PDA

View Full Version : What Were Your Favourite Quotes from Hair Spray?

TombFreak
14-01-08, 03:42
The title says it all.

I love it when Penny's mom starts yelling, " Devil child! devil child! devil child! "

Camera Obscura
14-01-08, 04:02
No offense but this seems like something more suitable for Open Chat. :)

I've never seen the movie by the way so I can't answer your question.

Shark_Blade
14-01-08, 04:14
I've seen it. It's the best movie musical I've ever seen! And that devil child quote was hillarious!
My favorite quote was:

"You see?...You see? If it wasn't for me, you'll be in prison fighting whoores for ciggarettes."

Penny's mom sure's hillarious! :vlol:

TombFreak
14-01-08, 04:30
That one is damn funny! I also like, " Penney, go get the jump rope! " " Mom! not the jump rope! "

Shark_Blade
14-01-08, 04:42
yeah that was funny too. :D

There's so many songs that I love in the movie.At first when I heard Zac Efron sang 'Ladies' Choice' I thought he was miming.Turns out he was singing it out with his own voice, I lvoe the Elvis feel to the song!

On to the funny quote:

Maybelle Motormouth (Queen Latifah): Mrs. Turnblad, are you leaving so soon?
Edna Turnblad (John Travolta) : Of course. I left my iron on.
Maybelle Motormouth: Oh, your iron. Are you sure you don't want a little something to eat? *shows a table full of foods and desserts*
Edna: *hesitates a few seconds and finally gave in* Is that braise? *picks up a cupcake and sits on chair to enjoy the free meals*

TombFreak
14-01-08, 04:51
I like this one too, " Mrs, Turnblade I'm hungry! " Zac ( I know theres more to it but I can't remember ) " Oh your hungry? Come in I'll make you some pork "

kryptonite23
14-01-08, 10:41
That one is damn funny! I also like, " Penney, go get the jump rope! " " Mom! not the jump rope! "

I love that :vlol:

TombFreak
14-01-08, 23:09
Haha! Gotta love this one, " Tracey Turnblahd ( how to pronounced like Travolta ) where have you been?!

Shark_Blade
15-01-08, 02:04
I like this one too, " Mrs, Turnblade I'm hungry! " Zac ( I know theres more to it but I can't remember ) " Oh your hungry? Come in I'll make you some pork "
No,no. It's something like this:

Ding Dong~
Edna: Oh, that'll be her! It's her! *runs to the door* Tracy is that you?

*opens door*

Edna: Oh Link, I thought you'll be Tracy. (lol the way Travolta said makes me laugh)
Link: No, no Mrs Turnblad. *something something* I'm worried about Tracy. I can't sleep, I can't eat,...
Edna: *was listening intently but suddenly snaps in* You can't eat?? Well come on in and worry with us. I'll make you some pork. (LMAO :vlol: that cracks me up. They don't do anything but worry together in the living room)

TombFreak
15-01-08, 04:36
I know, thats a really good movie, my mom saw the original one when she was little. The one with Ricki Lake, and Ricki was in this Hairspray.

Shark_Blade
15-01-08, 06:48
I really want the original Hairspray movie but it's not available in the video shops :( I could do with ebay but I have to wait another week :hea:
Ah well, patience is virtue they said.

I imdb Ricki Lake but found out she's a talent agent in the 2007 Hairspray. Huh? I must have missed her. Where is she in the film?

TombFreak
16-01-08, 03:06
She's in the audience near the end of the movie.

silver_wolf
16-01-08, 03:36
favorite quote? "Credits" seriously, Jonh Travolta singing as a fat woman with man-hands....yeuch....

Quasimodo
16-01-08, 03:38
Penny was on TV and said something like "Hey Mom! I'm a checkerboard Chick!" *kisses dude* *her mum sees it on TV and screams* :vlol:

Chiki Mina
16-01-08, 03:47
I don't remember a damn thing because while watching the movie, I was making fun of it. Not really the movie, but a Pastor-woman I know looks exactly like the character that plays John Travolta. So I was busy making fun of it :p.