PDA

View Full Version : Sexchange

Anthony-German
15-01-08, 19:29
Hello!

What do you think about a sexchange? Would you play TR with a man as character? :)

mfg. Anthony

KurtisLonely
15-01-08, 19:37
Yes, I would, if it would still have the same feeling, sure.

Tomb Raider Master
15-01-08, 19:48
Yes, I would play it, but Tomb Raider = Lara Croft for me.

EDIT: This will be better suited in our General Chat section. Thread moved. :wve:

danitiwa
15-01-08, 20:11
If it were a Kurtis spinn off, for sure.

If it had a TR feel to it. Yes.

But never a Tomb Raider without Lara, it would just not be TR any more.

Legends
15-01-08, 20:13
No, I wouldn't. Tomb Raider is Lara Croft, not anyone else. Male or female, it doesn't matter.

CroftScionGuard
15-01-08, 20:15
No, I wouldn't. Tomb Raider is Lara Croft, not anyone else.
Same here!

MiCkiZ88
15-01-08, 20:15
Meh.. TR needs to have a female lead IMO. I wouldn't mind a new Lead if something drastic happens (again).

Kamnelomo
15-01-08, 20:16
No, I wouldn't. Tomb Raider is Lara Croft, not anyone else. Male or female, it doesn't matter.

Ditto!

jamieoliver22
15-01-08, 20:17
I thought this was going to be a thread asking for advice on a sex change at first... :whi:

We have Indiana Jones for the male adventurer, and Lara Croft as the female :p So leave it be :p

xcrushterx
15-01-08, 20:18
Why would the developers make Lara undergo a sexchange. And more importently - Why would Eidos allow it? TR = Lara. It wouldn't be the same.

Spikey
15-01-08, 20:19
I thought this was going to be a thread asking for advice on a sex change at first... :whi:

Me too, the words "Hello! What do you think about a sexchange?" kinda gave that impression. :vlol:

Well, TR would feel really weird if Lara wasn't the main character anymore...I'd probably still enjoy the game regardless though.

EgyptianSoul
15-01-08, 20:27
Oh. I already hoped this thread was about transgender people, but damn. :D

Bumio
15-01-08, 20:45
same here

NemesisxAngelus
15-01-08, 20:49
If it were a Kurtis spinn off, for sure.

If it had a TR feel to it. Yes.

But never a Tomb Raider without Lara, it would just not be TR any more.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Seriously for one minute I thought this was about "real life" sex change. Edit: damnit, Jamie Oliver beat me to it. :vlol:

Drone
15-01-08, 20:49
I thoguth this thread about something else ...

No TR is Lara and Lara is TR

-DaNnEe..
15-01-08, 20:50
It just wouldn't be Tomb Raider if Lara Croft wasn't init.

Hack
15-01-08, 20:51
I would just play Indiana Jones or Uncharted instead.

Cord_Croft
15-01-08, 20:51
To me i don't think it would have that "tomb raideryness" feeling about it if we were playing as a bloke, so i'm going with no.

:)

ben croft
15-01-08, 20:54
OMG When I first saw thi thread, I had different thoughts of what it would be about. :cln:

Anthony-German
15-01-08, 20:56
I think would you play it, if you know: Lara should be the character, but she never excist! I mean if the character were a men from the first game on

Quasimodo
15-01-08, 20:59
On a similar vein, what you guys think about having a trans-gendered main character in a TR game?

Off-Topic: anyone remember Pat?
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/1-1.jpg

thecentaur
15-01-08, 21:39
at first, i thought the title would be about someone (besides lara) getting a sexchange :vlol:

but i wouldn't enjoy watching a man run around. i would rather keep lara :D

Aurimas
15-01-08, 21:42

ajrich17901
15-01-08, 21:47

Agreed:jmp::tmb:

Evan C.
15-01-08, 21:47
Yes,but if the character is Chris Croker,if it doesn`t i wouldn`t....
OMG,how can you post something like this?? xD

Hack
15-01-08, 21:50
They were going to make Lara a drunk/drug addict in AOD,

Imagine if her breakdown in Egypt had lead her on a quest TO BECOME A NEW MAN :whi:

ajrich17901
15-01-08, 21:56
They were going to make Lara a drunk/drug addict in AOD,

Imagine if her breakdown in Egypt had lead her on a quest TO BECOME A NEW MAN :whi:

How do u figure O.o?

Hack
15-01-08, 22:08
How do u figure O.o?

ooooOOOO, a little birdy flew down on my shoulder and told me that!

or It was in the previews and hype when the game was still only known as Tomb Raider: Next Generation.

Rivendell
15-01-08, 22:12
In situations like this I think to myself back over previous levels of TR.

Lost Valley. St Francis Folly.
Temple of Xian.
Temple Ruins.
Great Pyramid.
Hall of Seasons.

If I were to go back and play them all as Larry Boft, the game would still be TR. No matter who I control, the environments and level design to me are more important than the one we control.
I only use Lara to get from A to B. I look around and explore through her - so I think, what would the difference be if she were a male or a female?

None to me.
She's the avatar. I'm the player.

:wve:

silver_wolf
15-01-08, 22:15
I wouldn't like the game as much if they got rid of Lara, it just wouldn't be TR. I would, however, play a Kurtis survival-horror spin off.

Capt. Murphy
15-01-08, 22:25
Lara trading in her melons for a couple grapes and a twig? Nah. I don't think so.

Paperdoll
15-01-08, 22:28
^:vlol:

On-topic: dunno really :X

Hack
15-01-08, 22:30

Temple of Xian.
Temple Ruins.
Great Pyramid.
Hall of Seasons.

If I were to go back and play them all as Larry Boft, the game would still be TR. No matter who I control, the environments and level design to me are more important than the one we control.
I only use Lara to get from A to B. I look around and explore through her - so I think, what would the difference be if she were a male or a female?

None to me.

I think the emotional impact of controlling and protecting Lara feels different to controlling a male character. Gameplay wise it would be the same game, but It just wouldn't feel the same.

Eddie Haskell
15-01-08, 22:57

Temple of Xian.
Temple Ruins.
Great Pyramid.
Hall of Seasons.

None to me.

Well said. Couldn't have stated it any better. :tmb:

Ward Dragon
15-01-08, 23:34
I'm with Rivendell and Eddie Haskell on this one. I've played plenty of games with male and female characters and it doesn't make a difference to me as long as the level design and gameplay are good. I'm not against the general principle of having another playable character in TR.

On the other hand, I don't think I'd like it if Lara herself got a sex-change operation because she seems perfectly happy with her body so it would be out of character for her.

As for playing as a trans-gendered character, I don't see how that would come up in a normal game. I mean, the character's sex is obvious due to physical characteristics, but how would I know or care if the character was "born" that way? :p The only way it would possibly come up is if it was part of the story, in which case I don't think I'd be interested in a personal story like that.

SamReeves
15-01-08, 23:40
I would just play Indiana Jones or Uncharted instead.

Exactly. Gender is what keeps Lara Croft and Indiana Jones seperated.

Otherwise a male Tomb Raider would be just a rip off from Indiana Jones.

Shark_Blade
16-01-08, 00:59
I wouldn't mind. It's the game experience that matters the most. :)

Mikel Croft
16-01-08, 01:00

yep.

Tinytacohead
18-01-08, 13:41
...We have Indiana Jones for the male adventurer, and Lara Croft as the female :p So leave it be :p

Ditto, and like everybody else said.. it wouldn't be TR without Lara! For the real question though, yes, I'd be into a TR like game with a male character, as long as it was fun and felt right. They couldn't title it Tomb Raider though. What they oughta do at some point is make an online version where two people can team together on their adventures, making one character male and the other Lara. I've had that idea since online gaming went mainstream. :)

Endow
18-01-08, 15:02
I wouldn't care AT ALL. For me Tomb Raider is not Lara Croft.

I mean, how could it be : we've seen so many different Laras anyways...

Rexie
18-01-08, 15:06
unless it's not Kurtwit :pi:

Beanz
18-01-08, 16:07

Ditto :)

silver_wolf
18-01-08, 16:29
On a similar vein, what you guys think about having a trans-gendered main character in a TR game?

Off-Topic: anyone remember Pat?
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/1-1.jpg
why???

Obscure
18-01-08, 16:39
Lmao. I can imagine in Underworld Lara walks in with a beard and you start in her manor.

"Welcome back to my humble abode. Things have changed a bit since 2006. I am now named Liam Croft"

She turns around to show she has no boobs and a big ass beard and huge muscles bulging from her arms.

tomblover
18-01-08, 16:42
Lara Croft IS Tomb Raider, as much as Tomb Raider IS Lara Croft. It's not Tomb Raider with Lara Croft or vice versa.

ROTFLMFAO, I thought it was about you doing a sex change when I first opened the thread. :yik: :vlol:

PoetOfTheLife
18-01-08, 16:57
Tomb Raider=Lara Croft.I don't want a male character in TR who we play with him.

EgyptianSoul
18-01-08, 17:18
Lara Croft made history for being the first solo female heroine. She's the queen of all game women. Tomb Raider= Lara Croft. Besides, a male "Tomb Raider" has already been created, Drake. Unfortunately. And by the way, the character that became Lara was originally a man. I love to bring that up. :D

Mona Sax
18-01-08, 17:21
The adventure is more important, I just need a main character I can identify with. I'd rather play as a tough, Indy-like guy than as Legend Lara.

Hack
18-01-08, 17:24
The adventure is more important, I just need a main character I can identify with. I'd rather play as a tough, Indy-like guy than as Legend Lara.

Old Lara was tough :)

Mona Sax
18-01-08, 17:25
Yup. Why do you think I'm here? :D

Endow
18-01-08, 17:52
Old Lara was tough :)

Who exactly is old Lara?

Rexie
18-01-08, 17:57
Who exactly is old Lara?

the Lara that we miss...*cough*Lara from the classics*cough*