PDA

View Full Version : General X-Files thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Endow
06-05-08, 15:48
Their faces seems off...

Btw, Rivendell, how come you haven't answered my PM?

Survival
06-05-08, 15:51
Their faces seems off...

Well 90% of movie posters have badly photoshopped characters :D.

Lonely Istari
06-05-08, 19:26
I love the tagline though...

"If you want to know the truth, you have to believe first" :).

Is that what it says? oooh I love that!

I do like that bloody X too. I just wish their bodies were a little closer so we could see their expressions better.

Angelus
06-05-08, 20:54
Oh my god is this real? It was published on Polish website... it looks awesome!
[img]

Oh my God! Brilliant, but really bad Photoshopped faces. :p If this is released to the public I'll definitely buy it. :jmp:

Survival
07-05-08, 07:04
IT IS official international poster, only unfinished yet :)

I'm looking at the hard copy of the English-language international poster right now: it is virtually identical to the "Polish" poster that everyone is referring to. At the top is printed "To find the truth, you must believe." Down below is printed the title "The X Files" (circular "X" in the center, of course, not the far right), and below that "I Want to Believe". No release date listed. It's the real poster, folks.

Arg! My collection is finally complete! :scream: :jmp:

http://img179.imagevenue.com/loc148/th_58840_DSCI0001x_122_148lo.JPG (http://img179.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58840_DSCI0001x_122_148lo.JPG)http://img219.imagevenue.com/loc131/th_58846_DSCI0002_122_131lo.JPG (http://img219.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58846_DSCI0002_122_131lo.JPG)http://img138.imagevenue.com/loc1035/th_58848_DSCI0003_122_1035lo.JPG (http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58848_DSCI0003_122_1035lo.JPG)http://img28.imagevenue.com/loc1142/th_58852_DSCI0004_122_1142lo.JPG (http://img28.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58852_DSCI0004_122_1142lo.JPG)
http://img131.imagevenue.com/loc825/th_58860_DSCI0005_122_825lo.JPG (http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58860_DSCI0005_122_825lo.JPG)http://img15.imagevenue.com/loc782/th_58868_DSCI0006_122_782lo.JPG (http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58868_DSCI0006_122_782lo.JPG)http://img226.imagevenue.com/loc405/th_58876_DSCI0007x_122_405lo.JPG (http://img226.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58876_DSCI0007x_122_405lo.JPG)

bloodstormaoa
07-05-08, 17:44
:yik: Holy Moley! :yik:

Survival
07-05-08, 20:32
:yik: Holy Moley! :yik:

Is that because of the poster? :vlol:

Angelus
07-05-08, 20:39
Is that because of the poster? :vlol:

Your collection! :eek:

My collection will be complete in 3-4 weeks! But why do you have two copies of the film?

Survival
07-05-08, 20:48
Your collection! :eek:

My collection will be complete in 3-4 weeks! But why do you have two copies of the film?

The one of the left is special edition with 45 mins "making of..." documentary, commentary by Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and Director *forgot name!* and trailer... it was released in 2005 over here.... the one on the right is "re-release" from 2007 with no bonuses but with better picture and it has czech dubbing and because my mom prefers czech dubs I bought it for her :).

Where are you in Season 5 right now? Have you seen Port Modern Prometheus and Bad Blood already? :vlol:

Angelus
07-05-08, 20:53
The one of the left is special edition with 45 mins "making of..." documentary, commentary by Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and Director *forgot name!* and trailer... it was released in 2005 over here.... the one on the right is "re-release" from 2007 with no bonuses but with better picture and it has czech dubbing and because my mom prefers czech dubs I bought it for her :).

Where are you in Season 5 right now? Have you seen Port Modern Prometheus and Bad Blood already? :vlol:

Oh, cool. I'm up to Post Modern Prometheus, and I've watched the first couple of minutes. Why was Cher singing in it (LMFAO), and why is it in black and white? :D

Survival
07-05-08, 20:55
Oh, cool. I'm up to Post Modern Prometheus, and I've watched the first couple of minutes. Why was Cher singing in it (LMFAO), and why is it in black and white? :D

Itīs one of my all time favourite episodes :). Itīs an homage to Frankenstein and old dark comedy horror movies and Cher is actually quite important to the whole plot... and the ending is just awesome ! :D.

Angelus
07-05-08, 21:02
Itīs one of my all time favourite episodes :). Itīs an homage to Frankenstein and old dark comedy horror movies and Cher is actually quite important to the whole plot... and the ending is just awesome ! :D.

Ooh, it must be good then. I haven't got time to sit and watch it during the week, so I have to wait until weekends. :) I still can't get over how good 'Detour' is. :D

Survival
07-05-08, 21:04
Ooh, it must be good then. I haven't got time to sit and watch it during the week, so I have to wait until weekends. :) I still can't get over how good 'Detour' is. :D

Detour, Chinga, Bad Blood, Post Modern Prometheus and Christmas Carol are my favourite episodes from Season 5 :).

Angelus
07-05-08, 21:08
Detour, Chinga, Bad Blood, Post Modern Prometheus and Christmas Carol are my favourite episodes from Season 5 :).

Looking forward to them. :D

David Duchovny said that all Gillian talks about is "Bad Blood Bad Blood Bad Blood". :D

Survival
07-05-08, 21:11
Looking forward to them. :D

David Duchovny said that all Gillian talks about is "Bad Blood Bad Blood Bad Blood". :D

Yup he makes fun of her all the time because she once said that during the eight season finale :D. It was like Deja Vu when she said that on Wonder Con :vlol:

Angelus
07-05-08, 21:16
Yup he makes fun of her all the time because she once said that during the eight season finale :D. It was like Deja Vu when she said that on Wonder Con :vlol:

Aw. :D They sound like really good friends.

Rivendell
07-05-08, 21:36
Ooh I love the ending of Post-Modern. :) It's just got a really "Awh" happy feel to it.

Survival
07-05-08, 21:36
Aw. :D They sound like really good friends.

They actualy had a relationship sometime during the first two seasons (Chris Carter brought Gillian a part of the script and bumped into David between the doors and he made it clear "Either relationship or the show" so the stayed just friends then there were some fights because David wanted bigger salary and then they were friends again. David is very stubborn actor though and after ge left the show he realized how much it really meant... he forced the whole production to move from Vancouver into Los Angeles and then "left" the show a year later. But when he realized what happened and how much it meant to him he started to at least visit the sets again and co wrote -uncredited- (directed one) some episodes in Season 9.

Angelus
07-05-08, 21:40
They actualy had a relationship sometime during the first two seasons (Chris Carter brought Gillian a part of the script and bumped into David between the doors and he made it clear "Either relationship or the show" so the stayed just friends then there were some fights because David wanted bigger salary and then they were friends again. David is very stubborn actor though and after ge left the show he realized how much it really meant... he forced the whole production to move from Vancouver into Los Angeles and then "left" the show a year later. But when he realized what happened and how much it meant to him he started to at least visit the sets again and co wrote -uncredited- (directed one) some episodes in Season 9.

:eek:

Thanks for that! Really interesting to read. :)

MrBear
07-05-08, 21:48
Impressive collection :)

Bad Blood is probably my all-time favourite humour episode :D it's got some great moments, enjoy!

Survival
07-05-08, 22:09

Thanks for that! Really interesting to read. :)

No problem I was quite interested in the subject a few years back because stupid magazines etc. made it look like they hated each other etc... so I looked into that and found out the truth :).

Impressive collection :)

Thanks ! :). Itīs actually the same as yours only each disc has its own case :).

MrBear
07-05-08, 22:18
- And you've got the movie (times two) :p

But yeah, I guess it just looks greater when they're displayed like that :)

Survival
07-05-08, 22:23
- And you've got the movie (times two) :p

But yeah, I guess it just looks greater when they're displayed like that :)

But it looks great displayed like that I have to admid Iīm quite proud of it :p (Even though itīs more space consuming).

bloodstormaoa
07-05-08, 22:50
@ Survival - Yeah, it was the poster :p

Loved S9 so far. All that is left is....."The Truth".

Agent 47
08-05-08, 18:33
as just posted on latest purchase with pics thread........

i just bought this import from USA (as it's cheaper than UK) :D

contains guaranteed autograph card :jmp:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/32020416/aview/xfilesconn.jpg

btw, i totally like the Polish movie poster :D

Survival
08-05-08, 18:46
as just posted on latest purchase with pics thread........

i just bought this import from USA (as it's cheaper than UK) :D

contains guaranteed autograph card :jmp:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/32020416/aview/xfilesconn.jpg

btw, i totally like the Polish movie poster :D

Niiice :D What is that? :D

Agent 47
08-05-08, 18:57
Niiice :D What is that? :D

it's an unopened trading card display box, the box contains 26 packs each having 7 cards inside :jmp:

the set is 71 cards,but each packet contains an alternate foil parallel version

i only need The X-Files season 8 & 9 now :jmp:

Survival
08-05-08, 19:00
it's an unopened trading card display box, the box contains 26 packs each having 6 cards inside :jmp:

i only need The X-Files season 8 & 9 now :jmp:

Niice :D. My friend would kill for that he loves TXFTCG :vlol:

Agent 47
08-05-08, 19:09
Niice :D. My friend would kill for that he loves TXFTCG :vlol:

i only buy display boxes as i can usually make 2 complete sets from one box....i keep a set plus any special inserts such as autographs for my own collection :D

been a collector for years, only started buying X-Files this year,although i've had The X-Files Showcase set and Season 4&5 set for ages.:jmp:

bloodstormaoa
09-05-08, 09:01
^ That looks awesome Agent 47 :tmb:

Well, my X-files journey is, unfortunately over :( (until August 1st :p)

It was so awesome to watch the entire series in one go, and to relive the episodes from my "youth", while becoming drawn into the mythology which I had never fully experienced. This show has taken me on some incredible adventures, many of which, I'll never forget. The way in which the characters developed was astounding, especially Scully (who is, I must admit, for me, the most interesting character in the show).

Best season?? A toss up between S3 and S8....these two were The X-files at its best!

Without going into too much detail, I have to say that I love the wrap-up episode "The Truth". Although it's one I saw on its original airing, having not seen the entire two previous seasons, I had been a bit lost. But now, I can appreciate it for the awesomeness it is! An excellent, fitting and emotional ending to the series. Answers loads of questions but creates a few more...

I'm even more excited to see the new movie now, so I can see what M&S have been up to, knowing what the know now....(they'll have to touch on it, even if it is a stand-alone movie) :jmp:

Survival
09-05-08, 15:21
Well, my X-files journey is, unfortunately over :( (until August 1st :p)

It was so awesome to watch the entire series in one go, and to relive the episodes from my "youth", while becoming drawn into the mythology which I had never fully experienced. This show has taken me on some incredible adventures, many of which, I'll never forget. The way in which the characters developed was astounding, especially Scully (who is, I must admit, for me, the most interesting character in the show).

Best season?? A toss up between S3 and S8....these two were The X-files at its best!

Without going into too much detail, I have to say that I love the wrap-up episode "The Truth". Although it's one I saw on its original airing, having not seen the entire two previous seasons, I had been a bit lost. But now, I can appreciate it for the awesomeness it is! An excellent, fitting and emotional ending to the series. Answers loads of questions but creates a few more...

I'm even more excited to see the new movie now, so I can see what M&S have been up to, knowing what the know now....(they'll have to touch on it, even if it is a stand-alone movie) :jmp:

I couldnīt agree more! :jmp: Very well written! :)

Agent 47
09-05-08, 18:43
hope it's true :D trailer "allegedly" coming next week

Rivendell
09-05-08, 19:00
^ WTF is the pic on the right-hand side of the page?!

Agent 47
09-05-08, 19:03
^ WTF is the pic on the right-hand side of the page?!

didn't consider looking at avatars,link removed

Survival
09-05-08, 19:25
Agent 47@ could you please PM me the link? I want to know what possible info on the trailer was there :).

Agent 47
09-05-08, 20:10
Agent 47@ could you please PM me the link? I want to know what possible info on the trailer was there :).

:D

done

Survival
09-05-08, 20:16

done

Thanks! :D

I actually see nothing "wrong" (in a sex/nudity theme way) with that avatar... said person is obviously M+S shipper :vlol:

Agent 47
09-05-08, 20:24
Thanks! :D

I actually see nothing "wrong" (in a sex/nudity theme way) with that avatar... said person is obviously M+S shipper :vlol:

true, but it's better to be safe than sorry,given young folks post here :D

Survival
09-05-08, 20:30
true, but it's better to be safe than sorry,given young folks post here :D

Yeah youīre right... I love some sigs though... I am an X-FU ... Are U ? :vlol:

Agent 47
09-05-08, 20:39
Yeah youīre right... I love some sigs though... I am an X-FU ... Are U ? :vlol:

no, not a member but i do read the site practically everyday or when i have time,if you post there then there's a good chance i've read your posts :D

Survival
09-05-08, 20:48
no, not a member but i do read the site practically everyday or when i have time,if you post there then there's a good chance i've read your posts :D

Ahh no Iīm not a member and I was commenting on the signatures some users have and there are some saying "I am an X-FU ... Are U?" :D. I actually know youīre not a member (you wrote that in PM you sent me) but I guess I just wrote it down wrong :vlol:

Agent 47
09-05-08, 20:50
Ahh no Iīm not a member and I was commenting on the signatures some users have and there are some saying "I am an X-FU ... Are U?" :D. I actually know youīre not a member (you wrote that in PM you sent me) but I guess I just wrote it down wrong :vlol:

i like how they've created an area for a possible XF3 movie :D now that's optimism :jmp: i'm not fussed whether it's stand alone or mytharc.....i just want MORE X-FILES

Survival
09-05-08, 20:51
i like how they've created an area for a possible XF3 movie :D now that's optimism :jmp:

Well if FOX succeeds in killing this movie I doubt thereīll be another. BUT CC and FS said they are PLANNING to make MORE movies if this one is a succes :)

Agent 47
09-05-08, 20:54
Well if FOX succeeds in killing this movie I doubt thereīll be another. BUT CC and FS said they are PLANNING to make MORE movies if this one is a succes :)

and i totally support more adventures of Mulder and Scully...yes indeed this had better get good box-office because there's countless stories to be told :D

Lonely Istari
10-05-08, 04:11
:wve: hey guys!

and i totally support more adventures of Mulder and Scully...yes indeed this had better get good box-office because there's countless stories to be told :D

Good to hear! :D :jmp: We need more X Files!!

Survival
10-05-08, 05:49
TRAILER IS OFFICIALY COMING IN MONDAY ! :jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp: :jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

It will be on www.ign.com! :eek: and very soon on official wesite www.xfiles.com :jmp:

OMG AND THEREīS COUNTDOWN GOING ON ON WWW.XFILES.COM

OMG EVEN MORE GOODIES! :jmp:

FOX has released new web ads in order to promote the trailer that will be released this Monday. These ads are two videos, each approximately ten second-long, one featuring Mulder talking about Scully and the other featuring Scully talking about Mulder. You can view the ads by following the 'Read more' link below. Please note that the ads do heavily suggest somethings that may be considered a spoiler.

uBJpMYEdy0g
kSJPY3eNRL4

Agent 47
10-05-08, 17:56
i've decided Survival is one totally awesome individual

thanks for this info :jmp:

Rivendell
10-05-08, 17:58
Thanks for the PM!

This is majorly exciting, can't wait for monday - the website, seeing the countdown and hearing the music whilst seeing the X Files logo, it made me grin and shiver. It's back guys, The X Files is finally back! :jmp: :yah: It's actually happening! :jmp:

Agent 47
10-05-08, 18:03
hehe *Nothing Important Happened Today*

only news of the trailer:D

bloodstormaoa
10-05-08, 18:24
OMG!!! Awesome :D Thanks for the PM Survival :D

Those ads are excellent :jmp:

MrBear
10-05-08, 23:35
Oooh, something important happens tomorrow! :D (you know, continuing Agent 47's joke) - thanks for the heads-up ;)

Trailer tomorrow? Sweet! But, ehm, it's probably the same as 'we' saw at that conference, what's its name? U-Con, or something.. Or do you think it's a new-new one?

I won't watch those two 10 seconds videos, I think, since you warn about spoilers (and thanks a bunch for that!).. Better stay clear of those (for the time being :cln:)..

Lonely Istari
11-05-08, 06:00
Oh. My. God.

:jmp: I can't even stand this excitement! I can't believe it's back! It's actually coming back!!! :jmp: :jmp:

Thank you Survival for posting those videos!!! You've made my day!!

Question about those (highlight to read) Are they in character in these? or are they simply David talking about Gillian and vice versa? Because I don't understand why they "missed" these thingsa bout each other...

Survival
11-05-08, 06:20
Spotnitz: Well, it's funny, because Gillian didn't start [at the same time]. Actually, we started filming in December and she wasn't in any of those scenes, it was just David. And we started with a lot of scenes that were action, no dialogue at all, so it was sort of, not the most fun stuff. It's, you know, tedious filming people jumping, running, climbing, it's like not the great stuff. To me the sort of chill down my spine was when I first saw David and Gillian, I think it was the beginning of November, they came to Chris's house in Malibu to read the script. We had a table read, and it was just the four of us. Other people were coming in and out who had worked on the show, but it was the four of us sitting around a table at Chris's house, and that was, that was just amazing to me because it had been six years, they were very different people, they were leading completely separate lives all this time, and yet there's this undeniable chemistry between the two of them and it was there, it had not gone away. And it was powerful, it was really powerful. And then a week later we did camera tests at Chris's house, and Gillian had the red hair, and David got his haircut back, his Mulder haircut, you know, he's been combing it differently all these years, and it was astonishing. It really was. It was like bringing back the dead. And they did some, they ad-libbed some talk that, will somehow end up, you'll end up seeing, it's be used by Fox somehow. But it was in character talk, and yeah, it was emotional, because you know, obviously, not surprisingly, I feel a very deep connection to these fictional people an there they were. That's such a rare thing, to have characters come back like that. And I feel very lucky.

Looks like these videos were filmed at Chris Carterīs home :D.

Iīm glad to inform you about everything that happens in the X Files world guys and gals :D Thereīs no need to thank! :)

Lonely Istari@ It looks liked theyīre "in" their characters and it looks liked M+S have not been together for a long time but I doubt that it will have any direct relevance to the movie :).

Lonely Istari
11-05-08, 07:06
Oh man, I bet that really must have been something! These guys must be so excited to see their creations coming back by popular demand!! :D

Rivendell
11-05-08, 08:15
I really hope the trailer goes up at the stroke of midnight! :jmp:

Survival
11-05-08, 08:18
I really hope the trailer goes up at the stroke of midnight! :jmp:

How much time do you have left on the main page?

Rivendell
11-05-08, 08:29
14h 30m :D

Survival
11-05-08, 08:30
14h 30m :D

Ah itīs already adjusted according to GTM! My says 13:30 right now... I was afraid I would have to wait much longer :)

Rivendell
11-05-08, 08:32
Waaah I can't WAIT! :yah: :jmp: :yah: :jmp:

Survival
11-05-08, 08:35
Waaah I can't WAIT! :yah: :jmp: :yah: :jmp:

Letīs just hope itīll really be there at midnight :yah: I donīt want to wait ītill morning for it to surface :jmp:

EDIT:
X Files Fanatics will know... ;) :D
http://img165.imagevenue.com/loc929/th_06689_ddd_122_929lo.JPG (http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc929&image=06689_ddd_122_929lo.JPG)

Lonely Istari
11-05-08, 18:59
:jmp: Can't wait can't wait!! :jmp:

Survival
11-05-08, 19:08
Arhg! Only 3 hours left! :jmp:

Lonely Istari
11-05-08, 19:12
3 hours for you? :(

9 hours for me! :mad:

Survival
11-05-08, 19:16
3 hours for you? :(

9 hours for me! :mad:

Well who knows WHEN itīll actually appear but donīt worry Iīll upload it on youtube as soon as possible :jmp:

Lonely Istari
11-05-08, 19:20
Yay!! :yah: I would so appreciate that! :hug:

Rivendell
11-05-08, 19:54
3hours 6 mins until blast off! :jmp: :yah:

Survival
11-05-08, 21:02
Omigod! :eek::jmp:
http://img131.imagevenue.com/loc904/th_39727_100_122_904lo.JPG (http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=39727_100_122_904lo.JPG)

Rivendell
11-05-08, 21:04
Ooh I thought it was set so that everyone would get it at the same time! :eek:

No fair! :ton: I have to wait an hour longer!

Agent 47
11-05-08, 21:08
Ooh I thought it was set so that everyone would get it at the same time! :eek:

No fair! :ton: I have to wait an hour longer!

meh! just be glad a trailer will soon be upon us :D tis the only reason i'm on the PC

Survival
11-05-08, 21:10
I have a bad feeling that the trailer will actually be online when US gets their "midnight" though.

Rivendell@well itīs 23:10 here :p

Agent 47
11-05-08, 21:51
i make it 1hr 8mins to go UK time :jmp:

Rivendell
11-05-08, 21:52
*Waits for Survival's reaction*

Survival
11-05-08, 22:01
OH MY GOD IT JUMPED BACK AT 22:22:22 :vlol: Itīs not there! :vlol:! Oh my god I have to go sleep and I just hope itīll be there when I wake up! :D I believe theyīll upload it in 7 to 8 hours :)

EDIT: IT STAYED ON 0:0:0:0 ... Iīm gonna wait a while.

Thereīs a banner on www.ign.com that redirects you to www.xfiles.com ... the trailer should be up in a few hours.

MrBear
11-05-08, 22:16
EDIT:
X Files Fanatics will know... ;) :D
http://img165.imagevenue.com/loc929/th_06689_ddd_122_929lo.JPG (http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc929&image=06689_ddd_122_929lo.JPG)

I guess I'm not a fanatic then... :-O what are you getting at with the 10 13? :)

Uhh, it'll be here shortly! :D the countdown is up (pun? :p) and they can't keep us waiting forever!

Survival
11-05-08, 22:17
I guess I'm not a fanatic then... :-O what are you getting at with the 10 13? :)

Uhh, it'll be here shortly! :D the countdown is up (pun? :p) and they can't keep us waiting forever!

10.13 Carters date of birth that was used numerous times during the series... times on numerous clocks, numbers of important doors/trains/flights etc :). And itīs a name of his production company! :D

MrBear
11-05-08, 22:29
Oh, I see :p I had no idea about that.. I'll keep that in mind when I watch an episode the next time ;)

And Survival, go to bed! :D

Rivendell
11-05-08, 22:56
Well, 3 mins to go - let's see if the UK has any more luck. (Reckon you're right about everyone having to wait for midnight- USA time though.)

Edit: Yup, wait for USA it is then.

Lonely Istari
12-05-08, 00:08
3 hours and 52 minutes to go then.

What will midnight here be for you there? 5 am? ugh...

[Edit] Omg under 5 min to go!

[Edit2 5 min later] :mad: It's not showing up!

Survival
12-05-08, 06:17
We just have to wait... www.ign.com and www.xfiles.com is the way to go!

12 midnight in Los Angeles
3 AM in New York
8 AM in England/Portugal
9 AM in France/Germany/Switzerland/Italy/Spain

Fret not, timezone changing friends: The trailer will debut at 12:01am PST on IGN and the official site.

You can get the exact PT here: http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java :)

Rivendell
12-05-08, 06:52
8am UK? Wow, I got up at the right time! :D

Survival
12-05-08, 06:56
Only 0 more minute to go :jmp: Please please!!! :D

Itīs quiet... no counter....

Rivendell
12-05-08, 07:00
The..main page isn't working!! :yik:

Survival
12-05-08, 07:01
Tension ....

Rivendell
12-05-08, 07:03
Perhaps Fox are actually uploading the trailer now? I guess *not* having the trailer on the website until now would prevent hackers and leaks. :confused:

Survival
12-05-08, 07:04
It should be there any minute! The good thing is thereīs no counting anymore! :D

Rivendell
12-05-08, 07:04
Just thousands of people refreshing the same page going "AAAHHHH! What's going on?!??" :vlol:

Survival
12-05-08, 07:05
Exactly! :vlol: Maybe the page will not work because of the traffic :D

Rivendell
12-05-08, 07:10
This is infuriating. Comeoncomeonecomeoncomeoncomeon.... I wonder how much new footage they'll show?

Survival
12-05-08, 07:10
Itīs working now... no trailer though...

Survival
12-05-08, 07:11
Oh my goddd!
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/379767/the-x-files-i-want-to-believe/videos/xfilestrailer_050908.html

Rivendell
12-05-08, 07:11
Ooh, I got the old : : : : page, and refreshed and : : : : wasn't there. .. But neither was the trailer! :eek:

Edit: Waaah!! Buffer faster! :D

Edit 2: Lol, so much for a 'new' trailer :vlol: Who cares though, fricking amazing, creepy, and exciting! :jmp:

Survival
12-05-08, 07:26
Ooh, I got the old : : : : page, and refreshed and : : : : wasn't there. .. But neither was the trailer! :eek:

Edit: Waaah!! Buffer faster! :D

Edit 2: Lol, so much for a 'new' trailer :vlol: Who cares though, fricking amazing, creepy, and exciting! :jmp:

Well the beginning is much much better and I love the "modernized" last third of the trailer :D

Rivendell
12-05-08, 07:41
Was it just me, or did it look like a few shots showed a rugged, hairy Krykec? :confused:

Survival
12-05-08, 07:43
GMrr9J6vP3c
Uploaded! Hurry up before FOX finds out! :vlol:

Is that Scully?
http://img207.imagevenue.com/loc177/th_80817_bscap0125_122_177lo.jpg (http://img207.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc177&image=80817_bscap0125_122_177lo.jpg)

MrBear
12-05-08, 09:46
Riv: about Krycek, you mean at 0:24 in the trailer? Or 1:05? I don't think I see the resemblance too much.. But it would be neat if he returned as long as they could explain it properly :)

At 0:57 it almost looks like the Bounty Hunter from the myth episodes... I was quite sure the first time but now that I stop the trailer and study the face I'm not so sure...

I love how the trailer don't give away what'll happen.. There's something under the ice, there's the mention of some woman who sees something and lots of other clips that are tricky to piece together :cln: the movie's gonna rock, I can feel it! :D

Survival: yes, that's definitely Scully :)

bloodstormaoa
12-05-08, 10:13
:jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Lonely Istari
12-05-08, 15:39
OMG I've just watched it :yah: :jmp: :yah:

I'm sooooo excited for this movie!!!

"So you believe in these kind of things?"
"Let's just say I want to believe"

:jmp:

Survival
12-05-08, 15:44
Thanks Mr.Bear I wasnīt sure :).

:jmp: I canīt wait! What about that short clip where Mulder falls on his knees... I have a feeling something badīs gonna happen :eek:
http://img170.imagevenue.com/loc805/th_04382_bscap0159_122_805lo.jpg (http://img170.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc805&image=04382_bscap0159_122_805lo.jpg)

And I love this shot... :jmp:
http://img9.imagevenue.com/loc740/th_81431_bscap0165_122_740lo.jpg (http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc740&image=81431_bscap0165_122_740lo.jpg)

Angelus@ I strongly recommend not to watch the trailer yet there are some... rather spoilerific scenes for the TV series :)

Lonely Istari
12-05-08, 15:50
Anyone watch the interviews with CC and FS? Wow, Chris is looking a lot older! Still blinks a million times a minute too. :D

oocladableeblah
12-05-08, 16:02
Holy crap they look older lol. I still need to get the second season and watch it. Can't wait for the movie though.

Survival
12-05-08, 16:27
Anyone watch the interviews with CC and FS? Wow, Chris is looking a lot older! Still blinks a million times a minute too. :D

It actually broke my heart when I first saw CC in that WonderCon footage... my first thought was "oh my god please donīt die so soon"... itīs funny and sad I know. CC and FS... I "love" both of them theyīre amazing and inteligent people and I just canīt stand seeing them getting older and older... I hope it does not sound selfish.

Lonely Istari
12-05-08, 16:37
It actually broke my heart when I first saw CC in that WonderCon footage... my first thought was "oh my god please donīt die so soon"... itīs funny and sad I know. CC and FS... I "love" both of them theyīre amazing and inteligent people and I just canīt stand seeing them getting older and older... I hope it does not sound selfish.

I am feeling the same way!! They have some of the best creative minds out there! It will be such a SAD SAD day when they are gone! :( Although, they do look pretty good and healthy for their ages. Looks like they've got a long way to go yet! :D

Agent 47
12-05-08, 19:20
nice to see a good quality revised trailer, was hoping to see AD Skinner in it, i still cling on to the hope he's in this movie too, he was a good ally for M & S :(

either way the movie will rule and make enough cash to warrant a 3rd movie :jmp:

Lonely Istari
13-05-08, 01:10
According to Chris Carter, Skinner will be in that steamy love scene with Mulder and Scully. :vlol:

I'm pretty sure he was joking. :p

Angelus
13-05-08, 08:24
*Grumbles*

I can't watch the trailer in school, and I can't order more seasons of the show until my PC is fixed! I still have half of Season 5, the film and Season 6 to go.

bloodstormaoa
13-05-08, 10:55
IGN's Top 10 Stand-alone Episodes (http://tv.ign.com/articles/870/870608p1.html)

What do you think of the list?

I think it's OK, but it missed out some of the best.....

@ Joe - Don't watch the trailer yet!!!! SPOILERS!!!!

Angelus
13-05-08, 11:01
IGN's Top 10 Stand-alone Episodes (http://tv.ign.com/articles/870/870608p1.html)

I think it's OK, but it missed out some of the best.....

@ Joe - Don't watch the trailer yet!!!! SPOILERS!!!!

I won't. :p

Out of that list, Detour is my favourite. But where the hell is Squeeze!? Or Home!?

Survival
13-05-08, 11:11
I agree they missed plenty of better episodes... but X Files are THAT good so I guess you canīt choose only 10 and make everyone happy :p.

bloodstormaoa
13-05-08, 11:12
^ Thats true :)

I won't. :p

Out of that list, Detour is my favourite. But where the hell is Squeeze!? Or Home!?

I KNOW :mad: And 'Triangle'??

Love 'Detour' :tmb:

Angelus
13-05-08, 11:15
I agree they missed plenty of better episodes... but X Files are THAT good so I guess you canīt choose only 10 and make everyone happy :p.

So true! :D

^ Thats true :)

I KNOW :mad: And 'Triangle'??

Love 'Detour' :tmb:

Triangle... have I seen that? :confused: I can't remember it...

Detour is definitely one of my favourite episodes so far, along with Home.

Agent 47
13-05-08, 11:39
*Grumbles*

I can't watch the trailer in school, and I can't order more seasons of the show until my PC is fixed! I still have half of Season 5, the film and Season 6 to go.

use your console if it has an internet browser, i have Amazon bookmarked on my PS3......very convenient :D

bloodstormaoa
13-05-08, 11:53
Triangle... have I seen that? :confused: I can't remember it...

Detour is definitely one of my favourite episodes so far, along with Home.

No, sorry! It's 6x03. You'll love it :tmb:

Rivendell
13-05-08, 12:11
Not a bad list from IGN.

"This is Not Happening" , "Triangle" and "Biogenesis" would've made my list though. :D

Survival
13-05-08, 12:15
Not a bad list from IGN.

"This is Not Happening" , "Triangle" and "Biogenesis" would've made my list though. :D

Itīs a non-mythology list :)

I miss Home, Roadrunners, Hellbound, 4D, Deamonicus, Alone, Arcadia, Aqua Mala... ugh Iīm not gonna continue :p

Angelus
13-05-08, 12:32
use your console if it has an internet browser, i have Amazon bookmarked on my PS3......very convenient :D

I have a 360. *Grumbles even more*

No, sorry! It's 6x03. You'll love it :tmb:

Woo, I've got that season! :D

I miss Home, Roadrunners, Hellbound, 4D, Deamonicus, Alone, Arcadia, Aqua Mala... ugh Iīm not gonna continue :p

They should have done a list of all the stand-alone episodes. :D

MrBear
13-05-08, 13:54

I'm actually very pleased by it :) as I've stated earlier I really don't like Home.. Bad Blood, Beyond the Sea and Clyde Bruckman (?)'s Final Repose were no-brainers, in my opinion :) I could've wanted Squeeze too, I guess, but luckily it's got Darkness Falls ;)

Improbable wouldn't look bad on the list either :) Burt Reynolds does a great job :D

Lonely Istari
13-05-08, 15:36

Arcadia is one of my favorites! I think I've mentioned this before, but felt it worthy of repeating :p

Agent 47
13-05-08, 19:20
brief snippet of an interview broadcast on CBS today

http://xfilesnews.com/

Gillian and David speak.....you can hear tints of Gillian's English accent during the interview (not bad given she's American by birth but spent her childhood in London - hence the accent) :D

bloodstormaoa
13-05-08, 23:22
I spotted a small entertainment article about Billy Connolly's role in the new movie, courtesy of The Star, at work today.

I ripped it out and typed it up for your viewing pleasure. :p

*** POSSIBLE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE SPOILERS ***

Big Yin’s holy show for X-files.

Scottish funnyman Billy Connolly has filmed his most controversial role ever – in the new X-files thriller.
The Big Yin plays a disgraced priest in the spooky film X-files: I want to believe.
The controversial character receives “visions” after women start to disappear in Virginia.
An insider said, “It’s a complete change for Billy. His character isn’t the usual he’d play.”
In the second X-files movie, the clerics questionable ”visions” send desperate local police on a wild goose chase and straight to a bizarre medical experiment.
The insider added: “Mulder and Scully decide they’re the only people who can stop the horrific crimes.”

A lot of that was new....to me :p

Survival
14-05-08, 05:16
http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/05/61606/index.html - Top Secret X Files Set Visit :) You can dowload video here : http://www.kultx.cz/?p=1751 (just click on the link under the screens).

bloodstormaoa@ Everything said there is already in the official synopsis for the movie that was posted a few pages back but itīs nice to see a confirmation from a different source... at least now we know itīs true :).

The truth is out there: It's been six years since "The X-Files" disappeared from primetime TV, and almost ten years since 'The X-Files: Fight the Future' burned up the big screen.

Now, the highly anticipated follow-up film, 'The X-Files: I Want To Believe,' is primed to hit theaters on July 25, and only ET's KEVIN FRAZIER is behind the scenes with reunited stars DAVID DUCHOVNY and GILLIAN ANDERSON, back as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully!

"We hadn't seen each other for a while; it was like a reunion," David tells Kevin of re-connecting with Gillian, mentioning that they kept in touch via e-mail over the years. "It's really nice to act with her again, because not only do I, David, enjoy acting with her, but when Mulder and Scully come alive [again onscreen] -- that was fun; that was kind of magical for us."

"I think the dynamic that sits between David and I when we're working is quite unique," says Gillian. "Coming back together again after time has passed, it felt exciting; it felt like it was a choice that we were making, and one that we were enthusiastic about -- that's a cool way to start something."

It's no surprise that "X-Files" creator and 'I Want To Believe' director CHRIS CARTER is keeping an incredibly tight lid on the film's paranormal plotline, but we can tell you that it picks up six years after the end of the original TV series.

"You get a sense of what they've been doing with their time and what their focus has been and what they care about," says Gillian about the show's key characters.

"Chris Carter, he's always been secretive," says David. "Ever since the beginning of the show he's kept stories secret; it was a little overboard when I wanted the script and I couldn't have one."

When prodded to reveal some plot details, or if anyone dies in the movie, or even if there's a romance between Mulder and Scully, David gamely replies, "That's a good question; what's the next question?"

AMANDA PEET, BILLY CONNOLLY and rapper/actor XZIBIT also star in the movie, and while the new snowy storyline will distance itself from the alien mythology of the show, it will still touch upon certain aspects of the TV series, like Scully's child. On top of that, it looks like a serial killer may be on the loose...

"It's a horror; it's a scary, scary film," says Gillian. "I think the audience can be expecting to jump out of their seats."

And as for all of the Internet speculation/dissection regarding all the minutiae of the movie, David simply says, "We're just thankful that people remember the show and are interested in seeing it again, because we love doing it."

bloodstormaoa
14-05-08, 11:31
^ Great read. :)

Sorry, I must have missed the official synopsis :o

Survival
14-05-08, 11:35
Oh my god the second movie is being promoted in Cannes! :jmp:
http://img127.imagevenue.com/loc1156/th_64898_xfiles2_cannes_a_122_1156lo.jpg (http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=64898_xfiles2_cannes_a_122_1156lo.jp g)
http://img205.imagevenue.com/loc375/th_65465_xfiles2_ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dcannes_b_122_375lo.jpg (http://img205.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=65465_xfiles2_dddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddcannes_b_122_375lo.jpg)
Notice the picture of Mulder in his "office" on www.xfiles.com? Thereīs a newspaper clip behind him and it says:
"FBI arrests werewolf doctor" ... the point is in the original picture that got released it said "FBI arrests Frankenstein doctor" ! :vlol: We canīt believe a thing! Denying has become a policy! :vlol:

bloodstormaoa
14-05-08, 11:45
:jmp: Cannes!!

"Deny Everything" :p

Agent 47
14-05-08, 12:48
i've just made an X-Files XMB for my PS3,wanted to add audio but don't know how to convert to .VAG extension:(

bloodstormaoa
14-05-08, 12:59
i've just made an X-Files XMB for my PS3,wanted to add audio but don't know how to convert to .VAG extension:(

Well figure it out quickly and put it up for download :mad:

:p

Agent 47
14-05-08, 13:29
Well figure it out quickly and put it up for download :mad:

:p

http://www.savefile.com/files/1556885

remember to create PS3 > THEME folders...

no sound on this one, can't suss it :mad: (i wanted the theme music bit from the trailer)

bloodstormaoa
14-05-08, 19:41
http://www.savefile.com/files/1556885

remember to create PS3 > THEME folders...

no sound on this one, can't suss it :mad: (i wanted the theme music bit from the trailer)

Awww, thats a pity.

Care to give me a full run down on how to get it working, I'm pretty newb-like with this sort of thing :o ??

Agent 47
14-05-08, 20:03
Awww, thats a pity.

Care to give me a full run down on how to get it working, I'm pretty newb-like with this sort of thing :o ??

1, create a folder called PS3
2, create a folder called THEME
3, put X-Files.p3t file in the Theme folder
4, put THEME folder in the PS3 folder
5, put the PS3/THEME folder on USB memory stick
6, plug USB into PS3 and installl the theme under Theme Settings :D

here's version 1.1, better XMB icons,just extract and place PS3 folder on a USB memory stick then transfer to your PS3 :D http://www.savefile.com/files/1557508

Preview
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.8af24ce465.png (http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?8af24ce465.png)

Lonely Istari
15-05-08, 01:38
Notice the picture of Mulder in his "office" on www.xfiles.com? (http://www.xfiles.com?) Thereīs a newspaper clip behind him and it says:
"FBI arrests werewolf doctor" ... the point is in the original picture that got released it said "FBI arrests Frankenstein doctor" ! :vlol: We canīt believe a thing! Denying has become a policy! :vlol:

:vlol: Notice how beat up and wrinkly the "I WANT TO BELIEVE" poster is too. Makes me feel old somehow... seeing it go from new and crisp to wrinkled and battered. :p

Survival
15-05-08, 06:14
Gillian in Cannes :)

http://img130.imagevenue.com/loc791/th_31979_gillian_cannes_2008_e_122_791lo.jpg (http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31979_gillian_cannes_2008_e_122_791l o.jpg)http://img165.imagevenue.com/loc1022/th_31979_gillian_cannes_2008_l_122_1022lo.jpg (http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31979_gillian_cannes_2008_l_122_1022 lo.jpg)http://img157.imagevenue.com/loc757/th_31985_gillian_cannes_2008_r_122_757lo.jpg (http://img157.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31985_gillian_cannes_2008_r_122_757l o.jpg)http://img7.imagevenue.com/loc1110/th_31990_gillian_cannes_2008_v_122_1110lo.jpg (http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31990_gillian_cannes_2008_v_122_1110 lo.jpg)

And official international version of the poster! :jmp:
http://img231.imagevenue.com/loc407/th_32125_posteroff_122_407lo.JPG (http://img231.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=32125_posteroff_122_407lo.JPG)

MrBear
15-05-08, 07:10
Doesn't David's face still look strange?? Gillian looks great in the poster, though :) however, I'm not sure that white suits her... Perhaps I'm just not used to seeing her dressed in white :p (apart from when Scully does an autopsy)..

Survival
15-05-08, 07:13
I donīt know it stil looks much better than his face in the first one :p. Anyway the source is not confirmed so we just have to wait for FOX to actually release the poster :)

Agent 47
15-05-08, 11:27
so, as you know, i ordered The X-Files Connections Trading Card box from the US.

well it arrived today....i only went and found this Autograph Card in the penultimate packet.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/97bc7e5a18.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

how cool is that,given it's card no' A-2 :jmp: (i also know how much it's worth) :D

i'm positively chuffed, would have liked William B Davis or Mitch Pilleggi...but i'm happy with this one :jmp:

Survival
15-05-08, 11:45
Argh I love Annabeth Gish! Gimme gimme gimme! :( :vlol:

EDIT: More Gill from Cannes.... is she pregnant? :D
http://img244.imagevenue.com/loc83/th_25082_gillian_16_05_2008_b_122_83lo.jpg (http://img244.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25082_gillian_16_05_2008_b_122_83lo. jpg)

EDIT2:
She must be pregnant! I mean look at them :D Itīs One Breath all over again :eek::vlol:
http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc711/th_39537_gillian_paparazzi_16_05_2008_e_122_711lo. jpg (http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=39537_gillian_paparazzi_16_05_2008_e _122_711lo.jpg)

Survival
16-05-08, 12:06
damn sorry for double post

Agent 47
16-05-08, 16:04
what's that i see.........Anderson with the new Mr Scott....(Simon Pegg):jmp:

Survival
16-05-08, 19:46
I made something for you :jmp:
http://img103.imagevenue.com/loc686/th_67198_xf_122_686lo.JPG (http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67198_xf_122_686lo.JPG)

Rivendell
16-05-08, 20:11
^ Great! That's massive, I made myself a new avvy with it :tmb:

Survival
16-05-08, 20:40
^ Niice one Rivendell! :D

EDIT: More Gill from Cannes! :jmp:

http://img153.imagevenue.com/loc667/th_70667_1_122_667lo.jpg (http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70667_1_122_667lo.jpg)http://img207.imagevenue.com/loc544/th_70686_2_122_544lo.jpg (http://img207.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70686_2_122_544lo.jpg)http://img229.imagevenue.com/loc559/th_70689_3_122_559lo.jpg (http://img229.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70689_3_122_559lo.jpg)http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc938/th_70690_4_122_938lo.jpg (http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70690_4_122_938lo.jpg)
http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc618/th_70698_5_122_618lo.jpg (http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70698_5_122_618lo.jpg)http://img238.imagevenue.com/loc591/th_70700_6_122_591lo.jpg (http://img238.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70700_6_122_591lo.jpg)http://img170.imagevenue.com/loc1123/th_70702_7_122_1123lo.jpg (http://img170.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70702_7_122_1123lo.jpg)
http://img194.imagevenue.com/loc260/th_70703_8_122_260lo.jpg (http://img194.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70703_8_122_260lo.jpg)

Rivendell
16-05-08, 20:48
www.xfilesnews.com seems to have been hacked or something. :confused:

Survival
16-05-08, 20:50
www.xfilesnews.com seems to have been hacked or something. :confused:

It seems fine to me? :confused:

Rivendell
16-05-08, 20:52
I'm redirected to this site whenever I go there:
http://www.theopalproject.co.uk/tendency.php?source=42

I'm confused.

Survival
16-05-08, 20:54
I'm redirected to this site whenever I go there:
http://www.theopalproject.co.uk/tendency.php?source=42

I'm confused.

It works perfectly fine for me... weird... what browser do you use?

Rivendell
16-05-08, 20:55
Firefox. I'll see if it works on IE, although it's always worked on FF for me before! :\

Edit:

Nope, same on IE!

Survival
16-05-08, 20:59
Firefox. I'll see if it works on IE, although it's always worked on FF for me before! :\

Edit:

Nope, same on IE!

Oh I know this problem... unfortunatelly you canīt do anything about it only wait... sometimes it stops and sometimes you canīt visit the site anymore... I recommend to completely scan your computer for spyware.

Rivendell
16-05-08, 20:59
Cheers, I'll do that. :tmb:

Agent 47
17-05-08, 20:12
as expected, Inkworks have announced that for the first time since the 2005 X-Files Connections Trading Card set they will be manufacturing an X-Files I Want To Believe Trading Card Box ready for retail on July 25th

i'm going to per-order

basic composition will be 79 card base set
special insert cards
1random autograph card
1 pieceworks card...

the inserts are to be confirmed but autographs from cast members will be 1:46 packs :D

Survival
18-05-08, 12:01
I must say I really like the poster art... when bigger it looks actually much much better...
http://img178.imagevenue.com/loc26/th_12092_cleanpostermizunoqq8_122_26lo.jpg (http://img178.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=12092_cleanpostermizunoqq8_122_26lo. jpg)

Angelus
20-05-08, 11:20
I haven't had a chance to watch the show, and I don't really want to as I can't order anymore seasons until my PC is fixed. But I will try and finish Season 5 this weekened... I promise. :D

Agent 47
20-05-08, 14:21
did a history search yesterday on that signed card i have

it turns out card A1 Gillian Anderson & card A2 Annabeth Gish are very RARE!! (worldwide)

as are the signed PW-A1 Gillian Anderson & PW-A2 David Duchovny (PW = Pieceworks Card)

i knew the card i have was good, but didn't realise how good :eek: i'm seriously considering selling it solely because of how rare it is :D

Survival
22-05-08, 16:50
OH MY GOD! NEW TRAILER IS SET BEFORE THE HAPPENING! XFN can confirm that the theatrical trailer is indeed different to the online trailer - it has been confirmed by Fox.

New footage in the trailer involves Amanda Peet speaking, Mulder and Scully holding hands and Scully telling Mulder she doesn't want to go monster hunting anymore.

Scully doesn't bring the case to Mulder's attention, Amanda Peet's character does. Peet's character is now the 'Mulder' of the FBI, ridiculed for her beliefs. She asks Mulder for his help because of his belief in this phenomena.

Updated: Source confirmed trailer is set to debut with "The Happening".

Rivendell
22-05-08, 16:51
13th of June then? Sweet! :D

Survival
22-05-08, 16:56
13th of June then? Sweet! :D

Well it should be online sooner :D

Angelus
22-05-08, 22:35
I haven't watched the show in a while, and I tried to watch it on Monday, but couldn't get back into it. I watched one episode of a two parter, and didn't feel compelled to find out what happens next... maybe it's just me... I don't know. I am, however, looking forward to the film and if I've got a spare Ģ10 at the weekend then I'll buy Season 7.

conorcroft2001
22-05-08, 23:25
http://conormcl2004.bebo.com

Have a look at my X-Files: IWTB bebo skin:D

I think it's my best skin yet!

Conor

Survival
23-05-08, 20:19
What do you think is the total "xfiles-seller" episode? Iīm gonna show one episode tommmorow on my night shift because they wanna know something before the movie :jmp:

Rivendell
23-05-08, 20:27
Paperclip. :D

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5352/cap269ox8.jpg

Ooh, or 'Ice'. Or the one with the greenfly things in the forest. :D

Angelus
23-05-08, 20:31
Hm...

Tempus Fugit and Max. They floored me. Or Squeeze.

Ooh, just got an e-mail from play.com telling me that Season 7 has been dispatched. :D

Rivendell
23-05-08, 21:08
I decided I'd combine interests once again with my avatar :D

Angelus
23-05-08, 21:13
I decided I'd combine interests once again with my avatar :D

Lmao! You could have Mulder and Scully pulling at her feet, trying to keep her down. :p

Agent 47
23-05-08, 22:24
http://conormcl2004.bebo.com

Have a look at my X-Files: IWTB bebo skin:D

I think it's my best skin yet!

Conor

nice jittle site, good stuff :D

Andariel
23-05-08, 22:33
Why is Scully so hot? It's like with each episode she became more enchanting. :) I just love her medical background as well. I'm very excited for the next movie.

Survival
24-05-08, 07:12
Talking about Gillian? THIS is hot... in wallpaper version :p
http://img11.imagevenue.com/loc798/th_13157_gillian_anderson_sexy_wallpaper_by_alphac os_122_798lo.jpg (http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13157_gillian_anderson_sexy_wallpape r_by_alphacos_122_798lo.jpg)

Angelus
24-05-08, 07:21
Yum. :cln:

I watched Patient X and The Red and the Black last night, after several attempts to watch them. They weren't that interesting, to be honest.

Rivendell
24-05-08, 08:13
Talking about Gillian? THIS is hot... in wallpaper version :p
http://img11.imagevenue.com/loc798/th_13157_gillian_anderson_sexy_wallpaper_by_alphac os_122_798lo.jpg (http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13157_gillian_anderson_sexy_wallpape r_by_alphacos_122_798lo.jpg)

*Sets to desktop* :cln: :D

Plus Joe - you've got some great episodes over the next season or so!
All Souls
Folie a Deux
The Beginning
Drive
Triangle
Dreamland 1/2
How the Ghosts Stole Christmas
Terms of Endearment
The Rain King
Two Fathers
One Son
Agua Mala
Monday
Arcadia
Trevor
Milagro
Three of a Kind
Field Trip
Biogenesis

.. Whoa, that's actually pretty much all S6, give or take an episode or two!

Survival
24-05-08, 08:39
Yum. :cln:

I watched Patient X and The Red and the Black last night, after several attempts to watch them. They weren't that interesting, to be honest.

Ohh I love Patient X and The Red and the Black :p Especially Scullyīs ordeal in the whole situation... the music at the start of TRaTB is amazing :). But I agree that these two episodes are somewhat "empty"... :)

Although Krycek "biting" Marita was pretty much suprise :D

Angelus
24-05-08, 11:41
Ohh I love Patient X and The Red and the Black :p Especially Scullyīs ordeal in the whole situation... the music at the start of TRaTB is amazing :). But I agree that these two episodes are somewhat "empty"... :)

Although Krycek "biting" Marita was pretty much suprise :D

Their scene was a bit unexpected, to be honest. :p The story of the episode is actually quite good, but not much actually happens. Still got the rest of Season 5, the film and Season 6 left. :D

MrBear
24-05-08, 11:44
You know, if you're losing interest in the show I'd advice you to take a break.. Sometimes you can get fed up with something from an overload, like if you watch a show too often... If that's the case I'd recommend laying X Files off for a short period and then return when you're feeling like it and thus will enjoy it more :) but that's just me..

Angelus
24-05-08, 11:53
You know, if you're losing interest in the show I'd advice you to take a break.. Sometimes you can get fed up with something from an overload, like if you watch a show too often... If that's the case I'd recommend laying X Files off for a short period and then return when you're feeling like it and thus will enjoy it more :) but that's just me..

I haven't watched in maybe a week and a half... just one or two episodes every Saturday night. I think having a break from the show has made me... detached from it.

Survival
24-05-08, 11:54

I agree with you... happened to me with Alias :) I took one month off and enjoyed it much more...:)

MrBear
24-05-08, 12:06
Maybe that's the cause, Mr. Joe, I don't know.. I can only speak from my own experiences.. I know it's true for some of my friends too, and as you can see Survival has tried it as well, but in the end you know yourself better than I do.. Anyway, just wanted to share my view :)

BlackIsle
25-05-08, 23:51
For the past few months, my sister-in-law convinced me to start watching The X-files. She has all the DVDs. I'm just starting season 5 and I love, love, LOVE it.

I realised just how big a fan I had become in so short a time when I was squeeeing with delight at the end of The Post-Modern Prometheus.

Angelus
26-05-08, 15:13
For the past few months, my sister-in-law convinced me to start watching The X-files. She has all the DVDs. I'm just starting season 5 and I love, love, LOVE it.

I realised just how big a fan I had becoe in so short a time when I was squeeeing with delight at the end of The Post-Modern Prometheus.

Wait until you see the film. I've just come back from watching it... wowwwwww.

I posted this in the X Files group, in case anyone missed it:

I've just watched the film, and I'm still in shock. I can't believe how well the show transfers to a film! Absolutely astonishing! The last 5 or 6 episodes of Season 5 are fantastic, and the film is just mind blowing. Bring on Season 6!

Survival
26-05-08, 16:28
Angelus @ Iīm glad you enjoyed the movie ! :)

Ahh Mindīs Eye... I love the last scene of that episode :)

Angelus
26-05-08, 16:37
Angelus @ Iīm glad you enjoyed the movie ! :)

Ahh Mindīs Eye... I love the last scene of that episode :)

The film was great, although I felt that Scully was out of character in the first 10-15 minutes. It was also weird hearing Mulder say 's**t', as they could only say certain words on the show. Anyway, I really enjoyed the film. 'Mind's Eye' was really good. The actress who played Marty played her so well, I was really impressed with her. However, 'The End' was a little disappointing towards the end (no pun intended). The episode was fun to watch and interesting, but I feel that the ending was a little... limp.

Survival
28-05-08, 05:51
http://img101.imagevenue.com/loc429/th_53291_gillian_portrait_cannes_2008_c_122_429lo. jpg (http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc429&image=53291_gillian_portrait_cannes_2008_c_122_429 lo.jpg)http://img108.imagevenue.com/loc1051/th_53293_gillian_portrait_cannes_2008_d_122_1051lo .jpg (http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc1051&image=53293_gillian_portrait_cannes_2008_d_122_105 1lo.jpg)http://img208.imagevenue.com/loc214/th_53294_gillian_portrait_cannes_2008_e_122_214lo. jpg (http://img208.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc214&image=53294_gillian_portrait_cannes_2008_e_122_214 lo.jpg)

More Cannes Gillian! :P

Angelus
28-05-08, 14:21
She looks gorgeous!

Rivendell
29-05-08, 12:03
Joe! You're up to one of my fave episodes - 'Triangle'. :D

Filmed with (I think) 4 continuous and unedited shots. Scully's FBI section is fantastic. I might watch it again myself later!

Angelus
29-05-08, 12:05
Joe! You're up to one of my fave episodes - 'Triangle'. :D

Filmed with (I think) 4 continuous and unedited shots. Scully's FBI section is fantastic. I might watch it again myself later!

Yeah, I've read about that episode. Sounds interesting! Season 7 arrived today with no box... it's really confusing me. It's weird knowing the show was shot in California, because it really shows. I preferred it when the show was dark and gloomy!

Rivendell
29-05-08, 12:06
You learn something new every day. :D I love the whole 'Vancouver' setting that loads of the early series had.
It was great, but I don't think I actively missed it when the show progressed.

I still get the Vancouveryness from Stargate Atlantis! :D

Survival
29-05-08, 15:07
Itīs actually quite refeshing to see some sun and sand :).

Angelus
29-05-08, 20:59
Itīs actually quite refeshing to see some sun and sand :).

Refreshing, but we want some gloom! :p

Lonely Istari
30-05-08, 16:56
Wahhh :( I miss my X Files!

I was getting new ones at home on my DVR every week. And now, since I've moved down here, I've been going 2 weeks almost with no X Files because we are too poor to affor cable/sattelite for now until I finally get a job! :(

Survival
30-05-08, 18:16
Refreshing, but we want some gloom! :p

You wonīt get much in seasons 6 and 7, darkness gloom and depression will have a glorious return in season 8 and itīs the darkest season of the entire series :).

Angelus
30-05-08, 20:44
You wonīt get much in seasons 6 and 7, darkness gloom and depression will have a glorious return in season 8 and itīs the darkest season of the entire series :).

Ooh, cool. I ordered Season 8 this morning! :D

Survival
31-05-08, 07:40
New Trailer will be online in a few days!

The trailer begins with something that looks like a naked body on the snow, it fades in on a house-night time-and there is the priests words "I had a vision of a woman, she is in pain" and some other words about his vision and the woman that I cannot recall now, *sorry had to write them down. Then the 20th Century logo appears. Cut to a shot of Washington D.C., Mulder and Scully come out of the helicopter. Amanda Peet's character appears and says: I called you on this because of your faith(belief) in such cases. Mulder and Scully again coming out of the helicopter and now we see that they land outside the FBI building. Then again Amanda Peet saying: "I am not the most popular woman in the FBI right now".

Cut to Mulder and Scully, the helicopter behind them, and they seem to look at a guy -who I hoped it'd be Skinner- but next frame reveals that it's XZibit's character. Then the whole atmosphere changes and becomes dark, moody and a lot like X-File scary season 4 episodes. The priest continues his rant about his visions and we see a close up of the woman, who in the frame looked like a guy with long hair-like the woman from genderbender-and then we see someone moving in close to her. Cut to Mulder and Scully-as far as I recall- looking at something, like the final scene from the previous trailer, and what they are looking at it's a pack of FBI agents looking for something in the snow, night time, blue lights and red lights everywhere. Cut to the priest saying something about his visions to Mulder and saying: "Do you believe in this kind of things?" Mulder: "Let's just say I want to believe".

Cut to Mulder looking at Scully. Scully looks amazingly beautiful even in the tiny frame. Mulder says: Scully I need you close (translation from the Greek subtitles). Scully looks at him-no subtitles-and then Mulder reaches out and holds her hand. It's not like Pusher-Scully-Mulder hand holding moment. It's not even "I'm holding you so you can come with me and follow me on this", but it was more like, "c'mon Scully, let's do this one last time" kind of holding. Scully doesn't wear the blue doctor robe we saw in the "I need you on this with me" scene but instead the white coat she wears in the hospital/church scene. That's where the holding hands scene is from.

Then Mulder is running down the streets. Then -and I forgot to mention that before- Mulder and Scully are walking in the snow-night time-from the footage that leaked online and we heard the infamous "Skinner" line. Scully turns around to look at him and I think-not sure cause it was so damn tiny-that Mulder had a beard. The subtitle reads: I no longer chase monsters in the dark"!!!The Connolly and the FBI and XZibit, then the woman trying to escape. Then(in somewhat that order as far as I remember): THIS YEAR, Mulder on the ground, unconscious,

TO LEARN THE TRUTH, Connolly: These might be visions from God, Scully, looking so very beautiful with a cross on the wall behind her: It might not be God who sends these, YOU MUST BELIEVE, Mulder entering a room with plastic curtains and someone is chasing him, ugly dude gets on top of Mulder who is unconscious on the snow, Scully hittin' ugly dude's face, naked legs been dragged in the snow, Mulder kneeling in the snow, the FBI team is forming a circle that in the tiny frames looked like the bloody X sign, Peet freakin out and a close up on someone who tried to slice and dice the woman frozen in the ice, Mulder and Scully almost kiss scene, THE X FILES I WANT TO BELIEVE

Angelus
31-05-08, 07:59
Wooooo! Thanks Survival! I don't bother looking for information on The X Files, because Survival has all the answers. :tmb:

Survival
31-05-08, 08:42
:wve:

http://exeterstreet.net/trailer/new/index.html Caps from the trailer ;)

Survival
03-06-08, 08:38
NEW TRAILER ONLINE! *ITīS RUSSIAN THOUGH* YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM HERE:
http://www.kultx.cz/?p=2006
Just right click on the yellow text before the "(11Mb)" ;)

Itīs the same new version as desribed in my earlier post only only with russian dubbing and texts.

Vertigo
03-06-08, 08:43
Russian trailer? :yik:
I love you, Survivor!!! XD *downloading* :D

Survival
03-06-08, 08:51
http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=latest_issue :jmp:

Me want! :jmp:

Vertigo: No prob ;)

Vertigo
03-06-08, 08:54
^^^^David looks.... FAT! :yik: :D

Angelus
03-06-08, 09:02
^^^^David looks.... FAT! :yik: :D

No, just old. :)

Vertigo
03-06-08, 09:03
^^^Maybe maybe :p

Just saw the trailer and it was WOW!!! I`m gonna watch it at least 4 times XD I can`t wait!!! Damn even the end of July :(

Survival
03-06-08, 09:05
New trailer for The X-Files: I Want to Believe is set to debut online this Wednesday, June 4. It will debut at 4:00 P.M. Pacific (7:00 P.M. Eastern) on Yahoo. This is the English version of the Russian trailer leaked earlier today.

Angelus
03-06-08, 09:11
New trailer for The X-Files: I Want to Believe is set to debut online this Wednesday, June 4. It will debut at 4:00 P.M. Pacific (7:00 P.M. Eastern) on Yahoo. This is the English version of the Russian trailer leaked earlier today.

I'm not going to watch it until I've finished watching the series. :D

Rivendell
03-06-08, 09:46
http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=latest_issue :jmp:

Me want! :jmp:

Vertigo: No prob ;)

I'll be getting that then! :D

Survival
03-06-08, 18:49
I'll be getting that then! :D

Argh! I am so jealous! :(

EDIT:
Three new promo pics!

http://img211.imagevenue.com/loc588/th_25790_xfiles2_dakota_03_06_2008_122_588lo.jpg (http://img211.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25790_xfiles2_dakota_03_06_2008_122_ 588lo.jpg)http://img243.imagevenue.com/loc379/th_25797_xfiles2_mulder_03_06_2008_122_379lo.jpg (http://img243.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25797_xfiles2_mulder_03_06_2008_122_ 379lo.jpg)http://img13.imagevenue.com/loc1051/th_25808_xfiles2_scully_03_06_2008_122_1051lo.jpg (http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25808_xfiles2_scully_03_06_2008_122_ 1051lo.jpg)

EDIT2:

Gill is pregnant!
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20203498,00.html

I TOLD YOU! Remember? :D
http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc711/th_39537_gillian_paparazzi_16_05_2008_e_122_711lo. jpg (http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc711&image=39537_gillian_paparazzi_16_05_2008_e_122_711 lo.jpg) http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc938/th_70690_4_122_938lo.jpg (http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc938&image=70690_4_122_938lo.jpg) http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc618/th_70698_5_122_618lo.jpg (http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc618&image=70698_5_122_618lo.jpg)

EDIT:
THE TRAILER IS AVAILABLE ON YAHOO.MOVIES!
http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/X-Files-I-Want-to-Believe/1809953361/trailers/140/939

Rivendell
05-06-08, 06:58
*Jumps up and down like a crazy person*

Now THAT's a trailer! :jmp: :yah: :jmp: :D

bloodstormaoa
05-06-08, 08:16
:jmp: Awesome Trailer! :jmp:

I'm getting so excited now! :D And yay! Gillian's preggers!!!

Survival
06-06-08, 18:08

Revelations revealed! :D

www.xfilesrevelations.com

http://img37.imagevenue.com/loc1142/th_75745_xfilesrevelations_a_122_1142lo.jpg (http://img37.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75745_xfilesrevelations_a_122_1142lo .jpg)http://img211.imagevenue.com/loc33/th_75751_xfilesrevelations_b_122_33lo.jpg (http://img211.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75751_xfilesrevelations_b_122_33lo.j pg)http://img219.imagevenue.com/loc411/th_75752_xfilesrevelations_c_122_411lo.jpg (http://img219.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75752_xfilesrevelations_c_122_411lo. jpg)http://img223.imagevenue.com/loc115/th_75753_xfilesrevelations_d_122_115lo.jpg (http://img223.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75753_xfilesrevelations_d_122_115lo. jpg)

Vertigo
06-06-08, 18:15
*Guess what pic Survivor will make as his wallpaper* :D I`ll take last one XD

ECB
09-06-08, 16:47
I bought the first season about a little over a year ago and I just finished it last week.

I know, I know. That took me forever. I just wasn't really impressed with the series at first, but then about the 5th disc and on, I really started to like it. I then got the first disc of the 2nd Season from Netflix and I watched the first episode and half of the second. It's really good, I'm finally getting into it! haha

Angelus
10-06-08, 08:59
I'm up to the last two episodes of Season 6. This season has been brilliant so far - lots of standalones and bulding on Mulder and Scully's relationship. :tmb:

Rivendell
10-06-08, 20:07
^ Field Trip is a good episode. Good title. ;)

Have you seen the finale yet? :jmp: That's one of my favourite Myth-arc episodes ever! (Along with the first ep of S7.)

I just watched S9's Lord of the Flies episode. Hehe :D

Angelus
10-06-08, 20:16
^ Field Trip is a good episode. Good title. ;)

Have you seen the finale yet? :jmp: That's one of my favourite Myth-arc episodes ever! (Along with the first ep of S7.)

I just watched S9's Lord of the Flies episode. Hehe :D

Nope, not yet. I had a marathon on Saturday night, and I put in Disc 6 at some stupid hour into Sunday morning and fell asleep before the menu even came on. :D I'll probably watch them tonight, and then I've got Season 7 and 8 to watch. :)

Survival
11-06-08, 10:47
Three new promoshots from the second movie!
http://www.kultx.cz/?p=2092

Angelus@Iīm glad you liked the sixth season! Itīs one of my favourite seasons (actually along with season 8 itīs my favourite season!) :D.

Field Trip is amazing episode... the ending is brilliant and tells you exactly what kind of relationship Mulder and Scully has... and no word is spoken! :)

EDIT:

David Duchovny on future X Files movies:
"I know it took me about a year to feel whole after the show was over. After that point I was ready, and it was always my intention, my desire, that the show would continue on in movie form," says Duchovny.

When Wizard asked if this meant he had hopes that there would be a series of X-Files movies, Duchovny continued, "I wouldn't see any reason to do it unless it were. It's a serial show by its nature. The frame and the characters throw off an infinite number of stories and situations, it's a classic, archetypal relationship, with a believer and a nonbeliever, with this kind of unrequited love in the middle of it, and it all works. And that can work forever as long as your stories are good."

Angelus
11-06-08, 14:12
'Field Trip' was fantastic. You think it's going to be a mythology episode, and it turns out to be a standalone! That's how I see it, anyway. The ending is moving. Not one word is spoken, but that gesture showed you that just by holding hands they felt safe with each other. 'Biogenesis' was interesting, and I'm so glad I'm watching the series on DVD because I'd be tearing my hair out at the end of each season! :p

MrBear
11-06-08, 14:35
^ Yeah, I remember re-watching the show and thinking 'how on Earth could I ever survive if I had to wait how many months until the next season began' :D

Survival: thanks for posting! It's good to know Duchovny wouldn't mind another movie, although I never really doubted that.. But it all depends on the guys with the money... :) (*prays* "2012, 2012, 2012!")

krycekuva
11-06-08, 15:07
happened also to me,.. but luckily it was always being re transmitted on other channels on different seasons,.. so i never had a night without x files...:D...

shame i dont have them any more... i would buy every season if they weren't so extremely expensive,...:(

Survival
11-06-08, 17:17
More promo pics... and some of the older ones.

http://img9.imagevenue.com/loc1200/th_04800_chris_carter_directing_122_1200lo.jpg (http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04800_chris_carter_directing_122_120 0lo.jpg)http://img178.imagevenue.com/loc66/th_04805_mulder_122_66lo.jpg (http://img178.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04805_mulder_122_66lo.jpg)http://img225.imagevenue.com/loc591/th_04806_scully_122_591lo.jpg (http://img225.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04806_scully_122_591lo.jpg)http://img176.imagevenue.com/loc203/th_04809_Barn_122_203lo.jpg (http://img176.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04809_Barn_122_203lo.jpg)
http://img177.imagevenue.com/loc161/th_04811_Billy_C2_122_161lo.jpg (http://img177.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04811_Billy_C2_122_161lo.jpg)http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc806/th_04817_Billy_C_122_806lo.jpg (http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04817_Billy_C_122_806lo.jpg)http://img190.imagevenue.com/loc207/th_04823_XZibit_122_207lo.jpg (http://img190.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04823_XZibit_122_207lo.jpg)

Angelus
11-06-08, 19:57
Gillian looks exactly the same, except the hair... obviously. :p

Angelus
13-06-08, 15:28
Ugh, Season 9 is out of stock at play.com. :hea:

I'm going to start Season 7 tonight, by the way.

Rivendell
13-06-08, 16:07
Did you like the S6 finale? :D

Angelus
13-06-08, 16:10
Did you like the S6 finale? :D

'Field Trip' was fantastic. You think it's going to be a mythology episode, and it turns out to be a standalone! That's how I see it, anyway. The ending is moving. Not one word is spoken, but that gesture showed you that just by holding hands they felt safe with each other. 'Biogenesis' was interesting, and I'm so glad I'm watching the series on DVD because I'd be tearing my hair out at the end of each season! :p

I'm having trouble finding Season 9 for a reasonable price! :mad:

Rivendell
13-06-08, 16:12
Good good (about the eps :D).

How's this for S9?
http://ngvi.ebay.co.uk/vi?ngvi&backtoid=3&ppsp=1&li=0&pdp=0&sspagename=WDVW&dsr=1&item=280233788526&backto=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%2Fseason-9-x-files_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300&pass=imseH2Snet8iNl9xXA6%2FkyDAoE0%3D

Angelus
13-06-08, 16:24
Good good (about the eps :D).

How's this for S9?
http://ngvi.ebay.co.uk/vi?ngvi&backtoid=3&ppsp=1&li=0&pdp=0&sspagename=WDVW&dsr=1&item=280233788526&backto=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%2Fseason-9-x-files_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300&pass=imseH2Snet8iNl9xXA6%2FkyDAoE0%3D

I can't spend near on Ģ15 this weekend, with it being Father's Day. I've got Ģ10 that I can spend without dipping into my savings, so the play.com price is ideal. Pity it's out of stock, though.

Angelus
13-06-08, 21:21
I've just read here (http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=68012) that the 'Essentials' DVD will include the Wondercon panel interview. I just hope that's it's included on the I Want To Believe DVD. (My God, that sounds exhilarating!) :jmp:

Angelus
14-06-08, 08:42
1. The Sixth Extinction
2. The Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati

Two stunning episodes! I was in tears at the end. The scene between Mulder and Scully was so moving - I'm getting goosebumps just typing up about it! Definitely a strong start to Season 7.

I've just checked my Season 9 order at play.com, and it's still out of stock. I searched 'The X Files' and the seasons are all now Ģ12.99! Just yesterday it was Ģ9.99, which is when I ordered Season 9. So lucky! :D

Angelus
15-06-08, 09:47
I can remember an episode of the show from when I was younger... Mulder was on some sort of hill with a load of kids, and Samantha ran up to him and hugged him. She explained to him what happened to her or something...? :confused: Anyway, am I right in thinking that the episode 'Closure' is where what I described happens?

Rivendell
15-06-08, 11:48
That's the 'Closure' episode, yep. :tmb: Beautifully haunting music throughout that episode.

Angelus
15-06-08, 11:50
That's the 'Closure' episode, yep. :tmb: Beautifully haunting music throughout that episode.

Thought so, thanks. Although I'm gutted because it's Mulder's last full season, and after seeing them kiss in 'Millenium'... bleugh. I'm going to miss him. :(

Rivendell
15-06-08, 11:54
There's still some great ones without Mulder - S8 in particular has so great ones. :cln:

'This is Not Happening' is still among one of my favourite episodes of anything, ever. The way Gillian acts through it is perfect - the viewer is sucked so totally into Scully's feelings, it's amazingly moving.

Angelus
15-06-08, 12:02
There's still some great ones without Mulder - S8 in particular has so great ones. :cln:

'This is Not Happening' is still among one of my favourite episodes of anything, ever. The way Gillian acts through it is perfect - the viewer is sucked so totally into Scully's feelings, it's amazingly moving.

Gillian is a brilliant actor, though. She made me cry when she told Mulder that Diana was found murdered. In fact, that whole scene is breathtaking.

Mulder: Scully, I was like you once — I didn't know who to trust. Then I... I chose another path... another life, another fate, where I found my sister. The end of my world was unrecognisable and upside down. There was one thing that remained the same. You... were my friend, and you told me the truth. Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant... my touchstone.
Scully: And you are mine.

Just reading it has given me goosebumps.

EDIT: I was almost expecting Buffy to run through the fast rood restaurant in 'Hungry' screaming "Don't eat it! It's people!" :D

Rivendell
15-06-08, 12:12
:D Which episode are you up to now?

Angelus
15-06-08, 12:13
:D Which episode are you up to now?

The Goldberg Variation. Donnie's back next episode!

MrBear
15-06-08, 12:13
Bad Angelus! :smk: don't quadruple post :mad: :p

I've even downloaded that piece of music, it's simply amazing.. I love that Mr. Snow went in a completely different direction for a scene that is so significant for Mulder... Just thinking about the scene sends a bit of chills down my spine..

Survival
15-06-08, 13:04
The Goldberg Variation. Donnie's back next episode!

Oh how I love The Goldberg Variation! Such lighthearted and honest episode :)

Rivendell
15-06-08, 13:15
It's a very clever one too, I seem to remember one bit in someone's apartment when lots of mad things happen in quick succession. :D

Angelus
15-06-08, 14:44
Oh how I love The Goldberg Variation! Such lighthearted and honest episode :)

It's a very clever one too, I seem to remember one bit in someone's apartment when lots of mad things happen in quick succession. :D

I love it when you two recommend episodes! :jmp:

One of my favourite mad scenes would have to be when Scully attacks those nurses! God, I couldn't stop laughing for aaaages! :vlol: And in 'Jose Chung's...' when Mulder finds the body and yelps. "That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.". :vlol:

Angelus
16-06-08, 20:01
8. The Amazing Maleeni
9. Signs And Wonders
10. Sein Und Zeit
11. Closure

'Signs and Wonders' has got to be one of the scariest episodes of The X Files! I am absolutely terrified of snakes, so I was just scared throughout the entire episode. 'Sein Und Zeit' was great, but 'Closure'... wasn't. Mulder waited 27 years to find out what happened to his sister and where she went, but all he got is a hug from a ghost. So I was quite disappointed with that episode. I watched the first 5 minutes of X-Cops before, and it looks really crazy. :p

More people need to start posting in this thread... it's as dead as Samantha Mulder. :p

Rivendell
16-06-08, 20:02
X-Cops is great! :D

First run-through of the X-Files I did, I didn't watch it. I saw the first few minutes and thought - 'Bah, looks crap' - and skipped it.
I watched it properly for the first time a few months ago, and it's pretty cool. :tmb:

First Person Shooter in S7 .. I *LOVE* that episode though! It's just.. silly and cool and different. :D

Angelus
16-06-08, 20:09
X-Cops is great! :D

First run-through of the X-Files I did, I didn't watch it. I saw the first few minutes and thought - 'Bah, looks crap' - and skipped it.
I watched it properly for the first time a few months ago, and it's pretty cool. :tmb:

First Person Shooter in S7 .. I *LOVE* that episode though! It's just.. silly and cool and different. :D

Yeah, it doesn't looks like an episode of The X Files, so I'm not too sure about it yet. Season 7 is great so far - Closure is the only episode I didn't really like.

Survival
17-06-08, 05:13
'Signs and Wonders' has got to be one of the scariest episodes of The X Files! I am absolutely terrified of snakes, so I was just scared throughout the entire episode. 'Sein Und Zeit' was great, but 'Closure'... wasn't. Mulder waited 27 years to find out what happened to his sister and where she went, but all he got is a hug from a ghost. So I was quite disappointed with that episode. I watched the first 5 minutes of X-Cops before, and it looks really crazy. :p

More people need to start posting in this thread... it's as dead as Samantha Mulder. :p

Actually he does find out what happened to her... that hug in the end is just "goodbye" :). I found that episode very touching :). I find it suprising you like season 7 that much.... I like it too but it is by far the worst X Files season :).

*and the winner of "the most "find" words in one post" goes to....* :D

Angelus
17-06-08, 08:50
Actually he does find out what happened to her... that hug in the end is just "goodbye" :). I found that episode very touching :). I find it suprising you like season 7 that much.... I like it too but it is by far the worst X Files season :).

*and the winner of "the most "find" words in one post" goes to....* :D

She just goes missing... then what!? What happened to Annabel? Why are there a bunch of ghost kids standing in a circle, singing? It just felt half arsed to me.

12. X-COPS
13. First Person Shooter

X-Cops - I'm not sure. I liked some aspects of it, but I didn't like it. It was a very, very good idea and very brave, but... I'm not sure.

First Person Shooter - Amazing. :tmb: Silly, over the top, ridiculous, flawed but still 100% hilarious! Loved it.

I'm really liking Season 7.

Survival
17-06-08, 10:10
Youtube videos of unpacking the script...
XbVRTM4F7Bs
... and phone conversation with Frank Spotnitz
REdwbO8IlP4

She just goes missing... then what!? What happened to Annabel? Why are there a bunch of ghost kids standing in a circle, singing? It just felt half arsed to me.

Thereīs plenty of explanations...
The kids are dead... something took them before they were hurt. Annabel was going to be kidnapped from her room but before that couldīve happened she dissapeared. Samantha was going through horrible tests and pain and before they came to get her she dissapeared too. If youīre willing to accept thereīs a force that guides and helps people who were hurt and were going to die this is the one that comes to mind...

Annabel was killed by the santa guy plain and simple, but buried elsewhere. Samatha run away from the hospital or they took her before CSM came for her. The ending means they are both dead but in peace.

The kids in the end are ghosts of children who suffered before they died. Theyīre not singing (that just the music from Moby) but playing. They were all killed/died or dissapeared shortly before they were killed/died. This way the gave Mulder the closure... Samantha was dead and he pretty much found out what happened to her and where she was. They went from a serial killer story to a story about hurt children to a mythology about Samantha and how she was killed/taken. The episode with directorīs commentary is a way to go :).

Angelus
17-06-08, 10:38
Youtube videos of unpacking the script...
XbVRTM4F7Bs
... and phone conversation with Frank Spotnitz
REdwbO8IlP4

Thereīs plenty of explanations...
The kids are dead... something took them before they were hurt. Annabel was going to be kidnapped from her room but before that couldīve happened she dissapeared. Samantha was going through horrible tests and pain and before they came to get her she dissapeared too. If youīre willing to accept thereīs a force that guides and helps people who were hurt and were going to die this is the one that comes to mind...

Annabel was killed by the santa guy plain and simple, but buried elsewhere. Samatha run away from the hospital or they took her before CSM came for her. The ending means they are both dead but in peace.

The kids in the end are ghosts of children who suffered before they died. Theyīre not singing (that just the music from Moby) but playing. They were all killed/died or dissapeared shortly before they were killed/died. This way the gave Mulder the closure... Samantha was dead and he pretty much found out what happened to her and where she was. They went from a serial killer story to a story about hurt children to a mythology about Samantha and how she was killed/taken. The episode with directorīs commentary is a way to go :).

Thanks for explaining, but I just don't buy it. After all the evidence of Samantha being abducted by aliens, after everything Mulder saw and found... it was a very flimsy and lazy way to close such an important issue. I saw the commentary for the episode, but I chose not to listen to it because the episode disappointed me so much.

'First Person Shooter' however... ;)

Rivendell
17-06-08, 10:40
First Person Shooter - Amazing. :tmb: Silly, over the top, ridiculous, flawed but still 100% hilarious! Loved it.

I'm really liking Season 7.

:D I love their outfits, I think they suit them! ;)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4730/fps209zw1.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7803/fps215sr2.jpg

krycekuva
17-06-08, 10:41
i love the one with the cockroaches:D:D:D:D

cops is alos great:D

Angelus
17-06-08, 10:44
:D I love their outfits, I think they suit them! ;)

[IMG]

[IMG

Scully made me laugh so much! She was dismissing FPS games and games in general as stupid, yet she was totally enjoying the pwnage she was inflicting!

Rivendell
17-06-08, 10:48
i love the one with the cockroaches:D:D:D:D

Her name is Bambi.....??

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4822/cap516rc6.jpg

Love that episode!

Survival
17-06-08, 10:51
Her name is Bambi.....??

Love that episode!

Yeah I love the War of Coprophages :D

Mulder: I think you'd better get up here.
Scully: What happened?
Mulder: It appears that cockroaches are mortally attacking people.
Scully: I'm not going to ask you if you just said what I think you just said, because I know it's what you just said.

Mulder: Bambi also has a theory I've come to acro...
Scully: Who?
Mulder: Dr. Berenbaum. Anyway her theory is...
Scully: Her name is Bambi?
Mulder: Yeah. Both her parents were naturalists. Her theory is that UFO's are actually nocturnal insect swarms passing through electrical air fields.
Scully: Her name is Bambi?

Dr. Jeff Eckerle: How do I know you're not a cockroach?
Mulder: I assure you I'm as human as you are, if not more so.

Dr. Bambi Berenbaum: Oh my god.
Mulder: Is it abnormal?
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum: I'll say. He's hung like a club-tail dragonfly.

Scully: Let me guess... Bambi!
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum: Fox told me to wait out here while he checked inside first. Should I come along with you?
Scully: Fox... [nonchalantly showing and charging her big gun] No... This is not a place for an entomologist!

Thanks for explaining, but I just don't buy it. After all the evidence of Samantha being abducted by aliens, after everything Mulder saw and found... it was a very flimsy and lazy way to close such an important issue. I saw the commentary for the episode, but I chose not to listen to it because the episode disappointed me so much.

'First Person Shooter' however... ;)

I understand... I would not like it if the decided that Samantha was killed by the serial killer (like was suggested in Paper Hearts) but in Closure they stayed true to the mythology of her being abducted etc... but I fully understand what your problem with this episode is :).

Angelus
17-06-08, 10:52
Her name is Bambi.....??

[IMG]

Love that episode!

"Who's died now?" :D

I understand... I would not like it if the decided that Samantha was killed by the serial killer (like was suggested in Paper Hearts) but in Closure they stayed true to the mythology of her being abducted etc... but I fully understand what your problem with this episode is :).

That's good. :D But I was expecting... more. Mulder needed an explanation as to what happened, not just clues and a conveniently placed diary. I was looking forward to the episode, only to have Mulder see Samantha in the last 5 minutes of the episode. She hugs him and that's it? I needed more closure.

Excuse the awful pun. :p

EDIT: One thing I did like about X-Cops was that David kept losing it and you can see him mess up his lines and he keeps laughing. When he walks out of the gay couple's house, he walks out of shot and he's laughing, and Gillian puts her head down, starts laughing and quickly walks out of shot.

Survival
17-06-08, 10:57
" I needed more closure.

That was my problem with the episode at first... but it somewhat grew up on me and I like the fact that you have decide what truly happened to her...

But enough of Closure! Youīre soo close to the Requiem! :D.

*I hate hate hate Je Souhaite like I said a hundred pages ago* :vlol:

Angelus
17-06-08, 11:03
That was my problem with the episode at first... but it somewhat grew up on me and I like the fact that you have decide what truly happened to her...

But enough of Closure! Youīre soo close to the Requiem! :D.

*I hate hate hate Je Souhaite like I said a hundred pages ago* :vlol:

Oooh, stop it! You're making me excited! :jmp:

Survival
18-06-08, 05:27

http://www.xfilesnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=385&Itemid=1

FOX has hired a company named Mob Scene to promote the film, and they're putting together a half an hour international special tentatively titled The X-Files: Chasing Monsters Through the Dark. The special will air on July 23rd. It is both a retrospective look at the series and first film as well as a promotion for the new movie, and will feature interviews from fans. Sadly, at this point there are no plans to air it in the US, but interviewees are getting copies and I'm sure someone will upload theirs. I was contacted by Raskolnikov, a very dedicated fan on Big Light, who was emailing fans in California and telling them about this interview opportunity. Like any good X-Phile, I jumped at this chance, and will hopefully be one of those lucky people featured on the special.

The questions the interviewer asked were very basic: "How long have you been a fan?" "Who is your favorite character? "Why do you love this show?" "What is the show's lasting influence on TV/culture?" "What is fandom?" "What are your hopes and expectations for the film?" It was up to the interviewee to come up with fresh, unique answers that transcended the common squees and flails of a fangirl (which, by the way, I happily demonstrated for the camera).

Clearly, the people at Mob Scene have The Best Job EverTM. The interviewer informed me that they had both the full script and the movie itself on the premises, complete in all its glory, except for the music, but he didn't want to watch it until it was totally finished. So I apparently have been within a couple of feet of the almost complete movie. Well, that's as close as anyone not involved in the production will be getting for the next couple of weeks. Another interviewee reported that David Duchovny's publicist is a friend of the organizer of the event, and that David himself sometimes drops in to Mob Scene to chat.

I'm very excited to be a part of The X-Files in some way, even if it just turns out to be a two second clip. As I was leaving the interview, the organizer thanked me for my time and commented upon the fact that we were doing the interviews for free. I laughed and told her that any fan would be more than thrilled to do this for free, because we were doing it for love.

- Tamar Pacht

Angelus
18-06-08, 08:04
Ooh, that sounds interesting. Thanks Survival! :D

I watched these episodes last night:

14. Theef
15. En Ami
16. Chimera
17. All Things

'All Things?' Best. Episode. Ever. Gillian is a fantastic writer and director. The episode was a masterpiece, it really was. I couldn't watch the next episode because I couldn't see how it could possibly stand up next to 'All Things'. Definitely in my list of top five episodes so far, and Season 7 is my favourite season so far. And the teaser.... oh God! Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Love, love, love this show.

And I'm guessing that Mulder and Scully slept together and that's how Scully ends up getting pregnant?

Survival
18-06-08, 08:07
Ooh, that sounds interesting. Thanks Survival! :D

I watched these episodes last night:

'All Things?' Best. Episode. Ever. Gillian is a fantastic writer and director. The episode was a masterpiece, it really was. I couldn't watch the next episode because I couldn't see how it could possibly stand up next to 'All Things'. Definitely in my list of top five episodes so far, and Season 7 is my favourite season so far. And the teaser.... oh God! Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Love, love, love this show.

And I'm guessing that Mulder and Scully slept together and that's how Scully ends up getting pregnant?

Oh my god... I am so happy you enjoyed All Things as much as I did! :jmp:

*high fives Angelus*

And yes they slept together and everything that happened in this episode is preceded by flashback happenings from season 8 "Per Manum" :)

Angelus
18-06-08, 08:13
Oh my god... I am so happy ou enjoyed All Things as much as I did! :jmp:

*high fives Angelus*

It was brilliant! Going into Scully's past, and finding out that she's not so innocent. The scenes with Daniel were beautiful and you could really feel the connection between them. When she rested on him and he flatlined... wow! Intense, much!? And then at the end, when she was with Mulder. I never saw it before, but in this episode it becomes clear that they do in fact love each other... just look at the way Mulder sweeps her hair back and puts the blanket on her - it was so loving. Terrific plot, writing, direction, lighting and acting all around.

:yah:

EDIT: Thought so. Thanks Survival. Ooh, and the next post will be the 1,000th post in this thread! :yah:

Survival
18-06-08, 09:41
Angelus@ just to let you know "Fight Club" happens right after The Amazing Maleeni in the timeline (ie long time before All Things) the episode was switched during initial airing :)... youīll understand when youīll finish watching that episode :).