PDA

View Full Version : My LITTLE sister is a Bully!

danitiwa
14-12-07, 22:36
I don't know what to do, or what to tell my parents, but ever since my little sister was born she's screamed, kicked, craved attention, hit others, been unbearable.

Now she's 10 years old, and she still breaks out hitting people and being EVIL, she's made my mom, AND me cry. She bullies people! Sometimes I think she's an antichrist. I'm supposed to be babysitting her, and we just got into an argument, she punched me in the ovaries (which REALLY hurts.) and ran off screaming. I shouted insults at her, told her she's a little ***** and similar (Not smart, I know.). She just kept hitting me and screaming and then ran off to her room.

I don't know what to do, I've told my parents to take her to a psychologist or something, because it gets worse like all the time. My mom is going to have an early grave because of her. And my mother is a very nervous woman in general. My dad can't do much about it, because he's not home all day, but even when he gets back she gets him high on the nerves too.

I'm not allowed to hit back, so I insult her, because I'm so angry. And I know that's the worst mistake ever, but I can't even defend myself. She can make people older than her break out crying. She's so hard to handle. She's up in her room right now, but I don't know how to handle her.

I seriously don't understand if she has human emotions sometimes. And she complains about having no friends.

TombRaiderLover
14-12-07, 22:39
My little sister (11) can be very angry and argumentative too. Usually once or twice every day. Drives me up the wall. Even worse, she constantly sings around me to deliberately annoy me; I hate her singing.

;)

Betal
14-12-07, 22:43
Oh god. If my little brother would punch me or anything I would forgett that he's my brother. I would..... Do something terrible.

My tip to you is to give your sister a big fat ***** slap. She doesn't deserve anything else.

Edit:
Or follow Tomb Raider 5194's tip and talk to her.:p

Tomb Raider 5194
14-12-07, 22:44
Have you tried telling her that if she keeps being aggressive she won't have any friends or have you tried to talk to her to find out why she is this way? IMO sisters listen to their sister more than to their parents. :)

ilovetrnowtydale
14-12-07, 22:46
my sister(15) is worse then all of your sisters put togther. And to top it off shes the queen of the chavs And another thing is i have a two year old sister who is a bully becuase she hits me in the "manly bits" and it realy hurts and i can't even insult her. :mad:

Kiwi..
14-12-07, 22:46
In one way, I'll say Betal is right.
It looks like she doesn't know how to be to other people.
Does she allways get her will?

Mr.Burns
14-12-07, 22:47
Sounds to me like a severe lack of discipline. A therapist might help but perhaps a teenage boot camp might slap some sense into her. Either way it sounds like your parents aren't taking a stronger stance with her and she interprets this as being allowed to do what she wants.

Dakaruch
14-12-07, 22:47
perhaps she is having troubles at school or something and then she uses you as her "punch bag"... she charges on her family to get rid of her problems!
perhaps it would be good to take her to a psychologist!

Rexie
14-12-07, 22:50
lock her in the basement or Garage for 4 hours.That is what I used to do with my cousin who almost broke my computer one time,they come for a visit EVERY year,Then I slapped him and forced him to apologize,I almost needed a new computer...but since I am a total computer geek I could fix it....

I can be really evil when someone messes up my computer...when I say evil,i mena EVIL!!!

ilovetrnowtydale
14-12-07, 22:51
why is everyone suggesting a psychologist when it might well be something at school i don't think that a psychologist will do muhc to a 10 year old!

spikejones
14-12-07, 22:51
Ah, brings back memories. I think me and my sister fought like such for about 13 years, then I moved out (not because of her) when I came back for visits, things were more peaceful, we even hang out sometimes now. And yeah, I hated her singing as well. Sibling rivalry is normal, some people are worse than others though. Being a guy, I never hit my sister and it was hell being scratched all the time.

My experience with bullies otherwise has been that once I popped them in the face real good, they left me alone.

Bumio
14-12-07, 22:55
children like that may cause serious troubles in the future and will suffer because of that. u are not allowed to punch her back? well then, she has unlimited power if she is allowed to do whatever she wants. i really dont like when u have to hit and strike back to children, but in situation like this its the only way :( children must be nurtured wisely, with tender, discipline and severity.

ilovetrnowtydale
14-12-07, 23:00
nah all we need is a god taking care off and everything we want.:ton:

scion05
14-12-07, 23:01
Dani, next time that little cow starts, slap her into next week :)

ilovetrnowtydale
14-12-07, 23:02
kick her so hard she goes flying from were you are to the hospital!

scion05
14-12-07, 23:04
( but make sure it's closed first )
LOL :p

ilovetrnowtydale
14-12-07, 23:06
true gotta be closed so she can go through the window

Admles
14-12-07, 23:19
My sister used to be a little ***** for hitting and of course, being the big older brother I wasn't allowed to hit back.

So after a while, I got sick of it and started hitting back anyway. Sure, I got in trouble for it, but after a while she stopped hitting because in the end I didn't care about getting hit by my parents.

Andariel
14-12-07, 23:21
I hope you have a lock on your door. If not then you should get one. :p

Angelus
14-12-07, 23:27
Warn her that if she doesn't stop then you're going to smack her so hard she won't be able to sit down for a week.

;)

Apofiss
14-12-07, 23:43
Dani, have her attention, talk to her... try to make her understand the right/wrong attitude in a welcoming manner.

cristina8992
14-12-07, 23:49
See, now this is why I'm glad I'm a single child.:p
You should just try being nice to her instead of getting angry... I know it's hard, but it's worth a try.
And if that doesn't work... Tell her that you'll burn all her toys if she doesn't behave well.:mis:

Earthcane
14-12-07, 23:50
Dani, have her attention, talk to her... try to make her understand the right/wrong attitude in a welcoming manner.
Priceless advice, Apofiss :tmb:

It beats locking her in a closet anyway... :whi:
All kids are attention seekers, even the demonically possesed ones. They crave it by the bucket load. I agree with Dakaruch: maybe she's venting her rage on your family, that builds up when she's at school :confused:

Admles
14-12-07, 23:57
This also reminds me of a female friend of mine (25) who used to slap guys across the face when she lost an arguement...... we told her to cut it out, that someone eventually would slap right back....... and sure enough it happened...... she slapped the wrong guy, who slapped back, she even tried pressing charges but EVERY witness told the police that she started it, so it was dropped...... she's never slapped anyone since

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-12-07, 00:11
Believe it or not, my sister's the same way. Well, maybe a little less... Anti-Christ-like? It's really annoying, I seriously think she's lost it sometimes. :o I'm not sure what you can do about it though, since she's only 11? But just know that usually, children grow out of that kind of thing. Give her a couple of years; she might completely turn her behavior around once she matures.

trXD
15-12-07, 00:19
my sister is horible aswell and so is the rest of my family. I just tend to isolate myself from them as much as possible, we are just roomates nothing more nothing less. I shouldnt feel pressured by society to love them as family. Like 4 years ago when i went through my fat phase for about 6 months my family made fun of me and i think they should be totally ashamed! I was only 9!:mad:

Oh sorry im getting a little of topic. Anywho just try to ignore her the best you can, thats all you can really do i guess.

remote91
15-12-07, 00:25
I would give her the biggest slap in the face that she will ever recieve and then tell her to treat me with some respect.

Benguitar
15-12-07, 00:27
Hmm... I don't have a little sister... I have a little brother. But sometimes he is cool sometimes he is a butt head.

I would just talk to your parents alone about it and don't freak out...

Earthcane
15-12-07, 00:34
I'm the youngest in my family, so....... :whi:

Capt. Murphy
15-12-07, 00:37
It's easy to 'hurt' or punish someone by... say, whipping or slapping them. But I'm guessing your family isn't into that sort of thing... Am I right?

Were you a brat when you were her age? If so, what brought you out of it? Growing out of it and realizing what a brat you had been? I'm not saying you were a brat (I don't even know)... Anyone else that knows they were a 'trouble child' can chime in here at any time. :-)

Here's something you could try. Is there anything... any posession of hers that she holds dear? Next time she does something hurtful - give her, say, 1 strike (I'm sure she'll rack 'em up quickly). On the 3rd strike - take that posession away. Keep doing this. If she maintains a period of genuinely acting nice and calm - give something back. As time goes on - up the anty! Lessen the strikes, take something away for a longer period of time, but (maybe) make the reward greater too when she does something good and helpful. I'll let you figure it out (with your Mom when you discuss this possibility with her in private). Take her someplace she'd like to go, or.... whatever. A gift, a treat :cln: .... I dunno.

The idea of making both the reward and punishment greater as time goes on is that she should be learning. I wouldn't reward her for just 'Not acting Bad', since that should be expected of her. Reward her for helping out.

Make it: Bad for Bad, Nothing for Nothing, and Good for Good.

If you (and your mother) feel this method of discipline has gone on long enough, and if she does something really bad... Donate something of hers to charity. Let her know what you're going to do, why you're doing it, and if she does anything like she did before or worse - the same thing will happen. So if she wants to keep anything she likes - she has to keep her temper!

I hope this gives you a good idea of what to do, and/or helps in some way.

Maybe you could even call on... The Super Nanny! >:-D

Although, the fact that your father isn't around much is probably part of the problem.

Have you thought of video taping her when she acts up, then telling her that when she gets older you'll show that video to her friends or people she knows... Just to embarass her?

Let her watch it. Ask her if she thinks it looks right or nice.

Okay. Enough rambling. I just want to help any way I can. :o

Fish.
15-12-07, 00:45
You say you're not allowed to hit her back. She hit you first, right? And she isn't allowed to hit you, right? It's only fair that you try to defend yourself. If you keep letting her do this she's going to think it's OK. If you hit her back, she'll know how bad she hurts other people.

Twilight
15-12-07, 00:54
damn! me and my sis used to fight and have sibling rivalry, but never like that!

if u she tries to hit u again, hit her. i'm serious, she'll never understand the consequences for her actions if u dont "demostrate" it. this is affecting u too, not fighting back. it doesnt matter if she's ur sis, my sis used to hit me alot, but i fought back. she's 17 now, and i'm 14, so its not severe. and i'm a better fighter anyway.

and then tell ur parents to send her to a boot camp. smacks the sense rite into them.

ajrich17901
15-12-07, 05:38
I say give her a huge b**** slap to the face she deserves one

kewlkyle64
15-12-07, 05:48
My brother hit me all the time... Then one day, I knocked him over, kicked him in the face, and told him that's what he gets.

After being grounded for a month, he never bothers me again. :D

Necromanser
15-12-07, 05:49
Punch the **** out of her.It'll work for sure.Just lure her into the attic or basement cover her mouth and do it.Not very smart but she wont bully you again.

Little-Lara
15-12-07, 06:01
Geez, i always see this. Youngest kids of family is always like this. They act this way cause they know it will work, and they know everyone else will give in and they'll get what they want. :(

A start would be to always give them chores around the house and there are always government services that has solutions. it depends where you live. Always treat like anyone else, don't let them feel like they're anyone special and they deserve no special treatment.

Voni
15-12-07, 09:53
Sounds like my little sister. She clearly doesn't receive the same treatment regarding discipline that you do/did. What's that about? It's not your responsibility to make her grow up (as much as she can for a 10 year old), it's your parents. You could make a start by telling them you refuse to babysit her til she stops using you as a punchbag. Maybe then they'll start seeing sense.

Crofty_Tomb
15-12-07, 10:16
next time she does something like that grab her arms hard and shake her. shouting at her tell her how much it hurts and hit her back, ask her if she likes it and she might think about what she has done. thats what i would do.

good luck.

tomblover
15-12-07, 11:02
Strap her onto your knee, bind her feet and hands onto some resistable material, and smack her. HARD.

No one messes with my Leekspin-gal! :cln:

I mean, she hit you. You have all the rights to hit her twice as hard.

Alex Fly
15-12-07, 11:17
Wow...

You have all my support, I hope you'll find a solution quickly. :hug:

I think taking her to a psychologist would be a good idea.

rowanlim
15-12-07, 11:58
wow tough b**** you've got there :p

1. talk to your parents

2. hit back only to DEFEND yourself. there's no need for 2 idiots when 1 is enough.

3. talk to a counselor for advice

4. talk to the little b**** if the coast's clear.

hope you'l be able to solve this & look back 20 yrs from now & laugh together with your sister

Nannonxyay
15-12-07, 12:05
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/dive101/SNannylogo.jpg

super nanny! :D

Voni
15-12-07, 12:24
I know a lot of you are trying to help out, but can I quickly point out that violence solves nothing? Thanks.

Sara Croft
15-12-07, 12:28
I'd hit her back. Sometimes thats the only way they learn.

Greenkey2
15-12-07, 12:47
Sounds to me like a severe lack of discipline. A therapist might help but perhaps a teenage boot camp might slap some sense into her. Either way it sounds like your parents aren't taking a stronger stance with her and she interprets this as being allowed to do what she wants.

This is absolutely true.

From the very start, good behaviour should be prised highly and given lots of attention, and bad behaviour should have the opposite. Otherwise the child grows up thinking they only have to start screaming and the world will fall at their feet.

The same applies to violence - slapping, punching, shouting - towards children. I strongly disagree that the only way to discipline a child is to kick the **** out of them. All this does is to make the child fear and resent the parent, and believe that the violent approach is the way to solve problems.

Dani: if your sister misbehaves, ignore her, shut her in her room for a few minutes, don't look at her, speak to her or do anything that shows you're paying her the slightest attention. If your parents can also do this, it won't be long before she realises that throwing tantrums and attacking people doesn't get her anywhere.

WHEN she calms down, you and your parents need to sit her down and have a serious talk. Make it absolutely clear that her behaviour will not be tolerated. Keep this approach going for as long as it takes - and it could take several months of patient work - and you'll start to see a difference.

It's also very important while working with your sister to look at your family as whole. Perhaps the reason(s) she's misbehaving have something to do with how your family operates. Do you all sit down to meals together every day? Do you talk with your parents? Do you all do things together and also have separate interests?

Don't expect miracles overnight, but don't fall into despair that there's nothing that can be done. If your family pulls together you can sort these problems out.

why is everyone suggesting a psychologist when it might well be something at school i don't think that a psychologist will do muhc to a 10 year old!

Even at ten years old you can still have major psychological problems. If, as is possibly the case, the sister is having problems at school then these need to be sorted out now. Ignoring them will only make them worse; and, as has been mentioned before, she might be behaving badly because that's the only way she feels she can let off steam.

Kids must never be underestimated in terms of their emotional range, and the long-term damage that neglect or maltreatment can cause.

Lara Croft!
15-12-07, 13:25
Taking her to an expert is the best thing to do!

Capt. Murphy
15-12-07, 14:49
Have you ever tried completely ignoring her?

tomblover
15-12-07, 14:52
Have you ever tried completely ignoring her? It'd be a bit hard if the ***** is onto Dani all the time.

Tthe Spirit
15-12-07, 14:56
Tell me about it.
Sometimes little brothers/sisters..
sorry, all the times, younger brothers/sisters can be very annoying and devilish.

The last time, my brother wamted to take my 3dsmax project and tell his professor he did it.
I didnt allow him, so when i was gone he made an account on the forum and logged in with my own account and his account and embarassed me with Justin.

Something helps is disregarding them, but if she hits, well your parents must find a way to teach her to stop it.

Quasimodo
15-12-07, 16:04
Jenni has a good point. If it's friendship and attention she wants maybe some time out will teach her that screaming and hitting isn't the way to get it. Though some problems really can be helped by meds, I'd only look to it as a last resort.

Papas
15-12-07, 16:49
Well I have a brother and he can sometimes be annoying but if she makes you angry, use and combine language.and kick soft to see her reaction.Also say "you are going to kill her for real" and she might stop.
Anyways is your sister Megan from Drake and Josh?

So in order,
1.Do a little kick and see her reaction then if she complains to your parents,say you tripped.
2.Say your going to kill her if she does 1 more thing.
3.Use and combine bad language
4.Hold her and force her to watch comedy movies such as Jackass on youtube.

If none of this works,you can always call me to kick her butt because I am a red belt(almost a black belt),and because you don't like her

MadCroy101
15-12-07, 17:45
My sister is a b****, well, all 6 of them! They eat my toster strudal, they take my stuff, my littlest sister poops in my room while i'm at school, and my brother is just lazy and boring! I got the crap life

gotha-666
15-12-07, 17:49
My little sister (11) can be very angry and argumentative too. Usually once or twice every day. Drives me up the wall. Even worse, she constantly sings around me to deliberately annoy me; I hate her singing.

;)

lol like me im 11, id drive u out of ur mind if i want to, and my kicks are ultra hard, i made a 14 years old BOY CRY... :D but im not annoying, i do it only to my enemies ^^

trXD
15-12-07, 17:52
lol like me im 11, id drive u out of ur mind if i want to, and my kicks are ultra hard, i made a 14 years old BOY CRY... :D but im not annoying, i do it only to my enemies ^^

thats nothing to be proud of...

gotha-666
15-12-07, 17:52
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/dive101/SNannylogo.jpg

super nanny! :D

LMFAO! :vlol:

gimme a missed call, ill come and kick her ass in anytime, or u can lock her in her room for the rest of her life, and let the dog eat the key :D.

yes it is, i mean.... not as a normal, good human being
but as a psycho one... a.k.a me! :D

star girl
15-12-07, 18:39
Well dani, I'm a younger sibling, and still older than you.. I can interpret this clearly and maybe my two cents could perhaps be helpful (though some of my points have been mentioned by the guys here previously.. credit + salutes to them :))

So many people here have mentioned taking her to a psychiatrist.. I strongly object to this - only take her when all else fails.. Thing is, a child at ESPECIALLY this stage (when taken to psychiatrist or anywhere to deal with her 'problems') starts to feel lonely, alienatic and pessimistic. I've had these feelings because I live in a third-world society, and yet followed the American pop culture, and when I was suddenly exposed to "reality" I thought there was a mental fault with me..

My advice = ignore.. As much as you can ONLY when she behaves rashly. When you get a punch, make a face, utter a low but extremely, extremely bad curse, and ignore her for the rest of the day. Then, talk to your parents and ask them to take stand against this. The world is not supposed to fall on her feet, and she could grow up to be extremely selfish and moody just because things arent going her way.. Not to mention how many times she can be used .. To protect her, beg your parents to take a stance against her, and ignore her during these outbursts..

This thing is undoubtedly at it's final point. At this time, and early teens a child's actual nature starts to develop.. This is peak time to control and stop this now otherwise we could only pray for her.. :o

la-la-lara
15-12-07, 19:04
I wouldn't recommend a psychologist, by any means.
It seems that she has lack of discipline. Does this only happen at home? Or does she behave likewise at school too?

aquaflute
15-12-07, 19:39
That reminds me of my EVIL cousin. He's extremely annoying most of the time. I can ignore him and be calm. But my limit is no more than a week.
He lives with my grandparents and I visit them once a year for a week or so. My cousin ALWAY gives me nightmares.
I can imagine how painful you and your family are. It's like I have to live with my evil cousin forever!
I'll probably kill him if that ever happens.

But again this is very different. TBH I have no feeling of connection with my cousin whatsoever. He's just a relative that I couldn't care more. Your sister on the other hand is your real family and I believe whatever she is you still love her. That makes things much more complicated.

I suggest instead of sending your sister to a phsychotherapy(which will absolutely make things worse) You family and you should take a phsychotherapy instead. It will make your mother's nerves stronger and yours too. So you can be mentally strong with your evil sister. And I believe she can change eventually.

danitiwa
15-12-07, 19:54
Have you tried telling her that if she keeps being aggressive she won't have any friends or have you tried to talk to her to find out why she is this way? IMO sisters listen to their sister more than to their parents. :)
Yes, but she either starts crying and gets angry later, or she just gets angry immedately.
In one way, I'll say Betal is right.
It looks like she doesn't know how to be to other people.
Does she allways get her will?
She does, at school she's wonderful! But at home she takes all her rage out on us. My dad finally screamed at her today. (He was home when one of her little episodes occured.)
My parents, I think too should start punishing her a bit. I'll talk to them.
perhaps she is having troubles at school or something and then she uses you as her "punch bag"... she charges on her family to get rid of her problems!
perhaps it would be good to take her to a psychologist!
Maybe.
It did wonders for a certain 13 year old last year, it saved her from killing herself. :rolleyes:
Dani, next time that little cow starts, slap her into next week :)
Guys, answers like these: I DON'T WANT THEM, because they DON'T HELP. I don't mean to sound rude, but saying that is worthless, because then I'll get in trouble. And I already have, it just makes her cry to my parents when they get home and then my parents start going: "Aaaaaaaaaw," and they tell me that I'm older, and I'm supposed to know better and yadda yadda yadda.
kick her so hard she goes flying from were you are to the hospital!
"
Check my above answer to that.
It's easy to 'hurt' or punish someone by... say, whipping or slapping them. But I'm guessing your family isn't into that sort of thing... Am I right?

Were you a brat when you were her age? If so, what brought you out of it? Growing out of it and realizing what a brat you had been? I'm not saying you were a brat (I don't even know)... Anyone else that knows they were a 'trouble child' can chime in here at any time. :-)

Here's something you could try. Is there anything... any posession of hers that she holds dear? Next time she does something hurtful - give her, say, 1 strike (I'm sure she'll rack 'em up quickly). On the 3rd strike - take that posession away. Keep doing this. If she maintains a period of genuinely acting nice and calm - give something back. As time goes on - up the anty! Lessen the strikes, take something away for a longer period of time, but (maybe) make the reward greater too when she does something good and helpful. I'll let you figure it out (with your Mom when you discuss this possibility with her in private). Take her someplace she'd like to go, or.... whatever. A gift, a treat :cln: .... I dunno.

The idea of making both the reward and punishment greater as time goes on is that she should be learning. I wouldn't reward her for just 'Not acting Bad', since that should be expected of her. Reward her for helping out.

Make it: Bad for Bad, Nothing for Nothing, and Good for Good.

If you (and your mother) feel this method of discipline has gone on long enough, and if she does something really bad... Donate something of hers to charity. Let her know what you're going to do, why you're doing it, and if she does anything like she did before or worse - the same thing will happen. So if she wants to keep anything she likes - she has to keep her temper!

I hope this gives you a good idea of what to do, and/or helps in some way.

Maybe you could even call on... The Super Nanny! >:-D

Although, the fact that your father isn't around much is probably part of the problem.

Have you thought of video taping her when she acts up, then telling her that when she gets older you'll show that video to her friends or people she knows... Just to embarass her?

Let her watch it. Ask her if she thinks it looks right or nice.

Okay. Enough rambling. I just want to help any way I can. :o

That's a good method, which I'll try on her. It sure worked on me when I was small. (My mom started doing that.) And I cleaned up my behavior and apologized. But I'm afaid she might just come in here and start messing up my room. (Throwing drawers etc.)

I want to talk to my parents about it, but they just go: "She'll learn", or: "She'll grow out of it."

That reminds me of my EVIL cousin. He's extremely annoying most of the time. I can ignore him and be calm. But my limit is no more than a week.
He lives with my grandparents and I visit them once a year for a week or so. My cousin ALWAY gives me nightmares.
I can imagine how painful you and your family are. It's like I have to live with my evil cousin forever!
I'll probably kill him if that ever happens.

But again this is very different. TBH I have no feeling of connection with my cousin whatsoever. He's just a relative that I couldn't care more. Your sister on the other hand is your real family and I believe whatever she is you still love her. That makes things much more complicated.

I suggest instead of sending your sister to a phsychotherapy(which will absolutely make things worse) You family and you should take a phsychotherapy instead. It will make your mother's nerves stronger and yours too. So you can be mentally strong with your evil sister. And I believe she can change eventually.

My parents did that when she was a baby. :/ But I don't know if they're up to it now.

I agree to that one.