PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 the game (OMFG)

AndrewII
27-07-03, 08:52
Its funny that I came across,but on another board I across a link to game being developed for the PC by small group of gamers utilizing the Unreal engine. From the looks of the said game, it looks though the focus is surviving that terrible atrocity,but at the same time I'm repulsed at the concept of the game. Anyhow, what your opinion on this title?

BTW this a screen of the game:

http://www.kinematic.org/Shot00025.jpg

croft28
27-07-03, 09:01
Um.......i dont know wether to hate it, or just not care about the game....i guess im a bit inbetween, its ODD though isnt it?....i mean, how weird to make a game out of that. Its just so weird to me.

stephaniedp
27-07-03, 09:12
I think it's a step too sick. Personally I have no interest whatsoever in trying to get out of the building in a videogame, while I know that 12 of my friends in real life did not make it.

PSone
27-07-03, 09:53
Originally posted by croft28:
Um.......i dont know wether to hate it, or just not care about the game....i guess im a bit inbetween, its ODD though isnt it?....i mean, how weird to make a game out of that. Its just so weird to me.After I had watched several news stories on 9/11 I realised... OMG! Someone is gonna make a movie about that and make millions! :eek: :(

I never would have thought someone would be insensitive enough to make the game!! :eek: disgusting

Draco
27-07-03, 09:59
Well, people made games and movies out of WWII...

It was bound to happen...

AndrewII
27-07-03, 10:34
Originally posted by Draco:
Well, people made games and movies out of WWII...

It was bound to happen...^^^True,but what I realized, is that WWII is basically history now. 9/11, was like it was yesterday and still fresh in peoples minds.

Raider Ranger
27-07-03, 12:04
There is no comparison between WW11 and 9/11, they are two totally different situations. 9/11 was an act of terrorism and how anyone could think of making a game out of such a situation is beyond belief. :(

TRChik
27-07-03, 13:05
o now thats just f'n ridiculous. im so ****ed off now. how could they make a game like that????? i know they made it for good purposes, but thats not showing a lot of respect to the families... as i said they probably mean well, but i don't think it is appropriate. at all.

psywave666
27-07-03, 13:46
It should be illegal to make such a game :mad:

charlie904
27-07-03, 14:42
it will be. with the petitioners these days that game will be boycotted and the company will be sued in a matter of months.

but my thoughts on it is that its disgusting. i know it would make a good game but this memory is still fresh in peoples minds. people have to deal with this everyday. there should be a law that prohibits the creation of video games or movies based on tragedies that happened within 30 years. that sounds pretty damn reasonable to me.

daventry
27-07-03, 16:53
:mad: That is just sick.

My cousin was on his way to work in one of those undeground trains when they said on the Intercom that the WTC was hit by a plane. Lucky, he was late for work.

What's more sad is that when the building was burning, whe see people jumping for their lives to their death.

Anyone interested in the game, yeah right. :mad:

Celli
27-07-03, 17:06
The first few days following September 11th, I was worried that some idiot director would try to capitalize on it and make a movie about it. Never did I expect that someone would be so ridiculously stupid to make a game of it.....

OMG.....

Draco
27-07-03, 23:27
I bet if Titanic had sunk in 1992 instead, the movie would have bombed...

So really it isn't a question of ethics or morals but of timing...

The Oklahoma City bombing was used in the X-files movie...