PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Underworld in CD-Action * Scans *

Pages : [1] 2

Pietras
27-12-07, 14:40
Tomb Raider Underworld is the cover title in the new issue of the biggest Polish computer games magazine.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/268/200801maxnc3.th.jpg (http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200801maxnc3.jpg) http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5957/page1jg2.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page1jg2.jpg) http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9482/page2rv4.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page2rv4.jpg) http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5149/page3pr0.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page3pr0.jpg) http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9345/page4vr8.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page4vr8.jpg) http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8610/page5de7.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page5de7.jpg) http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3531/page6ip1.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page6ip1.jpg) http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/384/page0wd8.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0wd8.jpg)

Translation below. Sorry for my english, It's not really good, but I tried my best. Also, there're some informations that are contradictory to what we could read in PSM3 or PLAY. Wich magazine is right? I guess we will find in the day of the release ;)

-PAGE 1-
TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD

I was promising myself a lot about this travel. Ony 22 journalists from the whole world were invited for a presentation in Merida (North-East Mexico), including the only official from Poland - CDA exponent. This exclusive show was suppoused to unveil for a first time the game, that was about to change Lara Croft's countenance. Was it accomplished?

-PAGE 2-
The game, as for now, is known under the not-really original title: Tomb Raider 8. Unofficial rumors say that the final version will eventually be released under the Tomb Raider: Underworld name. Though the developers didn't confirmed this, the news about this title being trademarked by Eidos have spread through the Internet. Besides, it's a quite good one and well-describing the content of the game title.

NEXT-GEN FOR THE FIRST TIME
I was really wound up about the new Lara, because more than a year ago, I spoke with Ian Livingstone, even before Tomb Raider Anniversary release. On a question why does Anniversary looks so similar to it's predecessor, he answered that Anniversary is only a tribute to Lara, not a next-gen game. But a one like that - indeed - is in production. Though he didn't want to tell anything more than it's being developed by Crystal Dynamics and it's working title is Tomb Raider 8. Since then I was waiting for any additional info, and it finally happened. I left covered-by-snow Poland, went through the half of the Earth and...

The intimate presentation took place in a small hotel room. Eric Lindstorm, Crystal Dynamics creative-director was talking about TR8 (or is it TRU?), while Rob Pavey, main programmer, was playing one of the levels live. It's localisation wasn't any suprise. Devs showed us the fourth level, placed in Mexican state of Chiapas, among the ruins left by the Mayan civilisation. I won't hide, that I waited for the moment of game's turn on with a great impatience, wondering how next-gen, modern and based on a completly new engine Lara would look like...

UNEXPECTED TURN OF EVENTS
The schock was significant, but unfortunatley not because of enormous amount of changes and new things. On the contrary, the first scene, with Lara standing in the forest, looked almost exactly like what what we seen in Legend two years ago. I must say, unfortunatley, that we can throw into the bin all the promises about a completly new engine being used and developed. Even an amateur would guess that it's a modified TRL and TRA engine only. Of course it's not a disadvantage at all - those games still look great. Nonetheless I had to share my frustration with you, caused by too excessive expectations.

Now after I'm done with complaining, I can progress to the next chapter of the story. The goal of the (nearly the whole) level, wich I was able to see, was to eneter the world of Mayan civilization. To do so, in a classic way, our brave miss archeologist had to climb onto tens of ledges, walk on walls, jump on piles (more about her moving abilities later), and of course solve an ancient puzzle, one of those on wich EGM (one of CDA rewievers) always grabs his hair and ask: "of what these Mayans made those springs, that even after thousands years later they're still working?!". Well, there's sth in what he says, but no one should demand too much of realism from Tomb Raider...

The game's presentation was focused on three main aspects, wich will be expanded in the final game. If made in points, it would be sth like this: Lara versus the world, Lara affects the world, Lara's doing everything you expect her to do. But I'm warning you pervs, the last point may not be what you're thinking about. Or at leats I don't know of any secret keybord combination that causes Lara to do a streptese ;-)

-PAGE 3-
LARA VERSUS THE WORLD
As in all Tomb Raider games, your biggest enemy and at the same time your biggest friend is the world. There's won't be any difference in "the eight one" in this aspect. Our heroine will still travel through different, in most cases very dangerous parts of our planet, where some ancient civilizations left some very precious tresures. There's lots of traps, trapdoors, thorns and wild fauna. Flora, on the other her will be less dangerous, but importunate for Lara nonetheless. I was really stunned when I saw that one animation - when Lara runs through the creepers, she doesn't risk her boobs being cut, but rather push the creepers aside with her hands. So small, but so exciting.

LARA AFFECTS THE WORLD
We have to say this clear: Lara needs to retire, or at least be put into a prison, for devestating everything that stands on her way. As a one-person archeological team, the lady doesn't give a ****. In places, where real archeologist would want to use the most modern and if possible the least destructive equipment, she runs into with no 'Sorry', usually leaving lots of debris behind. In Tomb Raider 8 her abilities of affecting the world surrounding her only get increased, and that is not only in pre-scripted cut-scenes and moments. One of the new abilities is the one of picking up many kinds of staff/lances and sticking them into the holes they're fit in (to avoid confusing: I'm talking about holes in walls). Of course it's all needed to bob on it for a moment and perform a jump somewhere.

LARA'S DOING EVERYTHING YOU EXPECT HER TO DO
She won't dance, she won't sing, there's also a very slim chance of her doing a... Forget it. But for sure, our heroine can do now as much as the whole circus team combined and doubled. So, if you expect form a game character to be more skilled than a monkey, jumping 1.5 meter up in the air and her hands never to be - I mean never - chewed, you couldn't find a better adress.

ENOUGH OF THE DIRTY TALK!
Let's get to the point. With what the new Tomb Raider will suprise us when released in few months? Lets begin with sth the developers didn't want to tell anything about. We needed a vise to get anything from them - and the amount of juice that came out from them was as little as from a ripe banana. We only know, as it was before, that the game won't take place only in the jungle. As Eric Lindstorm said: "We want to suprise the gamers with many interesting locations. We're not showing them now though, because without knowing the context you would thought that Lara should never end up here or there. But I can assure you that the plot is cohesive and after getting to know it, everything will be clear. We must remember about gamers expectations and not fantasizing too much. Lara on the Moon wouldn't be really a good thing.

During our conversation, I get to know that the game will take place only in the present time. The're won't be any retrospections, 15 years old Lara etc. as it happened couple of times in the past. The last thing about the storyline is that it'll be linear. Don't expect any revolution here. As in the all games in the series, Tomb Raider 8 will have only one cohesive plot without a possibility to change anything.

BAD YUCKERS
There'll be two main obstacles on Lara's way: not used to think/not very manually skilled gamer, and the enemies. The franchise is going to it's roots once again. The places Lara will visit, in most cases will be completly wild, not touched by the men for thousands of years. Thus, there won't be many human enemies. In most of the time, we will encounter many different kind of animals, on wich Lara as usual won't have much mercy, making her guns fire-red (as usual with unlimited ammo). Well - there's no one to fight for animals rights in the jungle.

-PAGE 4-
Of the creatures that appeard (during the presentation), I liked spiders the most. Little spiders came out in such a number in one moment, as if they smelled a chubby fly. Of course Lara got rid of them efficiently, even when they were literally jumping to her eyes. Bigger problems were avoided mainly thanks to no need of using the guns, but rather the soles of shoes.

A bit disappointed may be those who liked the fights with the bosses in previous instaltments. Don't expect any epic encounter like the Lara versus T-Rex one this time. The role of giant enemies in TR8 will be acceded by giant puzzles. The role of fight - by the brain-thinking.

ATTACK!
As long as we're in a topic of combat, it'll be good to stay in it for a while, since there're many significant changes in this aspect. A big fun comes from using Lara's meele attacks. I don't know where she trained, but her kicks and socks are as effective as Krav Mag's ones, but being far more eye-popping at the same time. Beggining from the simple kick/punch/sock, and finishing with a complex smother & throw combos, with the help of legs - self-defensive lessons with miss Croft are fascinating, though the students won't be able to test their knowledge in practise.

Meele combat may be useful on human enemies, but it will propablly be a bit harder with the animals. It should be noted, that the AI is well balanced. Homo sapiens know what a granade is and that you have to run away from it. Wild cats don't know it of course, but they're more militant, fast and agile. As usual, you need quite a dose of bullets to get rid of them.

A real new thing, when it comes to battle, is Lara's new ability of uplifting objects. I only saw a scene in wich she took a big staff, and could as well fight with it as throw it into an enemy. What's interesting, keeping something in one hand doesn't mean that the other one is bored in the meantime - you can always take your beretta and use it in a long-distance fight.

WE'LL REACH THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAINS
It's already became a tradition, that with every new installment of miss Croft's adventures, she gets many new moves. Even in the very first Tomb Raider, she was able to perform impossible, for a normal human acrobations (salto back combined with a meter jump in the air?! How?!), and with every new installment it got even more incredible. The programmers don't stop in their efforts to vary rock-climbing even more. If you played any of the previous Tomb Raiders, you will remember quite unrealistic/impossible column jumping. This time, Crystal Dynamics went even further. Not only you can easily get to the top of pretty much every column, but even jump onto it's tip. But that's nothing - Lara, standing nearly on only one leg, can shoot, without bothering about losing balance. It doesn't happens to her - just as tiredness from hanging or bobbing on some pole for too long.

-PAGE 5-
During the presentaion, I also saw two other abilities that are new in the series. Rock-climbing lovers will be happy that Lara will be able to do it now also. And not only in the way it used to be, when she moved by using cracks in rocks. Now, on a specially marked parts of the walls she can move in any dierction.

The previous circus comparison about Lara's abilities wasn't really out of place, because lady archeologist can now... walk on the line. Do you too have a feeling that in Tomb Raider 10 she will juggle and do splits? When compared to all these new moves, such thing as added sprint doesn't look any spectacular. It's strange that Lara wasn't able to faster her run earlier - it's a very useful addition. All we know is suppoused to be only a tip of the mountain. Developers promise with this new installment of the series, we'll be suprised numerous times.

GADGETS
Though it's not officially confirmed, it seems that Lara Croft is a born out of wedlock child of Indiana Jones and James Bond. And that is something. Two games ago, she got a specific cable wich she could attach to many objects, either to bob, or to pull in something. These functions are still there of course, but there're new ones. The one I could see "in action" really impressed me.

Physics engine used the game is finally quite complex, many objects interacts and affects themselves in a natural way. It wasn't always like that before. That one scene I liked look something like this. Lara was standing on a declivity, and there was a rock laying a few meters further, wich had to be cast off the declivity in order to open a passage. Schooting into it was pointless, just as throwing objects. Our intelligent woman tacked a line/cable on the other side of the room, a few meters further than the rock. Then you just had to push the rock with the line in order to cast it. Simple isn't it?

As usual, Croft won't be counting only on her long and beautiful legs all the time. In couple of places, vehicles will appear - though the devs didn't reveal what kinds of. The only one showed in Mexico was a motorbike. It's function wasn't only about interspersing the gameplay, rather about making it faster. Vehicles in TR8 will be very important in solving the puzzles. In the presented level, in order to get into the Mayan's world, Lara had to get down from a very high declivity really fast. Impossible with foots only, so the better solution was to jump on a bike, and get down the other road with motorbike driving very fast.

ACTION OR ADVENTURE?
The level we seen in Mexico was focused mainly on solving the puzzles, wich was also the thing the devs keep mentioning in every possibility, that the puzzles will play a key role in TR8 - We try to remember about the gamers that preffered a style of gameplay as in Tomb Raider: Legend - Eric says - But we didn't want to simplify the gamplay too much, of wich older fans were criticising us, so we chose to take a middle road. We can't reveal now how it's gonna work, but I can assure you: there will be a special help/hint system in the game, for the players who expect mostly action from Tomb Raider and don't want to lose time solving the puzzles.

A bit dissapointed may feel those, who wanted an expansion of Tomb Raider formula. We don't plan to add any additional mini-games. - said Eric Lindstorm - We thought, that they would only break the fun. People expect consistency from us, continuous adventure, any departure form the basic concept of gameplay would only break the continuity. Though we plan to implement a few elements, like those during cut-scenes in the two previous installments. When we asked for something more about this, Crystal Dynamics creative-director said only - As for now we can't reveal anything more, we're still in the early stage of development. But in the couple of months, in Feburary-March we will try to show much more. Well, alright, I'm waiting for another invitation...

THE NEW, THE SAME LARA
After the first leftdown about the engine, I started to see all those little things, that even at this early stage of development, already make this game looks much better than previous ones. Main chracter's model was heavliy modified - The whole model was created from scratch - says Rob Pavey, the main programmer - We wanted her to look more athletic, without loosing anything from her womanliness. I think we made it. Well, not really hard to hide that our young archeologist didn't suddenly became a humongous gorgon, she'll still use a video games sex symbol.

What always caused the biggest controvertions, wich is bosom, stayed plus/minus the same as before. Wich means: it's still very big, but it's a tradition.

-PAGE 6-
On the other hand, many small elements were changed, like Lara's hair. You can clearly see that the developers really spent some time on them, creating quite realistically moving hair. Who knows, maybe in some level we will see Lara in an evening dress again with loose hair?... Hmmm...

As before, Lara is a one dirty girl. When she falls over into the mud, her body gets dirty immediately. But if the rain pours at the same time, after sime time it effaces every dirtiness from our hero - just like a good wash machine. We don't need to write about as nice elements as wet clothes and hair after walking out of the water - it's a standard since Legend.

Personally, I regret that Lara's model was made once again as if she wasn't a real woman, but rather a computer animation. But that was the all-time Toby Gard's wish, who didn't want Lara to look too realistic (some complexes?). I would like to see some wrinkles or sth that would made her look like a real person. Rob ended the dreams of mine though - It's not the issue of technology, we could make her even more realistic. But we don't want to - it's still just a character, figure, not a real woman. Maybe it would be good to send some kind of petition to Crystal Dynamics?...

DYNAMO ON LARA
As I mentioned at the beggining, with the first look on the game, it doesn't look it's based on a new engine. Without digging if it's true or not, we can say one thing for sure: Tomb Raider 8 is without a doubt the best looking game in the series. The first thing you see are shadows. The sun that gets through the moving leafs or the ones that are visible on Lara's body - everything is being rendered real-time. It may not be on level of Crysis yet, but you have to remember that I saw an early version of the game, and many things will change for sure and for a better.

The lights look very good, especially when there's more than just a one soure of light, and when there're in many different colors. Everyone of them is layed on separately, wich creates realistic and spectacular image. It's a big joy to see heavily improved bump-mapping. Rocks. water, and every small prominent element doesn't look like a flat texture anymore.

The game is being developed only on nextgen platforms, wich means PC, X360 and PS3. Developers couldn't point any differences between them, though as the experience shows, PC version will look the best. - Since the beggining we were creating it on DirectX 9 - says Rob - Though we haven't decided finally, if we're gonna use any of the newer interfaces. I don't know if there's really any need to do so.

But if the team eventually decides to do so (the chances are high looking at the trends in the industry) we can be sure that Lara will show the most on PCs...

Release date (as said by CDA): 2nd half of 2008

-Box on page 4-
Lara always with CD
Lara's father is Toby Gard - member of Core Design team, wich in 1996, with the premiere of Tomb Raider, showed the world a whole new image of action-adventure games. Incredible success of the game made Lara not only a pop-cultural icon (we made a large, 8-pages article about this character BTW) but she started to appear on our monitors quite often. To sum up, Core created 6 TR games. The last one though, titled 'The Angel of Darkness' was received by the journalists and the gamers so poorly, that the owner of Tomb Raider mark, Eidos, made a very important and critical decision to carry over the production of next installments in the series to Crystal Dynamics (wich became famous after the success of their games like Project: Snowblind and Legancy of Kain franchise).

With Core Design, it shares only the initials. Laras creators lived in distinguished Great Britain, while the folks at Crystal Dynamics were true Americans. But the climate change was for a good, because two following games - Legend and Anniversary - made the series fresh again and attracted new gamers. To avoid completly cutting from the roots, Crystal Dynamics brought back Toby Gard (who left Core after the first game was released) after many years and asked him to help with creating the game. With Legend, he was the consultant. With TR8 his role is smaller. It's because of the big distance (Toby lives in Great Britain) he takes his part in creating cut-scenes. That's always better than nothing...

-Box on the top of page 6- -
How old is Lara?
By the by a longer article about Lara, I quickly counted how old she is. In the first Tomb Raider wich was released in 1996, Core Design told that their heroine was 29 years old. It's not hard to count how old she is now, but nonetheless I didn't resisted to ask Eric about this - It's a good question, but I have always the same answer. Lara is a young woman, and that's it. If you're still so much interested in this subject, tell me: How old is James Bond? Lara is 3 months younger than him.

-Box on the bottom of page 6-
Lara in episodes
Eidos is one of the first companies, that with a high interest looks on a system of distributing games in a form of "episodic content". The first company to use it was Valve with their Half-Life 2, later the idea was used by the creators of adventure game "Sam and Max". Does Lara is heading into the same direction? Let's allow Eric Lindstorm to speak - I admit, that we're thinking about releasing Lara's adventures in episodes, but we're not planning any revolution here. The game will be premiered as a whole from the start, though eventually we will release something later in a monthly cycle. What is it going to be? No one knows. Let's only hope nobody will even think about creating add-ons like: "Lara: Gucci clothes" or "Tomb Raider: Pets". Though the last one could've been quite a nice bloodbath ;-)

God Horus
27-12-07, 14:41
Cool! Thanks :wve:

coolaideonfire
27-12-07, 14:42
That render is so nice.

Look forward to the scans and translation.

Rivendell
27-12-07, 14:42
Thanks very much! :tmb:

b0bb13
27-12-07, 14:43
OMG can't wait!:jmp:
Thank you!:)

amiro1989
27-12-07, 14:44
Wow, every single magazine at the same time.

Only TR lover
Cool. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait :tmb:

Tomb Raider 5194
Great! Thanks! :tmb:

_Lam
27-12-07, 14:49
PCJeux, PLAY, CD-Action, PSM3, PSM3UK. Damn that's a lot of magazine cover !

Thanks, hope you will tell us the new things.

Pietras
27-12-07, 14:51
PCJeux, PLAY, CD-Action, PSM3, PSM3UK. Damn that's a lot of magazine cover !

Thanks, hope you will tell us the new things.

PSM3UK? They have a preview too? Or is it the same as in PSM3 Franch? Is it released already?

I will translate the whole article from CD-Action, so don't worry, you won't miss anything ;)

_Lam
27-12-07, 14:53
PSM3UK will be release in January 16th. It was written in the December issue. ;)

Mezmacko
27-12-07, 14:58
Thank you for sharing this marvellous cover,Pietras.:D

Atrum Angelus
27-12-07, 15:23
Beautiful render!

Nadina
27-12-07, 15:32
Unless someone beats me, I'll post the scans of the whole article tomorrow along with the translation. This would be great, Pietras! :tmb: thank you

Atrum Angelus
27-12-07, 15:43
Yes please, the translation sounds great, I can't wait to hear more about this game! :jmp:

Dakaruch
27-12-07, 15:50
Thanks for that!:tmb:
The new renders seem great!

Evan C.
27-12-07, 15:54
Thanks for sharing.
This looks to be the only render actually,but..better.
Thanks again,I cant wait :D

Aztek463
27-12-07, 15:59
Awesome!

Wicked
27-12-07, 16:05
Oh I loooove this picture so much!! :hug:
Thanks for sharing!!

ChanDang
27-12-07, 16:07
I cannot wait to see it :P

gtkilla
27-12-07, 16:28
Sweet! :tmb: Can't wait! :D

Thanks for posting! :tmb:

tlr online
27-12-07, 16:46
Thanks for posting. :tmb:

Zireael
27-12-07, 16:49
Thanks for info :tmb:

Rexie
27-12-07, 17:22
I saw this magazine today at the store...but for some unexplained strange reason it had Drake(from Uncharted : Drakes fortune) on the cover.I didnt look in that magazine...

Pipolinne
27-12-07, 17:25
I do thank you for posting,Pietras,but I can't avoid asking myself why a games ' magazine chose a render of the new Lara where the only thing we can clearly see is her cleavage.

I 'm hoping the full article will be different !

Yuna┤s Wish
27-12-07, 17:25
Thanks for posting! :tmb:

These will be awesome days for the entire TR community

danny.rex
27-12-07, 17:26
Looking foaward to it

gtkilla
27-12-07, 17:28
I do thank you for posting,Pietras,but I can't avoid asking myself why a games ' magazine chose a render of the new Lara where the only thing we can clearly see is her cleavage.

I 'm hoping the full article will be different !

'Cause that's the only one they made so far. :o ;)

Pietras
27-12-07, 17:35
I can't avoid asking myself why a games ' magazine chose a render of the new Lara where the only thing we can clearly see is her cleavage.

You know why :)

I saw this magazine today at the store...but for some unexplained strange reason it had Drake(from Uncharted : Drakes fortune) on the cover.I didnt look in that magazine...

It was definitely some other magazine. CD-Action is a polish-only mag, wich covers only PC games. They wouldn't put Drake on it's cover since it's a console game.

Pipolinne
27-12-07, 17:37
You're right,but it's sad,nonetheless.

ben croft
27-12-07, 17:40
Thanks for the info... I wanna watch a trailer... :D

:wve:

Alex Fly
27-12-07, 17:48
Woohoo ! Thanks for posting ! :jmp: :tmb:

Aurelien52
27-12-07, 17:50
I can't wait to get scan.
Thanks for the news :hug:

black_sheepa
27-12-07, 22:40
OH MY GOD!!! I am going to Poland tomorrow with my family! As soon as I will get to my cousin's computer I will scan the images and post them in here. And I'm sure my cousin and I will translate the article, he's very good in English.

So I hope we will be the first tomorrow! :D

Edit:

Unless someone beats me, I'll post the scans of the whole article tomorrow along with the translation.

Oh I see, we will have serious competition... :)

trXD
28-12-07, 02:01
OMG i wonder which lucky countrey will be next? Hopefully the uk :D

_Lam
28-12-07, 02:01
OMG i wonder which lucky countrey will be next? Hopefully the uk :D

January 16th is the UK in the PSM3UK.

;)

viiinicius___
28-12-07, 02:03
Someone will buy the magazine? And post here? :jmp:

trXD
28-12-07, 02:04
January 16th is the UK in the PSM3UK.

;)

I thought it was only the french version of psm3 that would be released with tru info?

_Lam
28-12-07, 02:07
I thought it was only the french version of psm3 that would be released with tru info?

Nope. It was written in the December issue.

trXD
28-12-07, 02:10
Nope. It was written in the December issue.

:jmp::jmp:
Thanks for the info!!

RAID
28-12-07, 08:39
Looking forward :)

.:Tirivol:.
28-12-07, 12:54
No one buy it?

Conway
28-12-07, 13:02
Nice cover. Thanks for informing us, Pietras. Looking forward to the scans. :tmb:

viiinicius___
28-12-07, 13:05
Nobody buy the magazine? :(

blue_box
28-12-07, 13:16
At WoTR they say that this mag will be avaliable from 31.12 :(

viiinicius___
28-12-07, 13:22
In the official website of the magazine is day 28/12

Święta, święta - i po świętach! Ale na horyzoncie już Nowy Rok, więc nadal jest trochę czasu wolnego na granie i czytanie. W związku z tym - nowy numer CDA w kioskach już 28.12! 148 stron, 1 DVD, cena 14,99 zł.

http://www.cdaction.pl/?strona=newsy&newsid=3975

black_sheepa
28-12-07, 13:30
I'm in Poland now but it looks like CD-Action will be delivered tomorrow, so unless the other Polish member won't post anything, my cousin and me will be the first in this forum.

But to be honest, I want the magazine now, so Pietras, could you hurry up please :D?

Sir Croft
28-12-07, 13:57
In the official website of the magazine is day 28/12

Święta, święta - i po świętach! Ale na horyzoncie już Nowy Rok, więc nadal jest trochę czasu wolnego na granie i czytanie. W związku z tym - nowy numer CDA w kioskach już 28.12! 148 stron, 1 DVD, cena 14,99 zł.

http://www.cdaction.pl/?strona=newsy&newsid=3975

Pietras said the magazine was going to be released today...

Tomb Raider Underworld is the cover title in the new issue of the biggest Polish computer games magazine. The magazine will be released tomorrow. Here's the cover:

http://www.cdaction.pl/okladki/200801max.jpg

Unless someone beats me, I'll post the scans of the whole article tomorrow along with the translation.

God Horus
28-12-07, 14:08
Can't wait...

Pietras
28-12-07, 14:13
Scans are up (in the first post). Translation soon

viiinicius___
28-12-07, 14:16
thx ;D

b0bb13
28-12-07, 14:18
OMFG!!!:eek:
Just look at her face!She looks perfect!Behold the power of mo-cap!:yah::jmp:
Thank you Pietras so much!:hug:
Can't wait for the translation!:jmp:

Clara [CA]
28-12-07, 14:30
So far I didn't like her face, but she looks better on this :
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9306/laratr8ib9.jpg

Thanks Pietras !

Lara Croft Fan Joe
28-12-07, 14:32
;2353987']So far I didn't like her face, but she looks better on this :

Thanks Pietras !
Me neither... she looks kind of like a man in drag in that pic though, others look better.

george_croft
28-12-07, 14:33
^She looks totally ****ing awesome! So realistic, mature, beautiful, and so much like classic Lara! :tmb:

amiro1989
28-12-07, 14:33
Tomb Raider Underworld is the cover title in the new issue of the biggest Polish computer games magazine.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/268/200801maxnc3.th.jpg (http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200801maxnc3.jpg) http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5957/page1jg2.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page1jg2.jpg) http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9482/page2rv4.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page2rv4.jpg) http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5149/page3pr0.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page3pr0.jpg) http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9345/page4vr8.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page4vr8.jpg) http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8610/page5de7.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page5de7.jpg) http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3531/page6ip1.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page6ip1.jpg) http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/384/page0wd8.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0wd8.jpg)

Stay tuned for a translation.
The one before the last one, her face is so sexy.She's amazing (the one in the bottom)

matrix54
28-12-07, 14:35
the profile and 3/4 view hot, but the full frontal reminds me of Victoria Backom...eek!!

b0bb13
28-12-07, 14:36
^She looks totally ****ing awesome! So realistic, mature, beautiful, and so much like classic Lara! :tmb:

I know!Just look at her face expression!:yah:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/b0bb13/page6ip111.jpg

She looks like she wants to punch somebody!:D

Only TR lover
28-12-07, 14:36
I think she looks wonderful, stunning, sexy... :jmp:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5696/11602393ja0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5696/11602393ja0.f2335a2153.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=509&i=11602393ja0.jpg)

Tom1358
28-12-07, 14:37
The one before the last one, her face is so sexy.She's amazing (the one in the bottom)

full ACK :tmb: :cln:

-DaNnEe..
28-12-07, 14:39
OMG! Looks awsome!

Only TR lover
28-12-07, 14:42
waiting for translation! :jmp:
BTW the rain drops effect on Laras skin looks quite impressive!

Zolee
28-12-07, 14:43
Wow! She is so ugly! She looks like at least 40 years old.

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-12-07, 14:43
Amazing! Lara looks beautiful!!! :eek:

RAID
28-12-07, 14:45

Looking forward to the translation.

PARANOIA
28-12-07, 14:46
Wow! She is so ugly! She looks like at least 40 years old.

Maybe that's because she's 38. ;)

And if you call Lara, she of incomparable beauty, ugly again, you'll hang on a limb. No personal issues; I'm just out to defend her character.

UNDERTAKER
28-12-07, 14:46
Lara looks stunningly beautiful! :yik:

Can't wait for the translation. Wanting to update the facts and features thread this evening with all the juicy news!

Tomb Raider 5194
28-12-07, 14:49
Didn't see the scans until now! :eek: Lara does look pretty! :D

Thanks for sharing! :wve:

Atlantisfreak666
28-12-07, 14:53
Lara looks very pretty.

BigR4444
28-12-07, 14:56
WOW ...I hope thats the final In game render.....that is just ridiculous.....I believe Legend Lara was what?...10,000 polygons.....Id love to hear the specs on this Lara model

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-12-07, 14:57
BigR4444, nice to see you back. :D

GodOfLight
28-12-07, 14:58
You're right,but it's sad,nonetheless.

stop being such a feminist and enjoy them cow-udders :D

:gki:

MattTR
28-12-07, 15:00
Beautiful scans! Thank you :D :tmb:

Can't wait for a translation! Wish I knew spanish.

Reggie
28-12-07, 15:00
Lara's looking amazing and her expression, simply wow.
Looking forward to the translation! :)

amiro1989
28-12-07, 15:01
Beautiful scans! Thank you :D :tmb:

Polish...:)

_Lam
28-12-07, 15:02
Wow ! She looks stunning ! The one at the bottom right corner with the badass attitude, perfect ! And she look older and more mature, I really like that, still charming.

b0bb13
28-12-07, 15:02

Polish!:p

Can't wait for the translation!:jmp:

_Lam
28-12-07, 15:05
She look stunning in this one :

It's official, I've got to say : Drake who ?

PARANOIA
28-12-07, 15:05
Don't get me wrong. I don't like the oversexualization either, Pipolinne.

But if they went in the politically correct direction then it would make a lot of people angry.

Legend Killer
28-12-07, 15:08
Great scans! Thanks for posting! :tmb:

_Lam
28-12-07, 15:08
I don't think she look oversexualize. I mean, she's sexy and charming without looking like a slut. So far it's my favorite Lara, I like this older look.

HollabackBoy
28-12-07, 15:09
Thank you for the gorgeous scans! :tmb: The new model looks so much like classic Lara now... only better! :jmp: :jmp:

cristina8992
28-12-07, 15:12

Indeed. That's one of the best pics of Lara I've ever seen!:D

BigR4444
28-12-07, 15:24
BigR4444, nice to see you back. :D

LOL nice to see you too Mel....I tend to come outta the woodwork with each new TR...

Sir Croft
28-12-07, 15:36
Thanks for the scans! She's BEAUTIFUL!! She looks so realistic!

Stunning! :jmp:

Conway
28-12-07, 15:36
Lara DOES indeed look more mature. I like how they seemed to make her age. She's beautiful.

Am I the only one who sees the striking, faithful resemblance between the original Lara and Underworld Lara?

http://i19.************/6phkzv6.jpg

Just look: Her eyes, nose, eyebrows, lips, bone structure, everything. I think it's amazing.

Thank you very much for the scans, Pietras. :tmb:

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 15:38
Thanks a lot Pietras! :tmb:

She looks ridiculously GORGEOUS! That┤s how a 44 years old woman should look (like a 35 years old woman approx)! Wow, it┤s incredible our Lara is 44...I┤m glad she┤s sort of timeless though :p

Conway
28-12-07, 15:39
Thanks a lot Pietras! :tmb:

She looks ridiculously GORGEOUS! That┤s how a 44 years old woman should look (like a 35 years old woman approx)! Wow, it┤s incredible our Lara is 44...I┤m glad she┤s sort of timeless though :p
Wait, she's supposed to be 44? :confused:

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 15:39
Well...she should be. She was born in February 1968...and this game is to happen in December 2012...:p

Conway
28-12-07, 15:41
Well...she should be. She was born in February 1968...and this game is to happen in December 2012...:p
Wow. Is this confirmed?

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 15:43
Wow. Is this confirmed?

I guess so...but maybe I┤m wrong. The thing is that the plot revolves around the end of the Mayan Calendar (Wayeb) and such thing happens in 2012, when Lara is to take advantage of such date to get into the Underworld.

HK USP
28-12-07, 15:46
Wow. Is this confirmed?

No, this has beed denied! :p

According to PSM3, "Tomb Raider 8" is set in Present Day time ...

gtkilla
28-12-07, 15:48

Actually, CD Lara isn't even thirty yet....she's supposed to be in her late 20s! :eek:

And ZOMGZZ!!!!!!! Thank you so much, Pietras!!!! :yah: Lara looks so ****ing hot in that profile shot!! :cln: :cln: :cln: But, the frontal close-up.....not so much. =/ She looks like she stopped eating........:(

@Conway: I see the resemblance too. In fact, TR1 Lara is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. But, then again...TR1 Lara was never that pretty.....:o If they wanted to model the new Lara off of Classic Lara, they should've used TR2 Lara. The best one! :D

MiCkiZ88
28-12-07, 15:48
^ Agreed. TRII render Lara is a beauty!

Thanks for the scans. And she looks gorgeous! Loving the pic where she's wet. :D :tmb:

Aurelien52
28-12-07, 15:50
Wow! It's just beautiful.
My Dear lara is so nice now :hug:

(thanks for the scan Pietras :tmb: )

daventry
28-12-07, 15:50
Will there be a translation of the Magazine, thats gonna be a lotta typo. :p

frodrigues
28-12-07, 15:52
:yik: :eek: :eek:

that in game model is amazing :eek: Def. can't imagine that Lara doing those :( Mommy faces. It's gorgeous!

AND LOOK AT THE WATER ON HER BODY!!!

Conway
28-12-07, 15:54
Actually, CD Lara isn't even thirty yet....she's supposed to be in her late 20s! :eek:

And ZOMGZZ!!!!!!! Thank you so much, Pietras!!!! :yah: Lara looks so ****ing hot in that profile shot!! :cln: :cln: :cln: But, the frontal close-up.....not so much. =/ She looks like she stopped eating........:(

@Conway: I see the resemblance too. In fact, TR1 Lara is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. But, then again...TR1 Lara was never that pretty.....:o If they wanted to model the new Lara off of Classic Lara, they should've used TR2 Lara. The best one! :D
Yes, I agree with you to some extent. Although I think in the frontal shot of her face, the light made her face appear...different, her cheeks specifically. As for the TR2 Lara render being their reference, I beg to differ. TR4 FMV Lara for me! :D

^ Agreed. TRII render Lara is a beauty!

Thanks for the scans. And she looks gorgeous! Loving the pic where she's wet. :D :tmb:
Yeah! I like how her eyes seem to be squinting. She looks rather provocative. Forgive me, but it reminds me of her line in Legend: "You'd be amazed how persuasive I can be, even with dangerous men." :D

frodrigues
28-12-07, 15:55
^ FMV TR4 Lara is the best for you? :p

AmericanAssassin
28-12-07, 15:56
TR4 FMV Lara for me! :D

Personally, I don't find E.T. all that attractive... :vlol:

Anyway, I love the new Lara... She's stunning! :tmb:

Evan C.
28-12-07, 16:00
OMG
Thanks!
...Drake who?

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 16:01
Oh, I thought it┤d be set in 2012...then what┤s the point of getting the end of the world in 2012? Lara knows about the world┤s destiny so she decides to do something 4-5 years before the catastrophe? :p

And @ gtkilla: I hope she┤s around her thirties, at the very least. She should be in the late twentities in Anniversary. Was her approximately age (the twenties) confirmed by an official source (like Eidos or CD, the only official sources we have)?

Sir Croft
28-12-07, 16:04
She looks more mature, stronger, she's got that "I'll do whatever it takes to get what I want" look, and it's awesome! She's beautiful!
And the graphics, everything looks so real! The water on her body, it's simply amazing!

Drake WHO?! :jmp:

And @ gtkilla: I hope she┤s around her thirties, at the very least. She should be in the late twentities in Anniversary. Was her approximately age (the twenties) confirmed by an official source (like Eidos or CD, the only official sources we have)?

Meh, she doesn't age! :p

Bumio
28-12-07, 16:08
wow, thanks for sharing, lara is really perfect in those pictures :tmb:

Conway
28-12-07, 16:11
^ FMV TR4 Lara is the best for you? :p
Personally, I don't find E.T. all that attractive... :vlol:

Anyway, I love the new Lara... She's stunning! :tmb:
How all ye dare talk of blasphemy? :mad:

:D

Yes, I agree with you to some extent. Although I think in the frontal shot of her face, the light made her face appear...different, her cheeks specifically.
I looked for a render of TR2 Lara where she more or less has the same expressionless face for accurate comparison. Here:

http://i17.************/86ihd88.jpg
Lara as she appears in Tomb Raider, TR: Underworld, and TR II respectively

There's apparent difference in the width and thickness of her lips. TR II Lara's eyes are slightly bigger, but apart from that, they appear to be the same. :tmb:

Here's another comparison shot of Underworld Lara and TR II Lara side by side. Apart from the fact that they have different expressions, we can see that they have the same features and structure, specifically the curve of her cheekbones down to her chin. Their noses are different apparently, and TR II Lara's lips seems thinner in comparison. Still, they both are identifiably the same. :D

http://i1.************/6jyfl0k.jpg
Lara as she appears in TR: Underworld and TR II

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 16:12
Meh, she doesn't age! :p

I don┤t want her to be Grandma Croft...but she should, at least, get a 35-40 years old aspect :p Without surpassing such age.

Evan C.
28-12-07, 16:13
I really,really can realize of her age on those pics.And isn`t bad,i love it :D

danny.rex
28-12-07, 16:15
Awesome scans :jmp: This new Lara in-game model is gorgeous and stunning
(CD should change her age though, she is almost 40)

Can't wait for translation, btw, did anyone noticed? this is the first mag that actually calls it "Tomb Raider Underworld" instead of TR8

gtkilla
28-12-07, 16:16
Yes, I agree with you to some extent. Although I think in the frontal shot of her face, the light made her face appear...different, her cheeks specifically. As for the TR2 Lara render being their reference, I beg to differ. TR4 FMV Lara for me! :D

Yeah, it just doesn't look right, IMO. How can Lara under go such a drastic change if Underworld (http://i19.************/6phkzv6.jpg) takes place right after Legend (http://spectraljin.com/Tomb_Raider/Lara/Lara_xbox360.jpg)? :( However, I'm hoping that she looks like this (http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/b0bb13/page6ip111.jpg) during the majority of the game 'cause she is just HOT there! :cln:

Oh, I thought it┤d be set in 2012...then what┤s the point of getting the end of the world in 2012? Lara knows about the world┤s destiny so she decides to do something 4-5 years before the catastrophe? :p

I think Lara's supposed to be in her early twenties in Anniversary, I'm not sure where I heard it, but I know that I did hear it. :p And PSM3 confirmed that Lara's an "almost thirty year-old woman". ;)

@Conway: Yeah, but the resemblance is only there because TR2 Lara looks like TR1 Lara. :p

tomblover
28-12-07, 16:17
Hmm, the clear front-face render makes her look scary and anorexic. :yik:

Still, it screams lots of classic TR1 Lara. :)

I'd really prefer a balanced Legend/Classic face though.

_Lam
28-12-07, 16:20
Hmm, the clear front-face render makes her look scary and anorexic. :yik:

Still, it screams lots of classic TR1 Lara. :)

I'd really prefer a balanced Legend/Classic face though.

That is because it's from a scan, add contrast and light, I'm sure it'll look like this. Anyway, I still think she look great.

.:Tirivol:.
28-12-07, 16:21
The problem is the light
see this i made it now:

Before-->After
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4705/confrontolf9.jpg

Conway
28-12-07, 16:22
@ Tirivol: Not bad! :tmb:

gtkilla
28-12-07, 16:23
The problem is the light
see this i made it now:

Before-->After

The problem doesn't lie in her face alone, it's her neck and collarbone as well. Too. Skinny.

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 16:25
And PSM3 confirmed that Lara's an "almost thirty year-old woman". ;)

And PSM3 is as official as I┤m the writer of Legend┤s plot :whi:

Anyway, I don┤t care (and nobody does) if she is 20 or 80, she looks gorgeous :cln:

thevman
28-12-07, 16:33
Shouldn't she be more like 40 if they follow the original storylines??? :confused: I like hot, sexy, tough 40 year old women! :yah:

aussie500
28-12-07, 16:36
Thanks for the scans Pietras. :tmb:

Her face and neck look just fine to me, nothing anorexic at all, and Lara has always been around 28 years old, she started out that age in Tomb Raider 1 and she has hardly aged a day since. :ton:

Aquarius_D
28-12-07, 16:49
Thank you for the scans, nice thread.

That for me is the hottest in game Lara I have ever seen... hands down.:jmp:
Yeah Drake who? Indeed.

Wow Lara has just earned M.I.L.F. like status, yay! That's it, I want TRU now!:p

thevman
28-12-07, 16:50
Let's see, in 96' she was 28, now it's almost 2008.... 12 years later... :whi: That makes her 40 in my book. :ohn:

aussie500
28-12-07, 16:58
No, she is still the same age, game characters usually do not age, just like many movie characters do not. We do not have a geriatric James Bond, Bart Simpson has not grown up yet so why would a popular character like Lara Croft need to get older. Its a game, enjoy it and stop counting the years.

_Lam
28-12-07, 17:00
Let's see, in 96' she was 28, now it's almost 2008.... 12 years later... :whi: That makes her 40 in my book. :ohn:

Who said TR1 was happenned in 96, you know what, maybe TR1-2-3 happened all in the same year, TR4 in 2000, Legend in 2005. Who know ? It's not because a game itout in 2006 that mean it happen in 2006.

matrix54
28-12-07, 17:01
but thats the thing...she LOOKS 40, so why not make her 40!

ben croft
28-12-07, 17:07
Is anyone translating the scans already?? :confused:

Quasimodo
28-12-07, 17:08
Is anyone translating the scans already?? :confused:

Pietras is working on a translation right now, I think.:)

ben croft
28-12-07, 17:12
^ Thanks, Quasimodo. And btw, I love your avatar. Is that a pug?? :D

JACOBryanBURNS
28-12-07, 17:13

Seriously?

Nemo_91
28-12-07, 17:24
Thanks for sharing! :tmb:

PARANOIA
28-12-07, 17:26

You know this means that she'll be too old to marry young, attractive Kurtis Trent, right? (Heh, heh.)

Lara's home
28-12-07, 17:28
She looks old. :(

_Lam
28-12-07, 17:32

And ?

Nemo_91
28-12-07, 17:34

Well, she's almost 40 years old.

kooky
28-12-07, 17:36

In TR: Legend, I read her bio & it said she was between the ages of 27 & 30. ;)

Lara's home
28-12-07, 17:38

Dosen't mean she has to look old. :/
She is a video game character after all. I prefer them ageless.
They should have kept her age N/A imo.
(The pic in the rain looks good, but the others...:()

_Lam
28-12-07, 17:39
In TR: Legend, I read her bio & it said she was between the ages of 27 & 30. ;)

Angelina Jolie is the same age, look how she look ? Defenetly more like TRU Lara than TRL Lara.

BTW, PIETRAS, I know it's hard too translate, nobody force you, but could you at least please write the major point and new stuff of the article ? I would be very appreciated.

RAID

Thanks Pietras !
She looks old in this one. The make-up makes it worse.

thevman
No, she is still the same age, game characters usually do not age, just like many movie characters do not. We do not have a geriatric James Bond, Bart Simpson has not grown up yet so why would a popular character like Lara Croft need to get older. Its a game, enjoy it and stop counting the years.

OK, and I'm still 22... :whi:

ajrich17901
28-12-07, 17:43
Would u rather he look like barbie?

I think lara looks amazing im glad she looks like herself again finaly seems like shes been gone that long most of u guys forgot what she looked like

*Runs off to get anti legend lara shots for everyone*

She looks old in this one. The make-up makes it worse.

Lara's home
28-12-07, 17:44

I think lara looks amazing im glad she looks like herself again finaly seems like shes been gone that long most of u guys forgot what she looked like

*Runs off to get anti legend lara shots for everyone*

Yes.. If we don't want her to look old, we want barbie. :rolleyes:
'At least barbie is forever young though.

ajrich17901
28-12-07, 17:45
Would u rather her look like plastic like in Legend 360 version coated with makeup?

Seriously go back and refer to what lara looked like in the past games ya know the ones that made her who she is before legend ull see there startin to move away from the legend look slowly

Yes.. If we don't want her to look old, we want barbie. :rolleyes:

gtkilla
28-12-07, 17:49
Would u rather her look like plastic like in Legend 360 version coated with makeup?

Seriously go back and refer to what lara looked like in the past games ya know the ones that made her who she is before legend ull see there startin to move away from the legend look slowly

Hmmm...nope.

http://www.trlegend.bfme.pl/gallery/tr8/render/01.jpg

Looks like Legend Lara to me. ;)

ajrich17901
28-12-07, 17:50
If u say so but my eyes still see the old lara cept she dont have her braid

Hmmm...nope.

Looks like Legend Lara to me. ;)

Lara-Thomas
28-12-07, 17:52
WOW :jmp:

She looks beautiful :p

Amazing, thanx for the scans :)

Cant wait for the Uk Mag to come out :p

Forwen
28-12-07, 17:59
I won't be hijacking the translation pleasure here (reheh), so here's a list of points that caught my attention:

the very first impression was that TRU felt strikingly similar to Legend;

the author admitted his personal expectations for new graphics were way too high, but the game still looks great;

the part where Lara pushes bush off her way is a nice little thingamajig

want even more swinging poles? Now she can make her own!

the plot is claimed to be consistent. Won't believe it till I see it.

no retrospections;

few human enemies;

spider-stompin';

apparently melee has been developed well beyond what we've seen in Legend. Meh? I don't need nor want it in TR.

the author's seen Lara grab a pole and hurl it and smack baddies with it.

she now stands on a pole and shoots. Wow. Evolution of the series right there.

sprinting's back;

the role of vehicles (motorbike confirmed so far) is to be much greater than in Legend (I won't mind the return to Cairo).

TRU is supposed to strike a balance between classic and new games/old farts and TR noobs in terms of puzzle vs action. Heard it already, won't believe it till I see it.

some CD/Eidos high-up says, Lara's supposed to stay perfect-lookin' and that's that, no complaining;

given the typically CDA-ish habit of pushing poor boob- and sex-related jokes into every corner of their texts Pipolinne is advised to read this preview with a glass of water at hand.

raiderfun
28-12-07, 18:00
Thank you :)

But does the article say anything new ?

MattTR
28-12-07, 18:01
Ok, if she looks 40, then that's one good looking 40 year old! Come on guys, this isn't real life.. shes still in her 30's or even younger.

What's next, Grandma Raider?

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2002/grandmaraideroi6.jpg

Forwen
28-12-07, 18:02
But does the article say anything new ?

Erm, dunno? I wasn't really following the news. If the previous previews were based off the same presentation though then I wouldn't expect much more detail there.

ajrich17901
28-12-07, 18:03
Dont give them any ideas matt lmao:p

Ok, if she looks 40, then that's one good looking 40 year old! Come on guys, this isn't real life.. shes still in her 30's or even younger.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2002/grandmaraideroi6.jpg

walk_man
28-12-07, 18:03
Lara's face will change. Anyone remember Laras face at the start of TRA ? Now that was ugly! :D

trXD
28-12-07, 18:11
I won't be hijacking the translation pleasure here (reheh), so here's a list of points that caught my attention:

the very first impression was that TRU felt strikingly similar to Legend;

the author admitted his personal expectations for new graphics were way too high, but the game still looks great;

the part where Lara pushes bush off her way is a nice little thingamajig

want even more swinging poles? Now she can make her own!

the plot is claimed to be consistent. Won't believe it till I see it.

no retrospections;

few human enemies;

spider-stompin';

apparently melee has been developed well beyond what we've seen in Legend. Meh? I don't need nor want it in TR.

the author's seen Lara grab a pole and hurl it and smack baddies with it.

she now stands on a pole and shoots. Wow. Evolution of the series right there.

sprinting's back;

the role of vehicles (motorbike confirmed so far) is to be much greater than in Legend (I won't mind the return to Cairo).

TRU is supposed to strike a balance between classic and new games/old farts and TR noobs in terms of puzzle vs action. Heard it already, won't believe it till I see it.

some CD/Eidos high-up says, Lara's supposed to stay perfect-lookin' and that's that, no complaining;

given the typically CDA-ish habit of pushing poor boob- and sex-related jokes into every corner of their texts Pipolinne is advised to read this preview with a glass of water at hand.

O_o can someone post some info without the cd bashing comments?

gtkilla
Lara's face will change. Anyone remember Laras face at the start of TRA ? Now that was ugly! :D

I know, that's why I'm trying to make sure that these complaints are heard! :p I don't think people want this (http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9306/laratr8ib9.jpg) to be the final in-game Lara. :(

daventry

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2002/grandmaraideroi6.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0QAYyue5Ks

PARANOIA
28-12-07, 18:13
She's too old! She's too young! She's too attractive! She's too ugly! She doesn't show enough cleavage! She shows too much cleavage! She smiles too much! She frowns too much! She's too tough! She's too timid! She's right-handed! She's left-handed! The boobs are too big! The boobs are too small! She has a bra! She doesn't have a bra! She shows too much leg! She doesn't show enough leg! She laughs too much! She growls too much! She cries too much! She's unemotional! She looks like Barbie! She looks like Lucille Ball! She looks like Britney! She looks like Pamela Anderson! She should get married! She should stay single! She loves sex! She hates sex!

You see where this is going, I HOPE.

trXD
28-12-07, 18:14
I know, that's why I'm trying to make sure that these complaints are heard! :p I don't think people want this (http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9306/laratr8ib9.jpg) to be the final in-game Lara. :(

I like that lara!

Forwen
28-12-07, 18:14
O_o can someone post some info without the cd bashing comments?

I'm seeing neither CD nor CDA bashing in here. Are you?

RAID
28-12-07, 18:15

Have you forgotten that Lara is ageless? She doesn't have to look old.

Her face is too skinny, or maybe it's the make-up that makes her look like that. It's like she's half Asian. That's all I'm saying. Who the heck mentioned Barbie?

PARANOIA
I like that lara!

I do too. :o

trXD
I'm seeing neither CD nor CDA bashing in here. Are you?

I was talking about you

raiderfun
She's even not the same on all the pictures so don't expect that she'll be the final Lara. ;)

Forwen
28-12-07, 18:18
I was talking about you

Well whatever you read there you read it wrong. Off!

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 18:21
Thanks for translating those points Forwen :tmb:

It┤s so exciting :D I┤d love to fight a panther with melee attacks :p

gtkilla
28-12-07, 18:22
I like that lara!

I don't. :( This Lara is so much better, IMO. She doesn't look like she's suffering from anorexia. :o :( Plus, she's gorgeous. :D

I'm hoping that they're two different Laras. The one in the in-game shot being the more recent one.

PARANOIA
28-12-07, 18:24
Really? I think they're one and the same.

But I for one don't stare at Lara's face during gameplay. My eyesight tends to go a bit lower than that.

It┤s so exciting :D I┤d love to fight a panther with melee attacks :pI'd like to watch!

(Kill me now.) :whi:

The Scion
28-12-07, 18:24

Maybe the game is set to be in December 2012 ??? Thats why she looks so Old !!! Since lara is born in 1968 and she should be in her 30/40s ;) and maybe the game will be released in December 2008 !!!

trfan518
28-12-07, 18:28
Maybe the game is set to be in December 2012 ??? Thats why she looks so Old !!! Since lara is born in 1968 and she should be in her 30/40s ;) and maybe the game will be released in December 2008 !!!
She looks amazing ! they just should update her eyebrows making the thicker ;)

She doesnt look old...i think you are all analyzing this too much

some of the people here complaining sound like old ladies themselves.

trXD
28-12-07, 18:28
I don't. :( This Lara is so much better, IMO. She doesn't look like she's suffering from anorexia. :o :( Plus, she's gorgeous. :D

I'm hoping that they're two different Laras. The one in the in-game shot being the more recent one.

They look exactly the same to me?

The Scion
28-12-07, 18:31
She doesnt look old...i think you are all analyzing this too much

some of the people here complaining sound like old ladies themselves.

Im not having a problem because she is old!

matrix54
28-12-07, 18:32
but honestly, this is one next gen character i have to say LOOKS like they should be next gen, aswell as looking human, unlike some other games I've seen...

trXD
28-12-07, 18:32

Lara dosnet/shouldnt age. The developers have even said they are looking forward to the next 10 years of tomb raider! She would be over 40 by then if she aged! And its pretty rediculouse to be climbing a mountain at that age!

thevman
28-12-07, 18:33
I know a ton of hot looking 40 year old women, peeps need to stop thinking it's an 80 year old! :ton: Just shows how young some people are if they think 40 is OLD... :rolleyes:

The Scion
28-12-07, 18:37
Lara dosnet/shouldnt age. The developers have even said they are looking forward to the next 10 years of tomb raider! She would be over 40 by then if she aged! And its pretty rediculouse to be climbing a mountain at that age!

Did not mean to post this :D :

Samsdad
28-12-07, 18:37
I know a ton of hot looking 40 year old women, peeps need to stop thinking it's an 80 year old! :ton: Just shows how young some people are if they think 40 is OLD... :rolleyes:

With age comes experience and it is experience that counts.

BTW I thought you were still 22.

gtkilla
28-12-07, 18:41
Really? I think they're one and the same.

But I for one don't stare at Lara's face during gameplay. My eyesight tends to go a bit lower than that.

Lol Trust me, her face will annoy you in cutscenes. When she's making these 'amazing next-gen super-realistic' facial expressions, you won't be able to tear your eyes from her extremely tiny neck, sunken in cheeks, squarish jaw, fading non-existent eyebrows and "sticking out" collarbone.

They look exactly the same to me?

They don't to me. :(

YvesSL
28-12-07, 19:12
Her face scares me.

Anyways, thanks for the scans!

illuminati30
28-12-07, 19:23
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/page3pr023.jpg

=

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/8ekzj3c2.jpg

?

Evan C.
28-12-07, 19:26
Wow,that was good ;)

Polinio Croft
28-12-07, 19:30

=

?

I dont know why they arent makinf the scenaries as the concept art, the tombs are too clean and what about the proportions... in the second pic lara looks like 100 times smaller than the scenario, but in the game pic she is like 10 times smaller...

Rexie
28-12-07, 19:31

dunno why but this place looks so awfully familiar...(not from the artworks)

illuminati30
28-12-07, 19:33
I dont know why they arent makinf the scenaries as the concept art, the tombs are too clean and what about the proportions... in the second pic lara looks like 100 times smaller than the scenario, but in the game pic she is like 10 times smaller...

Yes, a great deal of the vastness of the environment has been removed. I can't believe they used this gorgeous concept art picture and created such a bland environment. I felt the same way about some of the concept arts from Legend.

Legends
28-12-07, 19:33
Looks amazing, thanks. :tmb:

b0bb13
28-12-07, 19:35
=

?

Wow!I wonder if that's the entrance to one of the Underworlds?:confused:

James_Rutland
28-12-07, 19:37
Omg! Lara looks fantasticly beautifully Lara'ish in the Screenshot of her standing, and that wet picture ofher standing is beautiful, she just looks so fantastic, my fav Lara! :D

Polinio Croft
28-12-07, 19:38
Yes, a great deal of the vastness of the environment has been removed. I can't believe they used this gorgeous concept art picture and created such a bland environment. I felt the same way about some of the concept arts from Legend.

I think that if they respect the concept art the levels would be so gorgeous that we would be amazed...

I really hope that CD adds more grass or mold in the temples' floor and walls for the game's final stage... at least

And from my personal point of view, the place looks as if it was still in use... like a turistical site well preserved... Maybe there are kinds of these places down there, but i sincerely don'y think it's intresting exploring turistical ruins.....

_Lam
28-12-07, 19:38

=

?

Hope they are not finished with this one. I mean, it's so clean, they can do SO MUCH better with this new engine, where is the green grass ? Those vine, plants, rocks ? It's so clean.

Sekhraider
28-12-07, 19:40
Wow I am very impressed at how realistic she looks. She looks like a normal but athletic female. She's not tooo overtly sexual or plain. Her outfit is not too bad either. I like that her shirt isnt too high above her stomach b/c it makes it look like shes really going out on a dig. Her shorts though remind me or something those ladies wear to workout in lol. I would expected cargo jean shorts with pockets and durable material made for getting dirty lol. Oh well...but shes looks really cool. And the environment looks like a great place to go "raiding" in:D:jmp:

MrBear
28-12-07, 19:45
Woho! Can't wait for the translation! :D

tomblover
28-12-07, 19:49
Let's see.

Face = Bony heap of ****.
Neck = Fine.
Shoulders = Awfully wide. >˘.˘<
Arms = Very thin in comparison to her torso.
(.Y.) = Dolly Parton N.2 :D (Love it.)
Stomach = Niiiice! :D
Hips = Perfect.
Legs = Perfect as well.
Feet = Erm, we haven't seen them but I'm sure they still look fine. :p

Quasimodo
28-12-07, 19:51
Let's see.

Face = Bony heap of ****.
Neck = Fine.
Shoulders = Awfully wide. >˘.˘<
Arms = Very thin in comparison to her torso.
(.Y.) = Dolly Parton N.2 :D (Love it.)
Stomach = Niiiice! :D
Hips = Perfect.
Legs = Perfect as well.
Feet = Erm, we haven't seen them but I'm sure they still look fine. :p

I don't think she's reached Dolly Parton level (.Y.)'s quite yet.

Lara Croft!
28-12-07, 20:01
thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

Legend 4ever
28-12-07, 20:09
I don't think she's reached Dolly Parton level (.Y.)'s quite yet.

She definitely has not. In fact, her breasts get smaller and smaller with every new game. She looks 36D now, whan she should be 36G or H to be a perfect Lara.

Evan C.
28-12-07, 20:11
Smaller breast??....look some of the pics O.o
She es Pamela Croft xD

Legend 4ever
28-12-07, 20:27
I don't know. Not to me.

For instance: in Legend her breasts were surprisingly small.
This is how it looked and how it should have looked:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/dfgdg.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/gdfgdfg.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/ffsdf.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/ffsdfsfsfsf.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/dgdg.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/dgdggdfgdg.jpg

_Lam
28-12-07, 20:31
You are kidding right ?! I hope you don't want a girlfriend like this because I'm afraid you'll never find one... Legend Lara breast is big enough, even still unrealistic, we don't need more, it will attrack those pervert fans.

Legend 4ever
28-12-07, 20:34
You are kidding right ?! I hope you don't want a girlfriend like this because I'm afraid you'll never find one... Legend Lara breast is big enough, even still unrealistic, we don't need more, it will attrack those pervert fans.

I don't want my girlfriend to look like that. But Lara is not real, so why not. Toby gave us Lara to look like that, and now they are taking that back. Every aspect of her character is surreal, and her other physiques are, she can jump 5 meters, and 2 meters in height, so why wouldn't her breasts look like Dolly Parton's? Besides, she looks good like that.

And besides, many women have breasts like that. 36DD or more.

Quasimodo
28-12-07, 20:35
CD probably modeled Legend Lara like that so her arms wouldn't clip through her chest when she moves. They're 'out of the way', so to speak.

raiderfun
28-12-07, 20:37
Nico, I must admit those breasts are quite huge for her. :ton:

just*raidin*tomb
28-12-07, 20:38

Guys, they are no where near complete. im sure theyll add tons of lush grasses and trees, plants and all that.

And the environment isnt smaller, shes just closer to the "camera". In the "in game" shot shes on a ledge no where hear where shes standing in the concept art.;)

------------------------------------------------------------
now i think she looks so gorgous and so real in the in game profile! look at those water affects! the other pic, she looks skinny in the neck and for the first time i can imagine her with grankids.

Legend 4ever
28-12-07, 20:40
After all, it's not that important. I just had to say that, because someone said those in Underworld were too big and i was like : "What the hell?"

Here, this woman exsists. And those are real.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/DioraBaird22.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/diora1yj1.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/diora3nk8.jpg

I feel I am going a bit off topic, so I won't go further.

Sekhraider
28-12-07, 20:43
I don't know. Not to me.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/dfgdg.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/gdfgdfg.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/ffsdf.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/ffsdfsfsfsf.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/dgdg.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/Legend4ever/dgdggdfgdg.jpg
Umm the re-do is scary looking. I think they made her breasts slightly smaller because she was already skinny enough and her hips were bigger, so they had to proportionate it. Making her breasts bigger makes her look grosteque due to the fact that well she looks more real and not virtual like her old classic self. See if she was the classic Lara then having her breasts be that size wouldnt even affect her look cuz she had no realism...she was cartoony.

spikesavenger
28-12-07, 20:57

Lara *should be* turning 40 in 2008. I don't remember it being stated anywhere that the game was set in 2012, I could be wrong. But CD did change her age to a perminate 27. Her birth year is no longer availble in the new biography (to my understanding). The reason she looks so "old" as people are claiming is because it's Next-Gen. They can actually show stress lines and wrinkles and blotches in skin textures now. And why not? They're trying to make her as realistic as poissible.

trXD
28-12-07, 21:02
I don't know. Not to me.

ewwww it looks way to "circus freak" to me.

gtkilla
28-12-07, 21:02
Lara *should be* turning 40 in 2008. I don't remember it being stated anywhere that the game was set in 2012, I could be wrong. But CD did change her age to a perminate 27. Her birth year is no longer availble in the new biography (to my understanding). The reason she looks so "old" as people are claiming is because it's Next-Gen. They can actually show stress lines and wrinkles and blotches in skin textures now. And why not? They're trying to make her as realistic as poissible.

This is the most realistic Lara I've ever seen...

and yet it looks a million times better than this.

AmericanAssassin
28-12-07, 21:03

I agree... That first pic of Lara is simply stunning! :jmp:

tombraider4ever
28-12-07, 21:21
I think she looks awesome in all of these new pictures.:)
She looks more mature, athletic and more realistic. I love it,
It's the best Lara Yet!! :jmp: :jmp:

aussie500
28-12-07, 21:24

Well the first is a render and the second the ingame model, its not surprising the render looks more realistic. And for those wondering the game is not set in 2012, it is set in current time, wayeb occurs every year.

gtkilla
28-12-07, 21:28
Well the first is a render and the second the ingame model, its not surprising the render looks more realistic. And for those wondering the game is not set in 2012, it is set in current time, wayeb occurs every year.

That's my point. If the Lara from the render looks prettier and more realistic than the in-game Lara, then CD shouldn't be trying so hard to make Lara look old and bony to look realistic.

danny.rex
28-12-07, 21:33
I actually think that the in-game model is prettier than that render

_Lam
28-12-07, 21:39
I actually think that the in-game model is prettier than that render

Agree. Dude, the Lara you hate is nothing like the one in-game, just look at the DAMN in-game screen and close this ****ing thread. People are telling the same ****ing thing again, do we really need more.

Sorry I'm calm now. :)

Stel4eto
28-12-07, 21:44
Oh God, how I like her, in both pictures. I want to play with her!:p

gtkilla
28-12-07, 21:50
Agree. Dude, the Lara you hate is nothing like the one in-game, just look at the DAMN in-game screen and close this ****ing thread. People are telling the same ****ing thing again, do we really need more.

Sorry I'm calm now. :)

I. Know.

I've seen the in-game screen a million times and I LOVE IT, but I've also seen the front body shot of the in-game model and I DON'T LIKE IT.....okay? They're supposedly the same model and if they are, I'd like to voice my disappointment with it, is that alright with you, _Lam? I wouldn't want to make you mad or anything............

_Lam
28-12-07, 21:53
I. Know.

I've seen the in-game screen a million times and I LOVE IT, but I've also seen the front body shot of the in-game model and I DON'T LIKE IT.....okay? They're supposedly the same model and if they are, I'd like to voice my disappointment with it, is that alright with you, _Lam? I wouldn't want to make you mad or anything............

Yes you have the right, but do you need to make 200 post about it ? I mean, look at the first frontal Legend model we got, with the Victoria-Bekam haircut, is the in-game version like this ? No. End here.

toby_13
28-12-07, 22:00
EDIT:I haven't read _Lam's post. Sorry. But still i would like to post this.

and I DON'T LIKE IT.....okay?

Okay, but do you have to talk about it in every single thread you post on? Haven't you created a new thread on that subject? All i hear is "her cheecks look skinny...her neck looks anoretic....her collarbone is way too thin" Give a break. You've made your point.

gtkilla
28-12-07, 22:15
Yes you have the right, but do you need to make 200 post about it ? I mean, look at the first frontal Legend model we got, with the Victoria-Bekam haircut, is the in-game version like this ? No. End here.

There's a reason why Legend and Anniversary Lara don't look like their early models, ya know? And it wasn't because people stayed quiet and praised everything about them.

Okay, but do you have to talk about it in every single thread you post on? Haven't you created a new thread on that subject? All i hear is "her cheecks look skinny...her neck looks anoretic....her collarbone is way too thin" Give a break. You've made your point.

Complainers about complainers..:rolleyes:

Lol always wanted to say that. :D...Didn't think it'd be about me, though. :o :p

Pietras
28-12-07, 22:25
The translation is up in the first post sweeties

Quasimodo
28-12-07, 22:26
You rock, Pietras! :tmb:

Indiana Croft
28-12-07, 22:30

She looks like Wilhelmina from Ugly Betty! It's a white Venessa Williams!:vlol:

....strangely she also reminds me of Victoria Beckham...:rolleyes:

Sekhraider
28-12-07, 22:33

She looks like Wilhelmina from Ugly Betty! It's a white Venessa Williams!:vlol:

....strangely she also reminds me of Victoria Beckham...:rolleyes:
Hey dont diss Miss Vanessa Williams. She's very pretty. I like her:( But you do have a point, this Lara does have Vanessa's bone structure..which isnt too bad :D

Indiana Croft
28-12-07, 22:37
Hey dont diss Miss Vanessa Williams. She's very pretty. I like her:( But you do have a point, this Lara does have Vanessa's bone structure..which isnt too bad :D

lol I love Venessa too:) Great Voice, Great Acting ability, and Great Face!

But my god! When I saw this pic I was waiting for Betty to come out and hand me my paper work!

Sekhraider
28-12-07, 22:39
lol I love Venessa too:) Great Voice, Great Acting ability, and Great Face!

But my god! When I saw this pic I was waiting for Betty to come out and hand me my paper work!
Awww:(. lol Ugly Betty is actually a pretty good show lol. But I dont know lol. I still think the new Lara looks nice:(

Dingaling
28-12-07, 22:41
Thank you for the scans and translation Pietras :). Though the article writer seems to have forgotten that balancing on a beam/rope, sprinting and the ability to climb on all directions on certain areas have already been in past games - TRC, TR3-AOD and AOD respectively. It was the same thing in previews of Legend claiming that pole swinging was something new to the series when Lara was doing it in TRC.

Blackmoor
28-12-07, 22:42

=

?

Uh oh, this is a worry. I would never have noticed / believed they were meant to be the same thing if you hadn't pointed it out.

Why are they doing that?!

Those green windswept concept pictures (there's a series of 3 of them) are my FAVOURITE Underworld pictures so far. I don't like the sterile blackness of what they've interpreted it as inside the game as much. Not because it's awful, (it's not, it's lovely in itself), but because the concept pictures are so "alive" and "dynamic" if you know what I mean. Different from what we usually get. The in-game picture is very similar to Legend and Anniversary grey bits...

Reggie
28-12-07, 22:47
Uh oh, this is a worry. I would never have noticed / believed they were meant to be the same thing if you hadn't pointed it out.

Why are they doing that?!

Those green windswept concept pictures (there's a series of 3 of them) are my FAVOURITE Underworld pictures so far. I don't like the sterile blackness of what they've interpreted it as inside the game as much. Not because it's awful, (it's not, it's lovely in itself), but because the concept pictures are so "alive" and "dynamic" if you know what I mean. Different from what we usually get. The in-game picture is very similar to Legend and Anniversary grey bits...

^Woah. That's not a very transition is it? :/

cristina8992
28-12-07, 22:49
"Even an amateur would guess that it's a modified TRL and TRA engine only."

Hmm. I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. CD promised a new engine, after all.:pi:

_Lam
28-12-07, 22:53
There's a reason why Legend and Anniversary Lara don't look like their early models, ya know? And it wasn't because people stayed quiet and praised everything about them.

There's a line between critics and over-reacting.

;)

george_croft
28-12-07, 22:56

=

?

Its not the same area. :wve:

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 23:00
Thanks a lot Pietras! :tmb: For the scans and, now, for the translation :)

It is quite an interesting article. At least the author is constantly quoting what he has heard. It┤s nice to compare how each author writes in such different ways. The writer of PSM3 did it in a very poetical way, using tons of beautiful adjectives and a stylish use of punctuation and phrasing. This author got to the very point of it, summarising quite a lot of interesting points (and making sexual jokes on the way..which I didn┤t find disgusting or offensive at all...the writer is just trying to be humorous, that┤s all) and clarifying things the other mags didn┤t even bother to.

I appreciate the hard work of all those fellow members who get the mags and scan and translate them for all of us, thanks!

Seb_01225
28-12-07, 23:02
i dont really mind if its a modified trl tra engine!

still sounds pretty good to me! :)

Beanz
28-12-07, 23:04
Wow.. It's luuuush. I actually can't wait for TRU :D :jmp:

b0bb13
28-12-07, 23:07
Thank you so much Pietras!:hug:
I liked the article,with some exceptions(:p)
After reading this,I have to say that this will be an awesome game!:yah:

daventry
28-12-07, 23:09
I said it before and i will say it again.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2353848&postcount=341

Very awsome Translation Pietras :)

Yuna┤s Wish
28-12-07, 23:10
After reading this,I have to say that this will be an awesome game!:yah:

Definitely! This article did a very good job in getting the reader excited about the game (I┤m quite enthusiastic right now). But there┤s one paragraph of the other magazine that┤s still even more exciting than anything I┤ve read:

Once the artefact is inserted inside its pedestal, you'll have to align something similar to planets. On Mayan ruins, an eclipse should produce some effect. And this is saying the least, because as soon as you perform the right alignment, huge columns are rising from the ground, revealing a colossal snake made of stone, spitting the fire of Hell. Underneath, stairs are leading deep inside the temple. No time to lose : the mechanism is ticking like it's a timed run. Previously, when we arrived, we parked the motorbike nearby. Time to sprint and jump on the vehicule. As fast as possible, avoiding the stones and doing crazy jumps, we drive like mad to the entrance before it closes. The breaking is violent, the skidding is harsh, the tyres scream and stop a few centimeters before a gap full of spikes. The Mayan treasure isn't far away but the traps awaiting are getting worse and worse and even more deadly.

That┤ll be one hell of a show :cln:

Blackmoor
28-12-07, 23:12
^Woah. That's not a very transition is it? :/Don't know for certain, it's possible there's more than one of these structures at different sites, or they just look very similar architecture wise. I think that's what Illuminati is asking. :eek:

NightWish
28-12-07, 23:15
I don't know. Not to me.

Actually her breasts were big but the ribcage was small

CAISACO
28-12-07, 23:15
^ Lmao!!! :vlol:

Those pics are strange

_Lam
28-12-07, 23:21
I said it before and i will say it again.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2353848&postcount=341

Very awsome Translation Pietras :)

Translation ?! Where, did I miss it ?

EDIT : I'm so stupid that I didn't saw the front page. Sorry for my stupidity, I write faster than I think.

Librarian
28-12-07, 23:33
I think Lara looks good, but truly? I'm more interested in how she handles this time around.

Edit: I really, really like what he's said about the puzzles and boss fights, that this game focusses more on adventure than combat. It just sounds so promising :D

_Lam
28-12-07, 23:45
Wow, this article was refreshing ! Thanks for the translation Pietras.
I like it, they are honest and funny, there's also a lot of details. They say the release was Q2 : 2008 ? What those that mean ? Quarter ? That's soon.

This is my favorite part : SPIDER !
Of the creatures that appeard (during the presentation), I liked spiders the most. Little spiders came out in such a number in one moment, as if they smelled a chubby fly. Of course Lara got rid of them efficiently, even when they were literally jumping to her eyes. Bigger problems were avoided mainly thanks to no need of using the guns, but rather the soles of shoes.

gtkilla
28-12-07, 23:46
Thanks a lot, Pietras! :D :hug: The author of this article does seem a lot less enthusiastic and excited about the game than the authors of the PLAY and PSM3 mags...=/ But, it was still good nonetheless. :tmb:

ben croft
28-12-07, 23:50
Cool. Thanks for the translation, Pietras. :hug:

OMG! Spiders are back!! Yeah... I know I hate them in real life, but in games they give me the creep. :D

Pietras
28-12-07, 23:54
Wow, this article was refreshing ! Thanks for the translation Pietras.
I like it, they are honest and funny, there's also a lot of details. They say the release was Q2 : 2008 ? What those that mean ? Quarter ? That's soon.

Ooops i made a mistake. They said 2nd HALF of the 2008.

Pietras
29-12-07, 00:01
Thanks a lot, Pietras! :D :hug: The author of this article does seem a lot less enthusiastic and excited about the game than the authors of the PLAY and PSM3 mags...=/ But, it was still good nonetheless. :tmb:

What bother me more is that in PSM3 they said they're gonna be many mytical creatures, including a God of War 2 like HUGE boss, while in CDA they say there're no bosses at all.

gtkilla
29-12-07, 00:10
What bother me more is that in PSM3 they said they're gonna be many mytical creatures, including a God of War 2 like HUGE boss, while in CDA they say there're no bosses at all.

Hmmm...maybe he just wasn't paying attention to the presentation. :D Too busy looking at the game. :p

cristina8992
29-12-07, 00:11
Maybe there are TR1 T-Rex type of bosses, with no health bars, that just die harder. And no "arenas" in which you are forced to fight them. That would be drool-worthy.:jmp:

ben croft
29-12-07, 00:16
And no "arenas" in which you are forced to fight them. That would be drool-worthy.:jmp:

Oh that's cool, like in TRII, at almost in the end of the #1 level, where you could go down and fight 2 T-Rex [how do I write this in plural :D] if you wanted, or not. :D

walk_man
29-12-07, 00:20

Confusing, I don't think CD would leave out bosses, its there chance to prove they can do it. It all looks like its going well at the moment doesn't it? My only problem is, the area is very plain, Lara's clothes are brown/black and her skin is pale. Looks nearly black and white IMO. Still, looking great. :tmb:

danny.rex
29-12-07, 00:35
Many thanks for the translation

This is the less positive article so far, though unlike PSM3 they liked the combat and AI

one thing that got my atention was the possible add-ons, maybe like teh classics 'Gold' expansions?

just*raidin*tomb
29-12-07, 00:46
Thanks tons for translating it! :hug:

Textures are no longer flat! Yay, that did get on my nerves every onse in awhile.

i wanna play TRU!:jmp:

Pietras
29-12-07, 00:51
Many thanks for the translation

This is the less positive article so far, though unlike PSM3 they liked the combat and AI

A lil dose of scepticism won't hurt I guess. In fact, I think we all get a little too much excited and optimistic about TRU. Sure, I would love it to be an A+ game, but you can't be sure about that before the release.

littlepenguin
29-12-07, 01:12
She definitely has not. In fact, her breasts get smaller and smaller with every new game. She looks 36D now, whan she should be 36G or H to be a perfect Lara.

ok darling i'm guessing by that, you're a man!

if she was a 36G or H she wouldn't be a tomb raider running around, she would need to wear a bra for a start! it is so obvious she doesn't. her dress size would be an 18! that is 40" at least! most would like a normal sized lara, now i am big (14) not that big is bad. but for selling games a skinnier lara would be better. and running around as a 14 can hurt but an 18 i think that might get a tad uncomfortable very quickly!

there are women in real life that do look like that. but do many gymnasts (which lara is) have big boobs ... mmm me thinks no! so why have them in a game that is trying to be more realistic? :confused: :confused:

yes she needs something there, just not loads

i am sorry for going on but i just think it is sexist, pervy and not very TR.

ok rant over

i think lara is beautiful, but CD could easily improve or muck it up in a year.

Her birth year is no longer availble in the new biography (to my understanding).

really? *goes and checks* wow i never realized that :pi: mmm interesting

will ppl stop saying she is anorexic :mad:. she is an athlete and a gymnast and will probably like to keep in shape. anyway if they made her too big you'll start complaining about that too! there is a year roughly until a guessed release data and it could all change. CD have listened to some things we've said all ready so you never know, pigs might fly again! :ton:

The article is interesting. it hasn't hyped up TRU and strangely enough i like it. i'm not thinking "OMG, i love it, i love it, i cant wait", i can wait (i am very proud of little me):D
it leaves you wondering what exactly is going to happen, but not eagerly.

ewww spiders *shudder, shudder*, oohh but squashing sounds fun!

They can actually show stress lines and wrinkles and blotches in skin textures now. They're trying to make her as realistic as poissible.

Yippee! even though its only hinted at, if it does happen she'll look more awesome. true mouth-watering goodness! :D :D :D
ooh i wonder when we'll get our first helping goodness on TRChronicles.com?

no bosses, ok what are we gonna have instead? we can't get all puzzles? :(

lara is affected by her environment, the mud and rain. that sounds really good.

2nd half of 2008, sounds suspect to me *strokes invisible beard*

i have saved the most important till last

Thank you Pietras for the scans and the translation. :tmb: :tmb: :tmb: :tmb: :hug: :hug: :hug:

where would we be if lovely people didn't translate magazine articles for us.

Sir Croft
29-12-07, 01:52
Thanks for the translation Pietras! :D

One of the new abilities is the one of picking up many kinds of staff/lances and sticking them into the holes they're fit in (to avoid confusing: I'm talking about holes in walls)

:vlol: :vlol:

Lara Croft!
29-12-07, 02:00
Thanks for sharing!