PDA

View Full Version : Princess Diana

findme
14-12-07, 18:10
With the recent stuff about her and all, I decided to make a thread.

So 10 years later and the case is still strong if not it's growing even stronger. So what do you guys think of all the controversies, what are your opinions on the whole thing? I thought it'd be a nice debatable thread.

jamieoliver22
14-12-07, 18:12
I think everyone should just leave her to rest for once. All this about her all the time, it is sodding pathetic - just leave her be.

scion05
14-12-07, 18:12
I think everyone should just leave her to rest for once. All this about her all the time, it is sodding pathetic - just leave her be.

Ditto :tmb:

I wonder if we'll be saying this about Madeline flamin' McCann in ten years time.... :p

xcrushterx
14-12-07, 18:13
Yeah, I agree with Jamie on this one. It's been 10 years and people still won't let her rest in peace. I know I wouldn't like it if it were me.

george_croft
14-12-07, 18:15

Exactly, she died because of the media, paparazzi, and because of peoples obsession with her. May her soul rest in peace.

findme
14-12-07, 18:16
I agree and disagree at the sametime. I mean if the person who DID plot this whole thing, they can't just let this person be free as if he/she didn't do anything, but at the sametime there maybe no plot at all, that's why I think the investigation is still going on. But on the larger sense, yes I think they should stop.

ajrich17901
14-12-07, 18:18
I have no idea what to think anymore i think the paparazi killed her she was an amazing woman and thats how i look up to her she took a stand when no one else would

Cochrane
14-12-07, 18:25
The problem is that her death was just wrong for the masses. Nothing glorious or glamorous, instead just driving with a drunk driver. Besides, as she was chased by paparazzi, it means that on some level, everyone who followed her life through the press is partly responsible.

I can understand why people don't want their heroes to die such a way. Conspiracy theories are a way of dealing with this on an emotional level. It's kind of a ritualized version of screaming "No! That can't have happened!" out of pain.

However, that does not make the conspiracy theories right, and in too large degrees, they can be even harmful, because they instill fear and distrust where none is needed, and they keep the bad in bad events alive many years after the events have happened. So for this reason, I'm not very tolerant of them.

rowanlim
15-12-07, 05:11
She didn't deserve a life & death so full of speculation... :(

Legends
15-12-07, 06:03
Diana will always be a hot topic, I don't think they'll ever will going to let her rest.

Gabi
15-12-07, 10:15
I doubt that the reasons for her death will ever be known with certainty.
I do find it unnecessary, though, that in the course of trying to establish the truth her private letters (or parts of them) are being made public. For crying out loud: they were not written to be read by every Smith and Jones.

myrmaad
15-12-07, 10:20
All the speculation hurts her sons over and over, and I know she wouldn't have wanted that. Their wounds are the ones that can't heal. I would have liked justice, but I would have liked common sense. The crazed papparazzi are driven by consumer demand, so you and I are complicit in her senseless and tragic death. In fact western consumers are complicit in most world tragedies. We are terribly bad stewards of power.