PDA

View Full Version : What language would you like to learn/master?

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 11:01
I like these languages:

Indonesian (My native language);
English (My second language. Very useful for talking to foreigner);
Hindi (My mother has Indian blood. She and her parents has never learned Hindi or Indian language though. I'd like to go to India);
Latin (Inspired by a game. Sounds quite unique).
So what is yours? :)

rowanlim
21-12-07, 11:06
I can speak english, malay, & a smattering of chinese so...i'd like to learn:

1. gaelic (its an obsession)

2. chinese

3. tamil (learning abit from my hubby haha)

4. french

5. italian

:wve:

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 11:09
I can speak english, malay, & a smattering of chinese so...i'd like to learn:

1. gaelic (its an obsession)

2. chinese

3. tamil (learning abit from my hubby haha)

4. french

5. italian

rowan: You are Chinese, right? Do you speak Mandarin? And Tamil is the language of the Tamils (Black Indian), isn't it?

Betal
21-12-07, 11:12
I already speak Swedish and English. And I want to learn french.:D

RAID
21-12-07, 11:12
I speak English and Italian, apart from my native language. Now I wanna learn Spanish :).

ivannnnn
21-12-07, 11:15
I also wanna learn Japanese. :tmb:

rowanlim
21-12-07, 11:21
rowan: You are Chinese, right? Do you speak Mandarin? And Tamil is the language of the Tamils (Black Indian), isn't it?

yes i'm chinese, but i don't speak chinese...i'm learning to pick it up though :)

tamil is one of the languages of indian people...i'm learning it because it's quite fun to use it :vlol:

Necromanser
21-12-07, 11:28
I speak English and Italian, apart from my native language. Now I wanna learn Spanish :).
What is your antive language?

Learning Latin would be good because then I could learn Italian and other similar languages easier,I'm planning to learn chinese this year.

danitiwa
21-12-07, 11:38
I speak:

-Swedish: My nationality.
-Serbian: My mom is Serbian. (And I lived in Serbia for 5 years.)
and
-English: I've gone to English schools my entire life.

fluently.

I want/should learn:

-German: It's sort of easy to learn for people who are swedish, and I live in Germany. (I speak only a little at the moment. :p

Reggie
21-12-07, 11:40
Japanese. And funnily enough I'm doing it here at college right now. Just earned myself a break after learning all my hiragana :D

Bumio
21-12-07, 11:44
French

Nemo_91
21-12-07, 11:52
English & French. :wve:

Forwen
21-12-07, 12:00
English http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/Smilies/angryrazz.gif

lillyc
21-12-07, 12:34
I speak:
-Romanian
-English
-French

Will learn:
-Spanish
-Italian

Fish.
21-12-07, 12:35
I don't know why but I'd love to learn to speak Dutch. I have some friends that don't speak much English very well, and I think it would be nice to converse in a language they're familiar in. :)

Rexie
21-12-07, 12:42
I speak:
-*Lithuanian at home(with my family)
-Swedish in school and with other people
-Finnish when I am bored
-*insert towns name here* dialect XD what?Is a language -_-'

I want to Learn:
-Russian-for no apparent reason
-German-again dunno why XD

*everytime I speak to my mom she corrects me...I can still speak Lithuanian,but not spell it O_o

raiderfun
21-12-07, 12:51
I speak dialect arabic, classical arabic, french , english and a little bit of Italian. I wish I could learn German & Chinese & japanase . :)

MrBear
21-12-07, 13:32
I would like to be a lot better at Spanish, but more than that I wish I mastered Latin... there's just something about it :p

also, French is a beautiful language, I wish I knew that when I chose German..

also also, Swahili :D "tika nga wayu, simba nga wayu yaya" (probably spelled wrong, but what the heck)

Mr.Burns
21-12-07, 13:51
I am semi fluent in Spanish. But I would love to learn Russian.

xcrushterx
21-12-07, 13:53
Can only speak English idiomatically :(

I'm learning Latin though :D Can't imagine a situation where I'd need to speak that, though =\

Angel_14
21-12-07, 13:59
First I have to learn to speak my own language properly :D And if I succeed, I'd like to learn French. I started learning German this year.

petujaymz
21-12-07, 14:08
Norwegian.

My brother's home for Christmas.

He's got his laptop with him and Windows is set to Norwegian. It's doing my nut in!

Velkommen - Welcome

Avbryte - Cancel

Erm... can't remember any more.

Ikas90
21-12-07, 14:08
I'm fluent in 2 languages, English and Greek. I would like to master them both.

Apart from that, I would like to learn most Latin and European languages, maybe even Japanese.

jarhead
21-12-07, 14:13
German and/or Russian. I think they sound really good and powerful

Nemo_91
21-12-07, 14:13
I'm learning Latin though :D Can't imagine a situation where I'd need to speak that, though =\

I'd like to learn latin! :tmb:

Tomb Raider Master
21-12-07, 14:15
I know Croatian, Serbian, English, Italian, French, Spanish and Latin. I'd like to learn Greek.

MiCkiZ88
21-12-07, 14:18
Already know Swedish, Spanish, English, German and some French & Italian. Would love to learn Japanese, Chinese and get better in Spanish. :)

Edit: Damn it! Forgot about Hebrew. Wanna learn it better.

NemesisxAngelus
21-12-07, 14:18
I'd love to learn Latin, Finnish, Arabic, and maybe some Italian & Japanese. :)

mizuno_suisei
21-12-07, 14:20
To all the forumers who would like to/are learning/ or can speak Japanese, Good on you! Best language IMO.

I can speak fluent English, and I'm about 3/4 to fluency in Jappo as my teacher tells me.

ganbatte minnasan!

Drone
21-12-07, 14:22
I know English, Turkish, Russian, a bit German. Would like to learn Dutch language

Andariel
21-12-07, 14:23
I speak English and Japanese (from my mother) because Im bi-racial. I also learned Greek and French from classes and Rosetta. Its hard work but I might try to learn Spanish in the future if I ever have the time and that will be it.

Lara.Jolie7
21-12-07, 14:26
I speak Inglish, Spanish and Portuguese

I like Polish and Latin ^^

Archetype
C++! :mis:

... but on a slightly more serious note.. i would like to learn German.

Had 2 years of it in secondary school, but i learned pretty much nothing.

SparkleCroft07
Chinese/ Spainish ;)

Deamonella
21-12-07, 14:42
C++! :mis:

... but on a slightly more serious note.. i would like to learn German.

Had 2 years of it in secondary school, but i learned pretty much nothing.

I would like to master C++ too!

pEhouse
21-12-07, 14:46
I speak English pretty well already, but I'm not perfect. So first of all I would like to master English. I know very little French. Had it in school for 4 years but I haven't been doin anything lately. Then Spanish. My Spanish is getting pretty good too. A lot of times I don't know the gramma rules but I can just tell what's right and wrong from the way it sounds. It seems like I have a talent for languages.
I would like to know some turkish because there are a lot of turkish people here in Germany and sometimes I wonder what they are talking about all the time... :D
Other than that I'm interested in all languages. My goal is to be fluent in at least 5 one day lol.

Oh I'm going to school for programming languages (is that what you call it? lol) and we learned some C++ last year.. but this year we settled for Java.

maximum_123
21-12-07, 14:47
Can Speak

English
French
(Unfluent) Japanese
(Unfluent) Spanish

Would like to speak

Fluent Japanese
Fluent Spanish
Latin

digitizedboy
21-12-07, 14:51
Urdu.

NemesisxAngelus
21-12-07, 15:22
I know English, Turkish, Russian, a bit German. Would like to learn Dutch language

I can teach you if you'd like, since that's my first language. :) I can speak Dutch, English & German.

Hmm this thread makes me want to follow a course for one of my languages I'd like to learn.

Naz2000
21-12-07, 15:24
French - I love that language, very sexy

Drone
21-12-07, 15:30
I can teach you if you'd like, since that's my first language. :) I can speak Dutch, English & German.

Hmm this thread makes me want to follow a course for one of my languages I'd like to learn.

Admles
21-12-07, 15:31
I'd really like to understand the language spoken by the females of the human species..... I just can't understand them most of the time :(

Lemmie
21-12-07, 15:34
I already speak English fluently and French well. I am hoping to learn Russian and German this year, and Italian at some point in the future.

Although, I am always on the lookout to learn a new language.

James_Rutland
21-12-07, 15:45
Chinese
Italian

:)!

abdul wahab
21-12-07, 15:53
I can speak,

English
Urdu
Hindi
French
Spanish

I wanna master,

German

badboy70
21-12-07, 15:54
I'd like to learn Gaelic and Portugese :D

I already speak Dutch, French and English :)

maximum_123
21-12-07, 15:56
I'd really like to understand the language spoken by the females of the human species..... I just can't understand them most of the time :(

:vlol: Good One! Me too.

Cord_Croft
21-12-07, 16:09
I can speak English =D

I'm learning Chinese and German. I absolutley love German! Would like to carry on learning it at college. But Chinese is so very very hard :p
Would like to learn another european language, no idea which one. Probably French, but everyone knows French and Spanish, so would like to learn something sexier. Russian sounds pretty awesome, but rather... weird? Glenn (badboy70) has told me that Dutch is pretty easy, and it sounds nice to learn.
I think I'll settle with something that sounds simalar to German.. i guess Estonian. It sounds pretty =D

aquaflute
21-12-07, 16:14
right now planning to be swift with Spanish.
Hope that I can truely master Chinese and English someday:(

Anajrob
21-12-07, 16:16
I speak Serbian (my native language :p)

Learning: English, Russian (not good at it), Latin (I know the grammar very well, though can't memorize the words :D)

Would like to learn: German (sounds cool and rough :p)

Dakaruch
21-12-07, 16:18
Well my native language is Portuguese...

i can speak somewhat good English and a bit of French sometimes...

i would like to learn: Spanish and German...

TombFreak
21-12-07, 17:26
:DFrench and Spanish. French helps you in lititure!!!

jeremyANDROGYNY
21-12-07, 17:27
My native language is English and right now I'm taking German classes at the high school. I'd be up for studying Chinese and Japanese though.

nirvanaa
21-12-07, 17:45
I'm now learning English at the secondary school, But I want to learn French because I think it sounds beautiful. :)

Camera Obscura
21-12-07, 17:51
Italian sounds nice. And maybe pick up on my french (taken four years of french yet my oral sucks :cen:).

Thorir
21-12-07, 18:07
Avbryte - Cancel

Avbryt. :ton:

Id like to learn Icelandic properly. Its a interesting language.

Japanese would be nice...
Id like to learn some French, but its difficult to pronounce!

Aurimas
21-12-07, 18:11

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-12-07, 18:15
Japanese. I know a little, but I really need to learn more. :p

Sekhraider
21-12-07, 18:59
Well I would like to get back into French again. I took 3yrs of it back in HS. And Spanish I want to learn more too. I took 3yrs of it back in college. I also want to learn Latin and Japanese:D

Reggie
21-12-07, 19:09
To all the forumers who would like to/are learning/ or can speak Japanese, Good on you! Best language IMO.

I can speak fluent English, and I'm about 3/4 to fluency in Jappo as my teacher tells me.

ganbatte minnasan!

Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

tomblover
21-12-07, 21:24
Can speak, at least a bit:

Swedish (Native Language)
English (Fluent, almost like a second native tounge.)
French (Only a little.)

Want to speak:

Japanese

:D

CerebralAssassin
21-12-07, 21:48
1.Italian

2.C++ :tmb:

I'm fluent in 2 languages, English and Greek. I would like to master them both.

Apart from that, I would like to learn most Latin and European languages, maybe even Japanese.

Σιγουρα ξερει Σακης ελληνικα καλα? :D

gotha-666
21-12-07, 21:50
i speak arabic [most of the arabian languages, like: syrian, labanese, egyptian, kuwaiti, emirati, iraqi [my 1st language], and others :D. oooh and english :p.

im learnin german and ancient egyptian :D

Sekhraider
21-12-07, 21:52
i speak arabic [most of the arabian languages, like: syrian, labanese, egyptian, kuwaiti, emirati, iraqi [my 1st language], and others :D.

im learnin german and ancient egyptian :D
wow, I wanna learn Ancient Egyptian. I wanna learn Ancient Hebrew too. The Arabic languages fascinate me maybe one day i'll take those up too.:)

ajrich17901
21-12-07, 22:39
My Normal Language (English)

Studyin
(Japanese)
(Korean)
(Chinese Mandarin)

Wanna learn
(French)

just*raidin*tomb
21-12-07, 23:10
French

TRF
21-12-07, 23:15
-German: It's sort of easy to learn for people who are swedish, and I live in Germany. (I speak only a little at the moment. :p

That would be tough... If you live in Germany and you speak just alittle bit, is going to be hard....

I speak Dutch, English, German and a littlebit Portuegees.. (Only 4 words, lol... I'm still learning...) And i live in Belgium, so i kinda need these first three langueges (spelling!)

I would like to speak, Spanish and french....

What just wonders me, Why wouldn't anyone wants to learn Dutch??

gotha-666
21-12-07, 23:33
That would be tough... If you live in Germany and you speak just alittle bit, is going to be hard....

I speak Dutch, English, German and a littlebit Portuegees.. (Only 4 words, lol... I'm still learning...) And i live in Belgium, so i kinda need these first three langueges (spelling!)

i think that dutch is the same as german??.. lol maybe not, i told u im stupid :tea:

NemesisxAngelus
21-12-07, 23:38

I guess you have to, even if you don't want to, to learn French as a Flemish person.

Dutch is such a great language, they probably wouldn't like it since it isn't spoken in many countries. :)

@gotcha-666: Some words are quite alike, but German & Dutch the same? I wish, would have made it lots easier. :jmp:
@Drone: maybe by pm? I don't know, but I'd like you to teach you some basic words and such. :)

Mad Tony
21-12-07, 23:42
I can speak English (obviously :p) and I know a little bit of French.
I would love to learn Russian.

Necromanser
22-12-07, 02:01
C++ :tmb

Would love to learn it but it'll take years of practice.

kryptonite23
22-12-07, 02:03
I want to master French,Filipino,English and Swedish :tmb:

albert28
22-12-07, 02:05
Italian,Frencha and English :cln:

Tomb Raider 5194
22-12-07, 02:15
I only speak Spanish and English but I would like to learn alot of other languages such as French, Italian, Russian and Japanese. Though I probably will never learn all of them XD

Lara's Backpack
22-12-07, 02:29
Im learning Japanese and Untill recently French aswell...

Australian English is my native language.

ivannnnn
22-12-07, 03:24
Can only speak English idiomatically :(

To my knowledge, Latin is the official language of Vatican. You can speak with that pope or church members. :rolleyes: :)

Shark_Blade
22-12-07, 03:53
I'm learning French and Mandarin. Looking forward to Italian