PDA

View Full Version : Time Travel.

abc123
23-12-07, 16:07
If Time Travel was possible, would you go to the future or the past?
(You cant save lives or anything.)

Im not sure, probably the future, see what the worlds like in 1000 years. Maybe aliens will exist

NemesisxAngelus
23-12-07, 16:10
Interesting, I've been thinking about this too for the past few days. :)

If I can't save lives I'd better go on with living this life. I don't want to know what my future would look like, I rather keep it as a mystery.

laracroft2122
23-12-07, 16:10
I don't think that time travel will be around for hundreds and hundreds of years yet, but if it ever was invented I would want to go probably back to the birth of Christ. I would also pop into see what it is like in the future. :D

Conway
23-12-07, 16:13
Time travel... Something that's always fascinated me.

oRWwI61so5Q

E2sp-clMk8s

First one: :yah:

Second one: :o Meh. :confused:

Another Lara
23-12-07, 16:15
As an archaeologist, I grew up dreaming about visiting the places I read about in books, just to see if what the books said about them was actually true...

Would love to go back to Ancient Egypt; most favorably during Rameses II reign
Ancient Greece, probably Minoan Crete
Ancient Rome, to see the City in it's full splendour

And Atlantis!:cln:

The future has never really interested me, I much prefer surprises!;)

Veronica Ma
23-12-07, 16:30
No question, I'd definitely go back in time... there are so many people I would like to talk to, ask questions, get the story first hand. :D

kryptonite23
23-12-07, 16:34
Of course future because I want to see and know what the people in the future are doing daily or their hobbies then I will imitate it :D

Vertigo
23-12-07, 16:36
Unfortunely I`m the person who lives not in her time. All my life I wanna back to 1970s, London. Jesus! What the years! Sex Pistols, Alien, great fashion!!

lillyc
Future!I want to see what things have changed.:)

Drone
I would visit all times in past and future but time travel is impossible tho because speed can't be more than lightspeed

Nannonxyay
23-12-07, 16:37
Time Travel is possible, just get on a train and fly to the other side of the world. :vlol: I'm kidding. But if it was possible, I'd go 20 years in the future, to see what my life turned out like and what was happening. Woah, that would be cool! :D

abdul wahab
23-12-07, 16:54
Future!I want to see what things have changed.:)

Exactly, Do u people have seen BIG of Tom Hanks:D

abc123
23-12-07, 16:58
Time Travel is actually theoretically possible, but no one can afford it. Its like in the trillions or something.

PARANOIA
23-12-07, 17:00
Time travel has been proven to be impossible on Earth; it's the stuff of wishes. In fact, if you wrap your head around it, it's theoretically impossible too in this universe, because if you leave to another time, you have to leave everybody else behind without them noticing.

Therefore, I have no answer.

Cord_Croft
23-12-07, 17:01
I wouldn't go forward in time, it spoils the fun =\ And dunno if I'd go back =\

Drone
23-12-07, 17:01
Time travel has been proven to be impossible on Earth; it's the stuff of wishes. In fact, if you wrap your head around it, it's theoretically impossible too in this universe, because if you leave to another time, you have to leave everybody else behind without them noticing

Yup it's impossible of course

jarhead
23-12-07, 17:02
When time travel becomes avaliable ( if it does) then it'll probably destroy the world.

But....me personally, I'd like to travel back in time, maybe victorian or around then. Jack the ripper and all that :D

Agent 47
23-12-07, 17:07
the odds are that i will depart this world at some point between 2050 and 2077 (all being well)

so, i wouldn't take the risk and go beyond 2077 (age 100), i wouldn't exist in all probability, therefore would i simply vanish :yik:

so i'll play it safe and gamble on 2070 (age 93) :jmp:

jackali
23-12-07, 17:51
Time Travel is possible, just get on a train and fly to the other side of the world.

A flying train? :eek:

Time travel has been proven to be impossible on Earth; it's the stuff of wishes. In fact, if you wrap your head around it, it's theoretically impossible too in this universe, because if you leave to another time, you have to leave everybody else behind without them noticing.

Therefore, I have no answer.

Well, it hasn't been proven impossible at all, it's been proven impossible based on guesswork. After all, on an epistemological level, can we really know anything as fact?

My answer to the initial question is this though, if I could time travel I wouldn't. I'm happy in the here and now, and I think that I want to stay here.

abc123
23-12-07, 18:28
Yup it's impossible of course

Nah dude, its possible:

"Not all scientists agree but according to Einstein and quantum theory, time travel could be possible."

Gay Gosh
23-12-07, 18:38
From my understanding, time travel is severely possible. I didn't look into the subject personally but there is a huge study on it right now. Apparently its all got to do with the light that everything the sun touches, gives off and reflects. So to sum it all up, you could go 920356074650765078346507963407630 light years away and see dinosaurs roaming the earth. Its very facinating yet mind-boggling stuff.

MiCkiZ88
23-12-07, 18:45
I wouldn't go anywhere. I love my life atm.

As for time travel generally? MEh.. I'd rather not think about it. Going to the past and changing something would affect the present time. Perhaps you or your loved ones wouldn't be here.

Drone
23-12-07, 19:09
Nah dude, its possible:

"Not all scientists agree but according to Einstein and quantum theory, time travel could be possible."

C'mon according to Einstein theory you can travel to past if your speed will be much more than light speed, and according to his theory nothing in this universe can get speed more than 299,792,458 metres per second (1,079,252,848.8 km/h or 300 000 km/s)

walk_man
23-12-07, 19:10
Past.

There are multiple things I would change. :)

jeremyANDROGYNY
23-12-07, 19:24
I'd love to go back to the past and be a little kid again. There's many things I'd change! :D

Papas
23-12-07, 19:29
C'mon according to Einstein theory you can travel to past if your speed will be much more than light speed, and according to his theory nothing in this universe can get speed more than 299,792,458 metres per second (1,079,252,848.8 km/h or 300 000 km/s)

Then we will just have to duplicate light speed.Maybe trap it.I'm thinking Black Hole:vlol:

But seriously folks.What about in the films when you press a button and you go lightspeed and you see blue stuff

Agent 47
23-12-07, 19:30
Then we will just have to duplicate light speed.Maybe trap it.I'm thinking Black Hole:vlol:

But seriously folks.What about in the films when you press a button and you go lightspeed and you see blue stuff

warping???

slingshot around the sun :D

Tihocan9
23-12-07, 20:15
I think it is possible but we are very far off, I have doubts on if we will even get to time travel and if we do then no, if you go into the past (I know this is cliche) you would do one thing to chnage anything and the future would be ruined, go into the future and you may see something you would not like to see (your death perhaps?)

Capt. Murphy
23-12-07, 20:47
The past. But you did say that no lives could be saved, which would imply that no interaction could take place that would interfere or effect future events. So, it would just be to know (observe) what happened. But how would knowing something affect me? Perhaps, instead of effecting past events (that would then change the future) discovering something that I didn't know from the past could influence my decisions in the future (or my Present). So that would mean I had done what I wasn't supposed to do. Interfere with future events. Therefor, I can not go into the past.

Bummer.

Little-Lara
24-12-07, 00:03
If Time Travel was possible, would you go to the future or the past?
(You cant save lives or anything.)

I'd go to the past and look at the creations of the seven wonders of the world.

I'd look at the how they make the beautiful movies specially the older ones.

I can tell Einstein not to split the atom. :(

Rivendell
24-12-07, 00:11
If I had a time machine, I'd go back to when I was 10 years old :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-12-07, 00:14
I would travel to the future if it became possible somehow, in a heartbeat. I'm so bored of life right now, haha.

Admles
24-12-07, 00:15
Well, time travel is not possible, but I'd go to the future and check things like stock and real estate etc, so I could buy up cheap now!

Plus a few lotto numbers wouldn't hurt either.

oocladableeblah
24-12-07, 01:49
The past there are things that I would like to see. I don't know what the future holds and if I were to go there we could be extinct or on the middle of a war and that would suck to go into, but we could also not be and it could be like in the movies.

Necromanser
24-12-07, 01:53
I'd go back into the past with a lot of gadgets and notepds full of schematics sell em to scientists and get rich.

Twilight
24-12-07, 01:54
hmm....if time travel is possible in the future, then people in the future are here, rite? weird. i wouldnt want to time travel.