PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather Trilogy

TombRaiderLover
16-12-07, 17:59
Re-watched the trilogy this weekend. Wow. Brilliant films. ;) Definitely the greatest film trilogy ever made. And yes, I enjoyed the underrated third film, though not as much as Parts I and II.

Anybody else love the trilogy?

Earthcane
16-12-07, 18:00
Yessum :tmb: The first part is undeniably the best, IMO.
Although I have to admit I enjoyed the third, the opera scene is unforgettable.

ajrich17901
16-12-07, 18:56
I only got to see the first movie i loved it!
I also loved the game for ps2 lol

myrmaad
16-12-07, 19:09
Agreed. I also read the Mario Puzo book, nothing less than awesome.

Mad Tony
16-12-07, 19:34
I bought The Godfather Trilogy back in the summer. Watched the first one. All I can say is that it's a brilliant film. :tmb:
Haven't got round to watching Part II or Part III.

SamReeves
16-12-07, 19:35
Yuppers, I always watch it when it's on television. The best though is Bob DeNiro bumping off the mob boss in the white suit in Godfather II. :D

Earthcane
16-12-07, 19:57
http://i5.************/7weobya.png

The picture says it all.....

Sara Croft
16-12-07, 19:59
I watched half of the first, and that was terribly boring. -__-

DREWY
16-12-07, 20:36
Other than LOTR, the only 'trilogy' where the standard doesn't drop. :tmb:

TombRaiderLover
16-12-07, 20:48
I bought The Godfather Trilogy back in the summer. Watched the first one. All I can say is that it's a brilliant film. :tmb:
Haven't got round to watching Part II or Part III.

You really should. ;)

I'm currently reading the novel, and bought the Limited Edition PS2 Game on eBay earlier today. :)

oocladableeblah
16-12-07, 22:07
I've never seen them, but heard they are good. I would buy the set, but it's expensive.

Necromanser
17-12-07, 02:48
Agreed. I also read the Mario Puzo book, nothing less than awesome.
If you liked The Godfather you should read Omerta.

The movies are a must-see.One of the best films ever made.

myrmaad
17-12-07, 08:14
I looked into it, and it looks great! Puzo writes beautifully.

http://www.mariopuzo.com/omerta/omerta.shtml
Excerpt (http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780375505683&view=excerpt)

Angelus
17-12-07, 14:07
I watched the first one and found it to be very boring. I haven't bothered to watch parts II or III.

Veronica Ma
18-12-07, 11:56
I watched the first one and found it to be very boring. Aww... well at least you tried. :vlol:

First is my fav and I like the "DeNiro" parts of the second. :D

myrmaad
18-12-07, 12:03
The first is my favorite as well, maybe it's hard for some of the younger generation to get into?? Old fashioned drama without special effects. Definitely not fodder for a short attention span.

Agent 47
18-12-07, 12:15
The first is my favorite as well, maybe it's hard for some of the younger generation to get into?? Old fashioned drama without special effects. Definitely not fodder for a short attention span.

sadly that's true, special effects seem to be the "be and end all" of movies today, as such classics such as the Godfather get neglected, give me a solid story and characters and i'm happy :D

damn fine movies :jmp:

Lara Croft!
18-12-07, 12:30
I saw the trilogy last year for the first time and I loved it! Pacino was great, but I was really taken away by the acting of MArlon Brando. For me it's the best acting EVER!!!! The movies were very good as well, I like the whole mafia thing!

myrmaad
18-12-07, 12:38
I took five years of drama through high school, acting is still a passion of mine, and that performance blows me away as well. Beyond description or compare.

Veronica Ma
18-12-07, 13:03
The first is my favorite as well, maybe it's hard for some of the younger generation to get into?? Old fashioned drama without special effects. Definitely not fodder for a short attention span.Film as an art form is inherently subjective, imho and everyone is entitled to their opinion. In fact, I'd say it showed openmindedness to even try. :D

myrmaad
18-12-07, 13:18
My comments were certainly not meant to be any form of put-down, just a social commentary on society today. The byte mentality is such a reality it's hard even for us "oldsters" ;) to resist.

Necromanser
18-12-07, 13:19
Everyone should check it out at least one time,it's a masterpiece.

TombRaiderLover
18-12-07, 14:08
I do believe that the vast majority of youngsters today wouldn't be able to enjoy the films. Though I remember watching the entire trilogy when I was 10, and Part 1 immediately began my favourite film. ;)

Necromanser
18-12-07, 14:16
THey only want films like transformers,that have a tonn of special effcts and almost no good acting.

CerebralAssassin
18-12-07, 17:23
Part I and II were awesome...I was dissapointed by the 3rd one though..:p

Angelus
18-12-07, 20:00
Aww... well at least you tried. :vlol:

First is my fav and I like the "DeNiro" parts of the second. :D

Tried!?

I was almost sticking pins in myself to stay awake.

I don't know what it is... I just can't get into the films. And it's nothing to do special effects. ;)

Veronica Ma
18-12-07, 22:06
Tried!?

I was almost sticking pins in myself to stay awake.Now that's what I call determination. :vlol:

I don't know what it is... I just can't get into the films. And it's nothing to do special effects. ;)I have the same problem with most tv programs. :vlol: