PDA

View Full Version : Lara: Vote for Me (Gamespot Best Games of 2007 Genre Award)

Conway
21-12-07, 02:52
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2316/xmaslarawd0.jpg
(Image by jvjv, courtesy of Tomb Raider Chronicles United Colours Christmas 2007 Edition (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/unitedcolours_christmas_13.html))

Vote for Lara and Tomb Raider: Anniversary for Best Game of 2007 in Action Adventure Genre! Click on the link below to vote.

GENRE AWARDS (Best Action Adventure Game) - Vote for Tomb Raider: Anniversary! (http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/genreawards/index.html?page=2)

This section of the awards shines a light on the best games in specific genres, whether that includes shooters, role-playing games, strategy, or some other category. Our genre award deliberations were intended to cover the most popular and most noteworthy game genres this year, which included a blanket category for all sports (traditional and "alternative"). Surprisingly, it also included adventure games, which made something of a comeback this year. The awards were given to the best games in their class overall; not necessarily those games that best embodied the qualities of that particular genre. Remember, only five games were chosen for each category--even making the cut as a finalist is a distinction unto itself.

Zelda? Resident Evil? Any game fit to stand next to these hulking franchises must be worthy indeed, which is a testament to the high quality of action games released in 2007. Button mashers had a lot to like this year, whether they opted for the big, bad, baldness of Kratos or the lithe, heavenly grace of the beautiful Nariko. To win this award, a game had to truly set itself apart.

EDIT: Also, make sure to vote Tomb Raider: Anniversary for Best PlayStation2 game of 2007!

PLATFORM AWARDS (Best PlayStation2 Game) - Vote for Tomb Raider: Anniversary! (http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/platformawards/index.html?page=4)

2007 was a great year to be a video game player, regardless of whichever game platforms you own. Our platform award deliberation this year was especially challenging (and the discussion was especially spirited) not only because there were so many great games available for each platform, but also because there were so many excellent multiplatform games. These awards were ultimately given to the games that the editors decided were the best games available on each platform for the year. Remember, only five games were chosen for each category--even making the cut as a finalist is a distinction unto itself.

Now that the so-called next generation of consoles are here, you'd figure that one of the most dominant video game platforms in history, the PlayStation 2, would go gentle into that good night. Yet even though this may have been the last real year of the PS2's lifespan, it was also one of the best, with several great games that didn't require you to make the expensive leap to get that HDTV and that big pile of new video cables. No, the PS2 doesn't have the fancy graphics or crazy controls of newer games on newer consoles, but it still held its own and was sent off with a bang this year, thanks to one truly outstanding game.

Note to mods: Feel free to move if this isn't the right section for the thread.

vespertea
21-12-07, 02:55
brb praying for forgiveness

Camera Obscura
21-12-07, 02:55
Sorry but it seems like Lara is dead last. But man what a way to get my attention with that Lara image! :cln:

Necromanser
21-12-07, 02:58
This one's a no-brainer,Asssasins creed will win for sure.

Conway
21-12-07, 02:58
brb praying for forgiveness
Whatever for? I think I know though. *smirk*

Sorry but it seems like Lara is dead last. But man what a way to get my attention with that Lara image! :cln:
That's why we have to vote. Especially those who really enjoyed Anniversary. And, yeah, that's what jvjv's image is here for!

coolezpunk
21-12-07, 02:59
Darn! Lara's on last place! That's sad...

Oh well, you can't win everything! ;)

vespertea
21-12-07, 03:00
This one's a no-brainer,Asssasins creed will win for sure.

*retracted, lawl.

Whatever for? I think I know though. *smirk*

LOL! I kid, I kid.

Necromanser
21-12-07, 03:01
If all members on here vote we can get her to first place.

vespertea
21-12-07, 03:03
If all members on here vote we can get her to first place.

You think so?

Well. I guess with that eye-catcher, she could stand a chance.. In that case, I retract my statement.

Conway
Also, make sure to vote Tomb Raider: Anniversary for Best PlayStation2 game of 2007 (http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/platformawards/index.html?page=4)!

gotha-666
C'MON GUYZZ! WE'RE MORE THAN 30,000 MEMBERS WE CAN DO THIS AND LARA WILL WIN AND EIDOS AND CD AND TLR ONLINE WILL BE HAPPY AND PROUD OF US AND WILL RELEASE TR8 RIGHT AFTER THAT! :jmp:

Conway
21-12-07, 03:07
C'MON GUYZZ! WE'RE MORE THAN 30,000 MEMBERS WE CAN DO THIS AND LARA WILL WIN AND EIDOS AND CD AND TLR ONLINE WILL BE HAPPY AND PROUD OF US AND WILL RELEASE TR8 RIGHT AFTER THAT! :jmp:
LOL! You just made me laugh. Unfortunately, not all 30k members are active. Let's just hope for the best. If ever TRA wins in either category, I hope CD will realize that what they've done with the game is a step to the right direction in terms of atmosphere and overall feel (others, they can still work on).

Lenochka
21-12-07, 03:18
Even if she doesn't win. Look at how many games they had to choose from though... Atleast she is nominated :)

Necromanser
21-12-07, 03:25
and he will make us his nephews and cd will adopt us and give us free candy bars.

Conway
21-12-07, 03:25
Even if she doesn't win. Look at how many games they had to choose from though... Atleast she is nominated :)
Exactly. I've edited the first post and put in what GameSpot had to say about the grueling process they went through to have a final set of nominees. So, yeah, even if TRA doesn't win, at least she's recognized.

BtoFu
21-12-07, 03:55
That flyer at the top of the page will secure some votes for sure. I've hardly played anything new this year but (regrettably) what little I have has outshone TRA...didn't even seem like said games made a big deal of it when they did either.

Cute flakes. :o

rowanlim
21-12-07, 04:37
that picture certainly stole all rational thoughts from my brain :p :mis:

sigh in any case, TR will be the best game to me no matter what :hug:

good luck man! :tmb:

Shark_Blade
21-12-07, 06:16
I have voted everything for TRA :)

Necromanser
21-12-07, 06:26
I know how you would've got even more votes-
Write click the picture to remove snowlakes.

erosan
21-12-07, 06:30
voted, unfortunotely TR won't win. There are a LOT more games interesting games that came out this year, TR is losing its touch =/ IMO

Quasimodo
21-12-07, 06:41

I must be tired because I went and checked the Gamespot website to find some snowflakes to click on so I could vote for TRA again :vlol:

Necromanser
21-12-07, 06:43
There isnt one decent choice in there, c&c 3 was outrun by some new strategy that I haven't even heard of.

Conway
21-12-07, 08:19
Or hover on the image to remove snowflakes! Too bad I'm not the artist though.

Assassino
21-12-07, 08:37
Not looking good for Anniversary :(

ben croft
21-12-07, 10:20
Sorry, but I voted for God of War II. Big fan here, but good to hear that Anniversary was among the best. :tmb: I have my reasons.

:wve:

Stig911
21-12-07, 10:27
I voted.

Cant stand any of the other games.

I recon next year will be Lara's year.

george_croft
21-12-07, 11:37
Come on people, even if it's not looking that great for TRA right now, we could all vote and get it at least a little bit higher on the list. I actually get quite disappointed with TR fans when it gets to things like this. It seems people at other gaming forums gather around and cast their votes to support their favourite game franchise, but threads like these never really get that popular here.

Support Lara and the Tomb Raider franchise, VOTE! :tmb:

Thanks for informing us Conway. :wve:

Conway
21-12-07, 12:11
Sorry, but I voted for God of War II. Big fan here, but good to hear that Anniversary was among the best. :tmb: I have my reasons.

:wve:
Of course. For me, when I saw Anniversary pitted against Assassin's, I just had to vote for Lara. Biased, of course. But getting pitted against a fully next-gen game?

As for the Best PS2 Game of 2007, since TRA is more of recent memory, the fun and astonishment I got from the game is still more fresh. But, yes, GOW2 was a great game.

Come on people, even if it's not looking that great for TRA right now, we could all vote and get it at least a little bit higher on the list. I actually get quite disappointed with TR fans when it gets to things like this. It seems people at other gaming forums gather around and cast their votes to support their favourite game franchise, but threads like these never really get that popular here.

Support Lara and the Tomb Raider franchise, VOTE! :tmb:

Thanks for informing us Conway. :wve:
Sure thing, George.

Night Crawler
21-12-07, 12:22
I voted for The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

James_Rutland
21-12-07, 12:23
I voted for The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

You chose THAT over TR!? Sorry.. Well we all have our own opinion. :)

Night Crawler
21-12-07, 12:27
You chose THAT over TR!? Sorry.. Well we all have our own opinion. :)Yeah, I enjoyed it more. TRA is one of the crappest games I bought this year.

Betal
21-12-07, 12:30
It doesn't look good for TRA.:(:p

It's probably because of all ¨Tomb raider is saw gay¨ people.

Conway
21-12-07, 14:56
I'm hoping Underworld will get better recignition. Something up the ranks of Assassin's and Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc. Legend and Anniversary have been no more than fleeting sensations. Something that hardly got noticed or remembered before release by the general gaming community, and more so after release. Here's hoping for the best. Anyway, keep voting people.

maximum_123
21-12-07, 16:26
If you posted this earlier I could've used all the computers in the schools ICT rooms to get more votes! Lmao!

I honestly detest of TR:AE but if it makes Lara win something... I'm for it!

SamReeves
21-12-07, 16:35
I was surprised TRA was a candidate given all the techie problems. Anyway I lent my support. :p

silver_wolf
21-12-07, 20:24
wow.........nice picture....that's one way to get votes....

tomblover
21-12-07, 20:30
omfg tits lol

Seriously though. Can't open the page. Lovely picture as well. :o

-DaNnEe..
21-12-07, 20:57
Love that picture :tmb: !

Lara's Backpack
21-12-07, 21:16
Well atleast our Lara made the cut for voting at all :tmb:

da tomb raider!
21-12-07, 21:26
Sorry, but I wouldn't vote for Lara Croft or Tomb Raider Anniversary if you payed me.

silver_wolf
21-12-07, 21:43
...then why are you here?

da tomb raider!
21-12-07, 21:45
...then why are you here?

Why shouldn't I be here? I just don't like Anniversary or what Lara Croft has become.

silver_wolf
21-12-07, 21:46
well I thought the vote was generally for best character....or something like that.
EDIT:nvm, I misunderstood the purpose of the contest, sorry

Conway
22-12-07, 01:17
Well atleast our Lara made the cut for voting at all :tmb:
Indeed. She hasn't lost her touch after all.

Sorry, but I wouldn't vote for Lara Croft or Tomb Raider Anniversary if you payed me.
I would if I get paid. I mean, seriously. Getting paid to for voting a game at no cost at all? C'mon!

Alex Fly
22-12-07, 09:38
Voted ! :tmb:

_Lam
22-12-07, 14:00
Lara will never win, she's nomited with Assassin's Creed and GOW2 ! Like huge game.

But I voted.

danny.rex
22-12-07, 14:59
There is little change for TRA winning, but last is too low for our Lara, we need to support her

(Hopefully TRU will kick much @ss in 2008)

Twilight
23-12-07, 00:44
i wont vote for it. its not the best action/adventure game. it was short, linear, frustrating and boring. it doesnt deserve the title. Assassin's Creed does. hopefully in 2008 Tomb Raider Underworld will finally revive the series.

God Horus
23-12-07, 14:12
Voted. Hope she wins!

*learns how to change IP Address so can vote multiple times* :D

Conway
23-12-07, 14:27
@ Horus: Clever, but I doubt you'll have the patience to vote thousands of times to overtake the first placers. :D

EDIT: Apparently, Lara's already overtaken Persona 3 for Best PS2 Game for 2007. She's no longer in last place.

M.A.
24-12-07, 16:02
Voted! :D

I'm not expecting TRA to win but as fans can't we just spare some votes so that it doesn't end at the bottom of the poll? Show some love people! :D

tampi
24-12-07, 16:13
I have voted three times deleting cookies :D;):cln:

PARANOIA
24-12-07, 17:11
Now you're just cheating. Now you're showing how weak (not to mention immature) the fanbase is to have to resort to gimmick tactics like deleting cookies, changing IP addresses, proxies, etc..

Come, now, can we act our age?

Sir Croft
24-12-07, 17:45
Voted!
Come on guys, just vote, we know that Lara won't beat Assassin's Creed or GoW2 but at least a better place like 2nd or 3rd. :D

Lara Croft!
24-12-07, 17:58
I voted.... Things are looking bad for Lara...

BoyTRaider
24-12-07, 20:22
I don't like that Lara image at all to be honest. They are portraying her as a *****. :o

PARANOIA
24-12-07, 20:22
I don't like that Lara image at all to be honest. They are portraying her as a *****. :o

Indeed.

"Tomb Raider? Lara Croft. Boobs! SEX!"

Conway
29-12-07, 14:51
And the results are in. Seems like the daring image didn't do much difference. :p Then again, as previously mentioned, just the fact that Tomb Raider's still recognized in awardings like this says a lot about the franchise's staying power. Kudos to Eidos and CD for that at the very least. Next year then, people. By that time, we'll be voting or Underworld. :D :tmb:

http://i18.************/6owad8n.jpg

kooky
29-12-07, 14:53
Well, it looks like assassins creed & god of war II are going to win this year... :(

Conway
29-12-07, 14:57
@ kooky: They're the official winners now. I think they deserve it. :tmb: