PDA

View Full Version : These forums are pretty cool tbh.

Andariel
17-12-07, 11:37
Just wanted to make this topic because I heard members talking in the video game section about how great this place is compared to others online. I only go here and a skincare one because of the fun/respectful members. Many others are filled with people who just like to troll others. I used to visit a few other forums for years until I decided I didnít enjoy going to those places at all anymore. Just got trolled and those members had no respect. Sometime members here can get a little out of hand but itís natural and this place is still great. I think itíd be great if we show appreciation for the Tomb Raider Forums! :)

Necromanser
17-12-07, 11:42
No other forums I've joiner are as friendly as this one,I doubt that i'll ever leave this forum.

myrmaad
17-12-07, 11:43
Truly, TRF is a wonderful hangout. :tmb: Who would have guessed that Lara Croft fans are so special and so smart as a group?

daventry
17-12-07, 11:45
This Board is a very friendly place and thats why i call home sweet home. :hug:

Earthcane
17-12-07, 11:46
I think in total, (in desperation to escape the looming threat
of exams) , I joined a total of five new forums this year, on top
of all my existing old ones.

Some were awful: unfriendly, unmannerly, childish, with no respect for the opinions of others.

But this is the only forum I've kept up so far.....:whi:

tlr online
17-12-07, 11:48
Share the love. :D

abc123
17-12-07, 11:48
I am active on 2 forums. This and a MGS one. While this certainly escels at activeness, friendly members and avoidance of conflict, my ownly criticism is that there are too many members, and too much off-topicness. However, the atmosphere is always pleasant, and this will always be a great forum.

Voni
17-12-07, 11:51
I'll be honest, I'm only active on this forum, because I'm able to say what I think without having 5000 people jump down my throat for it straight away! Good stuff.

Andariel
Plus I think most of us have an un-dieing love for Tomb Raider/Lara Croft that others just donít understand. Iíve been playing the games since 1996 when I was little. Crazy. :D

Earthcane
If I have any complaint to make about the forum itself, it would be the fact that
too many really good threads seem to get lost easily in the sheer volume of threads
that emerge, and then are forgotten about.

RAID
17-12-07, 11:54
I love it here too :tmb:

myrmaad
17-12-07, 11:56
aww come on, no complaints on this thread http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/icons/angel_not.gif pretty please with sugar on top?

Andariel
17-12-07, 11:58
hahaha I admit I donít really like game threads but I love current events.

abc123
17-12-07, 12:08
If I have any complaint to make about the forum itself, it would be the fact that
too many really good threads seem to get lost easily in the sheer volume of threads

I agree.

Bumio
17-12-07, 12:12
yes, i was very surprised of the warmness of this forum. at others i just find fights and cold atmosphere. i was afraid to join this one though, because i cant take that tight atmosphere of fighting.... anyway, now im addicted to TRF, i just must come here every day :hug:

Andariel
17-12-07, 12:17
i just must come here every day :hug:
Hehe me too. I may not post a lot but I lurk a lot. :D

Bumio
17-12-07, 12:20
same here :D i like to read what others write, check threads and so on :D

Earthcane
17-12-07, 12:24
Hmmm. Lurking's good, lol :D

Yeah, It's just a habit, isn't it? An addiction.

myrmaad
17-12-07, 12:39
Actually, I think it speaks well of Justin, as I always believe "management sets the tone". That this is such a free-spirited, yet friendly place really speaks mightily of him. :tmb:

yes it sounds like sucking up but it's all true!

Bumio
17-12-07, 12:44
Actually, I think it speaks well of Justin, as I always believe "management sets the tone". That this is such a free-spirited, yet friendly place really speaks mightily of him. :tmb:

agreed :tmb:

DickDan
17-12-07, 12:48
Yah this is such a nice place. I felt welcomed on my first day. XD

Alex Fly
17-12-07, 12:54
I love this forum. It's the nicest and most friendly community I've ever seen. I was on other forums before (not only Tomb Raider ones) and any of them was far to be as great as this one. :)

MiCkiZ88
17-12-07, 12:56
My post count should say something about how much I love this forum. Or that I spam too much. Probs both.

Anyways.. These forums are great. :tmb: :D

Kamnelomo
17-12-07, 13:00
I lolololololololololololololove this forum! I just ADORE it! My favourite! I will never give up posting here! :jmp:

Aurelien52
17-12-07, 13:02
These are just one of the best internet community. You're all friendly and nice. :hug:

Tthe Spirit
17-12-07, 13:08
Absolutely this place is awsome.
I will enever ever leave it. :D :D :D

Betal
17-12-07, 13:08
Truly, TRF is a wonderful hangout. :tmb: Who would have guessed that Lara Croft fans are so special and so smart as a group?

Ditto.:tmb:

I never get the hang of other forums. Only this. Everytime I join other forums I found it so hard and eveybody call me noob etc..
But here all members show respect to other people. I often have arguments with other members. But I still respect them.:tmb::D

rowanlim
17-12-07, 14:11
I love TRF. I only come here & to the Sanitarium (home to all KTEB-ers), this is one place where I truly feel like there are no boundaries between nations...I really love that we are all united by our love for TR, lara & that nationality & country hardly counts, its so fun to talk to people from all over the world about so many things. i like the rules here because it helps us become good forumers, & makes this place friendly & very comfortable...at university i'd drop by here everyday just to feel at home (since im not home sniffles hahha, plus no one at my uni plays TR dang :p)...so i'm glad i came here, i'm glad i met all of you, & i hope i won't ever have to leave unless i really have to.

what a sentimental moment *passes tissue around* :D

myrmaad
17-12-07, 14:13
*sniffle* thanks for the tissue. :vlol:

Drone
17-12-07, 14:15
I didn't hesitate even 1 second when I was going to join this forum :) Really good place friendly and great :) Everywhere you can find tons of weird and mean people but here it's otherwise

Angelus
17-12-07, 15:08

Share the Underworld media first. ;)

myrmaad
17-12-07, 15:13
^*snort*

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-07, 15:17
I think that the about 30,000 people aren't here only because of Tomb Raider but also its friendly members. In other words IMO TRF is one of the best forums! :tmb:

Archetype
17-12-07, 16:39
Pretty decent forum tbh, lots of nice people.. wouldn't say i'm too well known here but.. i usually hang out in the Video games forum :mis:

Jacen
17-12-07, 16:44
Its a nice place to hang out. Friendly people, lots of activity... bigger then the sum of its parts ;)

danitiwa
17-12-07, 16:49
I go here, the Sani and Final Fantasy Forever.

Sani: The girls over there are nice, crazy; but nice. Perverse, but respectful and mature. :)

Final Fantasy 4ever: It has nothing to do with FF whatsoever, it's a very fun place that some cool people from over here founded. It's a nice place to spam chat and be immature with each other. :D

Endow
17-12-07, 16:51

Cheap marketing uh? ;)

Anajrob
17-12-07, 16:52
Yeah, this is the best forum I have been to :D It's the most friendly! :hug:

tranniversary119
17-12-07, 16:54
I agree it's the best forum I've ever been to :D

Earthcane
17-12-07, 17:00
I have to admit, I joined a lot of forums in the past where the people
were just jerks.
Here though, I haven't met one jerk yet :tmb:

*Raises wine-glass*

Here's to all the fine Moderators who help keep the forum flowing smoothly.
Here's to the admins that run a site that just keeps giving.

And here's to everyone who enjoys TRF as much as I do :tmb:

:wve:

Grenade
17-12-07, 17:08
LMAO! :vlol:

Forwen
17-12-07, 17:21
Damn fine dive it is, said the shady persona in the corner and fell back silent.

Earthcane
17-12-07, 17:23
^ poetic and mysterious, I lke it, lol :D

zipper
17-12-07, 17:24
Yeah, this is the best forum I have been to :D It's the most friendly! :hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Anajrob
17-12-07, 17:33
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Awww :gki:

xcrushterx
17-12-07, 17:38
You only just noticed? :yik:

I like most forums about TR, so I could say "ZOMG!!!11!! This is zeh best forumz Iz have ever beed to!!11!", but could go and say the same to another :p

But, it is one of the best ;)

Reggie
17-12-07, 17:38
It gets a bit mad during the media campaigns from Eidos but aside from that, its a nice place to find out and discuss all things TR and all things general with decent people. :tmb:
An all round good place.

cristina8992
17-12-07, 17:40
I've only been an active member on this forum and thesims2.com and to be honest, this one is by far the best. Over there, the only way people helped me was if I offered tons of beneficial ratings:rolleyes:. With a few exceptions, of course. Some people even started threads just to ask for "benes".:pi:
In conclusion, TRF is the best because here you can find the nicest people on the internet and... Fast loading times.:D

Earthcane
17-12-07, 17:46
In conclusion, TRF is the best because here you can find the nicest people on the internet and... Fast loading times.

Ditto to that.
And yeah I forgot, loading speeds are the fastest I've yet seen,
even with the ad-fuelled theme :tmb:

laracroft2122
17-12-07, 17:47
Indeed. I would like to thank Justin and all the staff for their dedication and commitment.

_Lam
17-12-07, 18:27

LOL ! :vlol:

Seriously this is the best forum I've seen. Just sometime there battle between Core and Crystal fans. But it would be boring without it. XD

TRexbait
17-12-07, 18:30
It is the best forum, we do get to see more info than a lot of other people. I was very suprised when i saw the new forum.

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-12-07, 18:30
The KTEBers liven up the forums from time to time as well. :p

Earthcane
17-12-07, 18:39
^ Are the KTEBers the good people or bad ones? I keep forgetting :mis:

(Lol, jus kidding, I dont take sides on the great Kurtis debate...:whi: )

I [personally find the Latest Purchass thread very entertaining.
Mainly because I love buying stuff, lol :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-12-07, 18:49
I don't take sides either. I think Kurtis is really cool, but that doesn't make a a KTEBer... does it? O.o

Earthcane
17-12-07, 18:52
Yeah, Kurtis is cool and all, it's just the heavily edited finished product
of AOD didnt give him enough of a chance to shine.

I love his foresight ability, and he rocked in the Sanatorium levels :tmb:

la-la-lara
17-12-07, 18:58
Forums create impersonal relationships, which can easily sometimes lead to rudeness between the members, but that is natural and easy to overcome most of the times. I like this forum, too. People are really friendy here, the mods are careful and it is safe. Keep up the good work.

danitiwa
17-12-07, 20:08
The KTEBers liven up the forums from time to time as well. :p
The KTEB thread is like the kiddy pool compared to www.kteb.net, the girls over there are twice in everything... Especially perviness. >_> XD

Still, fun and nice people in all.
I don't take sides either. I think Kurtis is really cool, but that doesn't make a a KTEBer... does it? O.o

It does actually. :p

NemesisxAngelus
17-12-07, 20:48
I have to agree, people are really nice here. :) I'm on a few other boards, and they're - most of the time - people who like to b.tch at eachother. I'm glad it isn't here like this, so thanks to you all for making this one of my favorite boards to visit. :hug:

remote91
17-12-07, 20:51
TRF is a nice place to be :D Nice people, good topics and usually I always end up learning something new.

Sir Croft
17-12-07, 21:27
There's no such a TR forum like TRF. :hug:

coolezpunk
18-12-07, 00:37
This is like, the best forum ever! It doesn't only talk about TR games, there's also a bunch of other topics you can go to! Plus, the members here are so friendly, and you'll never get bored of this cuz of new info and threads and posts and stuff...
:D

Shark_Blade
18-12-07, 01:05
This is my first forum since I started. I went to other forums but they're not as convenient as here. Like other people said, the loading time is fast, the members responds is faster (especially when there's new media like TRAE or TRU :D, it's crazy!) and this place is very tidy. Some forums are pack loads with members signatures and pictures on them that I got dizzy reading them over and over again.

And people here just warm and friendly. :hug: My only complaint is that if only we can have much bigger capacity for avatar to make it animate :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
18-12-07, 01:10
I agree also, this is definitely by far one of the most accepting and friendly forums out there. I only really go to one other Nip/Tuck one and this one now. But this is also the forum I've been a regular to for the longest out of any forum I've ever visited.

Earthcane
18-12-07, 01:11
My only complaint is that if only we can have much bigger capacity for avatar to make it animate

I second that :tmb:

oocladableeblah
18-12-07, 01:14
This is my first forums that I have actually been active on you guys are awesome :hug:

Twilight
18-12-07, 01:52
yep. i think its the fact that theres mostly 13-30 year olds instead of just one age group. and its safe & clean here. i come here everyday :D

Earthcane
18-12-07, 01:56
Yeah, I love the huge age range. Other forums I've been too are clogged up
with either veterans who thin they know it all, or immmature squabblers.

TRF has the recipe for a perfect forum, IMO.

domina
18-12-07, 19:27
I enjoy it here. Not my favorite forums (my favorite place will always be the Star Wars RPG forums that I RPed at and administrated), but they are definitely good. :tmb:

ThomasCroft
18-12-07, 19:45
I am so happy this forum exists.

I know it sounds sad but it takes up so much of my life because it is a wonderful place to be with respectable and fun members.

:hug:

Mad Tony
18-12-07, 19:53
These forums are wonderful. :) I've met so many nice people here.

Mona Sax
18-12-07, 20:34
I think they're awful. Justin has to chain me to the computer each day.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
18-12-07, 20:36
I think its great, everyone is so friendly and its full of such different people :)

Pipolinne
18-12-07, 20:36
Tell Justin I've some spare chains, in case he needs,Mona :D :mis:!

myrmaad
18-12-07, 20:51

lol. Better you than me!

badboy70
18-12-07, 20:56
Yeah, this forum is awesome xD

ajrich17901
18-12-07, 20:59
I agree this is the best forum on the internet in my opinion i love it here its like home sweet home lol

myrmaad
18-12-07, 21:03
Am I the only one who automatically pictures Lara in her robe whenever someone uses the term "Home Sweet Home"?

badboy70
18-12-07, 21:04
Am I the only one who automatically pictures Lara in her robe whenever someone uses the term "Home Sweet Home"? I think of a view of Lara's mansion from above the gates :p

trXD
18-12-07, 21:40
Yeah this forum is a great place to meet some online freinds :D

It would be even better if the fanbase wasnt so divided what with the whole classics/AOD/legend thing...

NemesisxAngelus
18-12-07, 21:46

Agreed. :vlol:

Am I the only one who automatically pictures Lara in her robe whenever someone uses the term "Home Sweet Home"?

No, you're not the only one.

Pipolinne
18-12-07, 23:48
Am I the only one getting dressed and thinking about possible forum competitions :D?

Lenochka
18-12-07, 23:54
These forums are a nice little getway. Thooough there a bit to addicting xD

george_croft
18-12-07, 23:56
Am I the only one getting dressed and thinking about possible forum competitions :D?

Miss Tomb Raider Forums 2007 ? :whi:

tampi
19-12-07, 16:48
Every day better and more real :)

Jack Croft
19-12-07, 17:35

Yep lol.:D

gotha-666
19-12-07, 19:02

aaaww, how cute! =3

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 11:25
Yup. It's an emotional forum. ;)

ben croft
21-12-07, 11:36
IMO, this is the best, funniest, huge forum in thw world. I've looked everywhere, brazilian forums, english forums, no one is like TRF. It has great (polite) members ready to share love and peace. :) I'm glad to be part of it. Thanks Justing for giving us this great place.

:hug:

Conway
21-12-07, 12:41
True, observable, that. Otherwise, this place is G-R-E-A-T. I wonder how this place ranks as one of the most active game forums worldwide. I mean, really. I think this place is pretty alive.

rowanlim
21-12-07, 12:52
I love these forums seriously...it's really great to be able to talk about TR to other fans who are lovely & polite...i totally respect the way Justin & other mods etc run this place, its applaudable, keeps things smooth, i won't worry about being snubbed on this forum or anything :p

such a touching moment...:hug:

kiss for y'all :gki:

*sniffles*

Fish.
21-12-07, 13:38
Indeed, this forum has without a doubt the best community I've seen in a forum. Has anyone ever heard of AlbinoBlackSheep? Their community = http://209.85.12.227/11855/140/emo/thumbs_down.GIF. So many emo's there who want other members to die. :rolleyes:

Here though, I never get that. And I'm very glad to be able to say whatever is on my mind and know that people here trust each other enough not to gossip. :)

:hugs:

Capt. Murphy
21-12-07, 15:48
IMO this is about the most spammy place I've ever been. With the large number of post game topics... All the ones that are active today... I wonder how many more clones of those topics are burried through layers and layers of months and years of past forum pages?

I should, just for fun, compile a list someday, then link all the similar topics in one of the current topics that are exactly like the others. It'll be awesome!

Oh. And there is talk of how nice and friendly people are. Let's just say, in the past I've been like a grain of sand in the Kentucky Jelly.

Kentucky Jelly. H**L Yeah!

Say. Where'n the heck is the "I'm Straight" emoticon? Was it eaten by the twink? Yeah. That should be the other emoticon. A short twinkie guy with it's eyes squinting and tongue hanging out, with cream oozing out of it's top while it ogles a picture of a naked guys butt, then just say the pic is a PSA on venerial diseases and then that makes it okay to post it in the forums.

Yeah... I went there.

The emoticon for me would be a guy holding a sign up saying "I'm Mean." >:-)

Like this :murphy:

petujaymz
21-12-07, 16:13
These forums are pretty cool tbh.

tbh?

Are you being honest or are you being fair?

I'm being fair to be honest.

Naz2000
21-12-07, 16:20
AVATAR PROBLEM: sorry to post something that's pointless but how do you change an avtar now that Elen is around no more???? I didn't want to create a thread about it because it was a bit of a waste, sorry

Capt. Murphy
21-12-07, 16:41
So you decided to go off-topic here? :p It's less likely to get noticed this way. Go ahead. Make the topic. Or use the forums search function and bump and ancient one that is more in tune with your specific request. :) Good luck with the avatar.

Rivendell
21-12-07, 16:42
AVATAR PROBLEM: sorry to post something that's pointless but how do you change an avtar now that Elen is around no more???? I didn't want to create a thread about it because it was a bit of a waste, sorry

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=111610

Naz2000
21-12-07, 16:47
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=111610

:wve: very sorry again but is the email address I need to send it to support@tombraiderchronicles.com?

Ummmm anyway, yes I love coming on these forums, it keeps me up to date with tomb raider news and at the same time allows me to socialize and voice my opinion to hundreds of otheer TR fans:tmb:

Lavinder
21-12-07, 16:53
Compared to how it was when I first joined, well, pretty crap - although better than most forums.