PDA

View Full Version : Money Help

ECB
17-01-08, 21:58
I'm 14 and I want a PS3 really bad. I only have $100 saved up. How can I get it a lot faster?

Mona Sax
17-01-08, 21:59
Work?

Angelus
17-01-08, 22:02
Get a job... that's about it. :p

Elysia
17-01-08, 22:09
;) How do you think the rest of the planet manages to get the cash to buy PS3's?

Evan C.
17-01-08, 22:10
Call to this number:
4732-GOD

He have lots of PS3 to gift :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-01-08, 22:13
Well, the responsible thing to tell you to do would be to get a job, like everyone else has pretty much said... There's always begging your parents though, I guess. :whi:

PARANOIA
17-01-08, 22:24
Sue McDonalds. That's how I got mine.

ajrich17901
17-01-08, 22:26
Get a job
Grovel to ur parents

Mr.Burns
17-01-08, 22:27
Time for the tried and true method that has been quite successful for centuries:

Work.

Part time jobs, shoveling snow, mowing lawns, etc. :wve:

Hack
17-01-08, 22:28
I don't know what jobs they give to 14 year old other than being a paperboy!

You could always sell a kidney :whi:

PARANOIA
17-01-08, 22:29

Actually, it's hard for any young man to get a job nowadays, cause there's this thing called "experience," "references," and "past employers."

Hack
17-01-08, 22:33
Actually, it's hard for any young man to get a job nowadays, cause there's this thing called "experience," "references," and "past employers."

Yeah, thats called 'pulling up the ladder' :)

There are requirements for jobs that are far beyond whats needed to do that job.

McGloomy
17-01-08, 22:36
I'm 14 and I want a PS3 really bad. I only have $100 saved up. How can I get it a lot faster?
Buy a Wii. ;)

Seriously, at first you should think about how much money a PS3 costs. I worked a lot to get the money for my Wii and when I finally had it I didn't want it anymore. When you think about how many things you can do with such a lot of money you will think twice before spending it on a piece of high tech.

Better talk with your parents. Maybe there are things they'd like you to do (like working in your house or doing more for school) and maybe they are willing to pay a part of the prize. Getting a job is really the best way, but you have to be very patient! =)

Apofiss
17-01-08, 22:38
Passive loan from your parents? :D

Thorir
17-01-08, 22:40
Loan from parents. :)

Kinda strange how many people here mention work... :D

Work for minors is illegal here.
You have to be 18 to get payed work... ;)

Parents are surely easier. Do some chores or something!

CroftScionGuard
17-01-08, 22:41
Loan from parents. :)

Kinda strange how many people here mention work... :D

Work for minors is illegal here.
You have to be 18 to get payed work... ;)

Parents are surely easier. Do some chores or something!
:vlol:
Training?

Voni
17-01-08, 22:43

Y'know, apparently that's illegal. Well, my mate mentioned it on another forum as a joke and nearly got her head ripped off for it. Eek.

On the subject, where do you live? What's the legal age of employment?

ECB
17-01-08, 22:53
Yeah, I would work, but you have to be 16 to work where I live.

I mow my lawn in the summer and we have had hardly any snow here. So, I guess I'm SOL.

kill bill
17-01-08, 22:54
Yeah, I would work, but you have to be 16 to work where I live.

I mow my lawn in the summer and we have had hardly any snow here. So, I guess I'm SOL.

Simple! Get your unsed Video games/stuff and sell em on ebay

Mr.Burns
17-01-08, 22:54
Do chores around the house, ask your parents to help out. You do so many things for them and they'll compensate you.

Lavinder
17-01-08, 22:55
Get friendly with an old lonely lady with lots of cats - she just might give you the odd fiver here and there.

Quasimodo
18-01-08, 00:00

Mow lawns, walk dogs, do errands for neighbours.

SamReeves
18-01-08, 00:27
Get friendly with an old lonely lady with lots of cats - she just might give you the odd fiver here and there.

LMAO!!! :vlol:

Or take the Anna Nicole Smith route. :p

tampi
18-01-08, 00:47
Kyle MacDonald and his one red paperclip
He has now a home:confused::tmb: changing that red paperclip:cln:

BE8b02EdZvw

ECB
18-01-08, 02:35

Bahahaha :vlol:

Necromanser
18-01-08, 08:06
I'm saving up for it by doing chores.It provides a steady income of money.I've calculated I'll have it in June because of my birthday and all.I would work but work for minors is illegal here.

Voni
18-01-08, 08:16
Simple! Get your unsed Video games/stuff and sell em on ebay

That's not a bad idea, actually. Sell your old games to start yourself off, then do chores til you've saved it up. To be fair, I'll probably have to do the same, I'm so skint! :vlol:

Ooh! Don't take games to game stores to trade them in, they never give you a decent price. Much better to put them on Ebay.

rowanlim
18-01-08, 08:37
Get a job? That works...but don't expect to get that PS3 mighty fast :p

vespertea
18-01-08, 08:44
Befriend the wealthy. :wve:

Librarian
18-01-08, 08:58
Set up a lemonade stand, and try to look cute.

But yeah, sounds like odd neighbourhood jobs are it for you till you're old enough to work properly :|

Do you have a lot of 'stuff'? Maybe you could hold a garage sale or sell things on ebay.

Little-Lara
18-01-08, 09:17

You can't work at companies yet. You're not old enough to even get a 'working permit' I think it starts at age 16..? Do several jobs here and there. tutoring, house works, walking pets, washing cars, mowing/trimming. But be sure to work for people you trust and are friends. AND with friends, make clear financial deals before starting, cause you don't wanna mix business with friends and end up ruining the friendship. :tmb: ;)