PDA

View Full Version : On-Set,Leaked Trek XI Uniform

Agent 47
13-12-07, 12:55
Ok,i know there's a few Star Trek fans on this board.Well folks,here is a leaked photo of a woman cast member in uniform :confused:

For those of us old enough to know Star Trek existed long before 1987,does this look like a Kirk era uniform to you???? yeah,me neither

how fast can you say REBOOT :mad: this NEW movie is supposed to be set in the Kirk era,going by this uniform...............yeah right :cen:

here's the offending artefact
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/799/cadet824jc8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

image re-posted for Gecko

Geck-o-Lizard
13-12-07, 13:28
The image isn't loading. Can you rehost it on Imageshack or Photobucket please?

jackali
13-12-07, 13:28
What on earth is that thing? Change it to the old style uniforms!

Agent 47
13-12-07, 13:41
The image isn't loading. Can you rehost it on Imageshack or Photobucket please?

done :D

@jackali......it isn't Trek, that's for sure,and yes i agree

bring back the old style :mad:

*there's also a pic of Chris Pine in a Maroon version,with no hat,and rank pip on collar*

Capt. Murphy
13-12-07, 14:16
Perhaps it's a retelling of an old(ish) story. I think they are trying to make it more believable. It would probably look more funny if the whole cast were in outfits such as those from back in the 60's/70's... or whenever it was.... The ORIGINAL Star Trek -I mean.

Why not have civilains in silver jump suits with those big rings on their shoulders? Or, hopefully if one of the costume directors suffered some type of freak accident to where they had been put into a coma since the early days of star trek, and then they come out of that coma in the present day... Perhaps we could consult them on what the fashion/s should be for this new movie.

Edit: Really. Think of the women officers of the United Federation whachamacallit.... They'd be in Mini Skirts.

Okay. I see your point.

IceDragon
13-12-07, 16:06
What's the big deal? Are you forgetting that Star Trek XI takes place before the original series? I suppose you complained when they changed the uniforms in the 6 original series movies too. That was the "Kirk" era too.

Change happens. Deal with it. It's still Star Trek.

SamReeves
13-12-07, 16:12
We shall see. That uni looks like the prison guard from Star Trek III.

interstellardave
13-12-07, 16:12
The cap is the most offensive part for me... c'mon, that's a little too current-day don't you all think? Also it's a little "South American Dictator" looking... didn't Castro always wear something similar?!

Agent 47
13-12-07, 16:39
The cap is the most offensive part for me... c'mon, that's a little too current-day don't you all think? Also it's a little "South American Dictator" looking... didn't Castro always wear something similar?!

that's what my folks said when i showed them :vlol:

it's not only this uniform that offends my eyes.........from what's being leaked about the Enterprise,i dread to think what it looks like,and also the lack of Shatner not being in it :mad:

this production crew said bold as brass they'd respect what's gone before....doesn't look or sound like it to me :( REBOOT

Cochrane
13-12-07, 19:47
I don't care about a change of uniform under normal circumstances. However, this uniform doesn't look like Starfleet uniforms, it looks like the uniforms for officers from Star Wars' Empire. That is just not a good-guy uniform, and I certainly hope it will not be used for the good guys.

SamReeves
13-12-07, 20:22
Yup. The Wrath of Khan unis were the best of all Star Trek unis. :D

And both Bill Shatner and Leonard Nimoy should be the narrators for Trek XI. I'm still not happy about Shatner being left out. :mad:

http://i12.************/6tn76es.jpg

Agent 47
13-12-07, 20:50
Yup. The Wrath of Khan unis were the best of all Star Trek unis. :D

And both Bill Shatner and Leonard Nimoy should be the narrators for Trek XI. I'm still not happy about Shatner being left out. :mad:

http://i12.************/6tn76es.jpg

agree, that uniform (Trek II to VI) was indeed good

glad you also want Shatner in it,Nimoy without Shatner seems odd :(

Legend Killer
13-12-07, 20:56
The uniform in that leaked photo reminds me of the Genai uniforms from Stargate Atlantis.