PDA

View Full Version : Any Xena: Warrior Princess fans out there?

bloodstormaoa
13-12-07, 18:29
Well, are there? :p

I used to love this show. I'll probably get the complete 6 season boxset for christmas. :D

jagged halo
13-12-07, 18:30
Hey, this used to be my favourite show! And still kind of is. Used to love it as a kid - I'd always watch it.

Rexie
13-12-07, 18:33
I watched it for a long time.Since I was four years old I guess...I saw ALL of the episodes,but I only remember two of them.

Bumio
13-12-07, 18:33
omg Xena!! :D i used to be the biggest fan, but when her new series came out (probably at 2004 or 2005) i got kinda disappointed because series had less reality of mythological and ancient world, and became something similar to "parody" :( though still- xena is or was the best :tmb:

Sedge
13-12-07, 18:38
Watched always as a kid, haven't seen in many years.. I used to like it though. TV just started to broadcast it again, wonder if I should take a look.. :D

bloodstormaoa
13-12-07, 18:39
omg Xena!! :D i used to be the biggest fan, but when her new series came out (probably at 2004 or 2005) i got kinda disappointed because series had less reality of mythological and ancient world, and became something similar to "parody" :( though still- xena is or was the best :tmb:

I agree :tmb:

Season 6 made me lose interest in the series for exactly the reasons you gave, but I can't wait to experience the whole thing again :jmp: I love kick-ass women and Xena is most certainly the best (Buffy excluded, because I love her on a completely different level :p)

@ Sedge - You should :jmp::D :D

RAID
13-12-07, 18:42
I'm a fan. I just got season 1 and 2 recently, and I just watched episode 16 'Mortal Beloved' of SE1 today. Might watch ep17 tonight :D

Bumio
13-12-07, 18:44
I agree :tmb:

Season 6 made me lose interest in the series for exactly the reasons you gave, but I can't wait to experience the whole thing again :jmp: I love kick-ass women and Xena is most certainly the best (Buffy excluded, because I love her on a completely different level :p)

@ Sedge - You should :jmp::D :D
hmmmm, u know, i want to watch them again too :jmp: *wonders* oh, and i used to love "hercules" show too :D and when they both used to get together in series :whi:

NightWish
13-12-07, 18:44
I AM A HUGE FANNNN!!!!!!!!! I still ahvent watched all of teh episodes but I have most of teh seasons (5) and I am trying to get the 6th now! I love the show!

there are 6 seasons right?

RAID
13-12-07, 18:47
Season 6 is the last one. :)

A Xena movie would be nice, don't you think?

Rexie
13-12-07, 18:53
YES!!!but it will never happen...

NightWish
13-12-07, 18:55
Season 6 is the last one. :)

A Xena movie would be nice, don't you think?

yes. But Lucy lawless must be the xena. There cant be another xena if you ask me.

jagged halo
13-12-07, 18:57
It would be interesting to have a movie, if they continue it on from where it left off at the end of season 6 - which was a very strange ending, to be honest.

NightWish
13-12-07, 19:00
DOint spoil it!!! I havent seen it yet :p

jagged halo
13-12-07, 19:05
lol, well tell us when you do :p

NightWish
13-12-07, 19:08
ok.... i think it wont be sooner then a month :vlol: so u will have to hold it :mis:

Admles
13-12-07, 21:43
I used to love Xena.

Every saturday night channel 10 used to have Superhero Saturday, where they would show an episodes each of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena.

I loved Xena, but HATED HATED HATED when Gabrielle got that stupid short haircut, and that ridiculous powder weapon.

Oh and Joxer and Ares were so cool!

RAID
13-12-07, 21:43
yes. But Lucy lawless must be the xena. There cant be another xena if you ask me.
I agree :tmb: Lucy's the best.

Gotta go. Gonna watch Ep 17 :p

Tomb Raider 5194
13-12-07, 21:48
Ohhh I loved Xena and was devastated when it ended and how it ended but the series was very enjoyable! :D

Quasimodo
13-12-07, 21:50
I loved that show as a little kid! (that was back when I had antennas on my TV) I used to steal my dad's electrical tape so I could make Zena and Callisto Barbies :p (my aunt said they looked like bondage barbies :vlol:)

bloodstormaoa
13-12-07, 22:10
I loved that show as a little kid! (that was back when I had antennas on my TV) I used to steal my dad's electrical tape so I could make Zena and Callisto Barbies :p (my aunt said they looked like bondage barbies :vlol:)

Lol!......Bondage barbies........:vlol:

As far as i know, a Xena movie had been in the pipeline for a while, but I think it was canned.....

Used to love Herc too....not as much as Xena though :D

Veronica Ma
13-12-07, 22:16
Well, are there? :pHell yeah! Kick-ass females rock! :D

I haven't seen any Xena DVD's out, but I'm sure gonna start looking now. :D

NightWish
13-12-07, 22:22
Used to love Herc too....not as much as Xena though :D

Kevin Sorbo used to be so hooooooot! KULL THE CONQUERER! :cln: LOL!

I loved Xena, but HATED HATED HATED when Gabrielle got that stupid short haircut, and that ridiculous powder weapon.

I also find gabrielle's existance quite pointlesss :( Shew keeps ruining the action and adds teh useless drama! Just like toby gard does to Tomb raider now :( :( :(

Oh and Joxer and Ares were so cool!

:jmp: Joxer the mighty!
hes very tidy!
With gabrielle as a side-kick!
Fighting with her little stick!
Its JOXEEEEEEER its Joxer the mighty :jmp:

I also really like how afridita was made! lol so funny! :vlol: But Zeus was very dissapointing.

oocladableeblah
13-12-07, 22:32
I used to watch it and I used to have the video game for ps1, but I don't really care about it anymore.

NightWish
13-12-07, 22:37
is it ok to be worried? :(

http://www.scifidesktop.org.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=164&pos=27

bloodstormaoa
13-12-07, 22:47
is it ok to be worried? :(

http://www.scifidesktop.org.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=164&pos=27

Not very Xena-like, but Lucy still looks hot :tmb: Lol!

ajrich17901
14-12-07, 04:26
OH I USED TO LOVE THIS SHOW!! LOL

I used to watch it with my older sister when i was growin up i was realy young haha, i always thought China the wwe wrestler was Xena O.O lol

Chiki Mina
14-12-07, 04:55
Xena!!!!! :jmp::jmp: I love doing the battle cry :p.

I love the interacation between Ares and Xena :mis:

Kerrigan
14-12-07, 13:31
I used to watch that when I was a kid!I never knew the complete story, because I didn't watch it on a regular basis, but still, it was entertaining.

Lara Croft!
14-12-07, 14:58
I'm a huge fan!

RAID
14-12-07, 18:23
Got Season 3 today :D

Chiki Mina
14-12-07, 18:25
Pft...I have all of them not :pi:

Laras Backpack
14-12-07, 18:27
Ancient history, sword fights, magic, mythology and strong lesibian undertones?

Hell yeah! :jmp:

I haven't watched it in ages though.

Chiki Mina
14-12-07, 18:29
The lesbian-friendship-love thing was boring for me. I love when Ares shows up. He seems to always spice things up :D.

remote91
14-12-07, 18:47
Lol Xena was very entertaining but now when I watch repeats, I just think, why cant we have another show like this!

Chiki Mina
14-12-07, 18:57
I miss Lucy Lawless as Xena :(. I *think* they had to stop the series because of Kevin's (I think is the actor's name who plays Ares) was filming a movie, fell, and died.

I'm not sure if they ended the series because of his death or because they thought it was time to end it.

Pipolinne
14-12-07, 19:21
A fan I'm :D!

It was dreadful,Lucy had to acting skills, but it was great! Exciting, surprising,great fighting scenes ( I think Xena actually is now the pattern for female fighters,in TV shows),sometimes, the plot was intelligent...damn,it was a good show,though it shouldn't,lol.

RAID
14-12-07, 20:48
I miss Lucy Lawless as Xena :(. I *think* they had to stop the series because of Kevin's (I think is the actor's name who plays Ares) was filming a movie, fell, and died.

I'm not sure if they ended the series because of his death or because they thought it was time to end it.
Actors are replaced all the time. Like Hades in fact. I remember 2 guys playing Hades.

Chiki Mina
14-12-07, 20:59
True.

But that is what I have read. *shrugs*.

Maybe fans didn't want Kevin to be replaced. Ares was very popular.

Twilight
15-12-07, 01:53
i saw it when i was like 3 or 4. i only remember her, and some blond girl, and Xena took some horse to somewhere. and then had a heart in her hand? thats the only ep i remember.

kill bill
15-12-07, 01:59
Such memorys

BoyTRaider
15-12-07, 02:06
I loved this show so much!! Used to watch it all the time in my early years. :D

bloodstormaoa
15-12-07, 02:08
Remember Callisto???

Now she was a true Nemesis.......there were many times I thought she could defeat Xena easily :D

rowanlim
15-12-07, 06:09
AWWWWW i loved the show before...always watched it :p

But its no longer airing in Malaysia...& i can't find the DVD to watch it again :o

erosan
15-12-07, 07:32
i love this show, i basically grew up watching it every week =]

rowanlim
15-12-07, 11:22
She was the ult woman for me back then: strong, smart, beautiful :p

Carmyn18
17-12-07, 02:33
Xena was the best, I remember when I was a little kid I would always watch it. Calisto was my favorite and still is lol.

RAID
18-12-07, 15:49
Don't you just love that scream?

KFw70MILNOc

jackali
18-12-07, 16:25
Ah Xena, now those were the good ol' days. Bad acting didn't matter. :p Seriously though, I love this show, it's hilarious. The stories never really made sense, like Callisto being the both the father of Xena's child, and being the soul of Eve herself... but that didn't matter, it was still good. :p

bloodstormaoa
21-12-07, 11:48
My complete Xena collection arrived today....In a nice , spiffy box. Only now do I discover that all Region 2/3/4 copies of Xena are devoid of special features......you, know....the ones LAVISHED upon the American (R1) audience.

Thats completely ridiculous!!! That sort of thing should not happen nowadays! Favouritist special treatment to one Region.....while the rest get nothing :mad:

****ing ridiculous!!!!!!!

EDIT: ZOMFG!!!! No subtitles either!!!

Ah, well at least i've got Xena :D :jmp: And I'm sure I can watch the SF on-line somewhere :D

MyList88
21-12-07, 21:22
God, I loved Xena!!!

I still like it. I should start watching it again!

OMG, the season finale with Hope and Gabrielle was truely amazing!

Sekhraider
21-12-07, 21:28
When Xena was popular, I loved that show. Hercules was cool too. I would often compare Xena and Hercules to She-Ra and He-Man:D. The guy that played Ares in "Xena" was cute as hell:D

Angelus
21-12-07, 21:29
I never really watched the show, but I had the PS1 game. :p

EDIT: I was looking for the PS1 game and found this. (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/3003464/-/Product.html?searchstring=Xena&searchsource=0) I didn't know there was a PS2 game...

NightWish
21-12-07, 21:46
When Xena was popular, I loved that show. Hercules was cool too. I would often compare Xena and Hercules to She-Ra and He-Man:D. The guy that played Ares in "Xena" was cute as hell:D

he was a very weird ares thhough. But Hercules is teh real eye cabdy. though he is kinda old now

jagged halo
21-12-07, 21:48
I never really watched the show, but I had the PS1 game. :p

EDIT: I was looking for the PS1 game and found this. (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/3003464/-/Product.html?searchstring=Xena&searchsource=0) I didn't know there was a PS2 game...

OMG! I didn't know that either... Must try and get it. Typical, though... Gabrielle's been captured again, just like the first game.

NightWish
21-12-07, 21:52
My predidtion is that the game is incredibly stupid. Most games based on movies and tv shows are.but do tell how it turns out

Angelus
21-12-07, 21:52
OMG! I didn't know that either... Must try and get it. Typical, though... Gabrielle's been captured again, just like the first game.

I know... I'm trying to track down the PSone game. :p I might get the PS2 game after Christmas.

bloodstormaoa
21-12-07, 22:36
I know... I'm trying to track down the PSone game. :p I might get the PS2 game after Christmas.

I wouldn't bother :p

Both are nearly unplayable, buggy messes. They have some cool ideas.....but all are extremely poorly implemented :(

Angelus
21-12-07, 22:40
I wouldn't bother :p

Both are nearly unplayable, buggy messes. They have some cool ideas.....but all are extremely poorly implemented :(

I quite liked throwing the disc thing and controlling it.

Everytime I hear Xena's scream thing I think of Andrew wheelchair fight with Anya!

MyList88
21-12-07, 22:44
I quite liked throwing the disc thing and controlling it.

Everytime I hear Xena's scream thing I think of Andrew wheelchair fight with Anya!

omg me, too.

awwww that was the finale, too wasn't it?

Angelus
21-12-07, 22:48
omg me, too.

awwww that was the finale, too wasn't it?

I think it's the second to last episode. After the bomb goes off in the sewer, and Anya and Andrew go to the hospital and take all of the medicines and stuff.

Sekhraider
21-12-07, 22:51
he was a very weird ares thhough. But Hercules is teh real eye cabdy. though he is kinda old now
Yea he was a weird Ares. He seemed a little flambouyant but he sure wanted Xena soo bad and she would always reject him. Actually I take that back..I think she gave into him a few times but ultimately she rejected him lol:p

Hercules was alright but I found him to be a bit too hairy for me lol. Although the guy who played him looked really cool in that "Kull: The Conqueror movie".:)

jackali
21-12-07, 22:53

Kinda old? Kinda dead don't you mean?

Oh, you meant Hercules? Whoops, frazzled brain.