PDA

View Full Version : DVD Viewer Thingy

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-12-07, 17:02
Hey everyone! I'm at work right now and I had to bring my 4-year-old baby cousin with me. I can't run the store with him all over the place, so right now my aunt (who is younger than me, 19) is watching the store while I'm trying to keep my cousin occupied here in the office. Anyway, things are going to pick up and I will need to be making some bouquets and talking with customers very soon. I have a DVD with cartoons on it for my cousin to watch; however, the computer here doesn't have the capabilities required. Does anyone know of a free program that can enable this PC to watch dvds? I would GREATLY appreciate it, thanks! :hug:

maximum_123
21-12-07, 17:04
VLC Media Player... it's free. You'll like it... try it :p

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Lavinder
21-12-07, 17:04
Hey everyone! I'm at work right now and I had to bring my 4-year-old baby cousin with me. I can't run the store with him all over the place, so right now my aunt (who is younger than me, 19) is watching the store while I'm trying to keep my cousin occupied here in the office. Anyway, things are going to pick up and I will need to be making some bouquets and talking with customers very soon. I have a DVD with cartoons on it for my cousin to watch; however, the computer here doesn't have the capabilities required. Does anyone know of a free program that can enable this PC to watch dvds? I would GREATLY appreciate it, thanks! :hug:

VLC media player could help, it plays most of my DVD's :).

Capt. Murphy
21-12-07, 17:06
I'm not sure... How about this?

http://www.divx.com/dff/index.php

Sorry. I downloaded it before, but have yet to check it out. :-/

Edit: maybe it's not what you're looking for. But it was the first thing that came to my mind. And the Pro-Version was being offered for free last week. :-(

george_croft
21-12-07, 18:56
Like maximum said, download VLC. It plays just about anything. :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-12-07, 19:15
Thanks everyone. :hug:

I've come across a problem though... The PC doesn't even register that a DVD is in it. :vlol:

So yeah, this sucks. I'm stuck babysitting and trying to work at the same time. Good thing my aunt is here though, I've basically put her in charge of customers while I'm back here with little cuz. :p

I'm hoping he will take a nap or something soon though, because I still have a lot of work to do. O.o

maximum_123
21-12-07, 19:16
Thanks everyone. :hug:

I've come across a problem though... The PC doesn't even register that a DVD is in it. :vlol:

So yeah, this sucks. I'm stuck babysitting and trying to work at the same time. Good thing my aunt is here though, I've basically put her in charge of customers while I'm back here with little cuz. :p

I'm hoping he will take a nap or something soon though, because I still have a lot of work to do. O.o

Maybe it's been locked to not recognize things in drive... like at school.

:p! Well... er... have fun?

spikejones
21-12-07, 19:18
two things:
1. is it a DVD drive?
2. assuming that, codecs are needed regardless of what program you use. VLC uses the libdvdcss library to decode the DVD's. However if it is anything like my Linux version, you might need to install it separately.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-12-07, 19:18
I don't think it's locked. I manage my mother's business, and the PC they have back here is one that we've had for a few years... Honestly, I think it's about 7 years old. Maybe that has a lot to do with it. :p :vlol:

I know this thing has played DVDs before though; however, the DVD I'm trying to use now is something cheap I bougth at the dollar store. I don't know if that makes any difference, but it's what's going on right now anyways.