PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Drugs

Tthe Spirit
24-12-07, 06:10
Few days ago some of the boys in the neigborhood (about 7) have been caught by security for dealing with drugs.
They even take syringes.

It feels awful.
5 of these are very well educated.
some graduated and others are really clever in their studies.

The other 2 (it was discovered that they are evn advertizing these drugs at schools and universities) they were really stupid and didnt amke it t school.
They are between 22 and 20 years old.
They are accused of advertizing for prohibited goods and now i thik they will be jailed for eternity.

The question is, how can people so educated be that stupid and deal with stuff they know is so fatal and disreputinjg.
The families of these guys cant show their face in th streets anymore.
Yes, it is horrible to dicover that afterb all these years, you find yourself to have failed by being a good parent, though it may not be the parents fault, but can we convice the whoe society in this?

The security says that it is a huge network.
A group that is scattered around the world.
Some of those who began this are aroad.
Some in russia, some in Dubai and Kuwait.
Who knows where else.

May the world someday become a better place.
I know myself.
I am addicted to a game.
Addicted to TR.
I am glad this is my addiction status.

Little-Lara
24-12-07, 06:47
The question is, how can people so educated be that stupid and deal with stuff they know is so fatal and disreputinjg.

I feel that way too. I also wonder why they try something they are positive will be addicting to a fatal degree. And I don't get it. :confused:

But I think I sort of found an answer just recently (one/two days ago.) A friend of mine on the phone drunk (adult, mind you) was talking and all of a sudden started joking about drugs. I kept asking, and he kept saying he never did it.

But I thought to myself: first a person gets drunk enough to loose conciousness, then he becomes a "putty" in a friends hands. After that its anyone's game! :(

You know, I really wish the mature people in this forum share their opinions on this. :) :)

coolezpunk
24-12-07, 06:58
Few days ago some of the boys in the neigborhood (about 7) have been caught by security for dealing with drugs.
They even take syringes.

I am addicted to a game.
Addicted to TR.
I am glad this is my addiction status.

That's awful, yet it happens :( . (the drugs part, I mean)

I, too, am glad that TR is my addiction! :)
Everytime my sister, mom, or friend tells me that "I'm too addicted to TR" I just simply say, "Well, at least it's not drugs!" :)

rowanlim
24-12-07, 08:06
Sigh its just sad, they are educated, they know the hazards etc, but they still get pulled into it...idiots...what a shame :(

yep i'm glad for TR...she takes up all of my energy :mis:

Capt. Murphy
24-12-07, 08:10

They are between 22 and 20 years old.
At first I thought; "OMG! 7 year old Drug dealing 'boys'?!" @_@'

Then I read the part about the 20 to 22 years of age... :-/ Well, that's better, but still not good.

The question is, how can people so educated be that stupid and deal with stuff they know is so fatal and disrupting.

It truly is stupid. "Why" is the 64 billion dollar question that can be answered with 2 cents worth of common sense. For a few reasons... To get a buzz or high (for fun), or to help them (think they're) coping with their problems. But trying to fix something with something bad, such as drugs, is only going to make things worse. How long before they need something 'harder' to get the high that they used to? How much will it gradually destroy thier body and mind before they realize they need help? And when they finally know they need help - will they be so messed that they won't care if they get help?

^This is talking about using drugs. Dealing them is, IMO, much worse. People that do this are taking advantage of other peoples weaknesses and thier need to find something that they think will help them, when it only destroys them. Do you think they care? Probably not. They may use the money to buy other drugs for themselves or use it to feed/fund other destructive vices.

Librarian
24-12-07, 08:33
Personally, I think that intelligent, well-educated people dealing and especially taking drugs, when they know damn well what the consequences are, is a symptom of a society that is deeply unhealthy. People need to stop pointing fingers at parents or musicians or computer games and quit playing the blame game. Our entire social mindset regarding violence and drugs needs to be addressed.

The question I suppose no one has an answer to is 'how?'

Capt. Murphy
24-12-07, 09:02
Personally, I think that intelligent, well-educated people dealing and especially taking drugs, when they know damn well what the consequences are, is a symptom of a society that is deeply immoral.
There. Fixed it. :-p

Tomb Raider Master
24-12-07, 10:46
It's always those who you think would never do such things. They want to be important, and that's why they often exaggerate.

la-la-lara
24-12-07, 10:55
It feels awful.
5 of these are very well educated.
some graduated and others are really clever in their studies.

Look, those drug addicts want to create problems. They don't have any problems (most of them, OK?), they are educated, their families are rich, they're deprived of nothing.
But they are teenagers and if not teenagers, they're young and they want a reason to revolve. Or sometimes they're bored of the label of "the rich guy". That's my point of view.

rowanlim
24-12-07, 11:46
Sigh the drug problem revolves around many questions:

1. who's taking the drugs?

2. why are they taking the drugs?

3. who's providing the drugs?

And other questions that goes with the above...it's just sad...I really wonder if we will ever be able to curb the drug addiction problem...

Encore
24-12-07, 12:03
To a degree I kinda understand a philosophy of self-destruction considering the state of the world and society. But to become slave to a synthetic substance is not exactly the ideal way to opose to it or to become "free". Specially considering drug money helps the system work.
And anyway I highly doubt these teenagers have all of this in mind. They just don't have anything to fight for or worry about, so, like la-la-lara said, they create their own problems and "adventures".