PDA

View Full Version : Do people need love?

Andariel
22-12-07, 16:51
At sometime or another I think we all want it. I didnít think I did but now I want to go look for it. Itís kind of depressing seeing my friends with their lovers and yet Iím the one thatís single. Listening to love songs brings this feeling out of me. Do you think humans are meant to find love? I donít see any other reason for us existing.

jackali
22-12-07, 16:53
Humans are social beings, by nature, so it would make sense that it is right that we form emotional bonds. I think that "love" isn't our purpose, I'm not even sure we have one, but it's pretty damned good when you have it. I say go forth and look.

Tomb Raider Master
22-12-07, 16:54
Yes, we do. Even more than we think.

Mona Sax
22-12-07, 16:57
Depends on the person, I guess, but I think that most people want love and romance in their lives. I know a few people who prefer to stay single even though they could be in a relationship, but I'm definitely not one of them. So yeah, I guess I need love.

pEhouse
22-12-07, 16:58
Do we need it? No. Do we need it to be happy? Yes.

Melonie Tomb Raider
22-12-07, 16:59
Most of us do need love, but not all. For example, Paul, from the Bible, had the gift of celebacy and did not want or need love. This isn't the case with the majority though.

My boyfriend is my first and only love I've ever had, and I just can't immagine life without him. Love is wonderful! :hug:

Rexie
22-12-07, 17:00
I don't need it...My mom told me too much love stories so I decided to stay away from it...and yes,my signature says "here I sit alone without a boyfriend" but that is just a joke...The only thing I want is other people to be happy,do what they want...and I gonna be a lone wolf for ever...and gonna enjoy it....

oh God that matched with my icon XO

Beanz
22-12-07, 17:02
Simple.... Yeah :)

jamieoliver22
22-12-07, 17:54
Yes, we do. Even more than we think.

Seconded. We would be nothing without love, and love feels so special.

nick-xx
22-12-07, 17:58
yes definitely is something so wonderful that i cant explain

@rexie you are still young so dont say this

Reggie
22-12-07, 18:00
Hmm, its such a grey area.
But in short, I personally could not live without love.

dizzydoil
22-12-07, 18:00
I need love, even more than i think. :)
I don't always get it though... :(

Dakaruch
22-12-07, 18:02
Well we all need love! Yes we all need it... Not necessarily love for another person that you want for spending the rest of your days with, but the love of your parents, brothers, sisters, etc!
Life without love for someone/to someone is not life! We are social creatures and therefore we need to have such feelings towards other persons to feel fully realized... At least that's what i think, of course that there are some exceptions as everything in life, but those are very few!

Greenkey2
22-12-07, 18:06
Love is the yeast that turns the dough of life into the bread of heaven.

[/extremely whimsical moment]

But seriously I think we are all meant to find love. If we have passion in our lives - romantic, spiritual, for a hobby, place or person - then our lives have meaning. Without passion life is dull, tedious and very, very lonely.

Drone
22-12-07, 18:07
There will be always love no matter do we need it or not. I can't be 100% sure. We do need love .. We do not need love ... But love still wins so we do need :)

NemesisxAngelus
22-12-07, 18:11
Hmm this is a nice question what gets you pondering. :)

In a certain extent we human beings need love. But love in the way as a soulmate, true love? No.
But someone who will support you in your actions, willing to forgive your mistakes, everyone needs that kind of love.

Nannonxyay
22-12-07, 18:22
Not for everyone. It depends what sort of person you are. But then again, without love you could be very lonely.

USP
22-12-07, 18:26
Most people,yes.
There have been a few famous exceptions.

vespertea
22-12-07, 18:36
I think we do, yes. For survival, no, but on a natural level, yes.

PoetOfTheLife
22-12-07, 18:38
Sometimes,not for everyone.Some people like live lonely.But i prefer friends,not lover.

Cord_Croft
22-12-07, 19:06
I think we all do at some point, some more than others. It makes me feel sad when i see my friends with their boyfriends, and with their girlfriends, I'm not jealous, i just feel left out thats all.
But yeah, i think we all need a bit of "el oh vee eee" in our life =)

rowanlim
23-12-07, 03:21
Yes people need love. We need to feel that we are treasured, that our well-being is important, to make us feel that we are worth something, then it drives us to want to be better & to contribute more... :hug:

awww i miss my hubby :p

nick-xx
23-12-07, 03:56
also forget andariel "All you need is love" from Beatles ;)

Necromanser
23-12-07, 04:55
Not all of us need love :pi:

trXD
23-12-07, 05:05
Its like a doughnut, we dont need it but its pretty damn good :D

cue homer simpson

"mmmmm loooove *drools*"

Tihocan9
23-12-07, 05:13
Well it depend on who you are, most people want to love and want to be loved becuase it makes them feel happy but sometimes some people just want to be alone (me right now for example) and don't really want to be around people that much but love is part of what humans are, without love we are just like instinct driven animals (yes I know you know what I mean)

ajrich17901
23-12-07, 05:37
Depends on the person some dont need it

Soma Holiday
23-12-07, 06:00
I hate love...I wish it would leave me the **** alone.

GodOfLight
23-12-07, 06:03
I am quite shocked at some of the superficial responses in this thread, making it seem like everything is about finding or getting love from others, including love from a boyfriend/girlfriend and sexual love... and all this vs. living a celibate life.

if you are really asking a question on if we need 'LOVE' then of course we do, but everyong carries that inside of themselves at every moment. the only thing we humans need to have is self-love. i am not talking about selfish narcissism here, i am talking about a deep and complete acceptance and love for oneself. Being able to love yourself is like being able to love god. And only if you yourself are overflowing with love, do you even have a chance in finding love with others.

So yes, people need to love themselves, in order to love the universe around themselves.

myrmaad
23-12-07, 07:11
Well we all need love! Yes we all need it... Not necessarily love for another person that you want for spending the rest of your days with, but the love of your parents, brothers, sisters, etc!
Life without love for someone/to someone is not life! We are social creatures and therefore we need to have such feelings towards other persons to feel fully realized... At least that's what i think, of course that there are some exceptions as everything in life, but those are very few!

I, and most sociologists, psychologists, agree with you, Nuno. When a human baby is born and is deprived of nurturing human contact (which is what love is), they suffer severe developmental disorders and some even die.

Rexie
23-12-07, 09:08
yes definitely is something so wonderful that i cant explain

@rexie you are still young so dont say this

I SAT THE WRONG AGE ON TRF for gods sake...and I look younger than I am...

Ikas90
23-12-07, 13:15
Love is a wonderful thing, but it can also cause pain. It can make you happy, and it can make you suffer. When love begins to hurt, it becomes a world of pain and misery.

Archetype
23-12-07, 13:18
Love is pretty much the reason we exist.. its the connection between people. Whether it be in a relationship or friendship.

10000 CC's of love STAT!

Geck-o-Lizard
23-12-07, 13:48
I think it depends on the person, and on your definition of "love".

Another Lara
23-12-07, 13:54
Love means different things to different people, hence broken hearts!!!

When two people both love each other everything's great, but love can be very very cruel and painful when it's one sided...

Unfortunately for me, I have only ever suffered from the one sided version!:(

But then I don;t think you should go out looking for it, that's what leads to broken hearts and disappointments; it usually happens when you're least expecting it.

MiCkiZ88
23-12-07, 14:16
Love is great. It can make you want to do things better or work harder for your goals. Being in love is.. well, you can't explain it in words. You have to experience it. Maybe it is needed to live since you don't really want to live when all love is gone. Well it depends on the person.. but yeh. You get what I mean.

Seb_01225
23-12-07, 14:18
always ends badly!
so i'm going to say no!
thats just past expirience!

RAID
23-12-07, 14:20
I most definitely need it in my life. However, not right now. I got a few more things to take care of before I settle down.

Encore
23-12-07, 21:58
paraphrasing Robert Downey Jr...

I'm gonna stay here and attempt not to vomit.

The ones who say we need love are the ones who are happilly married or on a stable relationship [for the time being], wonder why?
I say love doesn't exist, period.

Bumio
23-12-07, 22:05
true love is rare in these days ;) the true love is tender, care, temerarious affection and mutual understanding for ever. we think that if we cant live without someone, we call this feeling love, though if it would really be in love, people wouldn't brake up after few yrs of living together.
and i can live without this so called "love"