Rivendell
16-01-08, 17:45
http://i13.************/7ygwegw.jpg

Starts:
Tonight
January 16th
9pm on BBC 2

S2: Episode 1

Captain Jack returns, as the Torchwood team reunite to fight a rogue Time Agent. The mysterious Captain John Hart is determined to wreak havoc, and needs to find something hidden on Earth. But with Gwen's life in danger, and cluster bombs scattered across the city, whose side is Jack on?

nG7R0AEG6cw

Anyone else mega excited?
I've missed it so much since S1 back in 2006!
:jmp:

jamieoliver22
16-01-08, 17:46
Wooo :D My mum told me earlier that it would be on tonight, woo :D

trtrailerman
16-01-08, 17:48
yey, I think you already knew I was "mega excited" hehe. Torchwood rocks :D

Spikey
16-01-08, 17:50
*also mega excited* :jmp:

I've been waiting for this to come back for ages! :D

Angelus
16-01-08, 17:53
James Marsters kisses John Barrowman.

Grr. :mad:

Earthcane
16-01-08, 17:59
^ James Marsters?

:yik::yik::yik:

Angelus
16-01-08, 18:21
^ James Marsters?

:yik::yik::yik:

Mmhm.. he's a bisexual Time something person, who just happens to be an old flame of John Barrowman. :)

xcrushterx
16-01-08, 18:24
Never really watched this, but it looks awesome! :D Might put some time aside for it. :)
Mmhm.. he's a bisexual Time something person, who just happens to be an old flame of John Barrowman. :)
Spike? Wow, I always thought that with all the...Buffy stuff he'd be straight, but I suppose that's why it's bi, lol. :D

Nausinous
16-01-08, 18:25

I am so jealous of John Barrowman. He well doesn't deserve to be kissed my James Marsters!

I am so excited about this! Can't wait for 9 o'clock :D

Edit: James Marsters as in SPIKE from Buffy? :eek:

xcrushterx
16-01-08, 18:27
Edit: James Marsters as in SPIKE from Buffy? :eek:
He is indeed. :)

Trigger_happy
16-01-08, 18:30
I'm gonna watch it, but only to see how bad it gets...

Earthcane
16-01-08, 18:30
Hmmm, Jimmy marsters:

Spike, Brainiac, and now a villain (?) in Torchwwod.
Can this guy get any better?? :jmp:

Angelus
16-01-08, 18:51
He's not bisexual in real life, by the way. :p

Can't stand Spike in later seasons of Buffy, and especially Angel Season 5.

Earthcane
16-01-08, 18:54
^ Ummm, but is'nt Spike not the saviour of all mankind and stuff?

Ever see Chosen?? :p

Also, Offtopic: I have to say I despise Angel!! :o

He's cool as Angelus, tho :tmb:

Angelus
16-01-08, 18:55
^ Ummm, but is'nt Spike not the saviour of all mankind and stuff?

Ever see Chosen?? :p

Did you really have to ask me that? :p

His character was toooootally ruined... but ssh. This is a Torchwood thread! :x

Earthcane
16-01-08, 18:57
Yeah, I saw most of Season One.

The episode set out in the British countryside was too much like
the Texas Chainsaw massacre or something.
What was the name of it?

Rivendell
16-01-08, 19:06
Countrycide? That was a great episode! :D Very tense :tmb:

Can't wait to see Martha in Torchwood either!

trtrailerman
16-01-08, 19:09
Countrycide? That was a great episode! :D Very tense :tmb:

Can't wait to see Martha in Torchwood either!

oh yh that was brilliant, I also liked "ghost machine"

Earthcane
16-01-08, 19:32
I like the way Torchwood is set in Wales, opposed to Dr. Who
which is set mostly in England.

Ghost Mahine? Must've missed that'un.

Angelus
16-01-08, 19:37
I like the way Torchwood is set in Wales, opposed to Dr. Who
which is set mostly in England.

Ghost Mahine? Must've missed that'un.

Quite a bit of Doctor Who is in Cardiff, isn't it?

Rivendell
16-01-08, 20:14
Quite a bit of Doctor Who is in Cardiff, isn't it?

Yeah, occasionally. It's usually filmed all in cardiff too.
Russell T Davies, Doctor Who and Torchwood are doing wonders for the Welsh TV industry! :D

lararoxs
16-01-08, 20:18
Im Mega- excited!:D i loved series 1! I cant wait!:D

I'm gonna watch it, but only to see how bad it gets...

Dont knock Torchwood!:mad::tea::D

Rivendell
16-01-08, 21:51
Wicked episode!

James Marsters was fantastic, I'm glad he's coming back into it! :D

trtrailerman
16-01-08, 21:52
Wicked episode!

yh it did totally rock, the preview looks amazing aswell, cant wait :jmp:.

jamieoliver22
16-01-08, 21:55
Woo, ace episode :D Can't wait until the next one :D

Angelus
16-01-08, 21:57
Well, that was toe curling stuff. :o

lararoxs
16-01-08, 22:01
Wicked episode!

That was fantastic!:D I loved it!:)ditto! James Marsters was amazing! Im away skiing next week so i have to wait untill i get back on the 26th to watch it:(...
But on the bright side i only have to wait 4 days for the next episode!:D

Hurrah4Lara
16-01-08, 22:38
Torchwood is back! Yeah! :jmp:

There were some good lines, weren't there? I consider myself as in the target audience, but I am not 100% clear about the adult thema though.

H4L:wve:

Nausinous
16-01-08, 23:08
Wow, what an episode! Jame's Mastars really pulled his character off and the episode was quite good for a first one. Can't wait for the next one :jmp:

petujaymz
17-01-08, 18:48
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

It still makes me laugh how Cardiff is being portrayed as a sprawling metropolis. The city centre's no bigger than a pin head. Seriously; you can walk from one side to the other in less than five minutes.

Anyway...

Captain Jack's a bit of a tart isn't he. I suppose that's an inevitable side effect of being immortal.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed the show. I'm just sayin' stuff.

:wve:

Rivendell
23-01-08, 22:21
Tonight's was cool :tmb: Thought it started a bit slow, but once the blade arms started to wake up, it got pretty vicious :cln:

I don't think we've seen the last of them.

deepbluesea
23-01-08, 22:24
The one liners in this series are amazing, but I can't wait for some of the climaxs.

Angelus
28-01-08, 22:27
Did anyone watch last week's episode? I watched it On Demand last night and I have got to say that it was a lot better than the first episode. Hope there's more stuff like this to come. :tmb:

Rivendell
28-01-08, 22:38
They should have more than one episode a week. A week is too long to wait for such a cool show!

The Great Chi
28-01-08, 23:33
Well I just saw the first episode of the new series (it takes a long while till I get it on my mega satallite, it must bounce of the moon and back :D )

I was rather disapointed with all the kissy kissy stuff again, I just do not see the need for that, it gets me down because its supposed to be a Si-fi story and instead it is in danger of being like a 'Cardiff Dallas'.

I just hope it bucks up a bit and concentrates on the Si-Fi stuff.
Also the acting is still a bit 'hammy' from the whole of the Torchwood team.

I still prefer Doctor Who 500% over Torchwood :(

Rivendell
30-01-08, 21:52
Great episode. I really like Tosh, she's a great character :tmb:

jamieoliver22
30-01-08, 21:57
Awh, felt kinda sorry for both of them :(

Angelus
30-01-08, 21:59
I haven't got round to watching it yet... was it as good as last week's episode?

Rivendell
30-01-08, 22:02
It was a really nice episode. Wasn't brutally gory like some have been, but more central on Tosh and her relationship with a 1918 brittish soldier, who they needed to get back to his time.

Actually.. Didn't they have a very very similar episode to that in S1? Ended with Owen's girlfriend getting on a plane to the past or something.

Angelus
30-01-08, 22:15
It was a really nice episode. Wasn't brutally gory like some have been, but more central on Tosh and her relationship with a 1918 brittish soldier, who they needed to get back to his time.

Actually.. Didn't they have a very very similar episode to that in S1? Ended with Owen's girlfriend getting on a plane to the past or something.

Sounds good, thanks. :D

I'm not sure... I drifted in and out of Series 1. :p

The Great Chi
11-02-08, 22:25
This weeks episode was better, with the illegal Alien Meat :tmb:

Made me think of McDonnalds for some reason :vlol:

Angelus
12-02-08, 12:23
Last Wednesday's episode was the worst Torchwood episode yet. And John Barrowman's acting gets worse each week. I hope this week's episode is better.

Rivendell
13-02-08, 12:29
Hurray, it's Torchwood day! :jmp:

Apparently *next week*'s episode is when we'll see the return of Martha Jones (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/blog/tubetalk/). :D

And a 'shock twist that will leave you reeling' apparently!
:cln:

Angelus
13-02-08, 12:36
Hurray, it's Torchwood day! :jmp:

Apparently *next week*'s episode is when we'll see the return of Martha Jones (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/blog/tubetalk/). :D

And a 'shock twist that will leave you reeling' apparently!
:cln:

I'm going to watch next week's episode on BBC Three! :D

Tonight's episode looks a lot better than the rather crap last episode.

Rivendell
13-02-08, 12:50
*Immitates Kyle's mom*
What-what-Whhaaaat? Torchwood does the next episode on BBC3 too? :yah:

Angelus
13-02-08, 13:01
*Immitates Kyle's mom*
What-what-Whhaaaat? Torchwood does the next episode on BBC3 too? :yah:

Yup, straight after the BBC2 episode. :)

Clicky (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008z1rn)

CuteKittenlol
13-02-08, 14:59
I thought that was just a repeat of the BB2 one? :confused:

Angelus
13-02-08, 15:40
I thought that was just a repeat of the BB2 one? :confused:

No. On BBC2 at 21:00 is this weeks episode, where we go into Jack's past. At 21:40 on BBC Three, we have next week's episode where Martha joins for a few episodes. :)

5T3PH3N
13-02-08, 22:51
OOOOOOOOMG Did anyone see the torchwood on bbc3 !! I cant believe it, i feel so sorry for tosh :(

Angelus
13-02-08, 22:52
OOOOOOOOMG Did anyone see the torchwood on bbc3 !! I cant believe it, i feel so sorry for tosh :(

What happened? :eek:

I haven't had a chance to watch this week's episode... I'll watch it on Catch Up later.

Owen died!? :eek:

5T3PH3N
13-02-08, 22:55
Ill post it in white cuz of MAJOR SPOILERZ........ near the beginning of the episode owen agreed to go on a date with tosh, but at the end of the episode he dies, i was like noooooooooo

Angelus
13-02-08, 22:57
Ill post it in white cuz of MAJOR SPOILERZ........ near the beginning of the episode owen agreed to go on a date with tosh, but at the end of the episode he dies, i was like noooooooooo

:eek:

*Sobs*

5T3PH3N
13-02-08, 23:01
Yeah i have a feeling that the ressurection gauntlet from the first series may find its way back into torchwood, russel t davies did say in an interview that gloves come in pairs :jmp: The next episode looks good too martha has to do the... post morten

lararoxs
13-02-08, 23:02
I cant look!:o I've watched tonights episode but i've recorded next weeks on BBC3. Im saving it, though! My sister has already said its emotional! I'm not going to ruin it by peeking at the spoilers:)

Angelus
13-02-08, 23:03
Yeah i have a feeling that the ressurection gauntlet from the first series may find its way back into torchwood, russel t davies did say in an interview that gloves come in pairs :jmp: The next episode looks good too martha has to do the... post morten

He's ressurected by his connection with the weevils next week

Apparently, anyway.

5T3PH3N
13-02-08, 23:05
Possibly in the preview u saw a church full of weevils !!

Angelus
13-02-08, 23:06
Possibly in the preview u saw a church full of weevils !!

I hope Virgin Media add this episode to the BBC Three catch up... then I can have a Torchwood double bill!

LegenDarY
13-02-08, 23:13
I've never heard of this, is it worth watching (read: downloading)? :D

What is it about? The banner looks cool, kinda like Heroes' style.

Angelus
13-02-08, 23:17
I've never heard of this, is it worth watching (read: downloading)? :D

What is it about? The banner looks cool, kinda like Heroes' style.

It's a Doctor Who spin off.

Clicky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood)

Rivendell
13-02-08, 23:19
Aye, it's sort of like a UK version of the X Files - but with more gore and sex.
They're essentially a group of people who hunt and track down aliens and otherworldly entities that have come through the void and popped out in Cardiff.

5T3PH3N
13-02-08, 23:22
Its definatly worth a look, especially series 2, it already dwarves series 1 i think !! But it will never beat the power or doctor who :jmp: grabs toy sonic screwdriver :D

Rivendell
13-02-08, 23:23
Remember this?

1I5MCquAsVk

I think that was the clip that got me hooked :D

LegenDarY
13-02-08, 23:24
Aye, it's sort of like a UK version of the X Files - but with more gore and sex. They're essentially a group of people who hunt and track down aliens and otherworldly entities that have come through the void and popped out in Cardiff.

Uhm, that's a weird combination. I might check out a few episodes to see what it's like.

But if I want to see sex, I'll watch Californication.. which is awesome :D.

Angelus
13-02-08, 23:26
Aye, it's sort of like a UK version of the X Files - but with more gore and sex.
They're essentially a group of people who hunt and track down aliens and otherworldly entities that have come through the void and popped out in Cardiff.

And the members of the team have all kissed or had sex with one another at least once throughout the series. :D

5T3PH3N
13-02-08, 23:29
Remember this?

1I5MCquAsVk

Yeah i remember, gwen was so naive haha !! I think i got hooked just beacuse i love Doctor Who... Seems only right to watch torchwood :D

lararoxs
13-02-08, 23:34
Remember this?

1I5MCquAsVk

Look at that! they look like real teeth! *ahhhh* _ Well that would be because they are!:vlol: Was that the first episode or the second?

Angelus
13-02-08, 23:35
Right, I'm off to watch this week's episode. Bye! :wve:

5T3PH3N
13-02-08, 23:36
I think it was the first because Gwen was a member of TW in the second episode :)

Rivendell
23-02-08, 12:53
Just caught up and watched the latest episode 'Reset'.

Wicked :tmb: Sad end though. :( This wednesday's looks excellent!

Angelus
23-02-08, 14:19
Just caught up and watched the latest episode 'Reset'.

Wicked :tmb: Sad end though. :( This wednesday's looks excellent!

I watched it this morning.

Best TW episode to date. And I know something interesting about the event at the end! :D

Jacob x5
23-02-08, 17:07
Series 2 is so much better than the last series. Whilst I enjoyed the first series, there were some dodgy episodes and the show couldn't seem to work out what it wanted to be. Now, though, it seems to have found its feet and I'm really loving it. I love the way they've developed Ianto's personality — he's become one of my favourite characters. The Time Agency business in the first episode was very interesting — they've left it open to new stories with the idea that there are, besides Jack and James (:D), five other ex-Time Agents left. Also, I'm very excited by the insight into Jack's childhood we saw in 'Adam' (which, incidently, was one of the best episodes so far), and I'm looking forward to hearing more about 'Gray'.

Also, this business with Owen is interesting. I'm now waiting for Wednesday so we can find out what's going on.

Rivendell
27-02-08, 21:52
Oh yes, OH yes :jmp:

That was my fave Torchwood episode to date. What a cool concept! I wish we'd seen it 'get' people though. They could've gone balls-out Dementor style with it. Heck, WB couldn't have sued them - they don't do it the right way in the films!

jamieoliver22
27-02-08, 22:31
:eek:, just :eek:!

Spoiler: Seems like Owen becomes evil in the next episode, quite a turn around. And he is still dead, quite a worrying concept :p

Rivendell
27-02-08, 22:32
Ok, please start putting Spoiler 'Next weeks ep' or 'tonight's ep', because two weeks ago I fricking well read about him being shot when I thought people were just talking about the one that'd *just been on*.

See now I don't know if I can read your spoiler or not.

:p

jamieoliver22
27-02-08, 22:35
Ok, please start putting Spoiler 'Next weeks ep' or 'tonight's ep', because two weeks ago I fricking well read about him being shot when I thought people were just talking about the one that'd *just been on*.

See now I don't know if I can read your spoiler or not.

:p

Hey, that's all I know! It was a preview of the next episode at the end of this weeks episode, so shush you :p

Angelus
27-02-08, 22:40
I'll watch it on Catch Up!

Watch Dexter... it's just started on ITV 1. Go do it!

Rivendell
27-02-08, 22:50
I've seen the first 5 episodes of Dexter, I'll carry on when it gets to that point. Very good show it is :tmb:

Angelus
27-02-08, 22:54
I've seen the first 5 episodes of Dexter, I'll carry on when it gets to that point. Very good show it is :tmb:

:tmb:

I know about Owen's "situation" - I'm wondering if he gets out of it? Tonight's episode was Martha's second appearance, right?

Rivendell
05-03-08, 20:53
Whoa! Spoilery image (http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6210/w550tttorchwoodweddingdo0.jpg) for Gwen's wedding day! :eek:

What the heck's going on there then? Sudden, isn't it?

The Great Chi
05-03-08, 22:46
I'm now beginning to wish they had all got shot :eek:

I just can't decide on this series, I mean, I love the new Doctor Who series and David Tennant is brilliant, but this Torchwood team just seem such a diss-jointed bunch, so I don't really care who gets bumped off.

To sum it up so far, I find the acting is just not that believable.

Angelus
06-03-08, 13:50
Whoa! Spoilery image (http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6210/w550tttorchwoodweddingdo0.jpg) for Gwen's wedding day! :eek:

What the heck's going on there then? Sudden, isn't it?

IT'S AN ALIIIIIIIEN!

Rivendell
06-03-08, 13:58
Yaaaaaay! :yah: :D

I saw the promo for the next one, looks like a great ep!

Angelus
06-03-08, 14:01
Yaaaaaay! :yah: :D

I saw the promo for the next one, looks like a great ep!

I missed last night's episode. It was Martha's last, wasn't it?

Rivendell
06-03-08, 14:03
Yep. Quite a tame episode really. Nice... but nothing special. I hope Martha comes back to TW after she's in Dr Who again.

ShadyCroft
10-03-08, 11:24
Sorry to bump this thread :o but I really wanna ask something. I wanna know, is this a good show ? I'm thinking of watching it. Does it have a good story, cliffhangers ? Does the show get somewhere ? I'm more into shows that have a story and it develops and unravels at the end. Not a fan of "each episode is a stand alone story with the same characters" style.
Do you think I'd like this show ?
Btw, am a doctor Who virgin. ;) no need to say more.

Rivendell
10-03-08, 11:32
Good show? Hell yes! :D

It's much more focussed on 'standalone stories', although throughout S1 there was always talk of 'something in the darkness, waiting' and at the end of the series it escaped and wrought havoc.

S2 seems to be more focussed on character story-arcs, although there is a feeling that something is being built up to, again by comments that are said in various episodes.

You never know though, you might like it. Check out the next ep on Wednesday, see how you feel about it.
:tmb:

Angelus
10-03-08, 17:03
Wednesday's episode was definitely the best episode of TW yet! :tmb: Although it was very Martha lite...

Oh, and TW moves to Friday nights from 21st March. Bah. :mad:

petujaymz
10-03-08, 17:06
What's the gay kiss record? Five in one episode?

This show's nothing but a snog fest for John Barrowman.

Angelus
10-03-08, 17:15
What's the gay kiss record? Five in one episode?

This show's nothing but a snog fest for John Barrowman.

He's not good for much else. ;)

Angelus
25-03-08, 21:43
Anyone been watching this? :D

Adrift was a good idea, but it bored me, to be honest. It's the penultimate episode on Friday, and the finale is on the 4th April. I can't wait - especially since I've been reading spoilers and some very sad rumours!

Rivendell
25-03-08, 21:49
Anyone been watching this? :D

Adrift was a good idea, but it bored me, to be honest. It's the penultimate episode on Friday, and the finale is on the 4th April. I can't wait - especially since I've been reading spoilers and some very sad rumours!

The teaser for the next one looked great! I'm looking forward to the finale, and haven't read any spoilers.
I hope a third series has been contracted!

Incidentally- SQUEEEEEEEE! :jmp:

lB95XvZzPyM

Angelus
25-03-08, 22:20
Oh, my God I know - I was jumping in my seat when I first watched that. It starts on 5th April apparently. :jmp:

Apparently, two main characters die - and if it's true, I know who dies!

touchthesky
02-04-08, 19:18
Just a heads up incase it hasn't been posted before but;

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3585398/Torchwood-Complete-Series-2/Product.html

It might be a mistake, but, even if it is, it's probably best to pre-order now, and you might (probably) will get it for that price.

Rivendell
02-04-08, 19:19
Holy CRAP! :eek: 15?! Mentalbargainwow :D *Buys*

touchthesky
02-04-08, 19:22
Haha Play recently dished out Davros boxsets for 4 (RRP 90).

I certainly hope it's not a mistake like that one though.

Is the finale on tonight?

Rivendell
02-04-08, 19:38
Nah, Friday is the new Torchwood day. :) Can't wait! Apparently it's a sad one.

touchthesky
02-04-08, 19:52
Ah, I'll watch that then!

Didnt it used to be a Wednesday thing though?

Angelus
02-04-08, 20:21
Yeah, but BBC moved it to Friday. Bit of a coincidence, since Doctor Who starts on Saturday, and the finale of TW is on Friday? Tie-in, much?

And I've just pre-ordered Series 2. :D

Rivendell
04-04-08, 20:50
Damn, such a sad finale! :(
I can't believe they're gone!

I really hope they get S3 contracted.

Nannonxyay
04-04-08, 21:09
Just saw the finale. :( It was soo sad. Especially the video near the end and when SPOILER got SPOILERED by SPOILER.

Angelus
05-04-08, 13:17
Damn, I missed it.

Do Owen and Tosh die?

Rivendell
05-04-08, 13:18
Yeah. :( Can't believe Tosh is gone.

Apparently James M' was aksed back for S3, so... :yah: I wonder where they'll go from here though?

Angelus
05-04-08, 13:23
Yeah. :( Can't believe Tosh is gone.

Apparently James M' was aksed back for S3, so... :yah: I wonder where they'll go from here though?

Aw. :(

Mickey and Martha are rumoured to replace them... hm.

touchthesky
05-04-08, 13:40
I was thinking last night how good it would be for James Marsters to come back. I enjoy his character a lot.

Rivendell
05-04-08, 17:05
Mickey and Martha are rumoured to replace them... hm.

Now that would be fricking great!!! :eek:
Moreso the Martha bit, I couldn't give a toss about Mickey.

What was Mickey's job anyway? Soldier?
:confused:

Domino
05-04-08, 17:07
I suspect Martha and John will replace them. I couldn't give a **** about Owen dieing, but I really will miss Tosh. She was in DW before Jack for crying out loud! :(

CuteKittenlol
05-04-08, 17:26
I was gutted when Tosh died :(

And even more gutted that Owen died..again =/

I hope Martha doesn't fill in for anyone, she does my head in XD

Angelus
05-04-08, 21:24
I caught up on last night episode, and it had me welling up! Best episode of TW yet - and that includes Series 1. Absolutely fantastic. Tense, suspenseful, sad, touching, moving and funny all in one episode.

:tmb: :tmb:

Angelus
07-04-08, 21:52
Series 2 has gone up to 37.99 on play.com (http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5388876/Torchwood-Complete-Series-2/Product.html), but the order still shows as 15 on my account. :D I hope it stays like that.

touchthesky
09-04-08, 12:01
^Ours was cancelled earlier.
Was yours?

Angelus
09-04-08, 14:44
^Ours was cancelled earlier.
Was yours?

Yeah. *Sob*

Tomb of Qualopec
09-04-08, 14:51
Gwen Cooper looks like my mother. :D

Domino
09-04-08, 15:03
I'm really upset, I watched the finale again and came so close to tears when it happened. You guys know what I'm talking about.

Tomb of Qualopec
09-04-08, 15:05
No?

Angelus
09-04-08, 15:12
I'm really upset, I watched the finale again and came so close to tears when it happened. You guys know what I'm talking about.

Aw, I know. :(

But it's probably for the best. Tosh's contract with Jack was ending, and she only worked at TW. She didn't have a social life (that we knew of, anyway). She worked and she helped people, and she did that right up until the end.

:)

Domino
09-04-08, 15:23
I'm just glad it wasn't Ianto. I propably wouldn't watch the show if he was gone. He's my favourite and I'd love to see him in DW. :)