PDA

View Full Version : 3D presetation software...

TRF
16-01-08, 20:19
Hello...

I'm looking for a program that could help me make a presentation...
It would be nice to have something that is easy to use, but is also efectieve.

I have to make a presentation that can be left at the customer, so that they could read/learn in a easy and good way about the work that we do...

It must not be to childish and playfull, just perfect to learn.

I hope what you know what i mean and i hope to get some likes or name of the programm's soon....

Thanks in advance..

Punaxe
16-01-08, 20:25
Sounds like you need something interactive... ...how about Flash?

kooky
16-01-08, 20:27
I don't think there are free ones, there are ones like Adobe Flash Pro & After Effects, those are expensive, professional programs though.

TRF
16-01-08, 20:37
Sounds like you need something interactive... ...how about Flash?

I've allready tried flash, but that isn't the "thing" that i'm looking for..

DREWY
16-01-08, 21:50
O2C (http://www.o2c.de/uk/index.html)any use to you maybe?

TRF
16-01-08, 21:57
O2C (http://www.o2c.de/uk/index.html)any use to you maybe?

I saw that before, but that isn't what i'm looking for, sorry...
O2C is more about building stuff like 3D tours, isn't it???

I need to make a presentation with interactive stuff, text, pictures, sounds...

DREWY
16-01-08, 22:02
It's for 3D ojects. I use it for 3D models of houses, so people can see what it looks like without having to build it first. I have also used it for individual objects. I did a spiral staircase once. You can do auto rotate or as you say, a walkthrough. For pictures and sounds though it would be no real use. What about just using power point then?

Apofiss
16-01-08, 22:08
I need to make a presentation with interactive stuff, text, pictures, sounds...

http://www.turntool.com (+3dsmax) Don't remember, but I think TT doesn't support sound.

Punaxe
16-01-08, 23:25
PowerPoint? :p It has become really quite powerful these days...

TRF
17-01-08, 01:06
What about just using power point then?

PowerPoint? :p It has become really quite powerful these days...

Right... Now that's why i asked for other software...
I've always worked with powerpoint 2003 and i've downloaded the trail from Powerpoint 2007...

That isn't anything that i can use... Or even is functional for the project....

nick-xx
17-01-08, 01:21
The best is really a flash animation, as is really versatile and can do everything but is a little difficult to use it. There is one free and simple but i don't know what it can do, here. (http://www.topshareware.com/Free-Flash-Editor-download-42820.htm)

spikejones
17-01-08, 03:59
Hello...

I have to make a presentation that can be left at the customer, so that they could read/learn in a easy and good way about the work that we do...

It is somewhat hard to develop a suitable application, or rather suggest one in this case, without a bit more information.

1. What exactly do you do?
2. What is your vision of the presentation?
-How do you want it to behave? ie: clickable text/pictures which trigger some other event; embedded videos/animations
3. Think also of the customer, should the presentation be in a format that does not require any other programs to be installed for them to view it? (your requirement of ease of use suggests this)

However, I agree with nick-xx about Flash. You can really create a powerful presentation with it. Cisco's Netacademy course materials are all flash based; they're organized efficiently with a different slide for each topic, including text, pictures, sound, and animation.

Their packet tracer is another powerful flash based educational tool enabling the user the ability to create a virtual network (not VPN) with different equipment types. It simulate a real network environment including IP addressing issues as well as configuring the Router's IOS running-config file.

TRF
26-01-08, 09:44
It is somewhat hard to develop a suitable application, or rather suggest one in this case, without a bit more information.

1. What exactly do you do?
2. What is your vision of the presentation?
-How do you want it to behave? ie: clickable text/pictures which trigger some other event; embedded videos/animations
3. Think also of the customer, should the presentation be in a format that does not require any other programs to be installed for them to view it? (your requirement of ease of use suggests this)

1. My hobby is making video's and presentations for fun... i know it's a wierd hobby, but it's just it...

2. The vision of this presentation is for the customer to know what the business does. From building the design to printing the cd... <-- For example... I need to build a presentation for the customer, so they can easely learn what we do...
I wanted it to be a movie, with interaction like: Pictures coming in the screen, tekst fading in and out.... Stuff like that...

3. As i said above, i wanted the presentation to be like a movie. So in AVI format or WMA format... I might be playable from a cd.. So the only thing that is required is Windows Media Player or another sound and video player..