PDA

View Full Version : Want to become an Internet star?

wantafanta
09-12-07, 00:29
See full story here:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3963312&page=1

By BILL RITTER and ANN VARNEY
Dec. 7, 2007

Three teenage boys from New Jersey were bored one evening, so they decided to take a drive: a mean drive. While cruising down the street they spotted innocent bystanders on the side of the road and shouted out obscenities. It was one of many outings.

To a woman washing her car, they screamed, "Wash that car, you filthy skank!"

To a guy wearing a bathing suit, they said, "Put on some clothes, you sick *******!"

These are the nicer insults -- most are simply too vulgar to publish.

Teenage boys behaving badly has been around since, well, since there have been teenage boys. But now, technologically savvy young people have a new way to act out. They bring along their video cameras or video phones, record what they're doing and then upload their pranks for the whole World Wide Web to see. That's what the boys in New Jersey were doing and their videos have become popular spots on YouTube.

..continues...

Little-Lara
09-12-07, 00:35
I think it's more like "mostly watched" than "popular spots."

Pretty messed up, imo. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the share.

oocladableeblah
09-12-07, 00:40
Well that's not very nice the insults you posted sound really stupid. My friends have screamed out of the car to just scare people, but never have they called people names and such.

Quasimodo
09-12-07, 01:28
Ours is the generation of the cheap thrill.

Twilight
09-12-07, 08:20
they yelled random obsenities and posted it on youtube.

big whoop.

Voni
09-12-07, 10:26
It may not seem like a big deal to some people, but this is just more evidence that children just don't know the boundaries any more. I've come across countless children both in my work and my personal life that just don't seem to have basic social skills. On a basic level, did their parents never tell them that's it's not nice to call people names?! And at 20 years old (ONE year younger than I am, for God's sake) he should really get a grip. Or get arrested for harrassment. Harsh, but I think it's the only way I think we'd get through to them that it's just not acceptable to do this.

Greenkey2
09-12-07, 10:37

And the echoing cranium :rolleyes:

Necromanser
09-12-07, 10:52
MOST of our generation.

Laurencarter
09-12-07, 15:11
Those kids are idiots. Didn't their parents teach them not to do that?
They aren't even supposed to talk to strangers. Let alone yell at them.