PDA

View Full Version : so how do I connect my pc to the tv?

Dote
13-01-08, 11:16
Hey i would like some help , i want to connect my pc to the tv and i havent got the sockets in my pc for it but i heard it ould be done with some usb thingy does anyone know what that is and how it looks or is called?

MrBear
13-01-08, 11:19
There's not a place for a SCART cable in your TV?? I don't know about the USB thingy, but I wonder how that would work when the most basic thing isn't possible..

DickDan
13-01-08, 11:20
I think you can only do it with flatscreens, i could be wrong tho

Dote
13-01-08, 11:21
There's not a place for a SCART cable in your TV?? I don't know about the USB thingy, but I wonder how that would work when the most basic thing isn't possible..

well i have a scart and a pc out , theres no problme conecting the Tv its a flat u see its the socket in the PC im missing

Dote
13-01-08, 11:22
I think you can only do it with flatscreens, i could be wrong tho

so it is possible with a usbapparatus then since i have a flat screen yeay!

george_croft
13-01-08, 11:22
Do you have a vga connection on your TV ? I think most flat screen TV's have one. :)

Dote
13-01-08, 11:25
Do you have a vga connection on your TV ? I think most flat screen TV's have one. :)

yea i got one of those, i bought it last summer so i think all the major things on the TV are in order

george_croft
13-01-08, 11:28
yea i got one of those, i bought it last summer so i think all the major things on the TV are in order

Just get a VGA to VGA cable and connect it to your PC. That would only cover a solution for the picture though, you still need to get the sound out of your TV via audio cables. Tell me if you need help finding some, and i'll link you if i can.:wve:

Dote
13-01-08, 11:29
Just get a VGA to VGA cable and connect it to your PC. That would only cover a solution for the picture though, you still need to get the sound out of your TV via audio cables. Tell me if you need help finding some, and i'll link you if i can.:wve:

A link would be great thx! i hope ill be able to get it working

george_croft
13-01-08, 11:45
A link would be great thx! i hope ill be able to get it working

Ok, I take it your from Sweden, right ?

As the *******s on siba.se wont let me link to their products i'll just guide you through it:

Get a VGA - VGA cable (easy to find in almost any electronics store)

For the audio:
Go to www.siba.se , and search for phono stift and click the picture that looks like this:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/george_ganno/images5Carticles5C45CSE19175.jpg

Then you'll need to search for Champion 3522 and you'll instantly get this product as a suggestion:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/george_ganno/SE54260.jpg

You'll need to connect those two and then insert one end of the phono stifts into the TV and the stereopropp into the PC. If your TV happens to have a "PC audio in" you'll need two of the later one, and connect the three of them together.

They'll be happy to help you in the store, just ask them and they'll show you everything you'll need. :wve: