PDA

View Full Version : This may sound real dumb what are some ways you can get banned?

marukisu
11-12-07, 01:31
I was just recently banned for posting unathorized footage and i dont know what i did. i posted a link to an early beta of the first TR game and was banned for a week. I want to know what is considered authorized and unathorized footage so i dont get banned again. The reason being is that i have found a funny AOD Lara VS Legend Lara on youtube and want to show it to the forums but i dont want to get banned again .any advice?

God Horus
11-12-07, 01:34
AOD Lara vs. Legend Lara video was already posted. Your thread will get closed if you get banned.

I've been a member of these lovely forums for years now, and not been banned once. Infact most users have never been banned. Follow the forums T&C, and read all sticky's. Yes, there was a sticky about posting beta TR1 footage. Should have read it my friend! ;)

oocladableeblah
11-12-07, 02:05
I've never been banned so I don't really know what footage you can and can't post. The only footage I know is bad is the footage of cores tra.

Little-Lara
11-12-07, 02:24
......The reason being is that i have found a funny AOD Lara VS Legend Lara on youtube and want to show it to the forums but i dont want to get banned again .any advice?

It was probably from Core's, yes there are certain things that are completely banned here. But don't feel bad, just avoid them, and read the descriptions before posting something like that, or anything risky here. :)

I've never been banned so I don't really know what footage you can and can't post. The only footage I know is bad is the footage of cores tra.

Yup, i've had my experience with those clips. I was told to remove them ASAP. :p
Whew!

2kool4u
11-12-07, 02:28
sorry lol umm go on xD

marukisu
11-12-07, 03:09
AOD Lara vs. Legend Lara video was already posted. Your thread will get closed if you get banned.

I've been a member of these lovely forums for years now, and not been banned once. Infact most users have never been banned. Follow the forums T&C, and read all sticky's. Yes, there was a sticky about posting beta TR1 footage. Should have read it my friend! ;)

no its another AOD vs Legend Lara . I forgot to make this clear but its a funny parody. I would post it but i dont want to get banned.

Sgt. -Tom Braider
11-12-07, 03:16
I know one Rule is about making another forum account. The only other forum account I've used is my 2nd. This is the first post on my ORIGINAL user name. I had lost my password for my first. But I was sent a Happy Birthday email from this forum, so I decided to see if I could reset my password, I did. And now, here I am. Finally.

Whelp. Looks like I'll just have to be banned for life now. Oh well.

Edit: Also, this is my first time back in over a year.

Fish.
11-12-07, 03:23
I know one Rule is about making another forum account. The only other forum account I've used is my 2nd. This is the first post on my ORIGINAL user name. I had lost my password for my first. But I was sent a Happy Birthday email form this forum, so I decided to see if I could reset my password, I did. And now, here I am. Finally.

Whelp. Looks like I'll just have to be banned for life now. Oh well.

:p

You can get banned for a number of things, such as:

Excessive language
Harassment of other members
Taking credit for something you don't own
Creating "spare" forum accountsThere's some more, just check out the T&C. ;)

Sgt. -Tom Braider
11-12-07, 03:33
Hello Fish. I don't remember you from last time I was here under my other account. Nice name BTW. ;-)

My 2nd wasn't really a spare in the sense that I wanted to... do whatever it is people could do with a 2nd forum user account. Like vote in Polls or talk to myself or evade bannishment. I'm familiar with the Terms & Conditions. This was more a matter of... Principle I guess. This is the name I wanted to use originally and dab-gummit... I'm gunna use it! >:-D

But really, I don't care if I get banned. My other user name is... er, was Capt. Murphy.

DREWY
11-12-07, 03:43
I remember Captain Murphy. Probably would it have been wiser to PM Justin directly though Tom?

Camera Obscura
11-12-07, 03:44
Hello Fish. I don't remember you from last time I was here under my other account. Nice name BTW. ;-)

My 2nd wasn't really a spare in the sense that I wanted to... do whatever it is people could do with a 2nd forum user account. Like vote in Polls or talk to myself or evade bannishment. I'm familiar with the Terms & Conditions. This was more a matter of... Principle I guess. This is the name I wanted to use originally and dab-gummit... I'm gunna use it! >:-D

But really, I don't care if I get banned. My other user name is... er, was Capt. Murphy.

Hey Captain! It's been a while since I've seen you around here. :wve:

Sgt. -Tom Braider
11-12-07, 03:50
Drewy, Camera Obscura. Hi! :-D Nice to know I'm remembered. Probably not for anything (relatively) good... But remembered none-the-less. Maybe I'm more notorious than anything else. :->

danitiwa
11-12-07, 06:09
I remember Captain Murphy. Probably would it have been wiser to PM Justin directly though Tom?

He never answers PMs. :pi: He said it himself: He doesn't have time, so he just deletes them all except for if they're reports.

Marukisu: You can also get banned for double posting.

tlr online
11-12-07, 08:45

Greetings. Your first account is just fine, and you last logged in using Capt. Murphy last night. What is the problem here? Please drop me a PM. Thanks.

Capt. Murphy
11-12-07, 13:28
Ah, my other screen name is banned. I hope I won't be getting those 'Happy Birthday' emails anymore. And that name was pretty cool. Tom Braider... TomB raider. :cln: Too bad things didn't work out from the beginning.:o

Larson_1988
11-12-07, 13:32
I have another question, if a person has been banned, and are unbanned again, will that make that person a "bad" member amongst the mods/admin or is there forgiveness for that?

DREWY
11-12-07, 13:37
No grudges as held.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/DREWYP/SMILIES/PUNCH.gif

People are taken for how they act now. Unless they deliberately transgress again. Then their past behavior won't do them any favours.

Larson_1988
11-12-07, 13:39
No grudges as held.

People are taken for how they act now. Unless they deliberately transgress again. Then their past behavior won't do them any favours.

You know the story here DREWY, i won't go into that here.

But thanks for the reply! :) Highly appreciated! ;)

petujaymz
11-12-07, 16:23
I've been banned twice.

Once for a terms and conditions violation, and once for an inappropriate joke.

On a scale of one to four, how cool am I?

:wve:

Angelus
11-12-07, 16:25
I've been banned twice.

Once for a terms and conditions violation, and once for an inappropriate joke.

On a scale of one to four, how cool am I?

:wve:

You're off the scale cool. :p

Rexie
11-12-07, 16:33
I've been banned once because i let my cousin on my computer. He didn't want to register,so he bumped old threads with my account.

luckily,only three.

and WHAT IN THIS WORLD CAN I DO?He was eight years old and his mother(my step aunt,or in other words my mothers brothers third wife) is really annoying!if you don't let him do something he wants,she goes to INSANITY!

I apologize for anyone who found that offensive...

xcrushterx
11-12-07, 16:43
I've been banned 3 times... Which a lot of people find strange because I', not the type of person to break rules. Anyway, they were for the following:

Spamming (O_o I don't even recall what it was that was spam, but meh)
Registering somewhere I shouldn't have (I fail to see how simply registering somewhere is cause for a ban...)
Posting something about something unauthorised.

That is all :cool: