PDA

View Full Version : I now have an unparalleled hate for snowplow drivers.

Aztek463
16-12-07, 17:43
So, Massachusetts is getting hit by another snow storm in a week. It started off as snow this morning, but it's since turned to rain, turning everything into a slushy mess. For those of us who live in a main street, we all know that when the snowplow goes by they unintentionally (MAYBE) push stuff into the end of your freshly shoveled driveway. So this morning, my dad was shoveling out my sister's driveway (she was out for the night) and I was clearing out the end of the main driveway. As soon as I put my shovel down, I look up the street and see not 1, but 3 plows traveling towards my driveway. By the time they had passed, it was as if I hadn't done anything at all. :cen: The joys of living on a main street...

scion05
16-12-07, 17:44
Well that's nice dear :wve:

Aztek463
16-12-07, 17:46
Man, can't a guy vent online anymore? :(

scion05
16-12-07, 17:47
Heyyyy, i'm only messing ;) Take it with a pinch of salt :)

Btw, it doesn't make sense, how can a snowplow make it worse ?

ajrich17901
16-12-07, 17:49
They do im havin the same prob were i am also:(

Heyyyy, i'm only messing ;) Take it with a pinch of salt :)

Btw, it doesn't make sense, how can a snowplow make it worse ?

Aztek463
16-12-07, 17:52
Sorry. I'm a bit tired and therefore a bit moody :)

Anywho, the way the plows are angled, they push snow and ice off to the side of the road into nice neat (huge and heavy) piles of snow. It's one thing if it's the light fluffy snow, but it's that heavy wet crap that's a pain in the butt to move, especially just after moving a whole ton of it.

TombFreak
16-12-07, 17:54
Man I feel bad for you......... Lucky I live in Arizona.:ton:

scion05
16-12-07, 17:55
Push it to the neighbours house :whi:

oocladableeblah
16-12-07, 17:58
Man I feel bad for you......... Lucky I live in Arizona.:ton:

Woot go Arizona :D that must suck I would hate the plow people if they were to do that.

MiCkiZ88
16-12-07, 18:15
You try living here. :rolleyes: I know how it is when you've just finished cleaning the driveway and then a snowplow or two come by and block your driveway again. You try explaining to your teacher or boss that you had to clean your driveway to get to school/work. :o

I live in an apartment so the janitor does it now. :whi:

Sara Croft
16-12-07, 18:18
Dosent snow here :(

thecentaur
16-12-07, 18:20
well i have a little ditty about snow...

I shoveled the 1 inch of snow off the ground (the snowblower was acting a bit fussy) and it took me about 1 hr. right after i'm done, it starts snowing, as in whitewashed-fog-type-of-snow. it didn't stop for a LONG time, so i was pretty much screwed.

well back to your story, i hate the slushiness, too

(what does unparalleled mean?)

myrmaad
16-12-07, 18:40
"unparalleled" = radically distinctive and unequaled.

I used to be friends with a state roads guy who drove the snow plow. One way I got revenge on a woman who had made a blatant play for my husband, was I asked the snow plow driver to take care of her for me. He buried the *****'s driveway. *snicker*

ihatecold17
16-12-07, 19:29
yeah, i hate the plows. a plow hit my mailbox today.

we need a new one.

MrBear
16-12-07, 19:35
oh you poor people... just remember that there are some who are absolutely dying for a bit of snow ;) if I could get some snow I would be more than happy to do a bit path-clearing (well, maybe not happy, but I'd still do it)

not trying to offend you Aztek, but just to give you a different point of view ;)

ihatecold17
16-12-07, 19:52
oh you poor people... just remember that there are some who are absolutely dying for a bit of snow ;)

Snow isnt all its worked up to be. Its fun the first couple of times, and then people drive like idiots, it gets too cold out, you cant do anything when its snowing, except wait till the plow comes. The worst is when you miss too much school from it, you have to come in during april vacation or its extended into the summer. bleh.