PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Videos being deleted!

mizuno_suisei
16-01-08, 13:31
Hi guys.

I'm quite shocked, My Tomb Raider Fan Video/Music Video of Lara singing Jewel-By Ayumi Hamasaki has been deleted for copyright infringement. I mean, there are a million other videos out there using this song AND other songs. I think it's kind of stupid because for one, All music video's are promotional, lets say my Video

"Oh, wow this song sounds cool, I might buy the CD!"
OR
"Oh wow that game footage looks really fun, I might buy that game!"

I think it's so stupid, and the fact we are putting references to what's used in the video :(

Anyone had any of this happen recently?

Zac,

nick-xx
16-01-08, 13:34
i dont have but i know this is quite ****ed but anyway they will just get deleted only if anyone has requested it or the own youtube staff has spotted it.

Quasimodo
16-01-08, 13:36
It's a little silly for music people to worry about losing money over youtube - one would have to keep going back to the site to hear a less-than-perfect version of the original audio file, but if they wanted to rip the song to their MP3 player? They'd have to record the sound by holding a microphone to their computer speakers, which *really* brings down the sound quality.

Rexie
16-01-08, 13:41
*goes to her hotmail paige to check any messages from YouTube*
nope...
but it happenned to few people I know because some idiots flagged their videos because they don't like the game/artist of the song/video....

Legend of Lara
16-01-08, 13:50
Hasn't happened to me. I hope they don't remove my 8-second Sonic clip for "copyright infringement", although that sounds like something YT would do... :rolleyes:

nick-xx
16-01-08, 14:00
It's a little silly for music people to worry about losing money over youtube - one would have to keep going back to the site to hear a less-than-perfect version of the original audio file, but if they wanted to rip the song to their MP3 player? They'd have to record the sound by holding a microphone to their computer speakers, which *really* brings down the sound quality.

Not really there is others ways to record it and ppl can download their videos to the pc..

Capt. Murphy
16-01-08, 14:30
...but if they wanted to rip the song to their MP3 player? They'd have to record the sound by holding a microphone to their computer speakers...

Set your recording props to record from wave, not mic. :p

mizuno_suisei
16-01-08, 14:56
Or just use the Cache Method to save videos.. No I shouldnt encourage downloading youtube videos. It's bad! :rolleyes:

Capt. Murphy
16-01-08, 15:05
There's also a youtube vid converter, someplace.

Titanium
16-01-08, 15:20
Well its easy to get music off youtube, some websites take the audio out of the video and allow you to just download the MP3. The quality wouldnt be as good as a proper downloaded MP3 but it can still be used. But you know some people dont want their music that can be downloaded for free.

Edit: But some bands dont mind their music being on there, some bands have their own youtube to promote their music.

Cochrane
16-01-08, 15:21
Well, legally speaking, it's YouTube's duty to remove videos that infringe copyright, and using someone's song without an explicit permission is copyright infringement. There isn't much wiggle room there.

Obscure
16-01-08, 15:24
My two TR videos are still up...

SamReeves
16-01-08, 16:46
Well, legally speaking, it's YouTube's duty to remove videos that infringe copyright, and using someone's song without an explicit permission is copyright infringement. There isn't much wiggle room there.

Unfortunately that's 99% of youtube at the moment. I guess the base their deletion on the most likely lawsuit.