PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick any company...

marukisu
23-11-07, 05:54
Theres alot of Core vs Crystal related statements on this thread and for the most part people say that they prefer Core over CD. If you could choose any other company that isn't Crystal Dynamics to make the Tomb Raider series, which one would it be and why would you choose them?

GodOfLight
23-11-07, 06:47
Ubisoft.

If they would make Tomb Raider look like Assasin's Creed. Make everything climbable and interactive for Lara like in Assasin'S Creed. And then keep the original Tomb Raider gameplay. This would be the most amazing thing ever i think.

RAID
23-11-07, 06:54
My first choice would be Rebellion, of course. They know what Tomb Raider and remake mean.The canceled Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition looked Tomb Raider and faithful to the series and TR1, and after reading the interviews, I was even more convinced.

However, Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed caught my attention with it's interactivity. If Tomb Raider can have the old feeling, level design and challenge, but also AC's level of interactivity with the environments, then I wouldn't mind Ubisoft taking over.

erosan
23-11-07, 06:54
agree, either Rebellion or Ubisoft

TrKing_Rulz
23-11-07, 07:31
I don;t know who I would choose, but last on my list would be EA.
They screw everything.:vlol: Accept, of course, Order Of The Phoenix.

na_th_an
23-11-07, 07:32
I'm fine with Crystal Dynamics. I like their work since they came out.

Orionvalentine
23-11-07, 07:51
I know that this thread is for 'picking' a company and all, but I think that Crystal Dynamics are doing just fine. Obviously we can all say what we THINK would be better for Tomb Raider, but really, none of us would know, or possibly ever know. All we have to reference from other companies are other games, all of which are not Tomb Raider.
CD are currently in the process of making the newest installment, so I will wait until we have that to pass even more judgement.

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-11-07, 07:51
Ubisoft.

Agreed :tmb:

MikeAC
23-11-07, 08:18
Am I the only one who doesn't want Ubisoft? Prince of Persia was even more linear than Legend was. What would be the point of climbing everything if all the rooms are still connected by a straight line?

RAID
23-11-07, 08:26
Am I the only one who doesn't want Ubisoft? Prince of Persia was even more linear than Legend was. What would be the point of climbing everything if all the rooms are still connected by a straight line?
I was like that too. but after I saw Assassin's Creed, I changed my mind. But you're right about linearity. However, Crystal Dynamics aren't doing any better in that department. I mean TRL and especially TRA were PoP rip offs. Might as well hand TR to Ubisoft. That's why Rebellion are my first choice.

GodOfLight
23-11-07, 08:27
good point. i actually am not a fan of the POP gameplay style... also far too much action for my taste. and i think tomb raider has copied to much from POP now... with having a puzzle sequence, then a long hallway, then a long action fight with 30 clones, then another long hallway.

my view about ubisoft will only full be justified when i actually play Assasin's Creed. It's one thing to see that it looks great, it's another to actually play it.

Mona Sax
23-11-07, 08:40
Rebellion, id or Remedy - would be killer, but it's highly unlikely to happen.

Ubisoft - also a great developer, they'd have to fight the urge to make TR a POP clone, though. As much as I like POP, TR needs a different approach.

AmericanAssassin
23-11-07, 10:30
Rebellion, Rebellion, or Rebellion, because they would make a proper Tomb Raider game. Also, Ubisoft would be cool, too! :)

na_th_an
23-11-07, 10:34
Tr1 was a PoP ripoff as well and nobody is complaining :roll:

AmericanAssassin
23-11-07, 10:40

Guess what... No, it was not... Have you even played the original Prince of Persia games? Sure, they have action and adventure, even a little bit of puzzle to them. However, that is what is called genre. There can be several titles to one genre.

That's like saying that the new Naughty Dog game Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a rip-off from Tomb Raider. If you've actually played it, you know that that is not the case. It's just part of its genre family. ;)

Lior_K
23-11-07, 10:52
My first choice would be Rebellion basically because many of its developers worked on TR before and know what the fans want (not to mention knowing what not to do after the problems Core had with AOD).

But if its not Rebellion then definitely Ubisoft. :wve:

ben croft
23-11-07, 10:52
Sony Computer En.

Kamnelomo
23-11-07, 10:57
Ubisoft.

Of course. Rayman Raving Rabbids was tremendously animated.

Larson_1988
23-11-07, 11:05
Kojima productions aka, Konami! :)

kryptonite23
23-11-07, 14:12
I really like Ubisoft. :tmb:
If they try to help in doing the next TRs,it will be better :D

Survival
23-11-07, 14:27
Sierra => Rebellion :)

Gianni Bartoli
23-11-07, 14:43
Ubisoft.

If they would make Tomb Raider look like Assasin's Creed. Make everything climbable and interactive for Lara like in Assasin'S Creed. And then keep the original Tomb Raider gameplay. This would be the most amazing thing ever i think.

Assassin's Creed was a disgrace.

Laras Backpack
23-11-07, 14:53
I have to agree with the Ubisoft or Rebellion option for other developers. I've enjoyed games by Ubisoft, and the guys and gals from Core that have joined Rebellion have provided me with endless hours of enjoyment with the older TRs.

RAID
23-11-07, 14:55
There's a difference between same genre and stealing every single idea/move, and copying the style of gameplay/level design.

It's like saying Final Fantasy and every other RPG are all alike. It's like saying, you played one, you played them all. If those statements were real, no one would actually have a favorite game...in most cases on this forum, Tomb Raider :rolleyes:

walk_man
23-11-07, 15:13
Any company that would take over TR if CD didn't, even if they are the greatest company ever, could still screw it up.

Its fine the way it is IMO, I think its quite exciting really. We're watching TR grow by every game. Soon, TR will be where we want & better.

Sara Croft
23-11-07, 16:12
I'm happy with CD.

SamReeves
23-11-07, 16:16
If not CD, probably EA. They have the bucks to really do a large game.

gtkilla
23-11-07, 16:18
I know that this thread is for 'picking' a company and all, but I think that Crystal Dynamics are doing just fine. Obviously we can all say what we THINK would be better for Tomb Raider, but really, none of us would know, or possibly ever know. All we have to reference from other companies are other games, all of which are not Tomb Raider.
CD are currently in the process of making the newest installment, so I will wait until we have that to pass even more judgement.

Same. But, if I had to choose another company, it'd be Ubisoft. Simply because the Scimitar engine is amazing and I want TR to be using that engine. :cln:

silver_wolf
23-11-07, 16:57
Assassin's Creed was a disgrace.
:yik::eek::mad: We are thinking about the same Assassin's Creed, right?
Anyway, if not CD and if not some sort of Core reunion, then definitely Ubisoft.

MiCkiZ88
23-11-07, 16:58
If not CD, probably EA. They have the bucks to really do a large game.And spit one out every half year or less with dozens of expansion packs. Nay thank ye. I'd rather have a company like Square (the old one.. not square eenix) who can create impressive locations, impressive storylines. Interactivity is ****ty though. Hmm. I guess I'd go for Rebellion.

toby_13
23-11-07, 17:23
Defenitly Ubisoft! they can really make something good!:tmb:

Alex Fly
23-11-07, 17:29
Ubisoft ! :wve:

dizzydoil
23-11-07, 17:39
Ubisoft ! :wve:
Agreed. ;)

BlackMerc
23-11-07, 18:08
Ubisoft definitely) What i like about them is that they give a thought to small but overall not really important details which make gameplay even more immersing. And the level of interactivity is surely the strongest point.
Just imagine Lara in the environment where she can interact,basically, with everything in her sight. But to make her animations more real-life, even clumsy sometimes like she stumbles when sprinting or grabbing the ledge after a bad jump more often (that's what i really liked about CD is that they put it in Legend more often than in Anniversary but with that ugly button hint and reduced it in Anniversary while removing hints - Gosh, it's beyond my comprehension). Plus Ubisoft would ensure that there wouldn't be such serious bugs like Lara getting into the water doesn't become wet in one outfit but does that perfectly well in the other.
But on the other hand CD aren't that stupid i guess, surely they understand what their competitors offer. I do hope they will please us with truly unique tomb raider experience. Hopefully:confused:

silver_wolf
23-11-07, 18:13
In relation to what you said about competitors, hopefully due to the great games released this year (Assassin's Creed, Uncharted,etc) CD will work extra hard on TR8.

BlackMerc
23-11-07, 18:18
In relation to what you said about competitors, hopefully due to the great games released this year (Assassin's Creed, Uncharted,etc) CD will work extra hard on TR8.

Yep, agreed. I bought Assassin's Creed yesterday and it is something i can't even describe properly))) Pity, i won't be able to play Uncharted 'coz i have 360. I think it's quite good, at least it looks like...

Gianni Bartoli
23-11-07, 20:06
:yik::eek::mad: We are thinking about the same Assassin's Creed, right?

I was thinking of the Assassin's Creed where you wander around some godforsaken city, tediously evesdropping of conversations, calmbering up people's windowsills with the gay abandon of someone who's currently suffering from explosive diarrhoea and needs to climb through someone's bathroom window QUICK 'cause there ain't no public toilets in your chosen time-related era and in less than 13.4 seconds your trousers are going to be soaking wet with more **** than this game... :hea::cen:

*ahem*

What Assassin's Creed were you thinking of?:)

TombRaider#1fan
23-11-07, 20:11
I'd pick Ubisoft. They just seem like a good company and have the games to prove it :)

Reggie
23-11-07, 20:40
Realistically: Ubisoft
A slight possibility: Rebellion
In my dreams: Konami

Yoshi_Master
23-11-07, 21:22
Team Silent! They would freak TR up (In the Good Way :D)

mattlsu
23-11-07, 21:29
Ubisoft or Rebellion.

Why? Have you seen what Ubisoft has created? Rebellion, it would be nice to have a small slice of Core back on board.

Angelus
23-11-07, 21:33
I don't really care what company has TR, as long as they can can create a solid TR game.

Gianni Bartoli
24-11-07, 12:05
I don't really care what company has TR, as long as they can can create a solid TR game.

Angelus, what's with your avatar?

Angelus
24-11-07, 12:30
Angelus, what's with your avatar?

Clicky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_%28TV_series%29)

Gianni Bartoli
24-11-07, 15:13
Clicky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_%28TV_series%29)

K.:D Cheers.

tranniversary119
24-11-07, 15:21
If anything Ubisoft! As long as CD was still involved.

nick-xx
24-11-07, 17:50
Valve

paulwork
26-11-07, 19:29
Lucasarts or Ubisoft

da tomb raider!
26-11-07, 21:14
Rebellion. End of.

aussie500
26-11-07, 22:05
Realistically: Ubisoft
A slight possibility: Rebellion
In my dreams: Konami

OK you got me there, if in my dreams l could have any developer l wanted for Tomb Raider it would have to be Konami. They have innovation, seemingly bottomless pockets, take their time making games and make them well.

_Lam
26-11-07, 22:11
No ! Not Rebellion, their game look crap. I definatly want Lara to stay with Crystal. I'm sure they got spectacular surprise for us. ;)

aussie500
26-11-07, 22:22
No ! Not Rebellion, their game look crap. I definatly want Lara to stay with Crystal. I'm sure they got spectacular surprise for us. ;)

Crystal Dynamics is going to have the franchise for some time, despite what some fans want. But the question was if you could choose someone else to develop the franchise who would it be and why would you choose that company.

SSJ6Wolf
27-11-07, 02:41
I would like to see Ubisoft's perspective on Tomb Raiding. I'm always playing Rayman 2 (or Rayman DS) over and over again, it's a great game with beautiful environments that you have to explore all the corners of if you want to find all the 999 scattered lums, which is actually fun to do even if there's no reward for that. And that's without going overboard with fancy swinging poles, grapple points, and obvious, conveniently placed ledges (though I don't mind all these, but I hate them being abused...the game should be titled Lara Croft: Ledge Acrobat).

Tyrannosaurus
27-11-07, 06:25
I wonder what Chris Avellone and the rest of the crew who wrote KOTR would do with a TR game. I don't think it's their style of game to work with, but I'm just thinking about the writing . . .

Shark_Blade
28-11-07, 08:37
Ubisoft seems to be the best option at the moment. That, or Naughty Dog. :D

/Wraith\
28-11-07, 09:44
Ubisoft or... Capcom:tea:

disneyprincess20
28-11-07, 10:13
The studio who made Primal (Sony Cambridge I think, but I'm not sure...) I think they would make an excellent Tomb Raider...

lafree
28-11-07, 10:29
If I HAVE to choose then it will probably be Ubisoft as well. I like all of their games!
But I will most likely be satisfied with almost every developer!
All I want is Tomb Raider to be fresh, new and inspiring. I don't want Cores gameplay again neither I want Crystals gameplay again they should be creative and make TR something really special and new again! If there is any company who can do that, I'm totally on their side!:)

jeffrey van oort
28-11-07, 19:15
Ok don't discard this idea yet, but I think Capcom should do it.
Capcom is capable to make the most gruesome displays ever.
However, if we want a continuation of the AOD story, I think Capcom is suit for the job to make Lara fit in the grime and make up world of evil :D
I also think they could make a lot of mythical and beautiful elements in the game..
So.. well Capcom..

Rivendell
28-11-07, 19:20
Rebellion. End of.

:D

duck_and_roll788
28-11-07, 19:34
Neversoft!

The company that made Tony Hawks ProSkater and guitar hero!

:vlol:

i can see it now...lara croft raiding tombs on a skateboard...killing enemies with the power of rock, not bullets...:vlol::vlol::vlol: