PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sacrifice Day

Tthe Spirit
19-12-07, 04:41
For the whole world and in particular, muslims at TRF, i want to wish everyone a great holiday and a very joyful Sacrifice Day. :jmp::jmp::jmp:

Gregori
19-12-07, 05:14
I wish to sacrifice Tthe Spirit to the almighty Allah, should he accept my bountiful gift!

:D

Greenkey2
19-12-07, 10:21
Happy Sacrifice day :wve:

If I may ask, what form do your sacrifices take, Tthe Spirit and Gregori?

Necromanser
19-12-07, 10:24
You have to sarcrifice a sheep as far as I can remeber.

Voni
19-12-07, 10:27
Happy Sacrifice Day! Please tell us more about it, I'm really interested.

raiderfun
19-12-07, 10:49
But the feast is till tomorrow for middle east, And till Friday for Morocco, right ?

star girl
19-12-07, 10:51
Friday here too... :wve:

Sheep, goat, camel, cow.. :wve:

kryptonite23
19-12-07, 10:53
Even if I am not a Muslim,Happy Sacrifice Day :tmb:

raiderfun
19-12-07, 10:54
^ Hmm, really ? I thought Pakistan was just like the middle east ....
Tthe Spirit, when is the milestone for you in Lebanon ?

Alex Fly
19-12-07, 10:59
Happy Sacrifice Day to you guys ! :wve:

star girl
19-12-07, 11:00

It is, in many ways :)

raiderfun
19-12-07, 11:58
Thank you everyone :)

Happy Sacrifice day :wve:

If I may ask, what form do your sacrifices take, Tthe Spirit and Gregori?

Most of the time, it is a sheep, but If some can't afford it then they have the possibility to buy only a goat or a small cow. :)

It is, in many ways :)

Hmm , okay thanks.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-12-07, 12:43
I wish to sacrifice Tthe Spirit to the almighty Allah, should he accept my bountiful gift!

Amen. :p

Happy Sacrifice Day. Actually sacrificing an animal sounds kinda brutal to me though, is it really necessary?

Zelda master
19-12-07, 12:45
Well you eat hamburgers your self dont you:p
And its only once a year ;)

Necromanser
19-12-07, 12:46

Happy Sacrifice Day. Actually sacrificing an animal sounds kinda brutal to me though, is it really necessary?
DUn worry geck the animal doesn't feel a thing,they just cut its throat and it's dead.

Tthe Spirit
19-12-07, 13:01

You want to get rid of me :(:(.
lol :p :p :p
It is today, Wednesday 19-12-2007.
Most middle Eat countries are doing it today.
Some others have it till tomorrow.
There is always being a one day difference between some sects (hope someday they all unite).

Happy Sacrifice Day! Please tell us more about it, I'm really interested.

Sacriice Day goes back o th very old times in favor to the deeds of Father of The Prophets Sir Abraham (peace and prayer be upon him).

Abraham used to see visions where he was slaugjhtering his son Ismail.
Abraham's son told hsi father that he is ready to be sacrificed as a gift to the God.
Then that day came.
Everyone was so tense.
It was corageous that Abraham was ready to do anything God wanted from him, even if it meant sacrificng hsi own son.
Everyone began to wonder.
But at the time he wanted to do the sacrifice, the sword (knife, whatever) flipped to its flat surface everytime he willed to do the sacrifice.
It was so strange.
It was then when (Gabriel, the Great Angel) descended down and he said that God would never ever allow this.
it ws just a test to see the patience of each of them. Abraham and his son Ismail.
Then the sacrifice was replaced by sacrificng a goat, sheep, cow or camel.

Now after sacrifice, the meat goes by dividing it into three.
1/3 for the family and relatives.
1/3 for the freinds.
1/3 for the poor.

The story is very moral.
This is what i know.
But there are lots of other things behind it.

raiderfun
19-12-07, 13:11

It sounds brutal for many muslims as well, but this is a tradition that we should all respect, many of us can't watch the scene in front of them.
But If you want me to tell you the story about why we're sacrificing an animal , then I can , no problem :)

Edit : LOL ! nevermind , The spirit has already said the story ! ^^

It is today, Wednesday 19-12-2007.
Most middle Eat countries are doing it today.
Some others have it till tomorrow.
There is always being a one day difference between some sects (hope someday they all unite).

Yeah, but star girl who lives in Pakistan (in middle east) said till Friday, like here in Morocco. :p
And I hope they're get united someday too, but I doubt it, every king is choosing a random day, I don't believe in the moon.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-12-07, 14:05
Abraham used to see visions where he was slaugjhtering his son Ismail.
Abraham's son told hsi father that he is ready to be sacrificed as a gift to the God.
Then that day came.
Everyone was so tense.
It was corageous that Abraham was ready to do anything God wanted from him, even if it meant sacrificng hsi own son.
Everyone began to wonder.
But at the time he wanted to do the sacrifice, the sword (knife, whatever) flipped to its flat surface everytime he willed to do the sacrifice.
It was so strange.
It was then when (Gabriel, the Great Angel) descended down and he said that God would never ever allow this.
it ws just a test to see the patience of each of them. Abraham and his son Ismail.
Then the sacrifice was replaced by sacrificng a goat, sheep, cow or camel.

Now after sacrifice, the meat goes by dividing it into three.
1/3 for the family and relatives.
1/3 for the freinds.
1/3 for the poor.

I don't quite understand, that story seems to say that God didn't want anyone to be sacrificed, so why does an animal get killed? :confused:

Since it gets eaten though, I don't have a problem with this. Heck, it's more meaningful than Christmas turkeys.

Necromanser
19-12-07, 14:06
^^^

Most of it get's given to orphanages and poor people so it's all for a better cause.

raiderfun
19-12-07, 14:11
I don't quite understand, that story seems to say that God didn't want anyone to be sacrificed, so why does an animal get killed? :confused:

Since it gets eaten though, I don't have a problem with this. Heck, it's more meaningful than Christmas turkeys.

Because at the moment when he wanted to kill his son, God gave him a sheep , and therefore, muslims started to celebrate this by killing an animal :)

mizuno_suisei
19-12-07, 14:20
It does sound bad, the idea of a Sacrifice Day, but then we realise most of us do the same thing every day. Happy Sacrifice Day to all the muslim members :wve:

Greenkey2
19-12-07, 14:21
Because at the moment when he wanted to kill his son, God gave him a sheep , and therefore, muslims started to celebrate this by killing an animal :)

Thanks for explaining it Badr :wve:

Sorry, but the way I read that sounded as though we kill, pluck and roast turkeys purely for the pleasure of seeing them undergo it, and not for the eating afterwards :D :vlol:

Geck-o-Lizard
19-12-07, 14:26
Man, gutting a turkey is half the fun, is it not? :vlol:

Necromanser
19-12-07, 14:30
Trust me you dont want to see the innards of a sheep.

a)It stinks
b)Its gross
c)There's a tonn of blood coming out of its neeck
d)You get to see all of its innards,I mean ALL.

Drone
19-12-07, 14:34
Happy Sacrifice Day people :)

raiderfun
19-12-07, 14:39
Thanks for explaining it Badr :wve:

You welcome :)

a)It stinks
b)Its gross

Yeah, very disguisting ! The sheep emits a weird sound when you kill it , sounds like "Kkhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" , he keeps moving even after he's chocked off. But I actually I used to see all those things, so nothing affects me in fact. :p

Gregori
19-12-07, 15:47
You want to get rid of me :(:(.
lol :p :p :p

no no no no no, I just want to bring you closer to your God, and please him with my bountiful gifts!!

Tthe Spirit
19-12-07, 16:40
no no no no no, I just want to bring you closer to your God, and please him with my bountiful gifts!!
Well, that's so sweet :p :p :p :p

a)It stinks
b)Its gross

You welcome :)Yeah, very disguisting ! The sheep emits a weird sound when you kill it , sounds like "Kkhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" , he keeps moving even after he's chocked off. But I actually I used to see all those things, so nothing affects me in fact. :p

I dont know how can people bear this.
Last year at university, we had to slaughter a chicken and disect it.
I fainted and almost fell to the ground.

rowanlim
21-12-07, 07:18
happy aidiladha to all Muslim forumers!! :wve:

abdul wahab
21-12-07, 07:26
Wish you a very Happy EiD ....From Abdul :)

Shark_Blade
21-12-07, 08:33
I just celebrated sacrifice day yesterday :) I didn't go and watch the slaughtering though, very rarely nowadays although I sometimes participate in butchering up the meat and divided the parts to distribute to all the people and the needy.

Happy Sacrifice Day/Aidil Adha everyone. :wve:

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 10:14
I didn't pray. :(
My parents didn't sacrifice as well. :(
Though it's once a year. :(

Happy Eid-Al Adha (Sacrifice Day). :hug: :wve:

raiderfun
21-12-07, 10:54
Happy Sacrifice day to everyone, we're celebrating it today, I have posted some pics of me with the sheep in TR members Pictures , please don't laugh at me a lot ! :o

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 11:04
Happy Sacrifice day to everyone, we're celebrating it today, I have posted some pics of me with the sheep in TR members Pictures , please don't laugh at me a lot ! :o
I shouldn't laught, Badr. :D

Betal
21-12-07, 11:31
Yeah, very disguisting ! The sheep emits a weird sound when you kill it , sounds like "Kkhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" , he keeps moving even after he's chocked off. But I actually I used to see all those things, so nothing affects me in fact. :p

That sounds brutal.:p

But still. Humans kills animals everyday for food so why not...:p

I'm happy we don't do it in Sweden though. I could never it anything my parents done themself. (choughparasiteschough). :p
(Ofcourse I can ewat something my parents bought from the store and then cooked.):p

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 11:34
That sounds brutal.:p

But still. Humans kills animals everyday for food so why not...:p

I'm happy we don't do it in Sweden though. I could never it anything my parents done themself. (choughparasiteschough). :p
(Ofcourse I can ewat something my parents bought from the store and then cooked.):p
LOL. You seem so clean and pure. :p

Betal
21-12-07, 11:35
LOL. You seem so clean and pure. :p

Yeah I am.:p

And I noticed something annoying with myself. I used the :p smile in every row in my post.:pi:

:p

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 11:38
You really don't like blood or something gore, do you? :p

That means you like to stick out your tongue at everyone I think, don't you? :pi:

raiderfun
21-12-07, 13:48
OMG ! That was so disguisting, I touched all the parts in his body, and the worst part was when I had to remove the poop from its stomach ! :o:o:o:(

peffect
21-12-07, 14:21
Happy Sacrifice day to all the Muslims over the globe and to all our TRf Muslim members! :D

I hope you guys have enjoyed the meal.
Although, our Aid Eladha day was on Wednesday...
:)