PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on the whole mess!

Crofty_Tomb
12-01-08, 11:53
eidos had made a bad move! in christmas 2008 every gamer with get a next gen console and upgrade their pc and the x360 is already cheap and next gen consoles get cheaper FAST! eidos is going to lose a lot of money for making this game on wii and ps2 so my tip is to stop that. in the angel of darkness you dont bother to give core more time to go nextgen and you didnt pay them well and even though you knew the game was is a disastrous state you released it fast! underworld is in production for 4 years i dont know if it was slow production because of the quick cash in of anniversary. until christmas will give them a long time to complete the game and polish it more than 10 times. eidos has good titles and get a lot of money but things are worse for them now. tip: sometimes shopping therapy can wait if you care about things aka tomb raider. get things straight cause i dont see a bright future for you.

dont make it for wii and ps2 only next gen machines pc, ps3 and x360

stop shopping therapy and get serious.

tomb raider should be sold but eidos and sci wont do this for sure. i like all tomb raider games, i have my preferences but i think it needs to stop because its embaressing that it has fallen so low. i mean, ps2, nds and wii??????

pc, ps3 and x360 can offer more than nice graphics.

heard of euphoria? this is not possible in old consoles.
http://www.naturalmotion.com/products.htm

in nextgen machines wood reacts like wood, glass like glass, cloth like cloth and a lot more!

heard of cryengine 2? this site has a lot of information worth reading.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryENGINE2

message to eidos, you dont have to listen to forums or anything you can do a lot more by using creativity and common sense. if you want you can make underworld for ps1 or gameboy and anything else you want but think before you do anything.

christmas 2008 no one will wont what you have to offer.

i dont feel sorry for you because it is your fault and you deal with it.

Obscure
12-01-08, 11:55
I'm sick of reading these threads. If Eidos want to put it in for Wii, PS2 and Ds then they can! One measly little thread isn't going to stop them! Just accept it and move on. The more money they make from the Tomb Raider series, the more tomb raiders there will be in the future. So what's everyone problem exactly?

Angelus
12-01-08, 11:55
Ooer.

http://realonomics.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/chill-pill.jpg

Smegzilla
12-01-08, 11:56
NDS is a current-gen handheld. I see no reason why there can't be a version of the game on there. It's definitely not an old console.

Also, it's too late to whine, they've already announced they working on it. Just get used to it and don't buy the older ones if you don't like the thought of them.

Ilie_Fusarau
12-01-08, 11:57
I can assure U that not everybody upgrades their pc every X-mas or buys a new console .

I'm sick of reading these threads. If Eidos want to put it in for Wii, PS2 and Ds then they can! One measly little thread isn't going to stop them! Just accept it and move on. The more money they make from the Tomb Raider series, the more tomb raiders there will be in the future. So what's everyone problem exactly? That was what I was wondering exactly :tmb:

Crofty_Tomb
12-01-08, 12:07
I'm sick of reading these threads. If Eidos want to put it in for Wii, PS2 and Ds then they can! One measly little thread isn't going to stop them! Just accept it and move on. The more money they make from the Tomb Raider series, the more tomb raiders there will be in the future. So what's everyone problem exactly?

did you read my post? it explains why i think they wont get any profit.

Ooer.

http://realonomics.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/chill-pill.jpg

thanks.

iWANEX
12-01-08, 12:08
Why is everyone complaining about this?!? I have a Wii and I'm very happy with it, so this is VERY good news for us Wii players. Technically, it's a new generation console (even though its graphics are not as good as PS3/X360) so I don't understand what the problem is with it, honestly.

I'm a little surprised that they're releasing it for PS2 but I gues it makes sense since there's A LOT of people who still have PS2 and they're not planning on getting a new console any time soon.

Either way:

More Plataforms = More people playing TRU = More copies will be sold = Money for Eidos = Happiness = More TR games in the future.

My 2 cents? Shut up and deal with it. This IS GOOD NEWS, people. GOOD NEWS!!!!

Mr K
12-01-08, 12:12
I don't agree with releasing it for PS2, but I think Wii is a good idea. I don't know why a lot of people consider it previous gen. Wasn't the game cube previous gen with ps2 and xbox? Isn't the Wii the next generation ie an evolution from the game cube?

Maybe someone more enlightened than I can explain :)

Colin125
12-01-08, 12:15
*sigh*

How many more of these types of threads are there going to be. :hea:

Smegzilla
12-01-08, 12:16
I don't agree with releasing it for PS2, but I think Wii is a good idea. I don't know why a lot of people consider it previous gen. Wasn't the game cube previous gen with ps2 and xbox? Isn't the Wii the next generation ie an evolution from the game cube?

Maybe someone more enlightened than I can explain :)

It is a current-gen console. I own one as well as a PS3, I don't see why people have such a big problem with the Wii, it's a great piece of kit.

frodrigues
12-01-08, 12:31
Are you insane, Underworld is in production for 4 years?! :confused: 4 years ago Angel of Darkness was getting released!

Tthe Spirit
12-01-08, 14:35
is it that devastating to release a game on different concoles.

TRL was on next gen (360) and the other.
It did awsome.
Why is it this upsetting.
The next gen. concoles release is eralier than the PS2.
And why would it be different.
The only difference is in graphics and this would be barely noticable.
i mean, is it that different between ps2 and xbox 360.
i dont think so.
even PS3 graphics arent that different.

Actually, releasing it on multiplatforms is good choice.
these are professionals doing their work and no one isn't going to play TRU because it is on different concoles.
I mean who cares.
I wouldnt care even if the engine was still the same one.
POP does these moves and it is a PS2 game so who cares.
it doesnt need this wrath and being so upset.

PS3: some new console more expensive than a home computer and it gives graphics a little bit better than PS2... really why bother.

[Xmas]
12-01-08, 14:41
Agreed, Eidos STOP with this PS2 and Wii crap...:(

laras_2006
12-01-08, 14:43
I don't really like the PS2 thing, but it allows the last gen owners to play a last TR before a true next gen game.

Agent 47
12-01-08, 14:55
given the nature of this thread, i'm now concerned about the release date

i can't speak for the 360/Wii line-up, but TRU is effectively in the thick of it on PS3

i now see reason for the PS2 version,not that i'm against it anyway...i think Eidos have made a good call in that regard

but can TRU compete in sales with Resistance 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Little Big Planet (on PS3, it's regrettable but i say no)

Supernova
12-01-08, 15:10
I don't mind the DS version, and a Wii version is awesome with those controls, but I agree, the PS2 is just way to old by the time it's Christmas 2008.

Quasimodo
12-01-08, 15:12
I don't mind the DS version, and a Wii version is awesome with those controls, but I agree, the PS2 is just way to old by the time it's Christmas 2008.

It'll be really old by 2009 if this news source is accurate:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a69JcWkky9xM
Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- SCi Entertainment Group Plc, the maker of the ``Tomb Raider'' video game, fell the most in more than 18 years in London trading after ending takeover talks with potential suitors and saying it will post a loss in 2008.
SCi tumbled as much as 82.5 pence, or 61 percent, to 52 pence, and traded at 67.5 pence at 11:16 a.m. The decline cut the London-based company's market value to 65.1 million pounds ($127.2 million).
``Management credibility is rock bottom, given heavy use of questionable provisions, failure to achieve release targets, at a time when the market is booming,'' Simon Davies, an analyst at ABN Amro Holding NV, said in a note to investors today. ABN has a ``hold'' rating on the stock.
Ubisoft Entertainment SA made an initial approach last year before ruling itself out in October. The London-based Times reported on Sept. 24 that SCi had received two takeover approaches from Time Warner Inc. and an unidentified Chinese company.
The board ``no longer believes that a sale of the company for the full value is likely to be achieved,'' SCi said yesterday in a statement after markets closed.
Forecast
SCi also said it will post an operating loss in 2008 because of delays to the release of four titles, which include the next Tomb Raider. It now plans to introduce the games in the first half of 2009 and may need additional working capital to maintain operations. SCi has identified the sources of the funds if needed, it said.
``By delaying the release of four titles, they have delayed cash inflow, so to develop new games they've needed to find some more,'' Rob Brent, an analyst at KBC Peel Hunt Plc in London said by telephone. He believes the figure that may be required to be ``in the region of 30 million pounds.'' KBC do not have a rating on the stock and are SCi's house broker.
SCi acquired the Tomb Raider series of games with the purchase of the unprofitable Eidos Plc for 104 million pounds in stock in April 2005.
SCi's net loss was 28.1 million pounds for the 12 months ended June 30, including a charge for credits to retailers. That compared with net income of 13.4 million pounds a year earlier, SCi said Sept. 27. Sales fell 20 percent to 144 million pounds. The stock has lost 86 percent in the past 12 months.
``I definitely think it is more of a target now,'' Brent said. ``Something may happen in the near term as there is clear value in the assets, and it is very cheap right now. New bidders may be interested, while the prior parties may also still want to get involved.''
Calls seeking comment from senior management at SCi were not immediately returned.

amiro1989
12-01-08, 16:16
Are you insane, Underworld is in production for 4 years?! :confused: 4 years ago Angel of Darkness was getting released!

4 Years, are you sure it's not two years?:ton:

PARANOIA
12-01-08, 16:20
It seems Lara Croft is fit to join Duke Nukem among the ranks of vaporware titles.

Supernova
12-01-08, 16:22
^^ I really don't think we have to worry about that just yet lol

amiro1989
12-01-08, 16:23
It'll be really old by 2009 if this news source is accurate:

Well, I always thought that Underworld wouldn't have been finished by the end of 2008... I'm sure it'll be in the first of 2009 though...

littlepenguin
12-01-08, 16:41
4 Years, are you sure it's not two years?:ton:

from trl release date (april 06) to tru release date is about (guessing tru is out dec 08) 2 years and 8 months (or 32 months)