21-05-09, 07:16
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Noodleboy
21-05-09, 13:06
Ninteen eighty-four by George Orwell
Now reading Animal farm by the same writer

TRULuverzz
21-05-09, 18:22
last book i read was the bible and it's been 5 years since i even touched a book (im not dyslexic though)

Encore
21-05-09, 18:39
Angels & Demons. :tmb:

Now I'm reading (and almost finishing) Interview with a Vampire.

@Punaxe:

Evolutionair Denken ("evolutionary thinking", about the influence of Darwin's theory on many other aspects of life such as language, culture, social siences et cetera.)

I hope they don't leave out the huge influence it had on Hitler as well :whi:

Nerd For Life
21-05-09, 18:41
Funny, I'm doing an assessment on Darwin's Natural Selection. Lol.

I'm currently reading Mrs. Dalloway.

Biddy
21-05-09, 19:46
Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding.

I'll have to confess, this book is one of the funniest I've ever read. Really fun to read about singletonism and smug marrieds and ****wittage. Brill stuff. ;)

Nerd For Life
21-05-09, 19:49
Bridget Jones' Diary is brilliant! It's one of my favourite books. :)

Punaxe
21-05-09, 20:55
Angels & Demons. :tmb:

Now I'm reading (and almost finishing) Interview with a Vampire.

@Punaxe:

I hope they don't leave out the huge influence it had on Hitler as well :whi:

You sound offensive :p And yeah, judging from the index, there's quite a bit about the concept of eugenics.

Helheim's God
21-05-09, 20:56
Eclipse by Stephenie Mayer. Yes, it's from the Twilight saga and yes I have only just finished reading Twilight and New Moon lol.

Obscure
21-05-09, 20:57
I'm reading Great Expectations but I'm drifting from it due to my exams! Hope I can get back into as it was a nice book.

Encore
21-05-09, 20:59
You sound offensive :p And yeah, judging from the index, there's quite a bit about the concept of eugenics.

I didn't mean to be offensive towards you, but maybe towards the Darwin obsessed "scientists" of today... who take everything he said as the word of God (a particularly interesting parallel here :p), and that book sounded like another one of those works. But yeah, can't judge it by the title I guess.

Tjw croft
21-05-09, 21:01
Well, I'm in the process of reading "The Romulan Way" by Diane Duane.

touchthesky
21-05-09, 21:03
Dolores Claibourne still.

It has a character from Geralds Game in it!

CerebralAssassin
21-05-09, 21:06
Dolores Claibourne still.

It has a character from Geralds Game in it!

which one?the space cowboy?:cln:

touchthesky
21-05-09, 21:06
which one?the space cowboy?:cln:

The little girl. Her name escapes me..The main character.

Punaxe
21-05-09, 21:08
I didn't mean to be offensive towards you, but maybe towards the Darwin obsessed "scientists" of today... who take everything he said as the word of God (a particularly interesting parallel here :p), and that book sounded like another one of those works. But yeah, can't judge it by the title I guess.

Darwin-obsessed again sounds fairly offensive... Darwin, and all future scientists working on evolution, answered one of the great questions of mankind. Who's complaining about "Einstein-obsessed" scientists? What's the difference?

CerebralAssassin
21-05-09, 21:09
The little girl. Her name escapes me..The main character.

well the main character was Jessie Burlingame...but she was a woman!!:p

sheepydee
21-05-09, 21:10
the last book i read was

Resident Evil : Umbrella Conspiracy
(or something)

it was a little short but a good read :tmb:

touchthesky
21-05-09, 21:13
well the main character was Jessie Burlingame...but she was a woman!!:p

SHe was little though, remember..at the eclipse lol.

Spoilers ahead:

This novel is most closely connected to Gerald's Game, in which it is revealed that main character Jessie Burlingame was sexually abused by her father during a solar eclipse. The same solar eclipse is detailed in Dolores Claiborne, and during the eclipse Dolores has a psychic vision where she sees Jessie being abused. Many years later, Dolores again imagines that Jessie is in danger; assumedly she is seeing the events detailed in Gerald's Game, with Jessie handcuffed to a bed. The two novels were initially conceived to be part of a single volume, titled In the Path of the Eclipse. Later editions of the novel have a foreword that explains the connection between the two.

Angel666
22-05-09, 21:12
I honestly don't remember. I think it was Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis for my english class. I have so many that I'm trying to read now, there's a giant stack of books on my nightstand that is likely to kill me in my sleep should it fall over.

oreo
22-05-09, 22:43
Twilight :)

Encore
22-05-09, 23:06
Darwin-obsessed again sounds fairly offensive... Darwin, and all future scientists working on evolution, answered one of the great questions of mankind. Who's complaining about "Einstein-obsessed" scientists? What's the difference?

You still didn't get my point, I was specifically talking about evolution vs. creation debates, of which I am so fed up, because of the fundamentalism. I'm a supporter of the theory of evolution myself you know, for lack of evidence to suggest otherwise, I just don't like how some over zealous scientists treat it - like it's their religion. And the extention of Darwin's observations to every single area of natural sciences is a bit too much for me.
I don't think Einstein's ideas are involved in such polemic debates right now.

If I still sound offensive to you, oh well, then I probably am so screw this. :tea:

Eddie Haskell
22-05-09, 23:07
The Complete Guide to High End Audio by Robert Harley.

Angel666
25-05-09, 03:51
Just finished Rant by Chuck Palahniuk for the umpteenth time (it never gets old :D) and am now working my way through Haunted by the same author. I don't even know how to describe it. Slightly nauseating yet impossible to quit reading. I guess its like a real bad accident. I don't feel comfortable recomending it but if any brave people decide to take it on, than I hope you have a stronger stomach than I do. :eek:

Natey168
25-05-09, 04:40
Just finished Rant by Chuck Palahniuk for the umpteenth time (it never gets old :D) and am now working my way through Haunted by the same author. I don't even know how to describe it. Slightly nauseating yet impossible to quit reading. I guess its like a real bad accident. I don't feel comfortable recomending it but if any brave people decide to take it on, than I hope you have a stronger stomach than I do. :eek:
I love Chuck Palahniuk, althought I've only read Choke and most of Fight Club (didn't get to finish it because my copy was stolen..grrr). I was going to get Haunted last time I was at the book store, but I still have Diary to finish, so I figured I'd wait.

The last book I actually finished was The Order of Odd-Fish by James Kennedy. It was a little kid-ish, but fun nonetheless.

Right now I'm reading Looking For Alaska by John Green and I quite like it.

Angel666
29-05-09, 19:46
Oh, man I want to read diary so bad. It is my goal to own and read all of his books. I really want to read his nonfiction Stranger than fiction and his new one. Fight Club, although, one of my favorite movies is not my favorite of his novels. Pygmy just came out as well and I'm waiting for it to come out on paper back. My friend has Choke as well so I'm gonna read that when she's done.

Nerd For Life
29-05-09, 19:47
I'm currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray.

AmericanAssassin
29-05-09, 19:54
I'm currently reading Exit Here and I love it. :tmb:

http://i39.************/2r5gci8.jpg

accordingtojoe
29-05-09, 20:06
it wasn't really a book, it was more of a playscript. I had to read Tom Stoppards 'Arcadia' for my college exam.

The1andOnlyTR
29-05-09, 20:08
I've just finished this:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z301/kathleenkaypeterson/mysisterskeeper.jpg

It's an absolutley AMAZING book. I highly reccomend it!
Now I'm reading this:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/IllestWillis/lovely-bones.jpg

jackles
29-05-09, 20:11
Charlotte Bronte: Jane Eyre.

For the third time...and this time I cried.

Paddy
30-05-09, 12:41
Will start reading Sins of the Brother about a famous serial killer Ivan Milat, want to get an insight into his family, what led to his killings.

x...justme...x
30-05-09, 15:37
Rebecca. Because that's my name, i decided to give it a go :tmb:
And it is rather good, actually.

Natey168
30-05-09, 15:39
Looking for Alaska by John Green. Great book. :D

Now I'm going to start reading Diary by Chuck Palahniuk.

silver_wolf
30-05-09, 16:02
The Tommyknockers by Stephen King. Almost done, and it's been great so far :D

violentblossom
30-05-09, 16:03
Lullaby- Chuck Palahniuk.

Natey168
30-05-09, 16:05
Lullaby- Chuck Palahniuk.
How is it? I thought about getting it, but I got Looking for Alaska instead, since I still have Diary to read.

Encore
30-05-09, 17:52
Last book I read was Interview with a Vampire. It's really good. I'm considering reading the other books by the same author. I'm not really a fan of vampire stories but she writes them in a beautiful way!

Now I'm reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, but it sucks so bad I wonder if I'll manage to finish it. :pi:

Nerd For Life
30-05-09, 17:57
I liked Interview With a Vampire. I don't remember who has it though, my book suddenly disappeared from the bookshelf. :(

violentblossom
30-05-09, 17:57
How is it? I thought about getting it, but I got Looking for Alaska instead, since I still have Diary to read.

While i love his writing style and thought that the premise was amazing and different, the story and the way that it played out didn't do it for me.

I found all of the characters to be really annoying.

Mokono
31-05-09, 04:03
I've recently got dizzy with the Tractatus logico-philosophicus by L. W.

rowanlim
31-05-09, 05:41
Last book I read was Interview with a Vampire. It's really good. I'm considering reading the other books by the same author. I'm not really a fan of vampire stories but she writes them in a beautiful way!

Now I'm reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, but it sucks so bad I wonder if I'll manage to finish it. :pi:

You have to finish reading the rest of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, I've read them all & it just gets better, The Queen of the Damned (book 4 in the saga, Interview with the Vampire is the 1st one) is the BEST. Luscious :tmb:

She also wrote the Mayfair Witches Saga, & after that there were books where characters from both sagas appear. I'm reading Out of Egypt. Her books are now taking on a Christian flavor, I heard she won't be writing books about supernatural creatures anymore :(

Digital Fortress was boring. You can finish it but then you'll be skeptical the next time you see another Dan Brown book :D

Admles
31-05-09, 05:46
You have to finish reading the rest of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, I've read them all & it just gets better, The Queen of the Damned (book 4 in the saga, Interview with the Vampire is the 1st one) is the BEST. Luscious :tmb:

She also wrote the Mayfair Witches Saga, & after that there were books where characters from both sagas appear. I'm reading Out of Egypt. Her books are now taking on a Christian flavor, I heard she won't be writing books about supernatural creatures anymore :(

Digital Fortress was boring. You can finish it but then you'll be skeptical the next time you see another Dan Brown book :D
Queen of the Damned?

I had to FORCE myself to finish that, and refuse to read another Vampire Chronicle afterwards!

rowanlim
31-05-09, 05:48
Queen of the Damned?

I had to FORCE myself to finish that, and refuse to read another Vampire Chronicle afterwards!

:eek: What? No...That's wrong! I loved that book! It was awesome!

Admles
31-05-09, 05:52
:eek: What? No...That's wrong! I loved that book! It was awesome!
I honestly hated it.

The Vampire Lestat wasn't much better either!

EmeraldFields
31-05-09, 05:56
The only book out of the four that I liked was Interview with a Vampire.:p

rowanlim
31-05-09, 05:58
I honestly hated it.

The Vampire Lestat wasn't much better either!

:smk:

Her other novels were pretty good, like The Tale of the Body Thief & Ramses, these were really interesting :D

Admles
31-05-09, 05:59
:smk:

Her other novels were pretty good, like The Tale of the Body Thief & Ramses, these were really interesting :D
After QotD, I couldn't force myself to read another one.

Thanks for the spanking, I liked it ;)

rowanlim
31-05-09, 06:11
Try reading the Mayfair Witches, the 1st book was compelling :tmb:

Mist
31-05-09, 06:15
Last book I read was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Working on the Half Blood Prince right now.

scoopy_loopy
31-05-09, 06:24
Try reading the Mayfair Witches, the 1st book was compelling :tmb:

I quite liked this one too, although the style its written in can get really tiring.

rowanlim
31-05-09, 06:29
^Taltos was awesome. I admit her writing can be confusing at times but when you get it, she paints a beautiful story :D

Mad Tony
31-05-09, 09:19
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n8/n41375.jpg

Very good book, perhaps one of the best I've ever read. :tmb: The plot came together nicely and it was so gripping I often found myself reading 100+ pages in one sitting.

Andromeda66
02-06-09, 11:18
Currently reading two books. One is Buddha mind, Buddha body by Thich Nhat Hanh. I like it.

And 'So long and thanks for all the fish' by Douglas Adams again.

Of course I'm always reading Lord Of The Rings at the side at any given time.

touchthesky
02-06-09, 14:53
I am reading a book called "Do Pets Have Souls, Too?"

It's interesting. But very sad.

Currently going through a chapter of stories written in by folk who've pets have died and "come back" in some way or other.

Yet to decide if I believe it or not.

CerebralAssassin
16-06-09, 13:09
currently reading:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/719-1.jpg

now business is starting to pick up in Roland's quest for the Dark Tower!!:p

Nenya awakens
16-06-09, 13:10
Taltos - Anne Rice!

Croft, Lara
16-06-09, 13:12
"The God of Small Things" by Arudhati Roy- TERRIBLE!!!

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon- EPIC!

BlackRainbow
16-06-09, 13:20
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. :D I've already read it 4-5 times. :pi:

lara is mine
16-06-09, 13:29
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. i wanted to finish it but it was so boring -_-

stereopathic
16-06-09, 13:41
i recently finished Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith. i can't recommend this book strongly enough. at first glance may seem like, "oh another serial killer book." but the characters are rich & deep, the romantic arc is singularly unique and the backdrop of Stallinist Russia provides a hauntingly tense atmosphere. it's a GREAT book, a quick read, wonderful suspense-driven action, and utterly human throughout.

highly recommended.

rowanlim
16-06-09, 13:53
I'm reading Tribute by Nora Roberts. I feel she's finally going back to what made her books good to read :) :tmb:

NemesisX13X
16-06-09, 16:26
http://i41.************/nxw788.jpg

3rd book in the series of the house of night :D

I HIGHLY recommend it, for vampyre fans! :jmp:

Angel666
16-06-09, 18:56
Just finished Russell Brand's autobiography: My Booky Wook. Was very interesting and amusing. I'm now juggling The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall (one of my absolute favorites everyone should read it immediately), Diary, and Lullaby both by Chuck Palahniuk.

touchthesky
16-06-09, 19:21
http://images.theage.com.au/ftage/ffximage/2009/02/26/valkyrie_narrowweb__300x473,0.jpg
Finished on the bus earlier..so good.

Then I bought a new book and am currently reading it;
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41C9HBY00BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

LaraLuvrrr
16-06-09, 19:36
"How to pretend you know what the purpose of life is"

by Deepak Chopra

Biddy
16-06-09, 20:00
In the process of finishing A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

One amazing yet startling book. A wonderful read.

:)

EmeraldFields
16-06-09, 21:34
http://dangerousbooks.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/brave.jpg

erosan
16-06-09, 21:38
currently reading 'My sister's keeper' . The movie is coming out this month too.

george_croft
16-06-09, 21:42
Currently reading a Swedish book that's called 'The Jesus that never was'. It's filled with great historical facts and theories, loving it so far.

Rai
16-06-09, 21:50
Currently reading 'Sepulchre' by Kate Mosse.

Love2Raid
16-06-09, 21:56
Oh I love this thread! :D

I love books, too bad I don't have a lot of time for it lately. So many books left in my bookcase unread. :)

I recently finished "A thousand splendid suns", by Khaled Hosseini. It's a beautiful book. Sometimes maybe just a bit cliché, but I just love his metaphores. I don't have an example right now :o, but things tend to come back in his books, usually in metaphores, really great. :tmb:
I can recommed his books to anyone here. :D ;)

Hmm, I think I will start reading "The stand", by Stephen King now. I have heard it's really good. :jmp:

stereopathic
16-06-09, 22:07
i LOVE Hosseini's books, Love2Raid. i know what you mean about the metaphors. i feel like he can dig into my chest and pull out the emotion he wants me to feel. just a brilliant writer. i've also learned a lot about Afghanistan from him. i really knew nothing about it before Kite Runner.

Rai
16-06-09, 22:09
"A thousand splendid suns" I have this book too, Love2Raid. Very enjoyable, thought provoking and emotional.

Love2Raid
16-06-09, 22:18
I know guys, he actually made me cry a few times...:)

pizzabob18
17-06-09, 02:05
angels and demons - dan brown.

rowanlim
17-06-09, 02:23
^That reminded me, I need to rent that book to refresh my memory :D

I'm reading Salvation in Death by JD Robb. A priest gets murdered...turns out he wasn't a priest :eek: Good stuff :tmb:

silver_wolf
17-06-09, 02:48
Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I don't know why people hate him so much, he's a brilliant author.
Right now I'm reading The Judas Strain by James Rollins.

Heckler
17-06-09, 03:47
I don't know why people hate him so much, he's a brilliant author.

I guess cause noone fully understands his work....to me his work is more than a thrill...i find lots of intrigue in his writing....
Pet Sematary is one of my favourites

JoeyEdinburgh
17-06-09, 07:46
I'd strongly suggest Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series and she has also released 2 books as part of a young adult trilogy set in the same world but it's 'the darkest powers' trilogy and does not involve characters from the otherworld series.

I didnt think these books would be 'my thing' but after hearing Angelina Jolie might be playing the role of Elena from the first book 'Bitten' I decided to read it and now own the series to date.

Now after reading the book Im not sure Angelina would have been the right choice (film isnt happening atm anyway) but if you want to check out more the official site is www.kelleyarmstrong.com

Hope someone takes as much enjoyment in the series as I have!

TRenTIs
17-06-09, 08:04
I recently had to read

http://www.royalblind.org/shop/images/T/im_not_scared.jpg

For school.

I didn't really "get" it, so I didnt really like it.

I certainly don't recommend it.

ace_85
17-06-09, 08:10
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

This book has taken some direct hits over the last few years regarding the 'authenticity' of the memoirs. For me, it hardly matters. Fictional or otherwise, the story is sensational

rowanlim
17-06-09, 08:10
Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I don't know why people hate him so much, he's a brilliant author.
Right now I'm reading The Judas Strain by James Rollins.

I haven't read books by Stephen King, I know he's brilliant but I don't know why I haven't brought myself to read it. Probably because I know I won't be able to stop & I don't have the time :)

Kiss-Bite
17-06-09, 08:17
The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice. I just love reading her Vampire Chronicles.:)

CerebralAssassin
26-06-09, 01:53
currently reading:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/641-1.jpg

:)

Minty Mouth
26-06-09, 05:41
Well the last book I read in full was to Kill a Mockingbird, for School.

But Ive started reading Stephen King's The Stand for funsies.

Catracoth
26-06-09, 06:24
I'm currently reading The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgwick for my summer reading. You'd think that if one were entering their Junior year of high school, you'd give one something more challenging to read like Edgar Allen Poe or Ernest Hemingway. I'd much rather read their brilliance, but I suppose that'll have to make for some independent reading.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n24/n120431.jpg

It's about an English teen girl who wishes to become a nurse. The setting is post-WWI and her brother is to fight in the war. She gets the opportunity to work in a hospital, and she gets premonitions (she's been getting them since she was a kid) of people that are going to die in the war and her brother is one of them. Disguising herself, she crosses the battle, risking her life trying to find him and somehow prevent his death.

It's interesting to say the least. I've only started and it's very nicely written so far, so I'm looking forward to reading more.

remote91
26-06-09, 06:27
Finished college so the books that are fresh off of my re-read list are:

Hamlet
Death Of A Salesman
The Pardoners Prologue and Tale

I never want to be so much as within a mile of any of these books again.

TRLegendLuver
26-06-09, 06:47
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestselling-comics-2006/905-1.jpg
I'm a comic book junkie I know.

SGRaider
26-06-09, 08:29
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown
Witches Abroad - Terry Pratchett (maybe for the 3rd time)

Catracoth
26-06-09, 15:24
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown

Brilliance. Sheer brilliance.

Drone
26-06-09, 15:28
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestselling-comics-2006/905-1.jpg

damn I remember it :D

SGRaider
26-06-09, 15:29
Absolutely. I loved it. Now I am reading Da Vinci Code, only on chpt 6,but I already think it's amazing.

Mr.LadyCroft
26-06-09, 16:39
Breaking Dawn, finally finished a few weeks ago.

Nemo_91
30-06-09, 22:13
Currently reading Sinuhe, the Egyptian by Mika Waltari.

Gregori
30-06-09, 22:15
Lord of the Rings.....

I love it :D

Punaxe
08-07-09, 22:37
https://www.webshopboekhandel.nl/Webshop/ProductImages/9789057121807.jpg

Evolutionairy thinking, about how Darwin's theory has influenced many other sciences today. Unfortunately, after having read The Selfish Gene, this book didn't offer much news, a few fun facts aside (for example, I hadn't heard of the aquatic ape theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquatic_ape_hypothesis) yet).

http://www.marjoleinknuit.nl/user_files/afbeeldingen/22-5-2009-12-7-taalboek.jpg

Finished this in a few hours. It's about today's use of the Dutch language. Unfortunately it wasn't structured at all, just someone giving her opinion on isolated aspects of language. I had expected more analysis and an answer to "why" and "how", but instead it was just someone's ramblings gathered in the shape of a book.

Next up:

http://a7.vox.com/6a00d414251dec6a4700d41428dcc76a47-500pi

I've had this book on my shelf for a long time but never started it. I'm a big fan of DOOM, still playing it to this day, so obviously this is mandatory for me.... :p

Anne Boleyn
08-07-09, 22:44
Currently reading Sinuhe, the Egyptian by Mika Waltari.

Is that the book that the old 'The Egyptian' film is based on? I seem to recall the main character was called 'Sinuhe', a doctor who falls in love with a Princess and ends up working in an embalming room? Good film, from what I remember.

Punaxe
08-07-09, 23:01
You still didn't get my point, I was specifically talking about evolution vs. creation debates, of which I am so fed up, because of the fundamentalism. I'm a supporter of the theory of evolution myself you know, for lack of evidence to suggest otherwise, I just don't like how some over zealous scientists treat it - like it's their religion. And the extention of Darwin's observations to every single area of natural sciences is a bit too much for me.
I don't think Einstein's ideas are involved in such polemic debates right now.

If I still sound offensive to you, oh well, then I probably am so screw this. :tea:

Whoops, seems like I missed this reply. A bit late but here I am :D

I think everyone will contest your notion of evolution bein a "religion", but I agree that it can definitely be a huge part of someone's world view and that it is sometimes communicated quite aggressively. This discussion on whether or not this is wrong warrants an entire thread though, which we've had many times before so let's not get into it :p

The book specifically was about that extention of Darwin's observations to other sciences. What do you mean by it being a bit too much? If it's relevant, which it often is, why should it not be studied? It's not like people are trying to cram the idea of evolution into their field at all cost, it's just that they discovered that many things may have an evolutionary explanation.

igonge
08-07-09, 23:08
Misery - Stephen King

Nerd For Life
08-07-09, 23:15
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding.

Lara Fan 4Life
08-07-09, 23:18
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. :D

CerebralAssassin
09-07-09, 15:26
just finished the third installment of King's revolutionary series The Dark Tower.it ended with a cliffhanger,no doubt about that.:D just some minor problems I had with the book:

1) how can the tick-tock man still be alive? and....

2) how did Eddie stump Blaine the mono with his joke riddles?oh well...

overall it was an awesome awesome book.

currently reading:Wizard and Glass,the fourth installment.

it's said to consist of mostly flashback memories of Roland the Gunslinger,hope I enjoy it!!:p

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/383-1.jpg

Misery - Stephen King

awesome,awesome book!!:tmb:

NemesisX13X
09-07-09, 16:43
The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice. I just love reading her Vampire Chronicles.:)

oooh i really wanna read that series! :jmp: is it good? :D

The last book i read was Untamed by P.C and Kristin Cast :D

RaidingTombs95
09-07-09, 16:52
The last book I read would probably have to be "The Ruins" By Scott Smith. I adored this book so much.

Munin Raven
09-07-09, 17:23
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway

Read this book about 8-10 times since I left school. The perfect story. Not a single filler word in sight. :)

Angel666
09-07-09, 19:44
Just finished My Booky Wook by Russel Brand and am reading The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall for the second time. :tmb:

]{eith
09-07-09, 19:47
http://i30.************/10pyofd.jpg

It was really good. It was very sad.

Changeling
09-07-09, 19:50
The Cone-Gatherers by Robin Jenkins.

Had to do it for my English project over the Summer. It was actually quite good.

miss.haggard
09-07-09, 19:51
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/trilogy6/omen.jpg

Really good, but super short, 250 pages :( Cant wait for the next one :)

ClassicCroft
09-07-09, 19:54
Harry Potter book 6 ( Harry Potter and the half blood prince ;) ) , the best book of the serie♥ =]

Nemo_91
09-07-09, 21:03
Is that the book that the old 'The Egyptian' film is based on? I seem to recall the main character was called 'Sinuhe', a doctor who falls in love with a Princess and ends up working in an embalming room? Good film, from what I remember.

Yes, it is. I haven't seen the film, but the book is really good and interesting. :) I recommend it.

jamieoliver22
09-07-09, 21:09
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress. An absolutely amazing book, really gripping until the very end.

Tombraiderx08
09-07-09, 21:14
Oh this was such a good book, finally finished with the saga.... cant wait for midnight sun!
http://i39.************/2vaxf9e.jpg

Lavinder
09-07-09, 21:14
Oh this was such a good book, finally finished with the saga.... cant wait for midnight sun!

If Meyer gets her finger out of her arse!

NemesisX13X
09-07-09, 21:34

Midnight sun wont come out! its on stephanie meyer's website, she said she wont publish it as a book, its free to read on her website, its the same as twilight, but in edward's point of view.

touchthesky
09-07-09, 21:38
Alices Adventures In Wonderland.

tonyme
09-07-09, 21:38
Stephen King goes to the movies

:tmb:

Origonal
09-07-09, 21:52
Cookie - Jacqueline Wilson

LaraRules81
09-07-09, 21:57
I'm reading one now if that counts :o

Charmed: The Light of The World ~ Scott Ciencen

adventurerLara
15-07-09, 14:06
Finished Lucas by Kevin Brooks, great read :tmb:

I can't decide what to read next though.

Kiss-Bite
15-07-09, 16:04
I'm currently reading this cute little book.:D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w145/kissbite/VAMPBOOK.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
15-07-09, 16:08
the last book i read as harry potter and the deathly hallows

im re-reading the hobbit currently :)

NemesisX13X
15-07-09, 16:12
I'm currently reading this cute little book.:D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w145/kissbite/VAMPBOOK.jpg

So, if thats a vampire book, then why's the dude on the cover look like an incubus? :confused:

Kamrusepas
19-07-09, 13:39
So, if thats a vampire book, then why's the dude on the cover look like an incubus? :confused:

Actually, it's a nightmare (I love that painting, I have a picture of it on my fridge door).

Had to dig up this thread, hope no one minds.

Today, I finally finished the Hyperion-series by Dan Simmons (had to read it because one of the most intelligent men of our country recommended it). It was quite a journey, and a wonderful one. It's an amazingly deep and complex story, I can recommend it for everyone (it's sci-fi, so that might turn some people off). And I lovelovelove the Shrike :D

Your_Envy*
19-07-09, 13:46
Twilight. Oh yes I did. And I like it! :yah:

Punaxe
19-07-09, 13:51
(...)
Next up:

http://a7.vox.com/6a00d414251dec6a4700d41428dcc76a47-500pi

I've had this book on my shelf for a long time but never started it. I'm a big fan of DOOM, still playing it to this day, so obviously this is mandatory for me.... :p

Finished it a while ago. It's a good read, even if you're no particular fan of id Software's work, but especially if you are. Can recommend it. :tmb:

Next up:

http://www.geertmak.nl/plaatjes/EeuwVanMijnVader_gr.jpg

It's about the recent history of the Netherlands (last hundred years or so), and the author describes all the changes and their impact through the eyes of his own family, reflecting a typical Dutch household.

Tihocan9
19-07-09, 14:33
1984 by George Orwell

It was a really excellent book as a whole but I think it started a bit slow but definitely was captivating as it went on.

Explorer
19-07-09, 16:20
http://i42.************/332mce0.jpg

The Cloudspotter's Guide. Its a detailed guide to the various types of clouds :D

Got this as a gift last month, but just starting to read it.

NemesisX13X
19-07-09, 18:26
Actually, it's a nightmare (I love that painting, I have a picture of it on my fridge door).

Ah, that explains it! :D

Twilight. Oh yes I did. And I like it! :yah:

I read the whole series, it was kinda cheesy on the vampire side, but, it was good :whi:

Nemo_91
25-07-09, 22:55
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris.

Romantics Inc.
25-07-09, 23:04
Watchmen

GOD It was sooo long

Mad Tony
25-07-09, 23:06
Watchmen

GOD It was sooo longHow long was it? Just wondering because you probably wouldn't think that if you knew how long the book I'm reading now is. ;) :D

Nerd For Life
25-07-09, 23:08
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

Romantics Inc.
25-07-09, 23:09
How long was it? Just wondering because you probably wouldn't think that if you knew how long the book I'm reading now is. ;) :D

Very Very long...LOL! Theres like sections between chapters that have pages with about 1000 words on each but I dont read them XD Its probably not as long as your book, but Watchmen is a graphic novel...and its very long for a graphic novel :p

Mad Tony
25-07-09, 23:15
Very Very long...LOL! Theres like sections between chapters that have pages with about 1000 words on each but I dont read them XD Its probably not as long as your book, but Watchmen is a graphic novel...and its very long for a graphic novel :pWell, I'm currently reading Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer. It's about 1200 pages long and the print is extremely small. Still a damn good book though.

Romantics Inc.
25-07-09, 23:16
Lolz how could somebody write something that long!? :cln: I'd read it...

Mad Tony
25-07-09, 23:25
Lolz how could somebody write something that long!? :cln: I'd read it...I think it took him something like 16 years to write it and compile all of the information. The thing is though, the book was published before the fall of the Berlin wall, so obviously the author didn't have access to records from the Eastern Bloc. If he had had this access the book probably wouldn't been even longer. Still, this guy was actually a foreign journalist (American) reporting in Nazi Germany, so he had first-hand experience on what life was like under the Nazi regime. He was also present at the Nurmeburg Trials. Makes for some really interesting reading.

VictorXD
25-07-09, 23:50
Kamasudra:cool:
Nah jokes. It was Santos Dumont's biography.

Romantics Inc.
25-07-09, 23:56
I think it took him something like 16 years to write it and compile all of the information. The thing is though, the book was published before the fall of the Berlin wall, so obviously the author didn't have access to records from the Eastern Bloc. If he had had this access the book probably wouldn't been even longer. Still, this guy was actually a foreign journalist (American) reporting in Nazi Germany, so he had first-hand experience on what life was like under the Nazi regime. He was also present at the Nurmeburg Trials. Makes for some really interesting reading.

Does sound interesting
:p

Anne Boleyn
26-07-09, 19:39
Elizabeth the Queen by Alison Weir.

JoeyEdinburgh
26-07-09, 21:24
I highly recommend any and all of Kelley Armstrong's books. I love the otherworld series and have also started the Darkest powers trilogy. You can check her website here www.kelley-armstrong.com for more info.

rowanlim
05-08-09, 15:51
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. I fear the 6th movie missed out on a lot of foundations for the next one.

disneyprincess20
05-08-09, 15:53
I finished a Confederacy on Dunces, and now I'm re-reading Lolita for book club. I want to re-read the last 3 Harry Potters, but I don;t know if I'll get around to it. I think she started writing the books as films from the 4th book onwards. Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favourite HP.

Paperdoll
05-08-09, 16:12
Finished The Historian (loved it) and American Psycho.

NowI am nearly halfway through Perfume by Patrick Suskind.

Drone
05-08-09, 16:21
another bunch of PC Mag and PC World issues.

Found some really nice rigs there, yup that's a geek's life :)

Lara's Nemesis
05-08-09, 17:12
Finished The Historian (loved it) and American Psycho.

NowI am nearly halfway through Perfume by Patrick Suskind.

I loved the film "Perfume Story of a Murderer". Not got round to reading the book yet, is it a good read?

American Psycho :tmb:, really good satire of the 80's. Pretty graphic stuff tho.:eek:

CrypticDream
05-08-09, 17:13
My (not so) simple life - Joanna Nadin

ozzman
05-08-09, 18:10
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong Part 1 (still have part 2)

CroftGameGirl
05-08-09, 18:33
'It's OK, I'm wearing really big knickers' and 'Knocked out by my nunga-nungas' both by Louise Rennison. I was pmsl soooo much :vlol:

Love2Raid
06-08-09, 18:57
I'm currently reading 'The stand', by Stephen King (well, a translated version :(). I have just read a few of the over a 1000 pages but I'm hooked already. This is friggin brilliant! :vlol: :yik:

I love it! :tmb:

FourBalls
06-08-09, 19:02
Just finished 'The diary of Ellen Rimbauer'. It was pretty good, quite believable as well.

Tidus
06-08-09, 19:10
Prelude to Foundation by Issac Asimov, very well written, and insightful as wel.

lararoxs
06-08-09, 19:50
Life Support by Tess Gerritsen.:tmb:

I'm just over half way through and I love it!:D It's so very well written because of her medical knowledge as a Doctor.:)

Legend 4ever
06-08-09, 19:54
Just finished The Secret Garden and Long Way Down.

Paperdoll
06-08-09, 20:19
I loved the film "Perfume Story of a Murderer". Not got round to reading the book yet, is it a good read?

Haven't watched the movie yet but the book is pretty good so far. Quite an easy read, not very big and really immerses you in the world of smells and perfumes.

American Psycho :tmb:, really good satire of the 80's. Pretty graphic stuff tho.:eek:

One of my all time fave movies, can't say the same about the book, only that once reading it, Christian Bale's performance becomes all the more brilliant :D

Nemo_91
26-08-09, 16:09
Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Ada the Mental
26-08-09, 16:12
Stephen King's Desperation

Liked it, thinking about watching the tv movie...

LaraCablara
26-08-09, 16:14
Stephen King's On Writing.

I never want to read that garbage again.

Tomb-Dude
26-08-09, 17:24
Currently reading this book;

http://i26.************/2ntz5w2.jpg

Yes they are teeth marks down the bottom, ordered from play.com and my dog decided to eat the post that day :pi: Not too impressed with the dog. Only on Chapter 11 so far it's slowly building up to something, you can feel it but it's detailed and got a good storyline :D I like it!

SGRaider
26-08-09, 17:27
La momia que me amó Great book, it was so interesting, really loved it.

Vinkula
26-08-09, 17:28
Justin Somper - Vampirats

woody543
26-08-09, 17:45
I read The Shining - Stephen King :)

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 18:17
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41j%2ByB0HReL._SS500_.jpg

Kerrigan
26-08-09, 18:50
"The Other Boleyn Girl"
I enjoyed the film and I accidentally came across it, and I like the book too, it seems colorful and it's easy to read.

Tombraiderx08
26-08-09, 18:51
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer.

Smog
26-08-09, 18:57
Recently finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Simple but very powerful. I doubt the upcoming film will be able to capture the haunting air of the novel.

Ada the Mental
26-08-09, 18:59
LOL, half the forum is reading Stephen King! :vlol:

Jacen
26-08-09, 19:05
Another book out of the long range of Discworld books :)

Thief of time - Terry Pratchett. (Nr 26 I believe...)

Your_Envy*
26-08-09, 19:05
New Moon and The Deathly Hallows.

Right now I'm reading Heaven's price by Sandra Brown. :)

touchthesky
26-08-09, 20:25
Reading Dexter In The Dark! :jmp:

IvanaKC
26-08-09, 20:32
Last book?

"The sea of trolls", I think....

Lara's Nemesis
10-09-09, 23:39
Just finished re-reading Misery by Stephen King. I like the film but the book is better and far more intense.:yik:

Lemmie
10-09-09, 23:41
Just finished 'Gulliver's Travels' by Jonathan Swift.

CerebralAssassin
10-09-09, 23:44
finished wizard and glass.needless to say it was a pain in the ass cause I got bored with Roland's flashback :hea: hope the next book is better!!:D

Just finished re-reading Misery by Stephen King. I like the film but the book is better and far more intense.:yik:

there's a movie?didn't know!!*goes to watch*

Lara's Nemesis
10-09-09, 23:49
finished wizard and glass.needless to say it was a pain in the ass cause I got bored with Roland's flashback :hea: hope the next book is better!!:D

there's a movie?didn't know!!*goes to watch*

Seriously?, I thought it was a pretty well known film. Kathy Bates won an oscar for her portrayal of Annie Wilkes and James Caan plays the author. Highly recommended.:tmb:, just not quite as good as the book.

The film also has a cameo from a real Hollywood icon, Lauren Bacall.

Rachel Croft
11-09-09, 02:15
Currently reading, "The Host"

IceColdLaraCroft
11-09-09, 02:21
The pocketsized abridged version of the Portrait of Dorian Gray...it was the smallest book i could find :vlol:

remote91
11-09-09, 02:29
Currently making my way through Dice Man..

I seem to be tired all the time so it's going to be a long read.

ECB
11-09-09, 02:44
http://www.eeriebooks.com/horror/book-club/dead-until-dark.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
11-09-09, 06:02
last book i read for leisure:

the last harry potter book :cln:

last books i read for school:

jane eyre and the mayor of casterbridge

Lara's Nemesis
11-09-09, 06:23
Currently making my way through Dice Man..

I seem to be tired all the time so it's going to be a long read.

I read that book years ago, I thought it was pretty good.

voltz
11-09-09, 06:34
I've been meaning to read Rhapsody for awhile now but I always keep getting myself sidetracked from doing it. Are we up to the 5th vol now?

Another Lara
11-09-09, 08:06
I'm just finishing the last part of the book Children of England by Alison Weir... I have absolutely loved it! But then Alison Weir is my fave author at the mo...

After that I will be reading her historical fiction Innocent Traitor (about Lady Jany Grey) and then I'll probably read the book I got from her launch the other night at the Tower of London about the downfall of Anne Boleyn! :jmp:

TombRaiderLover
11-09-09, 18:54
Killing God by Kevin Brooks

Touching from a Distance: Ian Curtis and Joy Division by Deborah Curtis

Minty Mouth
11-09-09, 19:21
Salamander by Thomas Wharton.

Beautiful novel.

Catracoth
11-09-09, 19:30
I just finished The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgwick, and now I'm onto Tricks by Ellen Hopkins. So far, it's damn fantastic.

]{eith
12-09-09, 01:48
I've just started reading Misery by Stephen King. I've only read one of his books before - one of the Dark Tower series and I was bored to distraction but I loved the movies Misery and The Shining so I decided to get them today while I saw them. So far, I'm loving Misery.

Legend 4ever
12-09-09, 03:05
Coraline - Loved it, 9/10 Hated the movie though.

Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen - LOVED IT! Movie & the book 10/10

The Kite Runner - Loved it, 10/10

AmericanAssassin
12-09-09, 03:07
http://www.eeriebooks.com/horror/book-club/dead-until-dark.jpg

Ditto. :tmb:

_Awestruck_
12-09-09, 03:19
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I read this book in FOUR hours; amazing life stories and lessons.

Now reading I am the Messenger by Mark Zusak. I can't wait to get into it, I hear it's amazing.

ajrich17901
12-09-09, 03:36
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy

star-dust
12-09-09, 03:37
The Notebook ~ Nicholas Sparks

One of my most favorite books I have ever read.

Marianna12
12-09-09, 11:29
Eclipse
Finished it yesterday. It was really great imo, can't wait to read "The Breaking Dawn":)

rowanlim
12-09-09, 14:55
Pandora - Anne Rice

Good, good book :tmb:

Jacen
13-09-09, 18:06
A hat full of sky - Terry Pratchett

Those Nac Mac Feegle are so funny :p

Noodleboy
13-09-09, 18:21
Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill

Very scary, but a good read!

Dennis's Mom
13-09-09, 18:54
I listen to books on CD while I make jewelry. The last two:

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. Wonderful dystopian stuff.

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Andrew McCall Smith. Very entertaining. My new saying is going to be "What would Mma Ramotswe do?" :D

xXhayleyroxXx
13-09-09, 18:59
Salamander by Thomas Wharton.

Beautiful novel.

whats it about?

Angel666
14-09-09, 03:08
I just finished A Wolf At The Table by Augusten Burroughs. I love his books.

And I just finished rereading The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall, one of my all-time favorites.

Now I'm starting to read It's A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

M.A.
23-09-09, 16:54
Taken from my Facebook status:

Just finished The Strain: Book One by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Two days ago I finished reading The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Both e-books. Accumulatively, reading time was less than 12 hours. Why I can't read more important tomes with this vigor, I'll never know.... :P

The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
Dammit, if my tear ducts are still functioning, I would have cried gallons. Too bad I shut them off when I was between 15 and 16. A non-conventional love story, beautifully written, and can get easily confusing if you don't pay attention to the dates of Henry time travels. Both Henry and patience Clare don't deserve the ending they get (the one during the party, not the future). I hope Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams will play the characters right in the movie version. :)

The Strain: Book One by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan.
You like zombies? You like vampires? How about vampire zombies?! Did I just give the book away? :D Very slow buildup 1/3 of the book. The rest 2/3 of the book is very gripping, especially the ending. A 777 landed on the New York runaway, shut itself completely, and inside containing more than a hundred seemingly dead passengers and crews. What do you do? Of course you open the damned thing and let all hell break lose. It's a thriller (ha!) that follows the journey of a pair of disease control doctors witnessing the horror of the century. Can't wait for book 2! :D

FYI, interestingly the main characters from The Strain makes a very interesting Left4Dead group. You get the main guy, Ephraim Goodweather, the CDC doctor. Then Abraham Setrakian, a professor who knows the origins of these creatures and how to fight them, too bad his heart is not so good cos he's old. And then we have Vasiliy Fet, a rat exterminator who pointed out that vampire zombies are not much different from rats and his skill in hunting them comes in handy. And then we have the token girl, in the form of Nora Martinez, a biologist and Ephraim's work partner, who can hold a fight on her own. Hell, there's even a zombie flood scene, involving a man in a taxi and a lot of zombie vampires. Is there anybody willing to mod the game to incorporate the book? :D

Biddy
23-09-09, 16:56
Dear Fatty by Dawn French. The title itself is enough to make you lol. :D

Mystery-King
23-09-09, 17:03
Why I don't know but I just finished 'And then there were none' by agatha christie or as my books title was (since it was so old and renamed... Ten little n*ggers) It was an ingeniously written book about an impossible murder with an incredible twist ending and not that hard to read. It was fantastic! :jmp:

Chocola teapot
23-09-09, 17:13
Of Mice and men.

TR93
23-09-09, 17:13
I finished reading the Twilight Saga:p...

now I'm reading the RE Novels by S.D Perry, ATM reading the Umbrella Conspiracy, and even thought i havent played the RE games (Although I know the stories ect):p... I am enjoying it:) Well I like it,, imo it's pretty good:)

rowanlim
25-09-09, 15:54
Promises in Death by JD Robb. The woman is awesome :tmb: :D

Legend 4ever
25-09-09, 19:09
Lois Duncan - Down a Dark Hall

LOVED IT!!!:)

Shark_Blade
25-09-09, 20:11
The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

Kamrusepas
25-09-09, 20:13
A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick. Very excellent :tmb:

Nenya awakens
25-09-09, 22:01
Brisgnr.

It was AMAZING!

NemesisX13X
25-09-09, 22:03
Royal Blood.
The Whisperer.
Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives 1.

:D

NemesisX13X
25-09-09, 22:17
Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill

Very scary, but a good read!

Is it really good? :cln: I saw it at the bookstore the other day, but I didnt get it. :p

JRod2208
25-09-09, 22:21
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

One of my favorite books of all time. Well written, interesting characters and a well thought out plot. It entertains the interesting notion of a society that has everything it has ever wanted and yet, they are more barbaric than the poor, and nearly illiterate 12 districts thay they control. It is the sequel to The Hunger Games and it keeps you guessing the entire time. I couldn't put it down.

rowanlim
26-09-09, 07:23
The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

How is it? I just got this book, gonna read it soon! :jmp:

TheUnderworld
26-09-09, 09:32
Charlotte's Web. I'm not yet done reading it.

touchthesky
26-09-09, 09:42
Just finished Dead Until Dark. Really enjoyed it. I love Sam. I must have a thing about "those types." Lol.

Am currently reading the third Shopaholic book. :)

Nemo_91
26-09-09, 10:01
I'm currently reading Watchmen.

I just had to buy them after seeing the movie. Loving it! :tmb:

touchthesky
26-09-09, 10:18
Is it really good? :cln: I saw it at the bookstore the other day, but I didnt get it. :p
I enjoyed it! I was worried that because of the connection with S.King it would just be another one of his books but it stood on it's owna nd was very good! :)

Kamrusepas
26-09-09, 10:19
I enjoyed it! I was worried that because of the connection with S.King it would just be another one of his books but it stood on it's owna nd was very good! :)

Hm, what's this? Connection to King?

touchthesky
26-09-09, 10:35
Hm, what's this? Connection to King?

Joe Hill is Stephen Kings son :)! So of course when I saw his book I thought that maybe it would have big and obvious traces of his dads writing in it but it couldn't be more different. Only book of Kings I would say its even a tiny bit like it Cell..and that was a one of for King anyway.

Kamrusepas
26-09-09, 10:37
Ohh alright, I did just recently read something about his son being a writer too. Haven't seen any of his books around though, I'm afraid.

violentblossom
26-09-09, 16:21
A Wolf At The Dinner Table - Augusten Burroughs.

It was more somber and alot less funny than his other books, but I still enjoyed it. This book explores the author's dark childhood relationship with his father..

Jack Croft
26-09-09, 17:25
Children of the Lamp - Eyes of the Forest P.B.Kerr

Now..........

Dan Brown - Angels and Demons

Love2Raid
26-09-09, 17:51
I have never read a book of Dan Brown. That's so typically me. If something becomes too popular, I just don't want to follow the 'herd'. :o

It was different with Harry Potter, since I had already read the first 2 books before the hype started with the movies and everything.

So, are they any good? Is the whole religious theme not too forced on the reader? :confused:

touchthesky
03-10-09, 17:49
Recently read the first four shopaholic books.
Am currently reading the second Sookie Stackhouse novel: Living Dead In Dallas (thats right, yeah?)

NemesisX13X
03-10-09, 17:53
.So, are they any good? Is the whole religious theme not too forced on the reader? :confused:

I've got Angels & Demons, and The Davinci Code, currently reading Angels & Demons, and loving it! I highly recommend it! :)

violentblossom
03-10-09, 17:54
The Egypt Game.

I'm rereading my favorite books from when I was a kid. :cool:

Rai
03-10-09, 17:56
Northern Lights, Philip Pullman

Super Badnik
03-10-09, 18:36
About a Boy by Nick Hornby. My English Teacher recomended it.

Hairhelmet12
03-10-09, 18:54
Doppelganger By David Stahler Jr.

It was really good, You guys should read it.

young Lara Croft
03-10-09, 20:35
Un Lun Dun by China Mieville :)

Dina_Croft
03-10-09, 21:19
I'm still reading Eclipse..:pi:Damn it's big...My mom is obssesed too and now she's reading Breaking Dawn...Now that it's HUGE....I get nervous only by seeing it..:p

Legend 4ever
03-10-09, 21:25
I just read Summer of Fear, Down a Dark Hall and The Twisted Window, all by Lois Duncan. Love her, love her books, I want to write like her, we share the same ideas and genres.

Love2Raid
03-10-09, 21:36
I've got Angels & Demons, and The Davinci Code, currently reading Angels & Demons, and loving it! I highly recommend it! :)

Okay I'll give it a try, thanks for replying. :) :hug:

Marianna12
03-10-09, 21:39
I'm still reading Eclipse..:pi:Damn it's big...My mom is obssesed too and now she's reading Breaking Dawn...Now that it's HUGE....I get nervous only by seeing it..:p

It's huge yes! But it's awesome, and I'm probably going to finish it this week!:\

JRod2208
03-10-09, 22:06
Night World volume 2. It was awesome.

Lemmie
03-10-09, 23:20
I just finished Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. Enjoyed it very much, looking forward to reading some of her other works! :)

larafan25
03-10-09, 23:37
Romeo and Juliet

jjbennett
03-10-09, 23:57
Just read the "Last Oracle" by James Rollins, it was a bit disappointing compared to his others, way too many characters to keep track of.

Currently reading the "Tiger Warrior" by David Gibbins. So far it's the best of the four he's written, the chapters are ridiculously long though!

LaraLuvrrr
04-10-09, 00:04
I don't read books :o

But i read lots of articles on the internet lol

Laurencarter
04-10-09, 17:30
I have been reading Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse in the past week and just started with Breaking Dawn.

violentblossom
04-10-09, 17:33
I have been reading Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse in the past week and just started with Breaking Dawn.

A new Twilight fan? Yay! :yah:

Marianna12
04-10-09, 17:35
Finished Breaking Dawn today...:(

violentblossom
04-10-09, 17:43

Sucks, doesn't it? :(

Marianna12
04-10-09, 17:51
Sucks, doesn't it? :(

I have nothing to read now!!! Stupid Stephenie!!!:hea::mad:

Kelly Craftman
04-10-09, 17:55

OMG i finished it today aswell :eek:

Nemo_91
04-10-09, 18:21
I have nothing to read now!!! Stupid Stephenie!!!:hea::mad:

Read The Host. It's much, much better than Twilight.

Marianna12
04-10-09, 19:04
Read The Host. It's much, much better than Twilight.

I read a review of this book, thanks for suggesting it! It looks good actually!:)

Catracoth
04-10-09, 19:09
If you enjoyed the Twilight series, I recommend the Mortal Instruments series: City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. Much better than the Twilight series if you ask me. And even better than Mortal Instruments, Ellen Hopkins' books:

Crank
Glass
Impulse
Burned
Identical
Tricks

I've read the the bolded ones, Tricks being the one I'm reading currently. Ellen Hopkins is a literary God.

Nenya awakens
04-10-09, 19:16
I just finished Reading Obsidian Butterfly

The 9th book in the Anita Blake - Vampire Hunter series.