Apofiss
14-12-07, 22:00
Requested by Nightwish.

gtkilla
14-12-07, 22:03
Herbs! :D

MiCkiZ88
I'll go with herbs. I would love to see something similiar to MGS3 where he uses plants to heal different things on his body. Be it an wound or poisoning.

SLY
herbs sounds good to me better than my idea of potions lol what was i thinking

SamReeves
Medpack. Herbs are for hippies. :p

Cristina
14-12-07, 22:04
I VOTED FOR THE CLASSIC MEDIPACKS!!!:p

I dont like the herbs because it remenber the resident evil games...

Sorry,bad enghlis!:ton:

RAID
Medipacks of course, but if it's time for a change, I'd like Herbs.

Just as long as we have to search and find them. I don't want some safe room where you can heal using a sacred mystical tree or a healing fountain or whatever. :S

Either are fine with me.

Sara Croft
Medipacks. :]

kooky
Medipacks are better. ;)

Quasimodo
14-12-07, 22:05
Since she's going to be in an underworld, she could just pull down her cowl and feast on a few wandering souls.

Angelus
Medpack. Herbs are for hippies. :p

And stoners.

Medipacks FTW! YEEEAH!! WOOOOOOOO!

SamReeves
Since she's going to be in an underworld, she could just pull down her cowl and feast on a few wandering souls.

LOL!! :vlol:

gotha-666
14-12-07, 22:08
herbs, i want to have that ancient feeling of tomb raiding.... u know....

ThomasCroft
Herbs. It's more believable. As much as a high level of realism doesn't belong in Tomb Raider, finding medi-packs in an underworld would be ridiculously distracting and draw me out of the game.

tomblover
Other.

Medipacks, with a twist.

Medipacks will contain bandages, pills, salves, et cetera, using them will take time, (Taking the medipack out, taking whatever you need, using it on your body, putting it back.) making it useful only for recovery after battling.

They'd have to implement some sort of visible bruise/cut/scratch system, like with dirt and water, for it to work.

Oh, and you'd only find them on human foes.

RAID
14-12-07, 22:11
Oh, and you'd only find them on human foes.

Disagreed.

I'd rather have them lying around and having to search. They motivate you to explore.

NightWish
14-12-07, 22:12
I will vote medipacks

BTW I made an imortent thread :jmp:

Yuna´s Wish
14-12-07, 22:13
Herbs :)

Tear
14-12-07, 22:14
Doesn't really matter to me.

tombraiderluka
14-12-07, 22:14
Herbs,eh? :eek:
I voted medipacks...But clearly she won't be able to find any in underworld,and as they said not many people will be the enemies so I dunno now :D

tomblover
14-12-07, 22:15
I'd rather have them lying around and having to search. They motivate you to explore. Maybe with human foes, and old skellies lying around in the Underworld. :)

raiderfun
14-12-07, 22:16
I chose other. I just want a new system :)

Herbs ? That's crazy , Lara is a human and the game should be realistic ;)

MiCkiZ88
14-12-07, 22:19
I chose other. I just want a new system :)

Herbs ? That's crazy , Lara is a human and the game should be realistic ;)Well picking up herbs is way more realistic than finding really random medipacks lying around in ancient ruins that no one has ever been in. :p

And the game isn't about realism. Nor is she human.

Apofiss
14-12-07, 22:20
Herbs would be a perfect match for a gloomie underworld atmosphere; imagine just a few herbs for the whole place, that would give the right survival effect hehe.

Laras Backpack
14-12-07, 22:20
It's not a deal breaker for me, but I prefer medipacks. :) They're classic TR and even though herbs are more realistic for the areas that Lara travels in, they make me think of Resident Evil, not TR.

I don't care that much though.

MiCkiZ88
14-12-07, 22:21
Herbs would be a perfect match for a gloomie underworld atmosphere; imagine just a few herbs for the whole place, that would give the right survival effect hehe.That would be awesome. :tmb:

TRF
14-12-07, 22:22
I'll go with herbs. I would love to see something similiar to MGS3 where he uses plants to heal different things on his body. Be it an wound or poisoning.

Same here....

MadCroy101
14-12-07, 22:23
i don't know why, i like herbs, *cough*jade cacoon*cough*

NightWish
14-12-07, 22:23
I just realised - there is this problem about haveng herbs. the name is underworld. this pretty much means Underground and I cant see how herbs will be growingg in there

raiderfun
14-12-07, 22:26
Well picking up herbs is way more realistic than finding really random medipacks lying around in ancient ruins that no one has ever been in. :p

And the game isn't about realism. Nor is she human.

Yup, but the fact of eating herbs is just so weird , I totally agree with you concerning the medicapacks it would be so stupid If we get them in temples etc.... And herbs , do you think it is logical if we find them in places such like Hell, underworld etc where lava is ? And this is why I have chosen "other" ;)

Legends
14-12-07, 22:27
Medipacks. :wve:

TR freak
14-12-07, 22:32
Neither. CD should come up with something original. I trust them to do that.

Quasimodo
14-12-07, 22:32
After some more thought, if CD sticks with medipacks - however unrealistic it may be to find them scattered at random across the landscape - it might speed up game production. Finding the medipacks is part of the fun, no?

Sedge
14-12-07, 22:33
They could be some special kinds of herbs that grow in the Underworld.. Or plants that grow berries of some sorts that you'd have to collect as bunches. Hmm. :)

trXD
14-12-07, 22:37
i hope they dont make it to complicated so i just chose medipacks but she should steal them of people. But on the over hand, every thing else in this game is done to the extreme so why stop there?

NightWish
14-12-07, 22:37
Sedge when you wrote beeries I read bunnies :vlol: I was like HUH?!

Dakaruch
14-12-07, 22:39
medipacks as it always were... :wve:

Alex West
14-12-07, 22:42
Herbs way more inventive! :D

Although actually I think a mix would be the best - I assume Lara would take a few with her but once you use them then I don't think it makes sense to find any lying around other than from fallen enemies. :p

Also, very slight healing over time makes sense - only a little though. :)

Spikey
14-12-07, 22:42
I'd like her to find different healing items in different situations, for example when exploring jungles she can find herbs, but she can also find medipacks from dead bodies or in urban environments, if the game has any.

I'm not sure what she'd find in the Underworld that would be good for her health though. :confused:

maximum_123
14-12-07, 22:50
Herbs sounds fun...

MoonSword
14-12-07, 22:54
I voted classic medipacks. I do think it is one of the strongest TR's trademarks.

Reggie
14-12-07, 22:55
Herbs n. (gaming.)
Diversifies gameplay of a game
Provides an alternative to medipacks
Somewhat more realistic
Has potential to be curative of many different forms of illness and injuryExamples of usage.
"I used herbs in TR to restore her life, although I had to usea knife to cut it from the ground first"
"Be careful! that herb may be poisonous but it could be used to kill enemies."

:D

Sir Croft
14-12-07, 22:57
I voted for herbs but I want them both. But not like Anniversary where you could find medipacks in the cave. Either you find it when killing mercs (very few medipacks) or you look for herbs.

Like, Lara brings 3 of them to the tomb. If she runs out of medipacks, she can try to find herbs (very well hidden!). And if she kills some mercs, maybe she finds one medipack. :D

walk_man
14-12-07, 22:58
I'll go with medipacks, but herbs are welcome too !

cristina8992
14-12-07, 23:00
I voted for herbs, but I wouldn't mind if they used medpacks or other methods.

ben croft
14-12-07, 23:02
Medipacks

:wve:

Sedge
14-12-07, 23:04
Herbs n. (gaming.)
Somewhat more realistic
Has potential to be curative of many different forms of illness and injuryExamples of usage.
"I used herbs in TR to restore her life, although I had to usea knife to cut it from the ground first"

Cutting herbs from the ground.. I really like that idea, more use for the knife aswell! :jmp:

Different kinds of herbs with different curative stengths would be awesome indeed. :) Also some of them could be larger than others and so the effect would be greater aswell.. :D

danny.rex
14-12-07, 23:25
I would love to see what they come up with, so I selected 'other'

I see too many voted for 'medipacks', come on people, lets be more open minded :P

danny.rex
14-12-07, 23:27
Herbs n. (gaming.)
Somewhat more realistic

this sold me the herbs idea, too late to change my vote

ThomasCarter
14-12-07, 23:39
Why not Lucazade :cln::cln: Full Of Energy And Brain Power :cln::cln:

Sonic_Eclipse
14-12-07, 23:42
Normally I would say medipacks, but it's gonna be fun to see how the herbs work out.

coolaideonfire
14-12-07, 23:43
Other - I wouldn't mind both :)

Maybe herbs are sporadically placed outside, and medi-packs can be found near human enemy remains (and the remains of previous explorers).

Lara's #1 Pal
14-12-07, 23:45
I voted other, but i think it should be a mixture of both.

Small MP 50%

Large MP 100%

Lara starts with 2 small and 1 large MP.

Merc's drop small MP's.

Past explorers skeletons in the under world often have large MP's in their bag.

Lara heals herself 5% every 10 min.

Lara finds herbs along the way for 20% health.

Thats what I think anyway.

Twilight
14-12-07, 23:47

Maybe herbs are sporadically placed outside, and medi-packs can be found near human enemy remains (and the remains of previous explorers).

ditto. both gives variety also :)

Catlantean
14-12-07, 23:48
I don't particularly care for as long as Lara can heal :D But medipacks make more sense. To have any effect from most herbs, you need to prepare extracts and whatnot, which takes way too long for Lara to actually do it in the wild...I mean, she could pick up a leaf of some herb that has disinfecting properties and put it on a wound if she's low on medipacks, but that's about it.

Jin Uzuki
14-12-07, 23:56
Search for herbs in the wild for me. :D

Reggie
15-12-07, 00:01
I don't particularly care for as long as Lara can heal :D But medipacks make more sense. To have any effect from most herbs, you need to prepare extracts and whatnot, which takes way too long for Lara to actually do it in the wild...I mean, she could pick up a leaf of some herb that has disinfecting properties and put it on a wound if she's low on medipacks, but that's about it.

I think all of the options you discussed there require a certain degree of suspending ones disbelief but do most actually know you need to prepare it as an extract? I think there would be less of a necessity to suspend ones disbelief for either medipacks or preparing extract than for a more diverse yet realistic herbs system. Medipacks are fine but I think TR could easily move on from it now.

I'm not advocating a full MGS3 style system but I honestly think TR got robbed of that kind of survival element by Kojima who took the initiative first.

Aurelien52
15-12-07, 00:28
Actually medipacks + herbs would be good.

Reggie
15-12-07, 00:32
^Good point and that would be a good compromise come to think of it :/
So medipacks can be for pickups and herbs for obtaining inside Tombs or isolated places perhaps.

Pipolinne
15-12-07, 00:33
i want Lara to find medipacks on places like the underworld :D!

Drone
15-12-07, 00:36
Other for me. It means no healing at all. Only in checkpoints or beginning of the level she would have full health and then do what you can

jamieoliver22
15-12-07, 00:38
Both? :p I voted for herbs because I love how the health system works on MGS3, and it would be nice if something was implemented similar to that too. It would be good to have a few medipacks scatted about the place too, in tombs and such.

amlai
15-12-07, 00:58
I go for the classics medipacks, i had a bad taste with AoD healing type.

tombraider123
15-12-07, 01:13
Herbs will be a good change imo.

MMAN
15-12-07, 01:20
Other. Herbs, along with various other things to heal with (like MGS3, although probably with broken limbs removed).

raiderfun
15-12-07, 01:20
What about including fruits & vegetables ? She'll find them whenever she goes, I just find the idea of including herbs weird :p

trXD
15-12-07, 01:24
What about including fruits & vegetables ? She'll find them whenever she goes, I just find the idea of including herbs weird :p

lol fruits and vegetables? I can just imagine her on a commercial "Fruit and vegetables from morrisons keep me fit and strong! Buy some today and you get a copy of my latest game:D"

nick-xx
15-12-07, 03:26
lol fruits and vegetables? I can just imagine her on a commercial "Fruit and vegetables from morrisons keep me fit and strong! Buy some today and you get a copy of my latest game:D"

:vlol:, now ontopic still classic medipack :)

t.A.T.u./LCLuvr
15-12-07, 03:35
I picked other- i think that her health should just regenerate

danny.rex
15-12-07, 03:37

that's a good idea, also you could get some from the few guys Lara has to fight with

danny.rex
15-12-07, 03:40
I voted other, but i think it should be a mixture of both.

Small MP 50%

Large MP 100%

Lara starts with 2 small and 1 large MP.

Merc's drop small MP's.

Past explorers skeletons in the under world often have large MP's in their bag.

Lara heals herself 5% every 10 min.

Lara finds herbs along the way for 20% health.

Thats what I think anyway.

and this is another good idea, only disagree with the heal herself part, I don't think there is need for it

Necromanser
15-12-07, 03:42
Medipacs.

Sekhraider
15-12-07, 03:42
I would prefer the medipacks or whatever else can she carry in her first aid kit:)

Endow
15-12-07, 03:46
Something more realistic that takes time. Perhaps that's something that could make the game harder. Instant medipacks are too arcade for today's games imo.

Genocide
15-12-07, 04:14
Other: I'd prefer something similar to the survival viewer in MGS 3
Using different items to treat different wounds, like the bandages and ointment to sort out burns, or the need to dig bullets out with a knife, or cure yourself from poisonous snake bites etc

silver_wolf
15-12-07, 04:19
Exactly! Like I said before, no more of this "one size fits all" medpack guff.

TRexbait
15-12-07, 05:22
Herbs, maybe you could chose the herbs that you are going to use, AND ACCIDENTALLY GET A POISONOUS PLANT!!:cln:

rowanlim
15-12-07, 05:32
Herbs...what are the chances of finding medipacks in the UNDERWORLD? hehe :p :rolleyes:

Bowie
15-12-07, 07:03
Herbs...what are the chances of finding medipacks in the UNDERWORLD? hehe :p :rolleyes:
Maybe she can buy special reparative monster potions for a few Underworld dollars a pint.

CAISACO
15-12-07, 07:04
The classic Medi packs! :wve:

Power-Evolution
15-12-07, 07:17
I voted for Medipacks (but Classic-Medipacks with new)

Little-Lara
15-12-07, 07:29
Lets just leave the herbs for Resident Evil. :tmb: Medipacks are Lara's classic; never mind that crazy crunch bar from AOD. :cln:

Lara's Backpack
15-12-07, 07:47
I agree with several posts above "herbs are for hippies"

it almost actually sounds like something Lara would say aswell.

Little-Lara
15-12-07, 07:50
I agree with several posts above "herbs are for hippies"

it almost actually sounds like something Lara would say aswell.

:confused: what the...! mints, and basil and cilantro are herbs too, and we all eat them.

Ohhh well, :rolleyes:

Atrum Angelus
15-12-07, 09:28
I don't care about medipacks much, herbs sound kinda weird, I can't imagine how would that look like, I'd like something like water drinking from the POP.

Kerrigan
15-12-07, 09:28
On one hand, Medpacks are a classic solution, but "herbs" sounds more interesting.It caught my attention immediately.I suppose they could go for a little change though.

Kamnelomo
15-12-07, 09:30
It would be strange a bit if medipacks will lay on the ground of an abandoned tomb...

Kerrigan
15-12-07, 09:32
It would be strange a bit if medipacks will lay on the ground of an abandoned tomb...
They always do.:p

Kamnelomo
15-12-07, 09:45
They always do.:p

Yes, and it was not funny in Anniversary. Legend had medipacks in mercenaries, excluding motorbike levels.
If they want TRU to be more realistic than other games... put herbs in.

NightWish
15-12-07, 09:55

Its even tranger for ammo to lay around but that has nnever stopped me being a tr fan

Alex Fly
15-12-07, 10:46
Medipacks of course ! :tmb:

dannyb
15-12-07, 10:48
i dont really mind if they put in medpacks or herbs as long as they dont put in the chocolate bar's from AOD.
"arghh a lion just bit my arm off, lets have a YORKIE" :D

paulwork
15-12-07, 10:51
Well, its pretty clear that so far most people are opting for Medipacks. It's Lara's birthright to find a medipack on a ledge somewhere (and not disgarded by a troop full of Mercs):cln:

I will - yes, I'm being quite bold here... I will allow them to include herbs additionally IF they cure only certain specific things. E.g. only deadly scorpion stings can be cured by a certain type of herb which prevents a depleting health bar which a medipack can't repair.

Devilian
15-12-07, 11:11
No life bar :jmp: One really fatal hit ---> death. Like in Assassin's Creed.

NightWish
15-12-07, 11:11
I hope this poll helps crystal to make a desision :D

Marija_Croft
15-12-07, 12:07
Herbs, sound great! :D

Tonyrobinson
15-12-07, 12:19
I think she should be healed by the animals she kills say a crow and have a type of Oblivion thing going and eat the animal meat. I opt herbs too I'm open for new things.

tr fan 4 ever
15-12-07, 12:22
of course medipack

PoetOfTheLife
15-12-07, 12:40
Herbs.They are in Resident Evil 4.You can mix them,and they are more logical.

Sir Croft
15-12-07, 12:44
As long as it's not magical, I don't care if it's MPs or herbs :)

kryptonite23
15-12-07, 12:47
Herbs for me :yah:

Greenkey2
15-12-07, 12:58
Medipacks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :D

Lara Croft!
15-12-07, 13:28
Medipacks! I mean ... it's a TR game!

-DaNnEe..
15-12-07, 13:44
Medipacks :wve:

Ward Dragon
15-12-07, 13:50
I voted for herbs. I figure they'll be harder to spot than medipacks, so it would be more fun to search for them :) I don't care too much either way, though, and I figure that CD will end up using both. Like, Lara would bring a few medipacks with her and find them on the few mercenaries she fights (or some other thing that makes sense) and then we'd have to search for healing plants if we need more health items.

No life bar :jmp: One really fatal hit ---> death. Like in Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed had a life bar :confused:

larson n natla
15-12-07, 14:01
medipacks but i dont want a sigh then full health i want to see lara apply the bandage or antidote that would make it more real :)

Mytly
15-12-07, 14:01
Medipacks all the way. They may not be "realistic", but they are part of the essence of TR. AoD tried out more "realistic" options like bandages and pills (and for some weird reason, chocolate :confused:) and made a royal mess of it. Stick to medipacks.

b0bb13
15-12-07, 14:23
Medipacks:)

silver_wolf
15-12-07, 15:37
Assassin's Creed had a life bar :confused:
Maybe they were really bad at it?
If we must have medpacks, then I suggest making them more interactive: specific things for specific wounds, and sometimes stuff could be missing from a medpack.

pEhouse
15-12-07, 15:40
I say stick to Medipacks. I don't see why anything should change about that?

Endow
15-12-07, 15:45
I've been thinking and I think I'd like to see the save/checkpoint system fused with the healing system. Lara would heal once you saved/reached a checkpoint.

An animation showing her sitting and using tending to her hounds (using an actual medpack or something) or something like that would be cool. Then the image would fade to black and the game would restart in the same place with Lara's hounds healed and some weather change would tell us that some time had passed (hours).

Yeah that's what I'd like to see :)

This would mean of course that you would not to be able to heal at all between save/checkpoints which would make the game more exciting to me.