PDA

View Full Version : A Quiz About Japan (+General culture discussion)

Reggie
15-01-08, 22:09
I need you guys to help me and my friend in Japan (Mai) out.
She's doing a presentation about what the image of Japan is like outside of the country and she's asked me give some input. So I thought why not ask you guys too? (the larger the sample of info you get, the better after all :))

So you if you could just answer the following questions that would be great though you're all free to discuss Japanese culture in general between yourselves too.

So here goes...

==================================================
Name a...

1. Traditional aspect of Japan
2. Modern aspect of Japan
3. Japanese Food
4. Famous Japanese Person

Thanks! :wve:

xcrushterx
15-01-08, 22:13
1. The kimono style of Clothing and the sliding doors. (Did I spell Kimono right?)
2. Umm, they have the fastest train the the world.
3. Sushi :cln:
4. I don't know any names. :o

:)

gtkilla
15-01-08, 22:17
1) Eating on the floor
2) Sex Hotels
3) Sushi
4) Utada Hikaru <3

:p

EDIT: ^ Wait, she was born in New York. <3 <3 Ayumi Hamasaki, then. :p

Reggie
15-01-08, 22:19
Samurai
The Shinkansen
3. Japanese Food
Tempura
4. Japanese Person
Hideo Kojima

Bumio
15-01-08, 22:23
1. Traditional aspect of Japan - their amazing art like painting, calligraphy. i love the style and lightness of the work. also their way in clothing. Kimono is amazing, the colors of it are a clear sign of unique culture and traditions. same about arts :)
2. Modern aspect of Japan - the new style in art. manga and anime. i love the way they have created and presented this style, because it is popular not only between young people, but also between old people as well. also Japanese music is unique in its own way :tmb:
3. Japanese Food - dont know too much about the food. all i know that suhi is popular there. also rices and soups ;)
4. Japanese Person - always smiling, optimistic and friendly. also always finding harmony with everything and everyone around him/her ;)

god, i write too much :p

Earthcane
15-01-08, 22:34
1: Trad. Aspect: Japanese Gardens

2: Mod. Aspect: Anime and Manga

3: Food: Botamochi

4: Person: Hayao Myazaki

Reggie
15-01-08, 22:39
4. Japanese Person - always smiling, optimistic and friendly. also always finding harmony with everything and everyone around him/her ;)

god, i write too much :p

Nah, I like reading long posts. They've got something to'em usually. :tmb:
As does yours I wasn't expecting a comment on what one may perceive to be general attitude of Japanese people but what you say about Japanese people being in harmony with everything/everyone. I think there's something to that. I'd also venture that they're usually hard working people - that's why the economy practically rose from ashes following WW2. Given the education system and the literacy rate I'd say that still holds up somewhat.

(I meant for you to name a famous person for no.4 though :))

Paperdoll
15-01-08, 22:41
Name a...

3. Japanese Food
4. Japanese Person

1. Geishas (first thing I could think of), oh well... a few more. Samurais, seppuku (spelling? X_X)
2. Pantie vending machines!!! :D Nah XD manga really, would be a general answer IMO. On a more taste-like level, horror movies.
3. Dumplings X_X yeah still thinking horror movies there XD the obvious choice is sushi, never had japanese cooking so dunno really
4. Junji Ito. My favourite manga artist.

thecentaur
15-01-08, 22:43
I need you guys to help me and my friend in Japan (Mai) out.
She's doing a presentation about what the image of Japan is like outside of the country and she's asked me give some input. So I thought why not ask you guys too? (the larger the sample of info you get, the better after all :))

So you if you could just answer the following questions that would be great though you're all free to discuss Japanese culture in general between yourselves too.

So here goes...

Name a...

3. Japanese Food
4. Famous Japanese Person

1. Something about eating on the floor
2. ????
3. Unagi (eel)
4. General Tojo (rather infamous)

Vertigo
15-01-08, 22:44
1. Paper walls
2. Harajuku - the main fashion street
3. Sushi n noodles, miso soup
4. Takeshi Kitano - the greatest director in the country

Hack
15-01-08, 22:46
1- Ninjas
2- Robots
3- Sake (Okay thats a drink, but I think it should be counted)
4 - Maasaki Hatsumi

Earthcane
15-01-08, 22:49
1. Something about eating on the floor
2. ????
3. Unagi (eel)
4. General Tojo (rather infamous)
Nope, Unagi is actually is state of semi-conscious awareness of danger.....

:whi:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1409611278720464959&q=Friends+Unagi&total=43&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

BtoFu
15-01-08, 23:07
1. Kumi-Daiko
2. Shinkansen
3. Tempura
4. Aoi Sora :cln:

mizuno_suisei
16-01-08, 14:46
1. 着物、姫路城、広島、
2.新幹線、アニメと漫画、電気。
3.すし、おみやげ、てんぷら、テリヤキ、とり、
4.浜崎歩、直子武内

Bumio
16-01-08, 15:11
(I meant for you to name a famous person for no.4 though :))

he he :p i dont know too much about famous ppl, but i do know Ryo Kawakita from Maximum the hormone ;) great vocalist :tmb: