PDA

View Full Version : MSG4 delayed till 2nd Q 2008

Samsdad
31-10-07, 16:54
http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/36007A2E-DF92-4991-8F01-58B5CEC889D1.htm

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 16:55
Hmm... that's a shame. I'm still hoping for a 360 version, although that's not very likely.
All these constant game delays are annoying me. I'd rather these companies just say a date that's a long way off instead of constantly moving the release date back.

Agent 47
31-10-07, 17:23
you're not even a PS3 owner so why the hell should you even care??? seems odd to me :confused:

@Samsdad, seems the game is being delayed due to artistic reasons, understandable

but i think it's a little white lie, Konami are really waiting for an improved PS3 install base, but delaying the game kinda defeats the objective really

release the game, the fans will buy the console....Halo 3 proved that mentality

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 17:25
you're not even a PS3 owner so why the hell should you even care??? seems odd to me :confused:

Two reasons:

1. I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan.
2. My brother (who's in the Navy) leaves his PS3 here so when it comes out I'll be able to play it.

Betal
31-10-07, 17:25
That's bad new lol.:p

And like Mad Tony said. I hope there comes a 360 version.:D

Agent 47 this is a game thread not a PS3 fanboy thread.

bloodstormaoa
31-10-07, 17:30
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:p

Delays don't bother me tbh, as long as the game itself is excellent, I don't care.

Agent 47
31-10-07, 17:31
That's bad new lol.:p

And like Mad Tony said. I hope there comes a 360 version.:D

Agent 47 this is a game thread not a PS3 fanboy thread.

your point,

simply stating a FACT, why should a NON PS3 owner even care about a delay regarding a PS3 game?? last i checked it doesn't affect 360 owners in any way shape or form

yet again we all know the 360 fan mentality "we want our own exclusives, but we want yours too" bah!

OT: not as if MGS4 is being delayed for disc size reasons, the article clearly states it's to improve stuff..............i can wait :D

“in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide,”

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 17:32
your point,

simply stating a FACT, why should a NON PS3 owner even care about a delay regarding a PS3 game?? last i checked it doesn't affect 360 owners in any way shape or form

yet again we all know the 360 fan mentality "we want our own exclusives, but we want yours too" bah!
Umm, did you read my post? I said my brother has one therefore when it does come out I can get it. Also, I'm a MGS fan. Of course it affects a 360 owner if that particular 360 owned (e.g. me) has a PS3 accessible.

Oh, and I'm not a 360 fan. I'm a 360 player.

Betal
31-10-07, 17:34

Same here.

I only play Xbox360 until I get my new computer.:p

But I wish people could be less..... Fanboyish xD

Agent 47
31-10-07, 17:40
Umm, did you read my post? I said my brother has one therefore when it does come out I can get it. Also, I'm a MGS fan.

yes i read the post, still stick by what i said though, non PS3 owners should't be concerned as it doesn't effect them

being a fan of MGS is a non issue, the fact you apparently have part time access to a PS3 is also a non issue

surely as a MGS fan you could invest in a cheap 40GB model you can call your own and as such play whenever you want when you want?

besides, the machine will be cheaper still by the time MGS4 comes out :D

Betal
31-10-07, 17:42
If this thread is only for ps3 owners he should added *only for ps3 owners* :rolleyes:

Everybody is welcome to share their opinions and thought. Atleast that's what the mods tell me.

So stop being such a fool because not everyone have throwed a vacation on a console.

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 17:43
yes i read the post, still stick by what i said though, non PS3 owners should't be concerned as it doesn't effect them

being a fan of MGS is a non issue, the fact you apparently have part time access to a PS3 is also a non issue

surely as a MGS fan you could invest in a cheap 40GB model you can call your own and as such play whenever you want when you want?

besides, the machine will be cheaper still by the time MGS4 comes out :DYes, I am not a PS3 owner but I have full time access to a PS3. The only difference between you and I when it comes to having a PS3 accessible is that you own yours, I don't. Therefore it does affect me as I am planning to buy the game.

I am a MGS fan, but I don't see the point in wasting my money on a console as expensive as the PS3 for one game. It'd be easier just to buy MGS4 when it comes out and play it on my brother's console.

TR freak
31-10-07, 17:48
Meh, I'm not really bothered. MGS4 is just as overhyped as Halo 3 imo. I'll probably get it but I dont consider it to be the killer appearance for the PS3 that most people say it is.

Agent 47
31-10-07, 17:54
If this thread is only for ps3 owners he should added *only for ps3 owners* :rolleyes:

Everybody is welcome to share their opinions and thought. Atleast that's what the mods tell me.

So stop being such a fool because not everyone have throwed a vacation on a console.

how classy resorting to name calling,how big of you, :rolleyes:

yes, i am a fool for shock horror investing a RELIABLE machine,for having titles I want to play, yep i'm quite happy and content thank you very much :mad:

@TR Freak, same could be said about GTA IV too

actually i find it kind of amusing that whilst PS3/360 owners are trying to get one over each other, the Wii is beating them both, as is the dated PS2 :D

Samsdad
31-10-07, 17:59
It does raise the specter of a possible port to the 360. Say the installed base for the PS3 is 7-8 million at the time of release. MSG4 is going to sell well enough to make a profit. But the installed base for the 360 shold be about 15 million at that time. A port to the 360 means that MGS4 makes a hell of a profit. That is the type of thing that drives developers decisions.

bloodstormaoa
31-10-07, 18:00
Meh, I'm not really bothered. MGS4 is just as overhyped as Halo 3 imo. I'll probably get it but I dont consider it to be the killer appearance for the PS3 that most people say it is.

Difference is that MGS4 will no doubt live up to the hype and offer a truly unique gameplay experience :)

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 18:05
Difference is that MGS4 will no doubt live up to the hype and offer a truly unique gameplay experience :)Ditto. Besides, it's gonna answer a heck off a lot of mind boggling questions that were left at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Agent 47
31-10-07, 18:10
It does raise the specter of a possible port to the 360. Say the installed base for the PS3 is 7-8 million at the time of release. MSG4 is going to sell well enough to make a profit. But the installed base for the 360 shold be about 15 million at that time. A port to the 360 means that MGS4 makes a hell of a profit. That is the type of thing that drives developers decisions.

i thought it was a big brown envelope stuffed with cash that drove developers decisions :D

like the following scenarios

MS, here's an extra bundle, don't release Bioshock on PS3 EVER!!!

Sony, here's a bundle, make Haze PS3 exclusive for as long as possible (nobody knows if it's permanent or not) (and i'm not at all interested in Haze or FPS in general)

@bloodstormaoa, thing with GTA is, although they are good, they don't really offer anything truly NEW, just gimmicks like buying stuff pfft, gameplay wise they're very repetitive and the franchise has got old IMO

Ditto. Besides, it's gonna answer a heck off a lot of mind boggling questions that were left at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2.

that's why MGS4 will do well, it actually ties up loose ends from all games, still, i can't wait to see how Snake meets his demise :D killing off a character such as Snake is a major show of guts IMO

bloodstormaoa
31-10-07, 18:46
Ditto. Besides, it's gonna answer a heck off a lot of mind boggling questions that were left at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Exactly :D

@bloodstormaoa, thing with GTA is, although they are good, they don't really offer anything truly NEW, just gimmicks like buying stuff pfft, gameplay wise they're very repetitive and the franchise has got old IMO

I wasn't talking about GTA :confused: And I completely agree :)

that's why MGS4 will do well, it actually ties up loose ends from all games, still, i can't wait to see how Snake meets his demise :D killing off a character such as Snake is a major show of guts IMO

I don't believe Snake will actually die....I feel classic Kojima twist a'coming :D

Agent 47
31-10-07, 18:52
Exactly :D

I wasn't talking about GTA :confused: And I completely agree :)

I don't believe Snake will actually die....I feel classic Kojima twist a'coming :D

no, some American dude was interviewed recently and confirmed Snakes demise,he confirmed this is the final chapter regarding Solid Snake and that he will indeed die,i'll be gutted if he lives,all good things must come to an end

for the franchise to move forward and reinvent itself, Snake needs to die :D

bloodstormaoa
31-10-07, 18:56
no, some American dude was interviewed recently and confirmed Snakes demise,he confirmed this is the final chapter regarding Solid Snake and that he will indeed die,i'll be gutted if he lives,all good things must come to an end

for the franchise to move forward and reinvent itself, Snake needs to die :D

*Is in disbelief*

:yik:

*SNAPS OUT OF IT*

I'm not sure that is a great decision....I can't picture a character EVER being able to fill Snake's shoes within the MGS series. Reinvention is one thing but killing off Snake is a bit much......I mean imagine if Raiden took over, MGS just wouldn't be the same.

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 21:35

for the franchise to move forward and reinvent itself, Snake needs to die :DLet's just hope they kill off that gay fool Raiden. :p

LegenDarY
31-10-07, 22:26
Haahahaha I'm laughing my ass off at the person who started this thread.

I just got home and read the news on a game site, the first thing I thought was: I wanna bet a 100 dollars that Samsdad has created a thread about this on TRF..

and what do you know.. llook at that :D.

You're funny beyond believe.

Anyway, to stay on topic.. I've never cared about games being delayed as long as it benefits the game. And games aren't being delayed for no reason, it's too improve stuff that's not good enough, so I'm sure they're not delaying a HUGE titel like this for nothing :).

Same goes for TR, I'd rather have it be delayed over and over resulting in me being able to play a TRUE TR game, in stead of cheap fast-build TR rip-offs ;).

MiCkiZ88
31-10-07, 22:45
Let's just hope they kill off that gay fool Raiden. :p...

Anyway. Doesn't bother me. Wasn't planning on getting it till later next year anyways.

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 22:48
Hmm?

bloodstormaoa
31-10-07, 22:51
Let's just hope they kill off that gay fool Raiden. :p

Agreed :tmb: Nothing to do with sexual orientation of course, merely because he's a lame character. In fact....I hope Snake kills him :cln:

(Not saying that that is what you're saying MT.....just to clarify!)

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 22:52
Agreed :tmb: Nothing to do with sexual orientation of course, merely because he's a lame character. In fact....I hope Snake kills him :cln:
Yes, that would be nice. :D I wonder if Raiden's gonna go all psycho like Gray Fox did in MGS1? A fight to the death maybe?

"Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon".

bloodstormaoa
31-10-07, 23:00
Yes, that would be nice. :D I wonder if Raiden's gonna go all psycho like Gray Fox did in MGS1? A fight to the death maybe?

"Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon".

That would be perfect :D I can picture it now.....

*drifts off to a wonderful daydream that includes the slicing and dicing of Raiden (with his own Katana, no less!) at the hands of a weak and dying Snake...)

Aaaah, victory!

Mad Tony
31-10-07, 23:09
That would be perfect :D I can picture it now.....

*drifts off to a wonderful daydream that includes the slicing and dicing of Raiden (with his own Katana, no less!) at the hands of a weak and dying Snake...)

Aaaah, victory!:vlol: :D

"That's it, Snake. Hurt me more. Make me feel alive again"

BtoFu
31-10-07, 23:21

Your rants are the non-issue. This posting style spoils my supper, so give it a rest you complete nutter. Taaaaaaaa.

Looks like I'll be holding off on my PS3 purchase until second quarter. Boo.

Samsdad
01-11-07, 13:56
Haahahaha I'm laughing my ass off at the person who started this thread.

I just got home and read the news on a game site, the first thing I thought was: I wanna bet a 100 dollars that Samsdad has created a thread about this on TRF..

and what do you know.. llook at that :D.

You're funny beyond believe.

The phrase is "funny beyond belief" but I am sure that you do a hell of a lot better in English than I would ever do in Dutch.

Delays this late in the game are normal but generally are due to technical and not artistic issues. The problem with delays are that they are costly. Every months delay can run up a lot of extra costs that you hope can be recovered. Now for a francise such as MSG4 that is less of a worry than for others but it still might lead the developers and publishers to rethink where they put their efforts. There have not been a lot of PS3 money making games out there yet and the longer the big PS3 games are delayed the worst the situation gets for Sony.

Poseidons_Doom
01-11-07, 20:09
I don't really mind,
i can hold out for it,
I'm a Tomb Raider and FF fan, i'm used to waiting,

until then i have my Wii to keep me entertained,

If MGS4 is half as good as the original then i'll be damn happy

da tomb raider!
01-11-07, 20:43
As long as the delay is actually necessary to make MGS4 at it's best, I'm not complaining. I've got plenty of other PS3 games to play in the meantime. :wve:

TombRaiderLover
01-11-07, 20:45
Shame. I was looking forward to seeing what reviewers thought of the game. Still, if it means a better game, I'm all for it. :wve: