PDA

View Full Version : General Britney Spears Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151]

Linoshi Croft
24-08-16, 13:35
I'm hoping she doesn't lip sync...It would be absolutely embarrassing if she did. Which begs the question who thought it would be a good idea?

Lara_Fan1
25-08-16, 10:38
Can someone settle an argument between me and a friend please.

The second part of the verson on Liar my friend sings You can beg and you can bleed and when I told her that's not the lyrics she then proceeded to Google the lyrics and even lyric sites state she sings bleed;

You can beg and you can bleed
Baby talk, talk, talk
Keep on lying through your teeth
You know I know that you know I know
That you're a liar, a liar

But my argument is that Britney sings plead;

You can beg and you can plead
Baby talk, talk, talk
Keep on lying through your teeth
You know I know that you know I know
That you're a liar, a liar

What do you think she says? :vlol:
P.s; Liar for next single, it's the best song on the album!

Tonyrobinson
25-08-16, 21:59
Rewarding myself with a listening party at midnight, kept free from the leak so I'll let you know my thoughts. :)
EDIT:
Wow, I am loving it so far. Blackout 2.0 for sure, finally what I have wanted all these years, love the mellow electric sounds and easy vibe of it. Her vocals are also much better than they have been in recent years.

Nenya awakens
26-08-16, 05:02
Invitation <3

This album is so so good.

Lyle Croft
26-08-16, 06:11
Great, this is what I was afraid of. :hea: The General Public, knows Britney as a lipsyncer. I wish James would shut his mouth sometimes tbh.

She sang live for the most part, in Oops!... she was very close to her CD vocals, BOMT sounded very similar to her live performances in the late 90's/early 00s

pSd9hiBGoE0

Nenya awakens
26-08-16, 06:24
I liked that :D

Peterstar101
26-08-16, 08:37
The album is incredible from what I've heard so far! :tmb:

I just can't comprehend why they decided to use a screen from the music video rather than using photos from the photoshoot! Not to mention that ruddy awful font! :vlol:

jajay119
26-08-16, 13:25
Maybe the intitial photo shoot was too sexy too :rolleyes:

http://www.breatheheavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/britney-spears-glory-what-you-need.jpg

I'll be using this as my cover.

Chamayoo
26-08-16, 13:34
Superb cover ! Much better than the original !

Linoshi Croft
26-08-16, 20:11
Great, this is what I was afraid of. :hea: The General Public, knows Britney as a lipsyncer. I wish James would shut his mouth sometimes tbh.

She sang live for the most part, in Oops!... she was very close to her CD vocals, BOMT sounded very similar to her live performances in the late 90's/early 00s

pSd9hiBGoE0

From what you can hear, her vocals are perfectly fine and sound close to the album vocals. It makes even less sense that she refuses to sing live tbh...

Nenya awakens
26-08-16, 22:27
^ Maybe it's just a confidence thing.

jajay119
26-08-16, 23:01
Well she needs to get over it; she's been in the game now for nearly 20 years it's time she started to do it. If she really wants it to be a new era for her and for people to take her seriously she'll at least start singing with a heavy backing track and make it clear the odd few lines are live.

Chocola teapot
27-08-16, 00:11
Not those being the first live vocals we've had in 8 years!

And probably the last. :vlol:

Zebra
27-08-16, 00:32
Listened to the album now. I think my favourites are (in no particular order):
Clumsy
Make Me
Slumber Party
Do You Wanna Come Over
Liar

The best song is probably Liar. Can't quite decide if I like Coupure Électrique or not. The instrumental is cool but I don't like her vocals on it and she really butchers the French pronounciation on some of those words. All in all... I like the sound of the album/the overall instrumentation and production but I think it's kind of lacking in catchy tunes. Most of the songs are kind of forgettable and feel like filler. So yeah, it's not bad but it's not great, either.

EDIT: I just really get the feeling that this album would've been better if they'd just left it at 10 or 11 tracks. The way it is now, the good ones sort of get lost in between all the mediocre ones. EDIT 2: Oh, I just realised that the standard version does only have 12 tracks. Looks like they've just made the wrong tracks bonus tracks, then :facepalm:. How the hell did Liar end up being a bonus track!? Out of the tracks on the Deluxe Edition, I would've put these on the standard edition (not sure whether I should take Better out, too, though):

Make Me...
Private Show
Just Luv Me
Clumsy
Do You Wanna Come Over
Slumber Party
Love Me Down
What You Need
Better
Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
Liar

KIKO
27-08-16, 02:04
Is anyone having problems applying to win a ticket for the Apple Music Festival to see Britney? I have a UK account so this shouldn't be a problem but I keep getting a message that the network connection was reset and it asks me to try again. I can't tell if it's my stupid wi-fi or a glitch in the system.

EmeraldFields
27-08-16, 04:40
Zebra you left off the amazing yet quirky If I'm Dancing! :p

I really like the album. I think it's probably better than Circus (and def better than FF and BJ). I think even though there isn't a song that sounds like it would be a huge smash, I LOVE how engaged her vocals are. It sounds like she actually enjoyed making the album rather than trying to fulfill her contract.

As for future singles? I think either Slumber Party or Love Me Down would keep up the momentum of the album. I really wanna see Man on the Moon as a single at some point. I love the lyrics and production.

Shark_Blade
27-08-16, 05:08
Anyone seen Britney's carpool karaoke yet?

tombraiderxii
27-08-16, 05:34
I saw it. She's clearly singing for most of it, but she also unfortunately lip syncs majority of the middle. I will say I loved her run at the end of BOMT

EmeraldFields
27-08-16, 05:37
I thought it was fun! She was a little nervous in the beginning, but loosened up by the end. I thought BOMT was great. The "lipping" didn't bother me because she didn't do it for extended periods of time. IIRC Mariah did the same thing and no one freaked out about it so...

Shark_Blade
27-08-16, 05:46
I'm surprised that she said she's so done with men in her life, she doesn't want to marry anymore.

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised considering all the men in her life were so... hmm.

Nenya awakens
28-08-16, 23:29
If I'm Dancing is my most played track atm. Haha.

Deathly Karma
29-08-16, 10:40
Is anyone else kinda disappointed in her vma performance? I knew she would perform make me but the dancing was very mediocre and the whole thing was lip synced. :(

PallasAthene
29-08-16, 12:18
I actually liked her VMA performance a lot. I know she occasionally got that deer in the headlights look on her face, but then I can understand her being incredibly nervous. Can you imagine the pressure? The VMAs 2007 was the worst day of her professional life.

I mean of course she lip synced, but she looked incredible and her dancing was great. She was obviously into it and this is some of the best Britney music that's come out in a while, imo. She looked more confident and happy to be performing than I've seen her in so long. She did well by any pop star's standards, not just for post-breakdown Britney.

jajay119
29-08-16, 12:36
Is anyone else kinda disappointed in her vma performance? I knew she would perform make me but the dancing was very mediocre and the whole thing was lip synced. :(

I know this is Britney... and Britney lip synchs but I think it's high time she didn't do it so much. Especially on songs like make me. She virtually speaks the verses.

The fact she pulls a handheld mic out her ass to make it look like she's singing annoys the hell outta me. Either sing a bit of the song or don't make it look like you are at all. Hell, Work Bitch was semi live during the Billboard music awards before switching to synching for womanizer; she could have just done that type of performance again.

The performance in general was ok, if a little awkward, when G-Eazy came on though it's hard to dance with a rapper so it's understandable.

I don't really get why she 'sings' me myself and I when she has a new album full of her own material to promote.

lance6439
29-08-16, 13:51
edit:nvm

tombfan91
29-08-16, 14:57
Amazing VMAs performance by her. she gave me what I wanted. the energy, the dancing, and most importantly her stage presence. It reminded me of the oops era, body and all. I think people are having such a... I wouldn't say negative response, but more like they wanted something "Iconic" to happen and rightfully so because this is what she is known for in the VMAs. There may have not been anything that would be iconic but she was definitely more on point then the other performers. And in regards to the not singing live part. Beyoncé and even Miss Ariana Grande did some of it as well in their performance, they just made it more believable and I think Britney didn't care much enough to sell that part.

*to sum it up. is this the vma performance what people were expecting after all the hype that MTV made and knowing what a legacy she makes at the VMAs? No not really. However, this performance showed that Britney is back in tip top shape to the general public which the funny the part is the general public liked her performance. Her fans are the ones having the meltdown.

*side note. Beyoncé had a full concert their and I'm disappointed that she gave me nothing iconic which is funny because people keep labeling her the queen of the vma's when she has given nothing iconic to remember. I'm not saying her performance was bad because visually I thought it was nice, but just way too long and nothing really that screamed I'm gonna remember this.

* Rihanna was amazing though except for that High Note she did....

Bomb Fighter
29-08-16, 18:29
Why did no one tell her how to use a hand mic? It looked so awkward, wow. Also her outfit was what Miley was wearing at her Bangerz tour. Exactly the same thing.Well, bring on the album, I hope it'll be better than this performance.

Linoshi Croft
29-08-16, 20:24
The outfit was repulsive. I think the yellow didn't help... though I'm sure she probably looked better in it than Miley. The performance overall was quite good though I don't see why she brought out the hand mic if she was just going to mime...very misleading! It kinda ruined the performance for me as it brought on an expectation that was never there.

tombfan91
30-08-16, 02:37
The outfit was repulsive. I think the yellow didn't help... though I'm sure she probably looked better in it than Miley. The performance overall was quite good though I don't see why she brought out the hand mic if she was just going to mime...very misleading! It kinda ruined the performance for me as it brought on an expectation that was never there.

The Weird thing is she pointed at the mic at towards the end, so I wonder if the sound people were suppose to turn it on for her and didn't do it.

EmeraldFields
30-08-16, 03:09
I liked the performance actually. I think if she would've done prerecorded vocals for Make Me it would've made it even better tho.

What I noticed right away was that she was hitting the choreo perfectly and she didn't have any nerves at all. I still love the BBMA performance, but you could tell that she was nervous and the dancers had to guide her to her mark a couple times.

I don't think they wanted this performance to be ~iconic~, but rather a solid promo performance for the song and it accomplished that. Right now it's back to #2 on US iTunes, so we might get a top 10 hit yet!

Linoshi Croft
30-08-16, 09:47
The Weird thing is she pointed at the mic at towards the end, so I wonder if the sound people were suppose to turn it on for her and didn't do it.

I noticed this as well. Unless, she thought she was going to sing live too? Then someone changed their minds behind the scenes.

Lara_Fan1
30-08-16, 10:14
Oh my god Britney Lip-Synched. Honestly, people need to get over the fact that she does this, she's done it for years so I don't see why so many people are still so shocked.

Her performance was great, not something I'd of expected but still she was flawless. I would of loved it even more if she gave us a line from Gimme More, just as a joke from her last VMA's performance.

I'm with Jay, I don't understand why she started singing Me, Myself and I when she has a brand new album and could of taken a song from that to perform.

Anyway, she's slaying next stop, iHeart Performance.

jajay119
30-08-16, 19:47
I realised after posting that it's G-Eazy's song so that explains it; though I still think she should have sung one of her own songs.

Bomb Fighter
30-08-16, 20:36
I noticed this as well. Unless, she thought she was going to sing live too? Then someone changed their minds behind the scenes.

Please, there is no was supposed to sing live, and no one should have expected that.The way she was moving the microphone all around her face made it clear she has no idea how to use it! :D

Linoshi Croft
30-08-16, 21:00
Please, there is no was supposed to sing live, and no one should have expected that.The way she was moving the microphone all around her face made it clear she has no idea how to use it! :D

I don't think anyone, myself included expected her to sing live before watching the performance. However, pulling out a hand mic for simply no reason would create that impression.

Lara_Fan1
30-08-16, 21:22
Why would you expect her to sing live with a hand mic and not her ear mic?

jajay119
30-08-16, 21:36
If she's not going to sing why bother giving her a mic at all? Let alone 2? it's rediculous. She's the only person around who mies 100% of everything these days; she could sing a little bit of things at least. Make me isn't exactly challenging.

Bomb Fighter
30-08-16, 22:31
They gave her the hand mic probably just to get the public talking oŕto createnthe ilusion she sings live which she ruined by her moves.

She doesn't even sing Work Bitch live and that's just talking for most of the song so... :D

Linoshi Croft
30-08-16, 22:42
Why would you expect her to sing live with a hand mic and not her ear mic?

What other reason would there be to give her a hand mic when she's already got the ear mic? Plus, when Britney has made the effort to actually sing live in the past she's always normally used a hand mic. So, I don't think it's an unfair assumption to make.

They gave her the hand mic probably just to get the public talking oŕto createnthe ilusion she sings live which she ruined by her moves.

I understand it was done to create the illusion of it...but why? For someone who mimes as much as Britney, she's bloody awful at it. So, they should of known no one would buy it.

She doesn't even sing Work Bitch live and that's just talking for most of the song so... :D

On tour Britney can actually be heard singing parts of Work Bitch over the backing track. Granted it's not completely live but at this point we've got to take what we can get. :ton:

Bomb Fighter
31-08-16, 03:45
I understand it was done to create the illusion of it...but why? For someone who mimes as much as Britney, she's bloody awful at it. So, they should of known no one would buy it.
On tour Britney can actually be heard singing parts of Work Bitch over the backing track. Granted it's not completely live but at this point we've got to take what we can get. :ton:

I´ve been there and I got the impression I heard her sing live a little on some songs. Work Bitch would be ideal to do fully live. She´s fresh as it´s a first song and there aren´t any long notes. Not that it matters actually, as the Vegas show feels like one great club where you can jam to great music without caring about real singing.
Also am I the only one who dislike the choreo at the VMAs? It was too fast for such a chill song. They hould have made something with a little storyline, it was very boring.

EmeraldFields
02-09-16, 03:16
Brit performed Make Me in Vegas for the Today Show. I actually really like the Vegas performance. It would be perfect with some prerecorded vocals, but other than that, I loved it!

KqMwSm3rKbs

ALSO. Can we take a minute to appreciate how far we've come? Remember when Brit was performing like this in 2011?

yc91T4CBovs

Yeah... I remember praising this back at the time, but watch it now. It's pretty bad lol.

jajay119
02-09-16, 19:59
The two videos are just a load of arm moving and hair swishing. Sure make me does a few things better but if we're discussing how far we have come those videos are petty poor evidence for comparison cause the make me routine is pretty sub parr to most stuff on the PoM set list.

rewak
02-09-16, 20:21
Britney's choreography has always been mostly hand waving and hair swishing, the problem since Circus has been she doesn't throw herself into every move. Most people hold that ABC In The Zone special as some of her best performances and you can see in that she pushes her whole body into everything, now she just flails about and her body barely moves.

jajay119
02-09-16, 23:12
I do think some elements of her dancing have improved and she is trying more adventurous moves/putting more energy into her moves since PoM started. I think Work Bitch, Break the Ice, the new Womanizer breakdown and Breathe on ME etc show this. But Make Me's choreo, one or two moves aside, isn't far removed from the Femme Fatale era dancing.

EmeraldFields
03-09-16, 03:47
The two videos are just a load of arm moving and hair swishing. Sure make me does a few things better but if we're discussing how far we have come those videos are petty poor evidence for comparison cause the make me routine is pretty sub parr to most stuff on the PoM set list.

To me the difference is her presence. Like, it look likes she actually wants to be on stage and she's hitting her marks instead of stumbling to them. I get that the Make Me choreo isn't difficult in anyway, but I feel like it fits the song.

It's less about how difficult the choreo is and more about does Britney look like she wants to be on stage and is she enjoying herself. And from all of the performances and interviews so far this year, I've been seeing that.

Dingaling
03-09-16, 04:19
I disagree that the Make Me choreography fits the song. I envisioned it as something more intimate - slower, her and one other dancer, and more classical like a mixture of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill video dancing with a bit of period drama dancing (but better than I've described it :D).

Some of it goes but, for me, a lot of it doesn't.

EmeraldFields
03-09-16, 04:45
I actually wouldn't mind something like that! The MM choreo isn't my fave from her, but I think it's serviceable. To me the routine screams like a Britney creation lol. The armography is very Criminal video mixed with Do Somethin'.

Lenochka
03-09-16, 05:24
I just love that she seems WAY more engaged now. As much as I love Fat Female, I don't think she enjoyed the music very much.

Lyle Croft
03-09-16, 14:20
I made this! Bye Bye Liar! Since Britney's song, Liar, sounds similar to Bye Bye Bye, but pitched down.
https://vimeo.com/181281871

Linoshi Croft
03-09-16, 14:32
I made this! Bye Bye Liar! Since Britney's song, Liar, sounds similar to Bye Bye Bye, but pitched down.
https://vimeo.com/181281871

I prefer this over the album version.

Lyle Croft
03-09-16, 14:38
I prefer this over the album version.
I like the southern twang of the album version, the chants in the verses. :p

Edit: I made an alternate mix of Bye Bye Liar,
Someone wanted *NSYNC to actually sing in it. :)
https://vimeo.com/181315433

Bomb Fighter
07-09-16, 23:45
So I can finally share my opinion on Glory after I gave each of the songs a couple of listens:

1. Invitation - nice intro but who the hell put the uncleaned demo on the disc? Terrible sound quality that ruins an overally nice song.
2. Make Me - it grew on me actually, still one of Britney´s weakest singles, but a cute album track.
3. Prviate disaster - terrible. Horrible. Horrendous. Her vocals make my ears bleed. It could be a fun song if sung by someone else.
4. Man on the Moon - boring verses but I live for the chorus.
5. Just Luv Me - boring
6. Clumsy - love the beat, love her voice on this song. It´s a bop. Oops!
7. Do You Wanna Come Over - I don´t believe this is a new track. I think it´s an left over from her In The Zone/ My Prerogative days as she sounds like her old herself without being overly autotuned. Good song, gets better towards the end.
8. Slumber Party - me likey, the chorus is great.
9. Just Like Me - the beginnig reminds me od Kylie´s Abbey Road Sessions´ version of Wow. Good song.
10. Love Me Down - awesome beat, great song!
11. Hard To Forget Ya - could have been better without the overly repeated lyrics
12. What You Need - Private Disaster´s prettier sister but her vocals are still extremely painful to listen to. This certainly isn´t fun.
13. Better - no not really.
14. Change Your Ming - Ay mama, me gusta!
15. Liar - the best song on the album, hands down!
16. If I´m Dancing - the verses sound like taking from Amnesia, good song but suffers from the same problem as Hard to Forget Ya (and many other pop songs tehse days) - overly repeated lyrics.
17. Coupure Electrique - I am sorry, I know French is hard but her accent is terrible.

Overall a good album, but with few improvements could have been better. It misses a Work Bitch/Till It´s Gone kind of epic moment.

Lenochka
08-09-16, 06:03
0fBhad-_zN8

I love when her and Ellen get together. Always amazing :D

Zebra
08-09-16, 20:11
Man, I love Liar more and more with every listen. I still can't believe it's only on the Deluxe Edition. It should've been the first single off of the album FFS.

Lara_Fan1
09-09-16, 22:01
Liar is one of the best songs Spears has ever done, o hope she either performs it one day or releases it as a single.

Bomb Fighter
11-09-16, 18:46
I am with you, guys, on the Liar stanning! Both verses and chorus is amazing, so it doesn't really surprise me it's just a Deluxe track. The best stuff always stays on the Deluxe tracks.

Lenochka
13-09-16, 06:11
Mood Ring <3

EmeraldFields
14-09-16, 14:45
Mood Ring is definitely in my top 3 favorite songs on the album. It's so good.

Chocola teapot
17-09-16, 00:12
Out From Under is making me really emotional.

:'(

lance6439
20-09-16, 23:19
Is it true Max Martin made her sing in a baby voice? and it strained her vocals thus why she lip synchs now because singing in general hurts her voice?

Lara_Fan1
21-09-16, 08:36
Is it true Max Martin made her sing in a baby voice? and it strained her vocals thus why she lip synchs now because singing in general hurts her voice?

No, her record label did. Her 'baby' voice was part of her image during her BOMT, OIDIA and Britney era. Her voice was fine during her In the Zone era and Blackout. It was her mental breakdown that hurt her the most, drinking, drugs and smoking they've taken their toll on her vocal cords. So she can still sing but not like she used to.

Also, the fact she lip syncs isn't good because she's not giving her voice the excersise it needs to remain strong.

tombfan91
24-09-16, 22:40
Slumber party and Better should be the next singles. amazing tracks

gives me Justin Bieber vibes, I think the same producers for him produced those songs,
These two songs would chart nicely

jajay119
24-09-16, 23:48
No, her record label did. Her 'baby' voice was part of her image during her BOMT, OIDIA and Britney era. Her voice was fine during her In the Zone era and Blackout. It was her mental breakdown that hurt her the most, drinking, drugs and smoking they've taken their toll on her vocal cords. So she can still sing but not like she used to.

Also, the fact she lip syncs isn't good because she's not giving her voice the excersise it needs to remain strong.

I also don't think it's entirely her fault anymore. For a long time there's been rumours Britney has had her mic feed altered not by her own choice. In an interview she has said something along the lines of she tries her best but 'they' turn her mic down. I think the powers that be in Britney's life, the part that still try to blanket her, are responsible at times there as you can see in the PoM tour she is actually singing sometimes, you can occasionally hear her real voice slip through and I think she genuinely thought she was gonna be singing at the vma perfomance with G-Eazy.

Tonyrobinson
25-09-16, 13:13
So iHeartradio Festival was one of her best live performances ever! She looks and performed amazing and with that fire and energy she only has once in a while.

jajay119
25-09-16, 17:41
So iHeartradio Festival was one of her best live performances ever! She looks and performed amazing and with that fire and energy she only has once in a while.

Too much recycled stuff for my liking. Her hair was cute as hell though.

Lyle Croft
26-09-16, 11:38
I put the original mix on her iHeart, Crazy performance.
eSYuO9abm8A

Tonyrobinson
26-09-16, 23:38
It's going to be interesting to see how she performs tomorrow at the iTunes festival, I'd say she'd probably do the same set as she did for the iHeartradio Festival but usually the performances for the iTunes fesitval are 1 hour or more so I wonder if she will perform an abridged version of the Piece of Me show.

Roundhouse is a pretty small venue too so it will be interesting to see her perform to a more intimate audience, I don't think she'd going to have room to walk around too much so I think she's going to have to atleast try on the dance moves.

Lara_Fan1
27-09-16, 20:53
So I'm watching her live from Apple Music and I'll be honest, I'm disappointed. She has a new album to promote so promote it, not shown us PoM.

Also, I think they over used the smoke machine for Slave, you can hardly see her.

Tonyrobinson
27-09-16, 20:57
I'm noticing this latter half of the show has a few sound issues with her playback track when they turn her microphone up and down. :p

Lara_Fan1
27-09-16, 21:19
I'm noticing this latter half of the show has a few sound issues with her playback track when they turn her microphone up and down. :p

Tell me about it and If U Seek Amy skipped a bit for me. She seems to be so nervous, she went far too early for the flip in TomH which is why that all messed up, wasn't the dancers fault at all.

Looking at this and then rewatching her iheart performance, you've gotta wonder what's wrong. Ok, shes performing more songs so had to pace herself but I've never seen her walk across a stage so much.

I thought she was gonna 'slay' but I'm just not feeling it.

tombfan91
28-09-16, 02:10
^
I think a bit of nerves got to her and the dancer. She poised correctly and moved just slightly early, but it wasn't to where it was totally not on time. the dancer was just as slightly nervous. grabbing her back at the right time but slightly hesitant to lift her legs, so both timed wrong and different times.
I don't think that's the usual dancer that does that with her so both could have been a little nervous

Performance was awesome. Energy was amazing. I think people's expectations are too high.

scion05
28-09-16, 07:56
Personally I thought she was absolutely fantastic :tmb:

Her lip sync was terrible though, literally her mouth was SO out of time with the words. She needs to re-record fake live vocals like she did for the Femme Fatale tour, that sounded live but was actually identical night after night.

jajay119
30-09-16, 15:15
Tell me about it and If U Seek Amy skipped a bit for me. She seems to be so nervous, she went far too early for the flip in TomH which is why that all messed up, wasn't the dancers fault at all.

she admitted in an interview the resin she didn't do the flip is she just didn't wanna do it. it wasn't her normal flip guy and it freaked her out to see someone else there apparently.

anyway, I don't think she slays at all anymore. She's doing the same arm wavey, strut around the stage moves she's done for years . OK she tried a bit harder for a bit but most of the new choreography is femme fatal tour level which everyone seemed to think was too basic.

scion05
30-09-16, 15:30
Slayed... what an annoying cringey phrase that should be long dead by now :vlol:

Lyle Croft
03-10-16, 14:43
After the success of my Bye Bye Liar video, I finally finished the Lucky on the Moon "mashup". :D

You can listen to it here (https://vid.me/Bzsw).

youtube link removed.

TheRCroft
29-10-16, 21:38
So apparently the next single is Slumber Party featuring Tinashe. Video should be dropping soon.

laracroftswest
31-10-16, 20:10
After the success of my Bye Bye Liar video, I finally finished the Lucky on the Moon "mashup". :D

You can listen to it here (https://vid.me/Bzsw).

youtube link removed.

Omg you made that? Incredible! That went viral among the pop community.

MissJodieG
17-11-16, 00:16
I think the Tinashe remix is sick, their voices fit perfectly together. I'm just bummed that they're replacing the original version. Why not let us have both?

Can't wait for the official video on friday, I hope it's gonna be good after the mess that the Make Me video was.

Lyle Croft
17-11-16, 01:32
I think the Tinashe remix is sick, their voices fit perfectly together. I'm just bummed that they're replacing the original version. Why not let us have both?

Can't wait for the official video on friday, I hope it's gonna be good after the mess that the Make Me video was.

What a mess. Last night there were eight versions.

Original
Standard Clean
Standard Explicit
Deluxe Clean
Deluxe Explicit

New (Replaced slumber party w/ tinashe)
Standard Clean
Standard Explicit
Deluxe Clean
Deluxe Explicit

But it looks like they removed the original versions of itunes.
It's like when Crystal D took over and worked on Anniversary. :cen: And the classic fans were pissed.

MissJodieG
17-11-16, 07:32
There's a preview of the music video in Instagram. I don't know how to post it but it looks perfect!! :jmp:

laracroftswest
18-11-16, 08:18
The Slumber Party video is HERE AND IT'S SO GOOD!!!
2RRY3OVqtwc

Ligufaca
18-11-16, 10:31
What a perfect way to start the day, a new Britney video!

I love it.
She looks fabulous and visuals are great. I don't like the song, but whatever, at least the video is good! Never heard of Tinashe before, but she seems cool, and looks like they had lots of fun lmao.

Only if Make Me video was like this...

Emix
18-11-16, 12:06
One of her best ever! I am weak.

larson n natla
18-11-16, 13:42
Slumber Party video is so good!

MissJodieG
18-11-16, 15:55
That video is ****ing amazing. It's one of her best in years and there isn't any product placement at all which makes it even better after the horrible Make Me video.

Chocola teapot
18-11-16, 18:04
Slain.

That blue net skirt and bra look is so ****ing amazingsfsdfgfdv.

Sir Croft
18-11-16, 19:15
I'm crying right now.

I wasn't ready.

jajay119
18-11-16, 20:24
It's like boys meets if you seek Amy.

Linoshi Croft
18-11-16, 20:58
I like the video and I like she collaborated with a smaller artist but I find it odd Tinashe didn't add anything new to the song and just sang very very small amounts of Britney's lines. It almost feels a bit pointless...

MissJodieG
19-11-16, 08:09
I like the video and I like she collaborated with a smaller artist but I find it odd Tinashe didn't add anything new to the song and just sang very very small amounts of Britney's lines. It almost feels a bit pointless...

Who cares? They look hot together. :ton:

marla_biggs
30-11-16, 13:07
IWyUSgbTyGY

laracroftswest
24-12-16, 18:46
Just gave Glory another listen. Such a good soundscape, one of the best true pop albums this year along with Dangerous Woman imo.

lance6439
26-12-16, 01:17
Hi

what songs from Original Doll are legit/actually surfaced online?

marla_biggs
26-12-16, 10:44
Hi

what songs from Original Doll are legit/actually surfaced online?

http://i.imgur.com/BAuMZ4c.jpg

I have these ones.

coolaideonfire
26-12-16, 19:46
Many of those songs are just bonus tracks from miscellaneous releases like Greatest Hits, B In The Mix and the Chaotic EP, or unreleased songs from the In The Zone and Blackout recording sessions.

Personally, I think The Original Doll has become something of an urban legend over time and whatever is said about it might be based on rumour and speculation only.

The only time she's referred to The Original Doll is when she premiered the demo of Mona Lisa on the radio at the end of December, 2004. She'd been writing songs with her band during The Onyx Hotel Tour and hoped to have an album out in 2005. She said she liked The Original Doll as a title so it would probably be called that. JIVE released a statement shortly after saying Mona Lisa was not a single and there was no album planned.

Then in 2005 she released a new version of Mona Lisa on the bonus disc included with the DVD for her reality show Chaotic. It included Someday (I Will Understand), Over To You Now and Chaotic. She's said she wrote Someday two weeks before finding out she was pregnant with Sean so that song might be considered an Original Doll song, but I believe I've heard Over To You Now and Chaotic are left overs from the In The Zone recording sessions?

Then in 2006 she shared the clips of Rebellion and Just Yesterday/For My Sister on her website, people consider those Original Doll songs, but we also know she started recording many of the songs that were later included on Blackout such as Everybody with J.R. Rotem, and the songs she wrote and recorded with Danja and Keri Hilson (Break The Ice and Gimme More, for example) when she was pregnant with Jayden in 2006. Blackout was released a year later in October 2007.

I feel like it's probably safe to say very little was recorded for The Original Doll, and whatever was recorded was either released already on the Chaotic EP (Mona Lisa and Someday) or reconsidered for Blackout.

It's fun to speculate about this because so little is known. :jmp:

laracroftswest
27-12-16, 01:23
Yeah, I think a lot of the Original Doll recordings were more for fun/very brief considering a lot of the 2006 work was done specifically for Blackout.

Lenochka
27-12-16, 04:41
There is an article about it over on Buzzfeed (https://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album) that is pretty interesting. Apparently her label was unaware of Original Doll, that she was planning things and not really filling them in on it.

6UlWTtGhAPU

Here is the radio premiere of Mona Lisa. I can understand why her label was so angry. It's pretty unpolished lol

coolaideonfire
27-12-16, 20:25
Yeah, it seemed like she had some early plans and was writing with her band, and at the very least they recorded Mona Lisa demo together, but there wasn't anything concrete at that time so she shouldn't have announced it.

I like the lyrics on the demo, but the production is better on the final version of Mona Lisa. I know many fans prefer the demo, but like you said, it's very unpolished.

marla_biggs
27-12-16, 22:11
Tell Me What U Sippin On is cute.

laracroftswest
28-12-16, 00:08
^ Love Sippin On!

The idea of her bringing the song to the station herself against her labels wishes is so badass. I feel like she's established enough now if she did that it'd be more positively publicized. Wouldn't mind her doing that tbh, RCA is the pits.

coolaideonfire
28-12-16, 00:39
I love Sippin' On too! It's such a chilled out, summer track. It was so close to being included on "In The Zone", it was a song title included in some very early reviews and advertisements for the album, then it was remixed with a rapper and considered for Blackout only to be cut again lol.

AmericanAssassin
31-12-16, 02:20
How is Slumber Party not the biggest pop hit of 2016? This is absolute blasphemy!

coolaideonfire
31-12-16, 03:10
Outside of the music video there hasn't really been an effort to push it, has there? It's such a great song and should have been huge.

laracroftswest
31-12-16, 03:22
Unfortunately, no. There have been festival performances, but no real publicized promotion. It's also at an odd time because radio is dead right now due to the Christmas freeze. They waited too long to film the video/release the single as usual because now the song won't even have a slight chance until mid-January.

Furthermore, according to a reliable insider on PopJustice, if Slumber Party doesn't do well and team Britney wants to release another single, it will either be "Do You Wanna Come Over" or "Just Luv Me." If RCA gives the single a push it's likely it will be the latter. If not, the former will be used for Piece of Me promotional purposes.

coolaideonfire
31-12-16, 17:08
I like both of those songs so I don't mind whichever they choose.

They really needed to get Slumber Party out earlier, following that disastrous Make Me video, even if it meant they released the Tinashe feature later on as a way to push it when it drops. People knew Tinashe was featured for months, and that was the time to capitalise on it while the interest was there.

Lyle Croft
31-12-16, 20:02
I made a short Christian version of slumber party...the chorus lyrics were provided by my best friend. :)
4weI5fbef7Q

EmeraldFields
10-04-17, 17:18
RIP this thread lol.

Britney's going on a world tour y'all! Here are the dates so far.

http://i.imgur.com/6cr1NZw.jpg

JUNE 3 | TOKYO, JAPAN | YOYOGI NATIONAL STADIUM
JUNE 4 | TOKYO, JAPAN | YOYOGI NATIONAL STADIUM
JUNE 6 | OSAKA, JAPAN | OSAKA-JŌ CASTLE HALL
JUNE 15 | MANILA, PHILIPPINES | MALL OF ASIA ARENA
JUNE 27 | HONG KONG, HK | ASIA WORLD EXPO
JULY 3 | TEL AVIV, ISRAEL | HAYARKON PARK

More dates in Australia, Thailand, Brazil, UK, and France have been rumored so keep a look out non-US fans~

dcw123
10-04-17, 17:30
Love Britney haha..
Prefer her cheesier older stuff though from her first few albums. (Overprotected, Stronger, Hit me baby etc)
Not so sure about her newest songs.

She had some good hits midway through too - when she got back into the spotlight (Gimme more, Toxic etc)

Took me ages to realise the hidden message in If You Seek Amy haha ;)

laracroftswest
13-04-17, 05:33
Sad to see this thread (as well as other singer threads) fall after being so big back in 2009-2011.

Shocked that she's ending Vegas! I wonder what she wants to do next.

Admles
13-04-17, 07:14
"Live".

Right.

Circus tour was 90% mimed.

laracroftswest
13-04-17, 19:10
She is in fact there, live in the flesh...so....

scion05
14-04-17, 19:50
"Live".

Right.

Circus tour was 90% mimed.

90? She sang NONE of it.

Femme Fatale she re-recorded her vocals to sound live and pitchy, but they were still totally mimed.

How 'live' she sounded during each show depended on the sound mix in the venue. The 'fake live' vocals were obviously running on a separate channel to the album vocals playing, and how loud in the mix they were varied show by show.

1QXHALFOLXc

unmyDSDtOLs
(I was at this show)

Compare these two. Both vocals are identical, but the mixing is totally different.

If you wanna talk deceiving though, Celine is the real cheat with 'live vocals'. She's been miming her popular tracks for 15 years, but singing the rest of the show live?!

EmeraldFields
16-04-17, 16:28
I mean, at this point, if you go to a Britney show expecting live vocals, then you have to have been living in a cave for the past decade. No one goes to see Britney for her live vocal ability lol.

Lara_Fan1
16-04-17, 17:09
I'm not saying she sang live every single time on the Femme Fatale tour but there were moments during songs where her 'real voice' did come through. There is a video on YouTube with all different clips of her 'singing live' from Circus Tour & Femme Fatale.

But i agree with EmeraldFeilds you don't go to a Britney show expecting her to sing live, she puts on a great show. She's a performer, a dancer and an entertainer.

scion05
16-04-17, 17:42
I can genuinely say I've never personally heard a live vocal from Femme Fatale, only performances were the fake-live comes up higher than lower in the mix.

On Circus there was You Oughta Know and I want to say Everytime in Australia, but the one line with jarring vocals that appeared in Australia seemed to sound identical nightly, so not sure what went on there.

Lara_Fan1
16-04-17, 19:53
7EAvPlipozk

Here's the video, like i said, it's only a few lines here and there but it's still her actual voice.

scion05
27-05-17, 12:21
Just had to share this, one of my all time favourite covers of all time... and it's so very emotive.

dhzcPMjkwB8

Chocola teapot
04-07-17, 22:48
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV9wTCglZy6/

The first live vocals since 2008?

QUEEN.

Deathly Karma
20-08-17, 11:44
Britney singing a song fully live and in her natural voice. :D

https://youtu.be/umd96xw_66o

MissJodieG
20-08-17, 12:00
Queen!

Deathly Karma
20-08-17, 12:39
Queen!

Ikr :jmp:

jajay119
20-08-17, 22:33
Britney singing a song fully live and in her natural voice. :D

https://youtu.be/umd96xw_66o

Jesus - that's her real voice. Her real 1998 'baby one more time' voice. Why the hell doesn't she sing like this on her albums more instead of pitching herself up and sing live more? She looked so confident doing it too! Even if she has to tone down the dancing and just walk around with a hand mic for a few songs like this!

Yeauxleaux
20-08-17, 23:01
Omg how have I not seen this thread until now...

I love Britney, and have since I was 4 when she released Baby One More Time :) Long-term fan haha, through the best and worst bits

Long live Queen Neyde
Mod edit: oversized GIF removed

Deathly Karma
20-08-17, 23:27
Omg how have I not seen this thread until now...

I love Britney, and have since I was 4 when she released Baby One More Time :) Long-term fan haha, through the best and worst bits

Long live Queen Neyde

Omg, neyde spears makes me die, also where is the original pic from, cause I can't find it? :p

Yeauxleaux
20-08-17, 23:30
Omg, neyde spears makes me die, also where is the original pic from, cause I can't find it? :pAs kinda shady as it is towards Brit, I can't help finding the Neyde meme hilarious. Just the story behind it, and the randomness with how that photo gets edited onto everything, it makes me laugh every time.

Tbh I just type in "Neyde gif" into Google Images and loads come up, that's how I found that one

Edit - Oh, you mean where is the actual video? It's a shot from her "Slumber Party" music video

coolaideonfire
21-08-17, 10:13
That meme is great, lol.

This is the photo - I can't find it in better resolution right now:

http://media.tumblr.com/09b15a177c85c96160e171f1475a94a7/tumblr_inline_mnn36wtnui1qz4rgp.jpg

I think it's from Christian Audigier's 50th birthday party in 2008.

anniversarytr11
21-08-17, 11:45
It's like Britney was reading everyone's comments about her lip-syncing so she decided to prove them wrong with a cover, but still lip-synced all her own songs :ponder:

Deathly Karma
21-08-17, 15:54
As kinda shady as it is towards Brit, I can't help finding the Neyde meme hilarious. Just the story behind it, and the randomness with how that photo gets edited onto everything, it makes me laugh every time.

Tbh I just type in "Neyde gif" into Google Images and loads come up, that's how I found that one

Edit - Oh, you mean where is the actual video? It's a shot from her "Slumber Party" music video

Oh ok, thanks and no I wasn't talking about the video :ton:

Yeauxleaux
21-08-17, 20:36
[QUOTE=Deathly Karma;7772047]Oh yeah sorry, I was half asleep last night

But yes that's the original photo that coolaidonfire posted earlier. I'm not sure where and when it was taken, I just know it became popular with her gay Brazilian fans. They called the photo "Neide" (pronounced like "Neh-je") because that's a stereotypical cleaner's name in Brazil and they thought she looked a mess... then it spread and became "Neyde". My ex-boyfriend is Brazilian and told me this haha

Kinda cruel really, but still funny tbh.

Deathly Karma
21-08-17, 20:39
Oh yeah sorry, I was half asleep last night

But yes that's the original photo that coolaidonfire posted earlier. I'm not sure where and when it was taken, I just know it became popular with her gay Brazilian fans. They called the photo "Neide" because that's a stereotypical cleaner's name in Brazil and they thought she looked a mess... then it spread and became "Neyde". My ex-boyfriend is Brazilian and told me this haha

Kinda cruel really, but still funny tbh.

It's cruel but hilarious at the same time. :vlol:

Tonyrobinson
21-08-17, 20:51
I hate to be that guy but as you all know I'm a huge Britney fan but these are only exciting because she hasn't sang live in years if I was judging her vocal performance I'd say it isn't all that good. :o

scion05
22-08-17, 17:22
To be honest with you, I'd be perfectly happy to buy a live album with that vocal performance... the first few lines are a bit flat, but overall the performance is absolutely fantastic.

She's got a gorgeous voice, I'd be thrilled if she'd do a performance of live vocals and a live band, without the dancing... kinda like 'Britney Unplugged'... few classics, few covers... marvellous.

Deathly Karma
22-08-17, 17:23
To be honest with you, I'd be perfectly happy to buy a live album with that vocal performance... the first few lines are a bit flat, but overall the performance is absolutely fantastic.

She's got a gorgeous voice, I'd be thrilled if she'd do a performance of live vocals and a live band, without the dancing... kinda like 'Britney Unplugged'... few classics, few covers... marvellous.

Yes omg, that live performance was really good. :D

scion05
22-08-17, 17:26
I mean, she's obviously no Celine, but her voice is to be honest with you really quite special.

jajay119
22-08-17, 22:27
I mean, she's obviously no Celine, but her voice is to be honest with you really quite special.

It's certainly one of the most interesting and identifiable out there. She's clearly lacking control but if she did this more often there's nothing stopping her sounding fantastic all the time.

I feel like if she made a new album and just did a stripped back performance like this for the lead single but belted it out live people would be so shocked and love it.

Yeauxleaux
23-08-17, 09:51
I agree, it's such a unique and interesting sound to her voice, and one I think would suit a few genres.

Deathly Karma
24-08-17, 09:51
I agree, it's such a unique and interesting sound to her voice, and one I think would suit a few genres.

So true and her songs released from 2004-6 prove that her voice can be suited to multiple genres. :)

jajay119
25-08-17, 18:59
So true and her songs released from 2004-6 prove that her voice can be suited to multiple genres. :)

In the zone proved that alone; that album was all over the place.

Zebra
25-08-17, 20:13
It's like Britney was reading everyone's comments about her lip-syncing so she decided to prove them wrong with a cover, but still lip-synced all her own songs :ponder:

Could be several reasons for that. This song didn't seem to have much in the way of high notes whereas a lot of her own songs do so it's possible that she's got trouble hitting those. Could also be that she just wants to/has to dance to many of her own songs and can't dance and sing at the same time (it is quite difficult to do properly). Or maybe her voice just can't handle singing a whole show. If your voice isn't trained properly and you aren't doing proper vocal exercises, then your voice is going to sound like crap by the end of like a two hour show (not sure how long her shows last but just as an example). Last but not least, some of her songs were autotuned to hell and back. In those cases it may simply be difficult for a real human voice to achieve that same sound.

Anyway, this sounded way better than I would've expected. I mean, it's not that I thought she couldn't sing at all but I didn't think her voice would have quite as much power as it had during that performance.

rainforest
03-09-17, 15:12
I feel like only the artists whose careers are over have residency shows in Las Vegas. Since they are not a thing in the rest of the world anymore, their management never consider doing world tours. Excuse my master-shade tho, I loved her until I guess like 2009 even tho she's the ultimate lip-sync queen:)

scion05
04-09-17, 07:44
Lmao bull****, Celine is still a massive world-wide touring force but instead chooses to do Vegas because it's SO financially viable.

Lara_Fan1
04-09-17, 13:19
^

I also have to agree with Scion. There is a high demand for Britney to go on tour again. When she announced her Asian tour there were hopes of a few European dates as-well.

I see Residency as more of a "rest". Like an artists is like 'Right, I've spent years travelling the world to see my fans. It's your turn to come and see me', plus they can do more effects on the stage and more props if they're not setting up and dissembling them every night. Proof of her Asian tour, they didn't bring the tree for Toxic, Wings for Everytime and Guitar for Rock N Roll.

Yeauxleaux
04-09-17, 22:13
Yeah I think it's silly to act like she's a hasbeen. She literally just had a new album last year and (as usual) it was a huge commercial success internationally, her album sales are still going incredibly strong.

She's one of those people who will be relevant her whole life even after retirement, and probably long after she passes on too (hopefully no time soon). We're not talking about some upcoming star who dropped two hot albums and then vanished from the public eye, this is Britney. There's people who are now young adults who weren't even born when she first made it big, and her career is still going, scary thought.

Lyle Croft
06-09-17, 02:47
^ Hasbeen, I kinda think she is in some ways. (then again that's just fan frustrations :p )

As for relevancy, I would say she's relevant in a sense that she's a household name.

As for commercial relevance, there really isn't much going on. She hardly promotes (I understand being a mother is her number one priority so hmmm), dance-wise (someone needs to give her new fresh choreo, but it seems like she doesn't want to, or lacks the motivation), and live-singing wise...well that happens once in a blue-moon :p

---
Insert more venting
I just hate how to pull receipts of her singing ability, when most of the time they're old receipts.

---
On another note. Am I the only one tired of the "sexy" image Brit has? I'de really like something less sexual and more...I don't know reflective.

I hate the lingerie she brings out for the PoM costumes. :mad:

Lara_Fan1
06-09-17, 09:38
There could be a number of reasons why she doesn't sing live;

1: Her label won't let her.
2: She's dancing hard for nearly 3 hours straight, it's hard to sing and dance at the same time.
3: Her voice isn't strong enough to hold for the whole show.
4: Most of her songs are over the top, autotuned and her natural voice won't sound the same.

An yeah I'm getting tired of her 'sexy' costumes as well.

Heartache
06-09-17, 11:00
There could be a number of reasons why she doesn't sing live;

1: Her label won't let her.
2: She's dancing hard for nearly 3 hours straight, it's hard to sing and dance at the same time.
3: Her voice isn't strong enough to hold for the whole show.
4: Most of her songs are over the top, autotuned and her natural voice won't sound the same.

An yeah I'm getting tired of her 'sexy' costumes as well.

she is dancing mediocre for 80 minutes :p
work bitch is the only song with heavier choreo, the rest is just walking from A to B with a few lame breakdowns :D

anniversarytr11
06-09-17, 11:35
work bitch is the only song with heavier choreo, the rest is just walking from A to B with a few lame breakdowns :D

All she really does is arm movements lol

Yeauxleaux
06-09-17, 11:46
Since she had that knee surgery I don't think she can dance like she used to, so yeah she is going to give you very much so drunk mom at a wedding.

Does make me kinda wish she'd sing live more to make up for it though, but eh, if people will pay so much to go listen to her CD being played then good for her.

Lara_Fan1
06-09-17, 15:30

It's not just Work Bitch that has heavy choreography there are quite a few songs that I would consider to have demanding dance routines.

I'm not saying that it's a good excuse for miming the whole show Everytime should be sung completely live, Lucky and Perfume should of been sung aswell when they were part of the setlist. It's not like she can't do it, after years of speculation that she couldn't sing, she shut everyone up with the cover of Something to Talk About.

Even have her mic on so she could ad lib some lines live.

KIKO
08-09-17, 01:01
Her knee does cause some trouble, it's probably why they changed the Break the ice routine. But there's more...

I noticed that in the beginning of the Vegas residency Britney was avoiding/skipping certain sexy dance moves that involved touching her body or anything that looked rather promiscuous. Introducing Breathe on me and touch of my hand was good because it showed us that she was comfortable with those 'sexy dance moves' once again however she's not going full on it, at least not like in the In the zone era.

There is a difference between executing a move on point and executing a move with a touch of sensuality.

We just need to accept that she's just trying to have fun these days :ponder:

Lyle Croft
03-12-17, 06:29
Britney did THAT on her Birthday. <3
AvG0y8bPAJg

Grimaldi
03-12-17, 08:16
It's really nice to hear her sing like that. Not perfect, but just doing her thing.

Tonyrobinson
04-12-17, 16:17
I get so excited to hear her sing live vocals then I feel a bit sad because I realise she gets paid millions to sing whether live or not.

Still stanning for her though I want a Christmas album. :p