PDA

View Full Version : I miss Lara Croft.

Night Crawler
08-12-07, 21:01
I say give Lara some of her cold-heartedness back. She used to be untouchable but now I just don't believe this Lara could so easily survive the situations she finds herself in. I find taking control of her a bore, frankly.

The character just doesn't live up to the name any more.

Can I get an "amen"?

Minty Mouth
08-12-07, 21:02
Arent we bored of these threads yet?

And to answer your question, It should never have been changed ;)

Reggie
08-12-07, 21:04
Can I get an "amen"?

Amen.

Night Crawler
08-12-07, 21:04

Not as bored as we are of Avril Lavigne.

Minty Mouth
08-12-07, 21:07
Not as bored as we are of Avril Lavigne.

That was uncalled for! :vlol:

Seriously though couldnt you have just dug up one of the older threads? I dont know much about old Lara, but I think CD's intentions were pure. I have faith that they will take our advice and tone her "Emotions" down a little for TR: U

Night Crawler
08-12-07, 21:10
Whatever, guess I was just preaching to the choir.

danny.rex
08-12-07, 21:11
We didn't see much of Lara's personality back then. She gets emotional in TRA because it's the first time she killed people. We couldn't see that in the original TR1 because the Lara ingame model always had the same expression and there weren't many cutscenes

and I remember in TR4 she gets emotional when a guy dies helping her (City of the Dead levels)

Minty Mouth
08-12-07, 21:13
We didn't see much of Lara's personality back then. She gets emotional in TRA because it's the first time she killed people. We couldn't see that in the original TR1 because the Lara ingame model always had the same expression and there weren't many cutscenes

and I remember in TR4 she gets emotional when a guy dies helping her (City of the Dead levels)

You raise good points. This was Laras first real adventure. I think some people are forgetting that (Me included)

Sara Croft
08-12-07, 21:15
I think the 'new' Lara is perfectly fine atm.

Night Crawler
08-12-07, 21:16
We didn't see much of Lara's personality back then.
See that's what I liked about the character though, she never needed to express any emotion after killing, if it stood in the way of her goal, it had to die. Things were so much simpler and we had kind of an understanding between the character and the player.

Her emotion is understandable in the last revelation, she was tired and she had gotten herself in too deep, unintentionally. This was real character development of the old Lara, much more than what's happening now with her.

I suppose I'm just not that compatible with fresh starts. I intended to aproach Legend with an open mind, knowing there were gonna be major changes, but when it came down to it, I couldn't.

ThomasCroft
08-12-07, 21:20
Yeah, Lara should be more of a ***** again.

I can't imagine her being so cold-blooded now as she was ... say ... in TR3 when she allowed that guy to get smashed by a bell and go flying to his doom.

That was Lara Croft all over ... for me anyway.

And whilst everyone loves the end of TRL, believing it depicts the 'true' Lara, I have a problem with it. She is way too hot-headed in that cutscene, whereas the 'old' Laras were more cold and calculated and less emotional in their assault.

It seems we're never going to get 'Lara Croft' back, but the Lara we have now has the potential to be better than she is, i.e. more harsh.

Seb_01225
08-12-07, 21:22
See that's what I liked about the character though, she never needed to express any emotion after killing, if it stood in the way of her goal, it had to die.

i didnt like not knowing about her past and stuff
i prefer the fact now she expresses emotion anyway she still does kill people!:)

Angel_14
08-12-07, 21:23
I say give Lara some of her cold-heartedness back. She used to be untouchable but now I just don't believe this Lara could so easily survive the situations she finds herself in. I find taking control of her a bore, frankly.

Can I get an "amen"?

Amen :D

My dream is still seeing a cutscene in the future TRs, where Kurtis/Original Lara/AoD Lara (you choose) comes, locking L. Lara into Avalon. It would be good for both of them. L. Lara with her mother/father/doggie/niece and the good ol' Lara back into TR-ing.
But that's my dream of course ;)

Mona Sax
08-12-07, 21:24
Well, both TRL and TRA were supposed to explain Lara's motivations and roots (the way CD sees them), so the whole Atlantis thing is sort of a Genesis story. Maybe we'll see a more adult version in TR8 - they can't keep focusing on her emotions forever, someday she'll have to find out what happened to her mother.

James_Rutland
08-12-07, 21:25
Whatever, guess I was just preaching to the choir.

Amen. :) TO STOP MAKING THREADS LIKE THIS. CD are not the true creators of TR, they try their best. Get over it. :rolleyes: And I agree, however much i dont like avril, that was uncalled for.

danny.rex
08-12-07, 21:27
in Legend we didn't see any emotion after killing the bunch of people
She gets emotional because of her mother, I mean she lost her when she was just a kid, give the girl a break

Angel_14
08-12-07, 21:27
CD are not the true creators of TR, they try their best. Get over it. :rolleyes:

That doesn't mean we can't criticise their vision of Lara :D:p

James_Rutland
08-12-07, 21:30
That doesn't mean we can't criticise their vision of Lara :D:p

True. But It's just getting annoying. People need to accept it, or they will never like CD's Lara.

Angel_14
08-12-07, 21:32
True. But It's just getting annoying. People need to accept it, or they will never like CD's Lara.

Some of us criticise CD for their version of Lara
Some people who don't agree with us, criticise us for opening threads about it.

Now we are quits :p

Night Crawler
08-12-07, 21:35
Amen. :) TO STOP MAKING THREADS LIKE THIS. CD are not the true creators of TR, they try their best. Get over it. :rolleyes: And I agree, however much i dont like avril, that was uncalled for.Excuse you, are we not allowed to have discussions that may have taken place multiple times before? I didn't read that in the T&C. Old subjects are always brought back up, some more often and sooner than others. Get over that! Honestly...

If you don't have anything constructive to add, GTFO.

http://www.stealthbadger.com/content/images/gtfo.jpg

george_croft
08-12-07, 21:36
This pretty much defines Lara Croft for me:

-0jfEfdfrdc

:wve:

Reggie
08-12-07, 21:38
I actually preferred the original version...
Ahep-VDnKFE

So polite and yet so deadly...

gtkilla
08-12-07, 21:39
Well, with a name like Underworld, I doubt Lara's gonna be as cheery or remorseful (it was a one time thing anyway. First kill.) as she was in Legend and Anniversary. I just hope she won't be as much of a dumb goth-wannabe guy-crazy ***** like she was in AoD. :o

Reggie
08-12-07, 21:41
^ Exactly. And classic Lara, I think was always the perfect balance between the two extremes. Like I said, she could still be polite, fun and cool headed but not one to cross. Ever.

Lior_K
08-12-07, 21:49

Can I get an "amen"?

Amen! :tmb:

I really miss the classic Lara; her cool attitude, her determination and focus. I would never understand why Crystal chose to ignore her and created their own version but I sure hope she would at least get her personality back, if not her TR1-6 history.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
08-12-07, 22:26
I know everyone will disagree with me, but I dont mind her having emotion, its only human, and who says shes lost her attitude, focus and determination? :confused: Infact there were times in Legend and Anniversary where they nailed it, such as the way she spoke to Takamoto, and the way she spoke to Rutland at the end of the Bolivia level, but alas others where she was less like Lara and more like a schoolgirl, the 'ohhh look its rutland' line still makes me cringe. Lara's personality in TR1-TR5 was pretty minimal IMO, Legend just tried to expand on it by making her more humane and to do that they needed to make the story more personal. That said, I think they really need to give Lara her sarcasm back and cut the 'banter' with Zip & Allister. Hopefully this time they will get things right.:)

Sara Croft
08-12-07, 22:28
^Wrong!
I actually agree. :p

RAID
08-12-07, 22:37
EDIT: What difference does it make to some people whether others create threads similar to old topics? You don't like, don't post, better yet, don't even click. Hard to resist increasing post count, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Old topics revised are not annoying, those posts are, not to mention useless and way off topic.

May be be a useless thread to you (all the more reason not to reply in it), but it might be important for someone to get it off their chest. And how do you expect CD to listen to our feedback, without a quick reminder every now and then?

Can I get an "amen"?

Amen.

Showing a little emotion, I don't mind. Crying over a dead guy's body who just tried to kill you...yeah...I think there's something wrong with that picture...

da tomb raider!
08-12-07, 22:45
As much as I hate to say this, the classic Lara Croft's gone, and sadly, I doubt she's ever coming back. However, I still agree with Night Crawler. It'd be great to have her back.

silver_wolf
08-12-07, 23:23

And to answer your question, It should never have been changed ;)
You'd think so, but-no. I honestly think Lara is as tough as she's ever been, she's just more of a character now.

Night Crawler
08-12-07, 23:27
You'd think so, but-no.
You'd think we'd already established the fact that people are more sick of these comments, but no.

MadCroy101
08-12-07, 23:33
I really hope that CD gives Lara the *****ieness back, Jonell Eliot, Judith Gibbons, and Shelly Blonde actually offered that to me, Kelley is just to soft, and i want the real Lara, not the one who cares, the one show dosen't care. I know that really doesn't make much sense, but it does to me;)

TombRaider#1fan
08-12-07, 23:40
It's because of her search for her mom and dad IMO. I also think they will make her less emotional now, considering they've been reading some threads here ;)

Let Go
09-12-07, 00:28

Exactly! Was the first time she killed a person, how many times it has to be said? I understood perfectly why she felt guilty. It was more difficult for me to understand why did she kill him at first place on Anniversary compared to what happens on TR1. In the original I didn't give a damn about Larson dying, I even laughed and felt relieved! "Thank God this jerk'll shut up" :vlol: But on Anni, I've got to admit, I liked the guy. And *guilty pleasure moment* I kinda wished she wouldn't have to kill him. Guess would be nice if he'd come back somehow.

Well, with a name like Underworld, I doubt Lara's gonna be as cheery or remorseful (it was a one time thing anyway. First kill.) as she was in Legend and Anniversary. I just hope she won't be as much of a dumb goth-wannabe guy-crazy ***** like she was in AoD. :o

Agree too... AoD Lara was just "trying too hard" for me, didn't like much :p
You all can even bite my head off, but I guess I rather have Legend Lara back than AoD one... *runs and hides to save life*

I know everyone will disagree with me, but I dont mind her having emotion, its only human, and who says shes lost her attitude, focus and determination? :confused: Infact there were times in Legend and Anniversary where they nailed it, such as the way she spoke to Takamoto, and the way she spoke to Rutland at the end of the Bolivia level, but alas others where she was less like Lara and more like a schoolgirl, the 'ohhh look its rutland' line still makes me cringe. Lara's personality in TR1-TR5 was pretty minimal IMO, Legend just tried to expand on it by making her more humane and to do that they needed to make the story more personal. That said, I think they really need to give Lara her sarcasm back and cut the 'banter' with Zip & Allister. Hopefully this time they will get things right.:)

I don't disagree with you, on the contrary !!!
I find interesting that now she is more human.
And come on... Legend Lara was witty, tough, smart and all, just a "little" more cheerfull and talkative than before :ton:
At least she's more tough and cold than in Anniversary - when she's younger, yada yada yada.... and that's ok for me too.
And honestly, I don't miss the "psycopath Lara" that much anymore.
I never liked that fmv on TR3 for instance, when she kills that poor heli pilot for no reason... I was like "WTF ???"

Anyway... huge post!
Sorry for that people, no amen for the TO... and don't kill me :vlol:

Jin Uzuki
09-12-07, 01:44
Ahep-VDnKFE

The TRA version of this cutscene showed a more threatening side to Lara. The original showed her wit and cool-ness in situations like this. In both portrayals, I think Lara's attitude is presented spot-on. :tmb:

James_Rutland
09-12-07, 07:54
Excuse you, are we not allowed to have discussions that may have taken place multiple times before? I didn't read that in the T&C. Old subjects are always brought back up, some more often and sooner than others. Get over that! Honestly...

If you don't have anything constructive to add, GTFO.

http://www.stealthbadger.com/content/images/gtfo.jpg

You GTFO thank you very much, you need to get over the fact that Cores Lara aint ever coming back, and that CD are trying their best. Be grateful, i wonder what you would think if Eidos chose some other make which made Lara's attitude dreadfully different, and im not talking Legend. Ive had my speak. :) Then stop moaning at the people who have a different opinion than you. Sure, true fans including me have all missed classic lara. But I have got over it and realised that CD are trying to recreate the spark that was Lara Croft, look where aod went.. Im sure that would of been the last if Eidos didn't sack core.

Shark_Blade
09-12-07, 08:14

Can I get an "amen"?
Yes, I find it was quite boring with the new Lara. I want my Lara to be edgy, cold hearted yet polite and posh at the same time. This new one is missing somethign in her attitude that makes her irritating.

Like when she was faced with situations, she goes "I'm sorry, Amanda. Truly.":cen::hea: and "This is maddness". Like the real Lara would never say nonsense like that, ever. Whenever she goes into bimbo mode like that I roll my eyes like this :rolleyes: and felt my mouth dry and yawn.

She should go gun-ho, blasting enemies while smiling viciously or if it was too much, she'll grit her teeth like a merciless mercenary. But what we get is like a little smug on her face that makes her...less appealing.

God I hope the new TR is gonna bring back Lara's attitude. I'm fine with everything else in TRA. Some points that CD done right:

- the jump up platform animation. She's no longer a freaking monkey or Curious George like in Legend. A sensible lady climbing action. Kudos to CD

- Back to the tombs. Ah, great level designs but I love a little more complication or intricate puzzles CD! :hug:

- Her hair. In current gen I hate her hair. In TRA, it's perfect. No more crap on her front forehead. (Next gen is great btw) And the braid is great. I despise the ponytail :p

- Return of the backpack. Great, and you implement the on screen changing weapon mode that pleases the modern gamers too! Perfect! A++ :jmp:

But with good things comes the bad, and that is

- Lara's boring attitude. She just lost it in this one, but much better than Legend's silliness.
- Interactive cutscenes. Why? Oh WHY????:hea: Press x to jump or Lara got hit by a slding dino.
- The story could be folded out more.
- Atlantis is just horribly chopped. I'm fine with the rest.

James_Rutland
09-12-07, 08:25
I agree shark blade. :) But I thought Lara's attitude on some aspects of TRA was quite Laraish, and well it was her first time being in a strange place like Atlantis, i think everyone would say this is madness! :P CD tried, it wern't their game. But I agree Atlantis could of been much better!

Twilight
09-12-07, 08:38
Ahep-VDnKFE

ditto. "can't touch this...can't touch this.."

i liked her uniqueness in TR1-3. it sorta dies out it 4, and 5. then 6 its completly dead. in 7 and TRA she's completly different. maybe TR8 will bring it back? hopefully.

Shark_Blade
09-12-07, 08:56
I agree shark blade. :) But I thought Lara's attitude on some aspects of TRA was quite Laraish, and well it was her first time being in a strange place like Atlantis, i think everyone would say this is madness! :P CD tried, it wern't their game. But I agree Atlantis could of been much better!Yes, I like the look on her eyes when she encounter Pierre and Larson, the sharp eyes I call it.

"Get out of the way or you'll die". Her face expression is awesome, you would think CD nailed Lara at that time until she starts shooting Larson to death and you'll see her lips pout like an irritated girl not getting her pony when she turns sweet sixteen.

Lara 'maybe' will say "maddness" but I'm really annoyed by her expression, she looks worried, can't really put my finger to it at the moment. And regarding Atlantis, maybe CD got a tight schedule resulting a large portion of Atlantis got cut off, who knows? ;)

tr_mitch
09-12-07, 11:10
I can honestly say i wouldn't mind one bit if they released a new tomb raider game with the same crappy graphics that they were on ps1.
Really do miss the whole atmosphere and overall gameplay of the original Tomb Raiders. =[

kryptonite23
09-12-07, 11:12
I can honestly say i wouldn't mind one bit if they released a new tomb raider game with the same crappy graphics that they were on ps1.
Really do miss the whole atmosphere and overall gameplay of the original Tomb Raiders. =[
Especially in TR3 :tmb:

Atrum Angelus
09-12-07, 11:51
I don't find CDy's Lara tough either. Especially cos we saw her all dark like in AOD, it's such a huge difference from AOD and Legend + Anniversary.
And Keeley Hawes isn't doing her a favour IMO.

danitiwa
09-12-07, 11:51
IMO Lara died in TR6, and no one but CORE or some miracle, could ever bring her back. Right now I just feel the real Lara has been abused and twisted to make more money. Lara Croft is dead to me, and I've accepted it.

Ward Dragon
09-12-07, 11:54
And whilst everyone loves the end of TRL, believing it depicts the 'true' Lara, I have a problem with it. She is way too hot-headed in that cutscene, whereas the 'old' Laras were more cold and calculated and less emotional in their assault.

I agree completely :tmb:

And classic Lara, I think was always the perfect balance between the two extremes. Like I said, she could still be polite, fun and cool headed but not one to cross. Ever.

Yes, that is exactly how I always viewed Lara :D

It would have to look at least as good as the "next-gen" level editor for me ;)

NightWish
09-12-07, 12:10
I do too NC :(

danitiwa
09-12-07, 14:44

http://www.pokemon-stats.com/galeria/pokemon/ditto.jpg

silver_wolf
09-12-07, 18:00
You'd think we'd already established the fact that people are more sick of these comments, but no.
well, seeing as how this is about the 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000th
thread complaining about the new Lara, I don't see why I can't post the 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000th-"she's gone,get over it, stop complaining!" comment. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's more irritating to have someone take up good forum space each week by making a new "insert complaint here" thread (incidentally, nearly 3 years after Legend!!) than it is to have someone remind them that it's an old topic that's been discussed many a time.

James_Rutland
09-12-07, 18:03
well, seeing as how this is about the 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000th
thread complaining about the new Lara, I don't see why I can't post the 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000th-"she's gone,get over it, stop complaining!" comment. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's more irritating to have someone take up good forum space each week by making a new "insert complaint here" thread (incidentally, nearly 3 years after Legend!!) than it is to have someone remind them that it's an old topic that's been discussed many a time.

Ditto.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
09-12-07, 18:05
http://www.pokemon-stats.com/galeria/pokemon/ditto.jpg
:vlol:

I'm sure CD will listen to the criticisms accordingly, but I really didnt think Legend Lara was THAT bad, there were plenty of 'classic' Lara moments in there, it was just harder to see than the more emotional side of Lara, which IMO is only human.

MadCroy101
09-12-07, 18:08
I'm sure CD will listen to the criticisms accordingly, but I really didnt think Legend Lara was THAT bad, there were plenty of 'classic' Lara moments in there, it was just harder to see than the more emotional side of Lara, which IMO is only human.

I guess your right, but Legend lara wasn't mean enough, well she was mean, but nothing like AOD lara. The sexy voice, and the "i will shoot the f*** out of you", i can't see that in legend lara

Angel_14
09-12-07, 18:08
Ahep-VDnKFE

I love that cutscene. :D I hope they'll give us that Lara in TR8...

James_Rutland
09-12-07, 18:11
I guess your right, but Legend lara wasn't mean enough, well she was mean, but nothing like AOD lara. The sexy voice, and the "i will shoot the f*** out of you", i can't see that in legend lara

ARGH! In AOD she was supposed to be ticked off, her attitude wasn't exactly the classic. It's more the attitude if you have been burried under aload of rubble, been shot at, being trapped, escaping egypt, having a friend die, being accused of it, you know..

Lara Croft In Legend wasn't exactly the Lara Croft we know, i admit it. Though she has the witty, sexy attitude. Anniversary was much better, "Get out of my way, or you die."

"This is only one piece of the Scion, wheres the rest of it. *Pushes Gun deeper into Larsons cheek* "

Night Crawler
09-12-07, 19:17
thread complaining about the new Lara, I don't see why I can't post the 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000th-"she's gone,get over it, stop complaining!" comment. Grow up.

silver_wolf
09-12-07, 19:36
Nice comeback. You know it to be true.

2kool4u
09-12-07, 19:41
Damn these types of threads are multyplying like rabbits, i dont see what the big deal is, she couldnt show emotion in the other TR's because well it wasnt possible. For the cutscenes all you saw were there heads bobbling like bobble heads, how the hell can you see emotions with that?

Rivendell
09-12-07, 19:43
Please stop arguing, it's extremely unnecessary.

Blackmoor
09-12-07, 20:30
The TRA version of this cutscene showed a more threatening side to Lara. The original showed her wit and cool-ness in situations like this. In both portrayals, I think Lara's attitude is presented spot-on. :tmb:I like both versions of this cutscene too. I think Crystal did very well here because I am exceptionally fond of the original version and yet I think the new one has a lot of merit too. :tmb:

I also think that comparing Legend's and TR:A's cutscenes suggests that the developers have listened to our feedback about Lara. She is less of an airhead "fallling-in-love-all-over-again..." :rolleyes: kind of girl in TR:A definitely.

If I could change anything I think they should hire Vicky Arnold as a consultant on dialogue (in addition to the other writers). But that's just me. :D

Let Go
10-12-07, 00:57
ARGH! In AOD she was supposed to be ticked off, her attitude wasn't exactly the classic. It's more the attitude if you have been burried under aload of rubble, been shot at, being trapped, escaping egypt, having a friend die, being accused of it, you know..

Lara Croft In Legend wasn't exactly the Lara Croft we know, i admit it. Though she has the witty, sexy attitude. Anniversary was much better, "Get out of my way, or you die."

"This is only one piece of the Scion, wheres the rest of it. *Pushes Gun deeper into Larsons cheek* "

I agree, never been fond of AoD Lara... As I said earlier I'd rather have Legend Lara back than the AoD one. She just didn't sound authentic to me somehow, was "trying too hard" to be dark and ****ed...

Legend and Anniversary ones were just more human, people...
I don't get why you make such a fuss about it... LL had quite a few badass moments IMO, she's just more cheerfull, human and talkative.
I didn't take it as an offence or anything.
And Anni is supposed to be her 1st adventure so is ok to me for her to show a little fear and regret, specially cause at the end she gives that look like "Yeah, I have -imaginary- blood on my hands, so what!?" She kind of absolves herself and realizes that she's capable of doing anything. :tea:

Tear
10-12-07, 05:31
I love Lara in every direction she's gone in.

Laras Backpack
10-12-07, 12:05
I certainly don't hate Legend or Anniversary Lara. I don't think they're mother/father obsessed, I don't think they're wimps and I don't think they're not up to their jobs. However, I don't love them like I loved the Classic and AoD Laras. I find them nice but nothing special, and there is nothing in their characterisation that interests me.

Though Classic Lara's personality and history was not built upon much until TR4, I felt that she had great potential as a loner, an anti-hero and a character who burries her emotions because of her complex upbringing. She was a character that had hated the upperclass life in terms of its restrictions but she still prefered to live in a mansion in the manner to which she was accustomed. She was tough, had rage issues and committed crimes left right and centre. But she could also show compassion and respect for others, take responsibility for her mistakes and try to use reason to stop the badguys. With her biography/biographies I think CD could have built up the existing Lara into a more unique and complex character.

By comparison I find the Legend and TRA Laras to be archetypes. They're tough, sexy and adventurous, the show the emotions you expect them to in a way that's predictable. Their biography is very typical of many heroic characters throughout movies, games and comic books. She's nice but I personally forget about her the moment I turn off my PS2. I've seen it all before, I've heard it all before and she isn't presented in a way that makes her stand out from other game characters that I love.

In my opinion just because a character shows emotion doesn't mean that they are a more realistic or deep character. It's how, when and why they show emotion that matters. TRA and TRL Lara (the latter especially) show their emotions when I expect them to, just like other heroic archetypes. I'm never surprised, I'm never left to analyse them or wonder how their upbringing made them who they are. At least with classic Lara we knew that she was brought up in a stiffled environment which makes her tough outer shell, and 'hidden emotions' make sense.

I was watching a repeat of the TV show NCIS the other day. This episode was set after the sudden and tragic death of one of the main characters. It showed how each of the remaining characters dealt with her murder. One was submerged in her grief, the other blamed himself, the other was lost and confused as they weren't used to seeing the death of a team mate and the other burried himself in his role depty-team leader to provide emotional support for his fellow team mates but also to avoid having to face his own emotions and grief. They all handled it in different and unique ways. Some showed more emotions than the others but this didn't make them more or less developed than the characters that kept their grief burried.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that TRL and TRA Lara are nice but they bore me. They are forgettable, throw away archetypes to me. I enjoy them for as long as the game lasts but once it's over I cease to care. This is partly due to my personal tastes but I also think that as characters both of these versions of Lara are predictable. I don't care how much emotion they show, it's the way they show it and why that I usually (though certainly not always!) find to be stereotypical, cliche and uninteresting even when compared to other game characters.

:wve: