PDA

View Full Version : Annacia

Celli
27-07-03, 17:53
I think I avoided telling you (and everyone too) about this for long enough now.

While the forum was down yesterday I decided to visit a few forums that I hadn't been to in awhile. One of these, was the first forum that I ever went to the first time I ever came online (which was 6 years ago). I had been a steady member at that forum for well over a year, until I got into a huge fight with a friend there, and I didn't speak to them for a few months.

Things finally were resolved towards the end of last year. We could finally talk to each other without it turning ugly, but the friendship was never the same after that. I didn't feel the urge to visit as often after that. I hadn't actually been to that forum since March. So that was 4 months ago.

Imagine my surprise and total shock, when I logged in there yesterday to find out that my friend died two weeks ago. :( I still can't believe he's really gone. The last time we spoke, I left kind of with bad blood there still. I was looking forward to talking to him (make sure everything turned out okay between us like it always did) and having a great time there like usual, and I see posts about condolances and funeral arrangements that were two weeks old already. :(

[ 27. July 2003, 18:54: Message edited by: Celli ]

Isabella
27-07-03, 18:00
Celli, I am sorry. That must have been a hard to find out.
Don't feel as though there are some loose ends, It sounds like the two of you did make some peace.

That is sad news. Death is always a harsh reality check.

ELEN
27-07-03, 18:04
I'm sorry for hearing that. Losing a friend is really hard!! You have to be brave in these moments...

I have to agree with Bella, you made some peace...

Celli
28-07-03, 02:13
I found out it was a blood clot to the lungs. A deep vein thrombosis is what it was called. :(

Isabella
28-07-03, 02:21
Originally posted by Celli:
I found out it was a blood clot to the lungs. A deep vein thrombosis is what it was called. :( Oh how terrible. Someone close to me died of the same thing. But your friend was so young?!
I beieve it is called an ambolism (my spelling is bad)

[ 28. July 2003, 03:22: Message edited by: Isabella ]

Celli
28-07-03, 02:25
I was never really sure about his age, but I think he was early 40s.....

Kaminari
28-07-03, 02:38
I feel sorry too, Celli.

It's always a shock to hear such news, especially if one has been involved in some way with the person that passed away. But you have to get over the feeling of responsibility (it's not exactly what you must actually be feeling, but I can't find a better word in English) for not totally regaining the state of friendship you both had once. You just have to accept that sometimes, people part away and follow their own path. This is natural. At least you peacefully settled with him, and that's what really matters in the end.

Annacia
28-07-03, 02:42
I just talked to you on IM Celli but once again, I'm so sorry.

Kaminari
30-07-03, 10:01
Out of work boredom, I went back to the Eidos board this morning after a hiatus of eight months. Oddly enough, I never was a regular of the TR sections. I actually registered there in 2001 for the release of Project Eden. It was a marginal but truely great place where to hang out back then.

There was this lovable moderator called Maggie. She was a sweetheart and a very helpful person, entirely dedicated to the few bunch of Project Eden fans we were. Pretty much like our own Elen. I just learned that she passed away around Christmas, less than a month after I left the forum and came over here. I'm knocked out and I feel nauseous beyond description. Like if I was very badly drunk. Silly how you can feel close to persons you never met in real life. But I miss her so much and now I'm too late.

Tells you how much I'm thoroughly clueless at giving advices, heh? So please, don't die guys, because I hate loosing friends. Now I think I'm going to find a pretext for backing home and hit the bottle.

Draco
30-07-03, 11:12
I aint goin nowheres...

Isabella
30-07-03, 16:08
Originally posted by Kaminari:
Out of work boredom, I went back to the Eidos board this morning after a hiatus of eight months. Oddly enough, I never was a regular of the TR sections. I actually registered there in 2001 for the release of Project Eden. It was a marginal but truely great place where to hang out back then.

There was this lovable moderator called Maggie. She was a sweetheart and a very helpful person, entirely dedicated to the few bunch of Project Eden fans we were. Pretty much like our own Elen. I just learned that she passed away around Christmas, less than a month after I left the forum and came over here. I'm knocked out and I feel nauseous beyond description. Like if I was very badly drunk. Silly how you can feel close to persons you never met in real life. But I miss her so much and now I'm too late.

Tells you how much I'm thoroughly clueless at giving advices, heh? So please, don't die guys, because I hate loosing friends. Now I think I'm going to find a pretext for backing home and hit the bottle.Kaminari, that is tragic. I understand how the impact of news like this can be terribly nauseating.
Don't let it bring you too far down, It's not healthy to dwell on things such as this.

http://moix.free.fr/smileys/amour/calin.gif