PDA

View Full Version : Life moments you wish you could redo

ThomasCroft
19-12-07, 21:14
Are there any moments which have occurred in your life that you wish you could change? Any regrets? Perhaps you feel there isn't time in life for dwelling in the past, or that if you do things right in the present you won't have to worry about life in the future. Or maybe you think like me: that regrets are inevitable and need to be aired for the sanity of mankind!

In retrospect, there are at least a few times in my life when I have behaved in the wrong way towards people, or have made simple mistakes which have had an awfully large impact on my life, even today. Sometimes I wish I could jump into some kind of time portal and rectify all my mistakes.

I know this is a depressing thread, but I find notions like this incredibly interesting.

:)

jackali
19-12-07, 21:16
I'm not sure if I would. I mean, I can see moments I'd want to do again, but I don't think I would actually want to do them again. I mean, they've made me who I am today, even if I don't like that, I can accept it. And I need to accept it, it's who I am, I can't change myself easily.

star girl
19-12-07, 21:21
I want to go back in May, when I got the O Level Subject Selection form.. In a choice of English Literature, Commerce and Additional Maths, I chose Commerce....

I wish I hadn't.. It's like a free "A" in O Levels, but I'm not studying for "A" grades...

I wish I'd have chosen Literature instead.. I would at least give my 100% to it.. :(

Quasimodo
19-12-07, 21:26
Though there are several things I could have done better/differently in my life, I don't have any regrets. I'd rather give more thought to things I can actually do/change in the here and now.

Angelus
19-12-07, 21:28
I'm not sure if I would. I mean, I can see moments I'd want to do again, but I don't think I would actually want to do them again. I mean, they've made me who I am today, even if I don't like that, I can accept it. And I need to accept it, it's who I am, I can't change myself easily.

Beautifully said. :)

jackali
19-12-07, 21:29
Beautifully said. :)

:D Thank you Joe.:hug:

clairelovestlc
19-12-07, 21:32
We are merely a product of our existence.

The person i am today is because of all of my past, the good and bad. To change any aspect of my past and i would not be the person i am today. Even the biggest mistakes of my life have taught me something, if i experianced the same situation again, i might not do things the same way, but withough that past experiance i wouldnt know that i need to approach it differently.

I don't want to change the past, just want to use what i have learnt an experienced in my past to make better choices in the future!

Cord_Croft
19-12-07, 21:34
There isn't much I would change, i mean everything happens for a reason, and our actions shape us into the people we are today.

However, i would go back earlier on this year and say a few things :o

Lavinder
19-12-07, 22:03
I dont think I'd redo anything - I'd like to experience things again, and again, and again...

Angelus
19-12-07, 22:09
:D Thank you Joe.:hug:

*Sobs*

da tomb raider!
19-12-07, 22:14
The only thing I regret is when I didn't buy "Crash Team Racing" and "Worms" when I saw them in a shop a few months ago. I haven't seen them since.