PDA

View Full Version : www.ipowerweb.com - absolutely the worst hosting provider I have ever dealt with!

tlr online
16-01-08, 11:59
My experience with www.ipowerweb.com

I have finally had enough with the absolute joke that is iPowerweb. I first used their hosting platform a year ago for our U.S. download server. Immediately after signing up, I was told I'd need to upgrade my account to Professional Plus-something-or-other and was asked for more money, despite an initial salesperson informing me that my original plan would more than cater for our requirements.

12 horrible months down the line, our entire download server (a feature iPowerweb.com initially said they could support) has been deleted on three separate occasions, resulting in the deletion of 30Gb of media each time. Their support is a comedy act in its own right, with emails being ignored, support staff blatantly lying (saying they will rectify a problem and then never doing so) and numerous occasions where you wait for over an hour to speak to someone.

Our www.ipowerweb.com hell culminated last night with the migration of our hosting solution onto a new platform. This migration spectacularly failed, resulting in yet more deleted media. To add insult to injury, the actual service from the UK is unreliable and slow with requests being frequently terminated.

In my 16 years online experience, ipowerweb.com is the worst hosting provider I have ever dealt with.

There may be some interruption in our media delivery while we transition from old network provider to brand new network provider. I apologise for the inconvenience. At least you know why.

Our magazine and forum are not effected. They are hosted on our London server.

James_Rutland
16-01-08, 12:01
My experience with www.ipowerweb.com

I have finally had enough with the absolute joke that is iPowerweb. I first used their hosting platform a year ago for our U.S. download server. Immediately after signing up, I was told I'd need to upgrade my account to Professional Plus-something-or-other and was asked for more money, despite an initial salesperson informing me that my original plan would more than cater for our requirements.

12 horrible months down the line, our entire download server (a feature iPowerweb.com initially said they could support) has been deleted on three separate occasions, resulting in the deletion of 30Gb of media each time. Their support is a comedy act in its own right, with emails being ignored, support staff blatantly lying (saying they will rectify a problem and then never doing so) and numerous occasions where you wait for over an hour to speak to someone.

Our www.ipowerweb.com hell culminated last night with the migration of our hosting solution onto a new platform. This migration spectacularly failed, resulting in yet more deleted media. To add insult to injury, the actual service from the UK is unreliable and slow with requests being frequently terminated.

In my 16 years online experience, ipowerweb.com is the worst hosting provider I have ever dealt with.

There may be some interruption in our media delivery while we transition from old network provider to brand new network provider. I apologise for the inconvenience. At least you know why.

That sucks, :( But still, patience is a virtue. :) Hope everything turns out alright.

Necromanser
16-01-08, 12:03
So that's why the downloading was a bit of a problem.

nick-xx
16-01-08, 12:08
Yeah that suck...errrr.

Reggie
16-01-08, 12:11
Thanks for letting us know. Its always worth knowing which are the bad'uns.
Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with their service like that too.

tlr online
17-01-08, 06:38
http://hostjury.com/blog/view/90/escape-from-ipowerweb-how-to-leave-ipowerweb

An outstanding guide on how to cancel your www.ipowerweb.com account and have all credit card and account information removed in 2 minutes. Works a treat! :tmb:

Conway
17-01-08, 08:17

An outstanding guide on how to cancel your www.ipowerweb.com account and have all credit card and account information removed in 2 minutes. Works a treat! :tmb:
LOL, funny how there's actually a guide to do that. :ohn:

viper456
17-01-08, 09:55

Lol says alot about the service doesn't it. :vlol:

Sir Croft
18-01-08, 07:13
lol
The hosting server must suck! There's even a GUIDE on How to Leave iPowerWeb! :vlol:

THANK YOU!

Currently in the proccess of leaving ipower-hell right now, thanks to your guide.

Justin, is that you? :p

Little-Lara
18-01-08, 07:50
Awww, well I'm glad it's all over now. Hopefully your next provider will keep all their words. :)

tlr online
18-01-08, 07:53
lol
The hosting server must suck! There's even a GUIDE on How to Leave iPowerWeb! :vlol:

Justin, is that you? :p

Yeah. That guide helped me a lot!