have not beaten it yet but I give if 6/10.

All the hype was totally destroyed when I realized you have to wait a moderate loading time when you get to one area to another. It's kind of like they built this place on lots.
Gathering resources. even with the cheats its still annoying.
Its extremely hard to see in the dark
bugs like if you move into a corner, all there clothes fall of.. :/Oh, and Anniversary. So much hype, but from the beginning, I knew it wouldnt be my type of game, but who would I be, a big tomb raider fan, and not getting trae. Anyway, first of all I her outfit is horrible. Second, It is really boring, unlike Legend. legend was actually reeallly fun! (no sarcasm there) I loved the merc, sound, especially the oufits, the levels, pretty much everything. In anniversary, lara would sometimes get her body stuck into stuff (hard to explain) and that makes the game look crappy. I recommend Tomb raider Legend, so much, and any day. For those of you who think im crazy for saying I prefer legend, you obviously like games for length and other dumb stuff. For example, tomb raider legend had AMAZING graphics, and no one even mentions a thing about that, trae has uglyier ones, and they seem to like it better. Also the gameplay. Tomb raider legend has GREAT gameplay. New moves, kicks, flips, slow mo jump, grapple.. but noo, all you want is a tomb with no sound lara just with the ability to jump and roll. And also whats up with the enemies eyes in trae? If the animals had normal eyes instead of marble flasdhing ones, (look at any dead enemie and so the eyes changing color) it looks ridiculous. It makes it look like CD did not even spend time to make all the important stuff look good, they just care about what the fans rant about. In my

... wow .. I spent alot of time typing that.. Its actually because I care about TRL so much. And I just hate Trae so much. Even if trl is bad, isnt any better at all... (trl is not bad btw. :D)

Rivendell
31-10-07, 19:27
So what would rate TRA overall? you seem to be in two minds about it?

Probably around 6.5/7, around the same as I rate TR6.
I'm not really in two minds about it, I have a very clear outlook on it. :p

A. It's rucks better than legend for the reasons I stated
B. It's still nowhere near as good as we got in the days of TR1/2/3/4

The things I mentioned I'm thankful about, it's some of the stuff we asked for, albeit in a very small dose - but the things are still there. Just like they aren't in legend.
What I listed was the good stuff without mentioning everything I think is wrong with the game.

I'm trying to compare it more to legend than to TR1. Compare it to legend and it's a dream; compare it to TR1 and you'll get this answer from me:
"Lol, err... No, just.. no." ;)

Considering TR:AE looked like TR1 + More + Better, it's a great shame I have to say the above about TR:A.

Tomb-Raider
31-10-07, 19:37
Probably around 6.5/7, around the same as I rate TR6.
I'm not really in two minds about it, I have a very clear outlook on it. :p

A. It's rucks better than legend for the reasons I stated
B. It's still nowhere near as good as we got in the days of TR1/2/3/4

The things I mentioned I'm thankful about, it's some of the stuff we asked for, albeit in a very small dose - but the things are still there. Just like they aren't in legend.
What I listed was the good stuff without mentioning everything I think is wrong with the game.

I'm trying to compare it more to legend than to TR1. Compare it to legend and it's a dream; compare it to TR1 and you'll get this answer from me:
"Lol, err... No, just.. no." ;)

Considering TR:AE looked like TR1 + More + Better, it's a great shame I have to say the above about TR:A.

Out of curiosity, would you think Trae is better than Trl? Give me reasons and details why? I want to know. :D

Mona Sax
31-10-07, 19:41
IMO, if classic TR is the Ritz of the videogame world, TRL is McDonald's. TRA is Burger King - a lot better, but still a long way from the top. ;)

danitiwa
31-10-07, 19:42
Why must every topic devolve into bashing Legend and/or TRA? That's not what this topic is about. I voted AOD... but you didn't see me going on and on about it!

Well, we're debating. Sure, my last post was a bit coarse. XD Sozzz But it's a TOMB RAIDER forum, so you can't expect much less. We fans are just sharing what we thought about the games.

Rivendell
31-10-07, 19:48
Out of curiosity, would you think Trae is better than Trl? Give me reasons and details why? I want to know. :D

TR:AE looked a lot better than legend to me.
It was TR1 + more in sense of level designs rebuilt and expanded upon, Lara's old moves + new ones, colour scheme and lighting that oozed atmosphere from every corner of the game.. As opposed to the things I said about legend earlier.
It's basically like comparing TR1 to legend, many people share the view that TR1 is better for many reasons.
:tmb:

Legends
31-10-07, 19:53
Angel of Darkness. It's just not a TR game.

Lenochka
31-10-07, 19:59
TR:AOD
Apparently starring the real Lara Croft (Some bouncy boobed bimbo dressed all in black with too much mascara... Basically lookin like a straight up tranny IMO) AOD's levels were kind of boring, the controls were horrid... The only thing the game had going for it IMO was the graphics and the story... MAN what an amazing story that was, So much potential... Really is a pity they never got to finish it... Anyways back on topic, With only graphics and story on its side it unfortunately didn't do much for the gameplay =/

TR:L
The game is fun... But i really expected much more, After waiting for about 2 years for it... And finally getting it to just complete it in 2 days was kind of sad =/ The levels don't have much replay value... Though the first time through was a blast :3

Moon-Safari
31-10-07, 22:29
I was pretty disappointed when the mansion wasnt included in TR4. then aod after waiting for so long. then legend was disappointing but made me appreciate aod more. and anniversary... i wont even go there.

bloodstormaoa
31-10-07, 22:38
Most disappointing game played....ever?

hmmm...perhaps Bloodrayne 2 - I'd heard so many good things on TRF :rolleyes:

larson n natla
01-11-07, 16:04
Most disappointing game played....ever?

hmmm...perhaps Bloodrayne 2 - I'd heard so many good things on TRF :rolleyes:

uh ohhhhhh :o sorry bloodstorm i thought youd luv it

Postalisback
01-11-07, 19:57
Would have to be Halo and Team Fortress 2, ultimately boring and just could not get interested in those 2 games... havent played Halo 2 or Halo 3 so cant really say about those...

Deamonella
01-11-07, 21:54
DMC 2
Tomb Raider 4
Hitman
Oblivion - Elder Scrolls

bloodstormaoa
01-11-07, 23:08
uh ohhhhhh :o sorry bloodstorm i thought youd luv it

S'ok LnN :hug: It wasn't just you.....twas others aswell ;)

Mad Tony
02-11-07, 11:02
Oblivion - Elder ScrollsFor me, Oblivion was better than I expected. What didn't you like about it?

tomblover
02-11-07, 11:10
IMO, if classic TR is the Ritz of the videogame world, TRL is McDonald's. TRA is Burger King - a lot better, but still a long way from the top. ;) I couldn't have said it better! :tmb: :vlol:

Legend 4ever
02-11-07, 11:12
Legend was bad, Anniversary was WORSE.

Anniworsary :vlol:
So true.

Oh yeah, I son even know where I have pulled this game from : STOLEN. Dull, stupid, controls are bad and the game is boring.

Zebra
02-11-07, 11:50
Exactly.
The Peru-Levels were okay but than it started to get boring and frustrating.
And the Replay-Value (except for Tomb of Qualopec and the colosseum) is ZERO!

Shark_Blade
02-11-07, 11:57
Charlie's Angel on PS2.

And I was a noob at the time to buy such rubbish :pi:

DMC 2
Tomb Raider 4
Hitman

That was a shock to me :yik: I don't know about other Hitman but Blood Money seems to be a kick ass game.

Krook
02-11-07, 15:15
Tomb Raider 2 (I can justify it if you want me to)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Final Fantasy VIII
Resident Evil Zero
The Getaway
Blood II
Streets of Rage 3 (going back a bit!)

There's a few off the top of my head. Funny as actually none of them are bad games, they just didn't live up to the hype/my expectations.

Legend 4ever
02-11-07, 15:23

Please do.

Dakaruch
02-11-07, 15:25
TR:L
TR:A
and perhaps a few others... like FIFA 2005 or something like that

Minty Mouth
02-11-07, 15:52
Do you want me to bring FFXII out of the bag again?

*cough*Itscrap*cough*

jeremyANDROGYNY
02-11-07, 16:20
I thought Final Fantasy XII was pretty disappointing. I just couldn't really get into that game. I loved every other Final Fantasy but I thought that FFXII, from how far I got into the game, was boring and that some of the gameplay mechanics implemented in that game were just dumb.

Krook
02-11-07, 16:24

Please do.

Ok well firstly I really hoped Core would have waited (or atleast Eidos had allowed) another year before releasing the sequel as I feared that a year between games isn't enough unless they had a vast team behind it... which they didn't. Upon playing it my fears were realised. They had only minorly tweaked the formula rather than really added major depth to it. A few new moves, an improved lighting system and slightly better graphics? All well and good considering the time and the limits of which they were developing on.

But the main disapppointment for me was the levels, or namely the settings and the story. After a promising first level involving the great wall of China where I assumed you would delve deeper into caves and such you get whisked off to Venice which involved searching around an abandoned Opera House. This was when I thought "This game is called Tomb Raider right?" and "What was wrong with the tombs, caves & ancient underground passages from the first game?"

Let's be honest: nothing. That's why the first game was and still is considered by most as the best game of the franchise.

Admittedly it did get slightly better with the 'Wreck of Maria Doria' levels but once again the atmosphere and sense of isolation (probably due to the amount of grunts roaming about) was completely gone. It just didn't feel the same as some of the feelings that were evoked in the surroundings of the first game.

Funnily enough the game actually picks up when you return to China. Ok Tibet wasn't too bad, namely the Catacombs and Ice Palace but the Monastery is one hell of a drag to enjoy unless you've played it before. Oh yeah and I love having to reload my savegame after shooting one of them by accident when the goons pour in through those double doors. Ok maybe that last part shouldn't be mentioned as I got a little carried away and it's missing the point.

Also what happened to the immense satisfaction you got from finishing a level. In the first game you actually felt like you'd actually successfully navigated through a place previously untouched by the civilised world and beaten all that that area had to throw at you, whether it be defying the odds & laws of huge expansive areas or solving ancient puzzles that time forgot. With TRII the only satisfaction I got from finishing a level was if I had completed it in one sitting.

Anyway I'm sure many of you would disagree, you probably wouldn't be here otherwise and don't get me wrong I thought it was an enjoyable enough game it was just a disappointment to me after I had loved the first game so much to see it change in many ways, and not for the better.

You see, five games in five years on one console just doesn't seem right even back then. I mean, I know Lara 'plays for sport' but Tomb Raider isn't a freakin' sports game. They should have took their time with each sequel and put as much into each game as you can so obviously tell by the first game. In my opinion, there should have only been three games released on the PS1, the original, TR3 and The Last Revolution, all being better for it that they had more time spent on each. However that's in an ideal world, the publisher pressured Core to put a game out each year to make as much money as possible, 'milking the cow' if you will. It's just a shame that these events ultimately led to Core's demise, even when they had time to develop the next TR game for PS2 they were rushed to release and understandly the game fell short in most respects. But hey this is a different topic altogether.

To sum up, alot of people argue that TR2 was where the TR series prematurely peaked. However when I consider the changes the series took for each game to try to 'stay fresh' (which was nonsense as alot of people just wanted more of the same only improved) I have to say that the series sadly peaked with the first game.

Agree or disagree, this is my opinion and that is why I found TR2 disappointing.

Tthe Spirit
02-11-07, 16:45
Angel of Darkness...

So very disappointing...

Andariel
02-11-07, 17:09
Angel of Darkness...

So very disappointing...
agreed. i love the theme but the controls are deplorable. :(

silver_wolf
02-11-07, 19:43
Resident Evil 4
WHAT??!! That's probably the best RE ever made!:yik:
I'd have to say Halo. It was ok, but after all the hype and praise I'd heard for it, it wasn't anything special.

danitiwa
02-11-07, 19:59
agreed. i love the theme but the controls are deplorable. :(

Then get the darn thing for PC!!!! :p (Apologies if you already do.)
So true.

Oh yeah, I son even know where I have pulled this game from : STOLEN. Dull, stupid, controls are bad and the game is boring.

For once we agree, Legend is actually quite enjoyable to me, but as a NOT TR game. Leave Lara alone!!! :p (Many may not agree with me but oh well.) Anniversary was like a feeble attempt to be better than Core or something... Pretty darn pathetic to me.

Tombreaper
03-11-07, 00:46
Munches Oddysee on the xbux

hookups
03-11-07, 04:47
Black

top-toddy
03-11-07, 05:08
crash bandicoot ( only the ones for the ps2)

Legend 4ever
03-11-07, 07:08
Then get the darn thing for PC!!!! :p (Apologies if you already do.)

For once we agree, Legend is actually quite enjoyable to me, but as a NOT TR game. Leave Lara alone!!! :p (Many may not agree with me but oh well.) Anniversary was like a feeble attempt to be better than Core or something... Pretty darn pathetic to me.

I love Legend. I was talking about game named Stolen there. :ton:

MadCroy101
03-11-07, 19:36
most dissapointing game i have ever played was:
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
Drake
Turok: Evolution
SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Botton (it's true, i played it:p)
The Sims Bustin Out

For all the bad reasons :vlol:

larson n natla
04-11-07, 09:55
Exactly.
The Peru-Levels were okay but than it started to get boring and frustrating.
And the Replay-Value (except for Tomb of Qualopec and the colosseum) is ZERO!

YOUR SO RIGHT anniverary had noooooooooooooooooooo replay at all i just get so bored that i switch it off and put pitfall in, is like anniversary only more child like and fun :jmp::ton::jmp:

Devilian
04-11-07, 10:01
World of Warcraft! Idiocy for little kids...Lineage 2 RULEZ!!! :tea: :D

marcocatena
04-11-07, 12:28
To be honest:
Bioshcok
That game was so over-rated, the start was amazing but the end was really crap :mad:

Devilian
04-11-07, 12:50
To be honest:
Bioshcok
That game was so over-rated, the start was amazing but the end was really crap :mad:

EXCUSE ME!? :mad: This game is perfect! Maybe ur end was crap cuz u killed Little sisters, but good end made me cry :o

Legend 4ever
04-11-07, 15:29
Oh, yeah this one sucked too: Revolution. Utter crap. :mad::hea:

danitiwa
04-11-07, 19:15
I love Legend. I was talking about game named Stolen there. :ton:

Oh lol, my bad. =3

MadCroy101
04-11-07, 19:17
To be honest:
Bioshcok

That game is awesome!!!!!!!!!! It was just like, so cool:tea:

kryptonite23
05-11-07, 08:20
To be honest:
Bioshcok

Bioshock is very cool!! :cool:
You should not hate it. :mis:

BoyTRaider
05-11-07, 16:53
Silent Hill 4 and RainbowSix Vegas for me.