PDA

View Full Version : NEW Macbook AIR ! What do you think ?!

_Lam
16-01-08, 03:39
You got to check out this new Apple commercial. It show their new product, the Macbook AIR. So thin that it fit in an enveloppe !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX7FjRSX9QQ

Seriously, Apple keep impressing me again and again. All there product and commercial are so sweet, well done, usefull and simple.

A lot of person think that the Mac are ****ty but I really don't share that opinion, of course, if you are a huge gamer, those computer are not for you, it's more a computer for work. My father bought the IMac in October and it is so crazy all the small gadget that this computer have, all this without these hundred of cable.

silver_wolf
16-01-08, 03:40
maybe Mac should make it so games can be played on their computers, along with pretty much everything else. I'm sure they could make a fortune off a gaming computer.

Quasimodo
16-01-08, 03:41
I'm only familiar with PC (last time I used a Mac was several years ago), but this latest gizmo from Apple is definitely impressive :tmb: Aren't there cooling issues with something that compact, though?

star-dust
16-01-08, 03:48
Ach, I want one.

SamReeves
16-01-08, 04:08
maybe Mac should make it so games can be played on their computers, along with pretty much everything else. I'm sure they could make a fortune off a gaming computer.

They already are gaming towers of sorts with the Mac Pro's. They recently switched the Mac Pro's to the 8-core Intel processor with a max speed of 3.2 GHz. Load your Windows with Boot Camp and you're off.

You got to check out this new Apple commercial. It show their new product, the Macbook AIR. So thin that it fit in an enveloppe !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX7FjRSX9QQ

Seriously, Apple keep impressing me again and again. All there product and commercial are so sweet, well done, usefull and simple.

A lot of person think that the Mac are ****ty but I really don't share that opinion, of course, if you are a huge gamer, those computer are not for you, it's more a computer for work. My father bought the IMac in October and it is so crazy all the small gadget that this computer have, all this without these hundred of cable.

The MacBooks are catching up quickly. The MacBook Pro's can run most Windoze games. The Air though is an amazing design, but pretty pricey. I'll stick with my iBook clamshell for the time being! :D

Mikel Croft
16-01-08, 04:10
Mono speaker, 1 usb port, no firewire, ethernet, or optical drive, 80 gb HD, 1.6 GHz processor... all for only hundreds more than the price of the better, faster, more equipped macbook. :tmb:

seriously, wtf? they must be smoking something.

It's cute, but doesn't pack much, and isn't worth the hefty price tag, imo.

Chris.Talg0
16-01-08, 04:18
i will probably brake easily since its so small! :D

TombFreak
16-01-08, 04:24
Apple E-mailed me about this, I forwared it to my mom. And she , " yeah!, I'll go one right now! "

Necromanser
16-01-08, 06:19
They already are gaming towers of sorts with the Mac Pro's. They recently switched the Mac Pro's to the 8-core Intel processor with a max speed of 3.2 GHz. Load your Windows with Boot Camp and you're off.

The MacBooks are catching up quickly. The MacBook Pro's can run most Windoze games. The Air though is an amazing design, but pretty pricey. I'll stick with my iBook clamshell for the time being! :D
I'm thinking of asking for one.I tried it out a bit and loved it.It's fast and the design is really nice.

Lenochka
16-01-08, 06:25
Wow... your cat sits on it and it breaks in half!
Thing is way to damn thin, i would be to scared to use it.

Cochrane
16-01-08, 06:35
It's a nice computer, but the price/performance ratio is not enough for me. I'm going to buy me a MacBook Pro instead.

But I have to say, even though I actually need an optical disc drive, a large hard disc, a good graphic card and more than one USB port, I was seriously thinking about this for a while, because if you see how small it is, it looks really neat.

Benguitar
16-01-08, 10:21

Well it is hard to find any good games on Macs also that is exactly what this Mac is made for, "Not for games" quote "Almost every thing on this computer is wireless, because in a next-gen wireless world you don't need a CD drive."

Actually I find my self using it less and less. All I use it for is School and communication with PC's.... :pi:

I think it is a very interesting laptop, Although I just got my MacBook this past July and I will get another Mac when this one dies or when I NEED to get a new one.

Also the only way to "backup" that MacBook is by wireless backup, no fire-wire input watch the guided tour, There is a Headphone jack, 1 USB input and one other input and the charger input.

I may get one in the future but I think I will get the next gen one after this gets old...

myrmaad
16-01-08, 10:40
I had a tiny little gateway for a several years, and the "tiny factor" is quite an attraction, but meh.

I'm used to IBM and when I used to use macs back in the early 90s at work, I found them annoying and weird. Made stupid noises, I know this is all stuff that has gone by the wayside and totally different now, but I just can't get over it.

One thing that was impressive is how the mac used fonts even back then though. Why can't windows work with fonts as well?

EscondeR
16-01-08, 10:45
I assume it's not worth price announced. If you want a thin Mac just wait till price drops :)

DickDan
16-01-08, 10:48
Man that thing is too small for my massive hands. I put on hand gently on the notebook and BAMN it's a 1000 tiny expensive peices. It'll proberly be over prised aswell by a couple of 100, so not worth it in my opinion, big hangs + worlds most fagile note book = bad. Hell i'd proberly damage it just by typing something 0_o

michaeldt
16-01-08, 11:25

macs can play games :)
even tomb raider is available to mac

_Lam
16-01-08, 13:02
Yeah it's small. But do you remember when the first Nano came out, everyone thought it could break easily... My nano (I got the first generation) never broke. ;)

Rexie
16-01-08, 13:56
*shows it to her mom*
I want one...but i'll never get one

James Burgon
16-01-08, 14:02
I just bought a 1500+ iMac in november for music and now i want a laptop for lazing about in bed and recording-on-the-go.

Then Apple go and insult me by showing me the macbook air and making me drool.
Although the seperate CD drive is stupid. I'd rather have a bit bigger laptop with a CD drive in, so i'm gonna opt for a cheap macbook on ebay or something.