PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

Lara0908
15-12-07, 22:10
ok, I really need advice on this..

My one friend of mine is sorta mad at me (I think) so I sent her an email a while ago, I know she has been online, because she emailed one of my other friends...I don't want to call her, because that would just make things worse, any advice on what to do next?

nick-xx
15-12-07, 22:13
actually you should apologise her. BTW welcome here :wve:

Dingaling
15-12-07, 22:13
Best thing to do is try and talk to her face-to-face or even, phone her. You say that'll make it worse but it could make things better. Is there a reason why you think phoning her would make it worse?

Best to ask: Why is she angry with you? If it's something really bad then to mend your friendship may take a lot longer to mend, if it ever will.

Lara0908
15-12-07, 22:19
actually you should apologise her. BTW welcome here :wve:

that's what the email is about
Best thing to do is try and talk to her face-to-face or even, phone her. You say that'll make it worse but it could make things better. Is there a reason why you think phoning her would make it worse?

Best to ask: Why is she angry with you? If it's something really bad then to mend your friendship may take a lot longer to mend, if it ever will.
Because she would probably just hang up on me, so there's really no use in doing that...and she's mad at me, because she thought I was mad at her (which I wasn't, so this whole fight is sort of pointless)

Dingaling
15-12-07, 22:28
Best thing to do then is to try and phone her or go over to her house and jst explain the situation whether you were having a bad day and just seemed angry at people or whatever it was :).

You're right - it is a pointless argument but unfortunately pointless arguments like these ruin a lot of friendships. Try and sort it out before it's too late :).

Welcome to the forums Lara0908!

Lara0908
15-12-07, 22:36
Best thing to do then is to try and phone her or go over to her house and jst explain the situation whether you were having a bad day and just seemed angry at people or whatever it was :).

You're right - it is a pointless argument but unfortunately pointless arguments like these ruin a lot of friendships. Try and sort it out before it's too late :).

Welcome to the forums Lara0908!

ok, I can't go out tonight, because the road are really bad from snow..but I'll just hope that for tonight, she responds..

spikejones
16-12-07, 03:23
Phoning an apology is too impersonal and is subject to being cut off. Email is better. A handwritten note is better still. But the best way by far is to talk face to face... what ever the outcome is. As far as explaining why you did whatever you did to upset her, that part is not important. If you value her friendship, that is what needs to be explained and you should ask her what you can do to make things right again.

Melonie Tomb Raider
16-12-07, 03:37
Wait it out. You did your part by saying sorry, and whether or not she accepts is completely up to her. You did the right thing, now wait and see if she does. :)

Tomb Raider 5194
16-12-07, 03:37
Try to find a way that might make her comprehend your sorry, and best to do it face to face. :)

Conway
16-12-07, 03:43
Wait it out. You did your part by saying sorry, and whether or not she accepts is completely up to her. You did the right thing, now wait and see if she does. :)
I'd say the same. But if in case you see her in person, try approaching her and ask if she got your mail. You can start from there.

Tihocan9
16-12-07, 03:50
This is an odd coquincadence (if it is one) but I am having sort of the same problem. I was saying things that I really didnt mean on an email and we are talking about it and it seems to be better but I feel terrible about what I did and I dont know how to make up for it.

But my advice is to just dig deep within yourself and tell them your honest feelings, if they are your true friend they will understand and most friends do. But dont worry to much about it, soon after you guys talk it all out you will be happy again and you will both learn from what happened and be better off for it. Just rememeber that even when it rains and is cold for so long and seems like no hope is left that there is always gonna be a sunny day.

Good Luck, Happy Raiding and Merry Christmas :tmb:

kryptonite23
16-12-07, 03:57
Try to confront her :D

Lara0908
16-12-07, 04:32
This is an odd coquincadence (if it is one) but I am having sort of the same problem. I was saying things that I really didnt mean on an email and we are talking about it and it seems to be better but I feel terrible about what I did and I dont know how to make up for it.

But my advice is to just dig deep within yourself and tell them your honest feelings, if they are your true friend they will understand and most friends do. But dont worry to much about it, soon after you guys talk it all out you will be happy again and you will both learn from what happened and be better off for it. Just rememeber that even when it rains and is cold for so long and seems like no hope is left that there is always gonna be a sunny day.

Good Luck, Happy Raiding and Merry Christmas :tmb:

EDIT: If you put the her (your friend) to a he, and change your intrests from Basketball to Volleybll I would swear you were my friend becuase our situation is remarkably similar..spooky...and that both our areas have very snowwy roads and it is night in both our areas.

Yeah, it's all ok now, she finally answered my email, and we talked some, and we are ok now...
that is wierd, anyway, hope everything works out for you too..
thanks

Tthe Spirit
16-12-07, 04:55
Well this is good news then.
:)

rowanlim
16-12-07, 07:48
Welcome to the forums! :wve:

First analyze the situation: what did you do to make her upset with you?

Research: ask around, ask your pals, how is she, did she talk about the matter?

Patience: it could be miscommunication, give her some time, perhaps she'd come to her senses or something

Act: talk to her face to face, or over the phone; emailing or SMS-ing tends to give different ideas to the recipient.

Good luck! :tmb: