PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are Nintendo DS's really hard to get hold of ATM???

bloodstormaoa
14-12-07, 22:59
My brothers wants one for christmas, but I knew they were all sold out around here....so I tried the rest of Ireland. Nowhere seems to have it. I checked for availability in Argos stores all over England and ireland and they're all out of stock!! Can't get any online either (unless I pay double price on eBay)

What's going on??? :confused:

tr_mitch
14-12-07, 23:20
Yeah they are, and they were last year aswell.
But they are a hell of a lot easier to get hold of than the wii. :(

dannybeef
14-12-07, 23:46
hey i actually work at argos and i do agree with you there really hard to get but not as hard as the wii as said above. but this week they have started to do a package deal with a accsessory pack n 2 games i think for £150. its there way of getting more games out of thie way haha there soo sly
your best bet is to just keep on trying and to get a reserve on one of them if you can!
or your second bet is ebay?
but i guess there gunna get a bit pricey on there

Thorir
15-12-07, 00:31
Other way around here. There are plenty of Wii´s and DS´around.
PS3 and Xbox 360 are far more popular. PSP is around, but still quite expensive.
DS is almost half the price of a PSP.

bloodstormaoa
15-12-07, 01:00
Thanks guys.....so it's not just me :(

I don't want to buy a package deal one for him as I've alredy bought 2 games for him!! Too pricey, y'know! We're trying to stick to a limit of €200 each for pressies....

Any chance that some will become available before crimbo??

Lara Lover
15-12-07, 01:17
Yeah. There becoming really hard to get and the Wii's too. :( Luckily, my Aunt got one of those DS Lites like 2 weeks ago but she had to travel to a city an hour away to get one. ;)

Just keep searching and good luck on finding one. :tmb:

Doctorb
15-12-07, 11:58
I got an ice blue DS (unavailable in the UK) from Gadget asia a few weeks ago. Ordered it on a Friday and got it by the next Tuesday. Only downside was the £25 DHL import tax. Least it came supplied with UK charger and its a colour not available here.;)

Mad Tony
15-12-07, 12:28
As far as I know, they're selling like mad (just like the Wii's). Nintendo seem to be very good at marketing.

clairelovestlc
15-12-07, 12:34
Didnt see this thread, i just made a post about not being able to find a DS anywhere!

Wii's are quite easy to get if you know where to look. My dad bought me one yesterday ( although if he asks i dont know he bought it as its an xmas present;))

Use

http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

or

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/

They both list what stores have them in stock!
Yeah they are, and they were last year aswell.
But they are a hell of a lot easier to get hold of than the wii. :(

Lara Lover
15-12-07, 12:45
Heres a link to find Nintendo DS' :)

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/nintendo-ds-in-stock.asp

Necromanser
15-12-07, 13:01
Other way around here. There are plenty of Wii´s and DS´around.
PS3 and Xbox 360 are far more popular. PSP is around, but still quite expensive.
DS is almost half the price of a PSP.
Really a psp is 140$ here and a DS is 200$.

bloodstormaoa
19-12-07, 16:23
Sorry to bump but.....

I got one :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

I had to buy a package deal though. €284 for a DS lite Black, Accesory pack (containing Storage case, Earphones, Wriststrap, 2 x Stylus, 2 x Game Cases and an Emergency charger) and any three games of my choosing!

It was a good deal IMO and my bro'll have 5 games to play on Xmas day! Am pretty pleased with myself tbh....