PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! My lap top just got broken!

Aurimas
22-12-07, 11:47

Necromanser
22-12-07, 11:51
My condolences,I know how it is to lose a pc.

rowanlim
22-12-07, 11:52
could you fix it? if you can't, then you'll just have to buy a new one...no need to fret :)

Lavinder
22-12-07, 11:54
Cant you just try fitting it back in ?

Aurimas
22-12-07, 11:56

myrmaad
22-12-07, 11:56
Cant you just try fitting it back in ?

Right, if the key came off you can firmly press it back on. It is minor. If that's not the trouble give us more detailed info.

Lavinder
22-12-07, 11:59
I meant that I not broked the whole lap top, but just the one mouse key which is on it.
I don't know if I can fix it, I think not, because the plastic part on the button got broked and .... well and don't know what to do... and how to tell my parents this... CRYIES.

First thing to do is calm down, try taking it to somewhere to be repaired or maybe even gluing it back on yourself?

After all it's only 1 button, I'd hardly called that totaled :p.

Aurimas
22-12-07, 11:59

Lavinder
22-12-07, 12:04
When I fit it back. I is too much agile. It see that the plastic part which connected it to my lap top corps and the button from behind smashed.

Can you not take a picture? I'm finding it hard to understand what you're trying to describe. Use your initiative and common sense - think about how it was attached before, then try and fix it in terms of trying to get it back to how it was before.

Necromanser
22-12-07, 12:06
I meant that I not broked the whole lap top, but just the one mouse key which is on it.
I don't know if I can fix it, I think not, because the plastic part on the button got broked and .... well and don't know what to do... and how to tell my parents this... CRYIES.
I thought you had broken it in half r something and btw Lavinder's right,try to figure out how to pot the button back on.

xcrushterx
22-12-07, 12:08
Is it a key, or the clicker for the mouse?

Anyway, I doubt your parents will go ape at you for doing that. Just give it to a computer shop to repair if you are unable to fix it back on yourself.

Nannonxyay
22-12-07, 12:08
Wait, so you broke one key...but it still works? Then why don't you just get a mouse to connect to the laptop with a usb? I really don't see the problem...It's not like your hardrive got fried or something mega like that. :rolleyes: I've done this before with the tab button, it still worked it just had a little button which I had to press when I wanted to use the tab. (Buttons beneath the plastic keys)

Lavinder
22-12-07, 12:12
I cant see how you've broken it,how has it broken exactly? I'm always popping my keys out to clean underneath :p.

Aurimas
22-12-07, 12:17

tampi
22-12-07, 12:17
The truth has only one direction Aurimas.
The best thing you can do is say it how sooner, better.;)

myrmaad
22-12-07, 12:18
Edit after seeing picture:

Ah, it's your TOUCHPAD!

Let me look into it, what brand and model is your laptop?

What I wrote earlier:

I cant see how you've broken it,how has it broken exactly? I'm always popping my keys out to clean underneath :p.

Lavinder is right, I do the same thing. I have one that comes off once in a while, and I just press it back on gently but firmly into the little tiny plastic grooves. It looks like it's broken, but it's not on my computer.

In the case that it's actually broken, a repair shop can install a new keyboard, and it is not terribly expensive. Maybe $100 US at most. (which would include a brand new keyboard). It would cost less if they do not need to install a new keyboard, so it would only cost the fee for the repair person's time. It's as simple as installing new RAM, (which if you have to get your keyboard repaired, I would try to talk my parents into upgrading my ram to maximum while it's at the repair shop, if you don't already have the max.)

Aurimas
22-12-07, 12:20

myrmaad
22-12-07, 12:30
It's ok, see? You can get it repaired, and in the meantime just use a mouse until you can fix it or get a fixed.

I use a wireless mouse most of the time anyway, even on my laptop, I just took this picture to show you:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/CIMG0111-1.jpg

kewlkyle64
22-12-07, 16:04
Aurimas- Take a picture! The diagram doesn't help. If you really want help, post a picture of where it was broken.

God Horus
22-12-07, 16:24
The diagram does not help at all. Please post a picture. If something is broken, there's nothing superglue can't glue together!

nick-xx
22-12-07, 16:38
1. this should be in technical section
2. dont need to panic this part is fixable i mean you can change a new touchpad if you know how to.

xcrushterx
22-12-07, 16:41
1. this should be in technical section

Not necessarily - the laptop is physically broken, not having problems with running anything.

Greenkey2
22-12-07, 18:10
This isn't a technical question really.

Aurimas, if the key cannot be glued or fixed back into place, you simply need to get a wireless mouse to use instead. The laptop isn't heading for that Great Big Server Room in the sky just yet :wve:

Betal
22-12-07, 18:15
1. Buy a mouse
2. Connect the mouse to your laptop.

Done.:D
I always use a mouse with my laptop. Can't use the touchpad... It's too hard for me.:p

Thorpe
22-12-07, 18:50
It could be worse. I spilled cola all over mine.

Rexie
22-12-07, 18:57
and my cousin hit mine with anything he could reach XD he is only 4 years old...he didn't know what it was...he broke it so,that it was so damaged that I needed to throw it,then he attacked my PC..but I could repair it...

TombFreak
22-12-07, 19:02
and my cousin hit mine with anything he could reach XD he is only 4 years old...he didn't know what it was...he broke it so,that it was sp damaged that I needed to trhow it,then he attached my PC..but I could repair it...

Oooooooooooooo, ouch.

xcrushterx
22-12-07, 20:28
It could be worse. I spilled cola all over mine.
My sister dropped hers down a concrete flight of stairs and it is still alive! =D