PDA

View Full Version : Trek XI Teaser Trailer (Cloverfield)

Agent 47
18-01-08, 13:53
Well, it's here folks.

For those who saw Cloverfield it was headed with the Teaser Trailer for the new Trek movie, Directed by JJ Abrahms

RllSZW_YLk8&rel

better quality pic of the NCC-1701 Enterprise :jmp:

Mod. Edit: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=116425

my opinion, well it appears the ship is pretty faithful to the original,but brought in-line with the design of 1701-A,more detailed and bigger in scale...............can't complain :jmp:

Cochrane
18-01-08, 13:56
Holy crap, now that's cool! I liked Nemesis, but Star Trek needs a real blockbuster to get it going again, and this sure looks good in that department.

Earthcane
18-01-08, 13:56
Zachary Quinto as Spock?? :jmp:

I cant wait to see this movie :tmb:

Agent 47
18-01-08, 14:07
it's scheduled to hit the US theatres on Christmas day, it is however suggested that Paramount might release it a few days early

the cast
# Chris Pine as James T. Kirk
# Zachary Quinto as Young Spock
# Karl Urban as Leonard McCoy
# Simon Pegg as Montgomery Scott
# Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov
# Zoe Saldaña as Uhura
# John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
# Eric Bana as Nero (the villain of the film)
# Clifton Collins, Jr. as General Ayel (Nero's henchman)
# Leonard Nimoy as Old Spock
# Bruce Greenwood as Christopher Pike
# Chris Hemsworth as George Samuel Kirk Senior, Kirk's father
# Jennifer Morrison as Winona Kirk, Kirk's mother
# Ben Cross as Sarek, Spock's father
# Winona Ryder as Amanda Grayson, Spock's mother
# Rachel Nichols as Orion female
# Tyler Perry as head of Starfleet Academy

:D

Earthcane
18-01-08, 14:09
A Christmas Day release?? That's pretty imaginative marketing.

I'm glad to see Karl Urban again. He rocked as Eomer in The Two Towers. :tmb:

Agent 47
18-01-08, 14:14
A Christmas Day release?? That's pretty imaginative marketing.

I'm glad to see Karl Urban again. He rocked as Eomer in The Two Towers. :tmb:

i was dubious about a Christmas Day opening, however it appears movies make good money on that day, so maybe Paramount have indeed thought long and hard about it :D

well, it doesn't go up against Bond (Nov) so that's good (as long as it makes more money than TNG movies i'll be pleased) (i'm a classic fan to the core,did like DS9 though) :jmp:

Punaxe
18-01-08, 18:00
Hmm the only Star Trek I've really been interesting in is The Next Generation... Convince me why I should still watch this movie :p

Agent 47
18-01-08, 18:23
Hmm the only Star Trek I've really been interesting in is The Next Generation... Convince me why I should still watch this movie :p

because this particular Ship and Crew are more famous than Picard and Co will ever be....this crew ARE icons, the Picard crew will never reach that status

TOS had 6 movies, only 1 was bad
TNG had 4 movies, only 1 was good

The Next Generation movies were awful and the last two just about killed off the franchise.

the adventures of Kirk and his Enterprise are what people want, and it's the era where Trek made money...............plus Kirk OWNS Picard,nuff said :ton:

i can however give you a genuine honest reason NOT to see this movie.......

William Shatner isn't in it....JJ Abrahms confirmed it i'm not overly thrilled either, Shatner is Kirk, the one true Cpt and they failed to cast him :cen:

Punaxe
18-01-08, 18:25
Well, I guess this is indeed a good opportunity to get a look at the "real" crew then, at least the horribly old set won't be a distraction :p

Quasimodo
18-01-08, 18:30
Another thing to look forward to this winter :jmp:

Agent 47
18-01-08, 18:32
Well, I guess this is indeed a good opportunity to get a look at the "real" crew then, at least the horribly old set won't be a distraction :p

it's funny how TNG fans are two narrow minded to see beyond 1960's tv sets......odd that

funny also that even TNG now looks terribly dated......TOS in HD does look good though, all new special effects,and ship models (all CGI replaced):D

technically this new film isn't the "real" crew as it's a recast,but it's the iconic nature of these characters as to why they've done this particular movie, plus Quinto is apparently signed on to make three :D

tampi
18-01-08, 18:40
We can dream again!:jmp:

Thanks Agent 47, thanks we have you :D

Only agent number 47 is attentive to these developments.:cln::D

Agent 47
18-01-08, 18:42
We can dream again!:jmp:

Thanks Agent 47, thanks we have you :D

Only agent number 47 is attentive to these developments.:cln::D

thank you :tmb:

(just another Trek fan keeping others informed)

the high quality trailer will be on the official Paramount site on Monday
http://www.paramount.com/startrek/

SamReeves
18-01-08, 20:41
Well, it's here folks.

For those who saw Cloverfield it was headed with the Teaser Trailer for the new Trek movie, Directed by JJ Abrahms

RllSZW_YLk8&rel

better quality pic of the NCC-1701 Enterprise :jmp:

Mod. Edit: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=116425

my opinion, well it appears the ship is pretty faithful to the original,but brought in-line with the design of 1701-A,more detailed and bigger in scale...............can't complain :jmp:

Yea, looks a bit refittish which is my fav ship, but this should be the original 2245 Enterprise we're talking about?

it's scheduled to hit the US theatres on Christmas day, it is however suggested that Paramount might release it a few days early

the cast
# Chris Pine as James T. Kirk
# Zachary Quinto as Young Spock
# Karl Urban as Leonard McCoy
# Simon Pegg as Montgomery Scott
# Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov
# Zoe Saldaña as Uhura
# John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
# Eric Bana as Nero (the villain of the film)
# Clifton Collins, Jr. as General Ayel (Nero's henchman)
# Leonard Nimoy as Old Spock
# Bruce Greenwood as Christopher Pike
# Chris Hemsworth as George Samuel Kirk Senior, Kirk's father
# Jennifer Morrison as Winona Kirk, Kirk's mother
# Ben Cross as Sarek, Spock's father
# Winona Ryder as Amanda Grayson, Spock's mother
# Rachel Nichols as Orion female
# Tyler Perry as head of Starfleet Academy

But they are missing: Bill Shatner!!!

http://i30.************/25t9cld.jpg

Mr.Burns
18-01-08, 20:59
@Sam: Yea well, seems he's having too much fun playing Denny Crane. :)

SamReeves
18-01-08, 21:01
@Sam: Yea well, seems he's having too much fun playing Denny Crane. :)

Eh, Paramount didn't give him a chance. It just doesn't seem legit without both Shatner and Nimoy.

Mr.Burns
18-01-08, 21:03
Eh, Paramount didn't give him a chance. It just doesn't seem legit without both Shatner and Nimoy.

*nods* It's like Abbot without Costello.

nick-xx
18-01-08, 21:13

Agreed is like this lol

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6959/startrekcastingqx6.jpg

Legends
18-01-08, 21:24
I can't wait to see this movie. Looks great! :tmb:

Hack
18-01-08, 21:26
I'm not the biggest fan of TOS, but I hope they do a good job with this.

From the trailer, its looks kinda grittier and more modern, which is very cool.

Agent 47
18-01-08, 21:26

i totally agree,it's the lack of Shatner that bothers me, the writers claimed they're desperately trying to get him in..............seems to me the script was well locked in and were simply paying lip service to the fans (in other words no effort was made to involve Shatner) they didn't try hard enough:mad:

yeah the character kinda died falling from a bridge in an ill thought out movie = LAME!!!!,do i care??? nope, forget that particular movie and "canon" i simply want William Shatner as James T Kirk to make one final appearance before it's too late

correct the mistake that made in 1994, besides Rick Berman stated First Contact changed the course of history anyway :D

SamReeves
18-01-08, 21:27
Agreed is like this lol

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6959/startrekcastingqx6.jpg

Affirmative. It's hard to reboot the original:

http://i26.************/2zf0115.jpg

SamReeves
18-01-08, 21:32
i totally agree,it's the lack of Shatner that bothers me, the writers claimed they're desperately trying to get him in..............seems to me the script was well locked in and were simply paying lip service to the fans (in other words no effort was made to involve Shatner) they didn't try hard enough:mad:

yeah the character kinda died falling from a bridge in an ill thought out movie = LAME!!!!,do i care??? nope, forget that particular movie and "canon" i simply want William Shatner as James T Kirk to make one final appearance before it's too late

correct the mistake that made in 1994, besides Rick Berman stated First Contact changed the course of history anyway :D

Yup, there's no reason why Paramount couldn't allow Kirk and Spock to reminisce at a starbase in 2293 while the Enterprise is decomissioned in favor of its Excelsior-class successor. I'd love to see the old Conny one more time. :D

http://i30.************/2h4f0a0.jpg

FomarThain
18-01-08, 21:37
Tell me you guys are kidding. William Shatner is a terrible actor.:eek::( He's funny in his commercials but he is one of those over the top actors that kinda makes you cringe.

I am looking forward to the movie.

Agent 47
18-01-08, 21:37
Yup, there's no reason why Paramount could allow Kirk and Spock to reminisce at a starbase in 2293 while the Enterprise is decomissioned in favor of its Excelsior-class successor. I'd love to see the old Conny one more time. :D

http://i30.************/2h4f0a0.jpg

the 1701-A was indeed a good ship.....a credit to the fleet..............as Kirk said
treat her well and she'll always bring you home

i also like the 1701 from the series, that's the ship they've updated.....just given it the appearance of 1701-A in the detail stakes :D

another reason Shatner's Kirk needs a comeback, he saved Earth and the galaxy countless times, the man deserves a better send off and respect....not some LAME meaningless death :mad:

SamReeves
18-01-08, 21:50
Tell me you guys are kidding. William Shatner is a terrible actor.:eek::( He's funny in his commercials but he is one of those over the top actors that kinda makes you cringe.

I am looking forward to the movie.

Each to their own I suppose. However I encourage you to catch a few episodes of the original series on TV Land. Kirk is a swashbuckler of sorts, and Bill Shatner always made the show lots of fun…balanced by Spock's cool collectiveness and McCoy's hot head conservatism. :D

the 1701-A was indeed a good ship.....a credit to the fleet..............as Kirk said

i also like the 1701 from the series, that's the ship they've updated.....just given it the appearance of 1701-A in the detail stakes :D

another reason Shatner's Kirk needs a comeback, he saved Earth and the galaxy countless times, the man deserves a better send off and respect....not some LAME meaningless death :mad:

Absolutely. Kirk did not deserve to meet his end at Veridian III. Therefore a prequel to the NCC-1701-B's launch is logical.

Agent 47
18-01-08, 21:59
Each to their own I suppose. However I encourage you to catch a few episodes of the original series on TV Land. Kirk is a swashbuckler of sorts, and Bill Shatner always made the show lots of fun…balanced by Spock's cool collectiveness and McCoy's hot head conservatism. :D

Absolutely. Kirk did not deserve to meet his end at Veridian III. Therefore a prequel to the NCC-1701-B's launch is logical.

yep, strange how these "hip" new writers can't dream up a plausible way to include Shatner, does it matter that Bill has aged????? NOPE :(

i don't want to hate this movie because it's going back to the crew and era i prefer, but it just seems more likely JJ made no real effort to get Bill involved

Hack
18-01-08, 22:02
yep, strange how these "hip" new writers can't dream up a plausible way to include Shatner, does it matter that Bill has aged????? NOPE :(

i don't want to hate this movie because it's going back to the crew and era i prefer, but it just seems more likely JJ made no real effort to get Bill involved

Why would they want to?

It would feel too contrived.

Agent 47
18-01-08, 22:08
Why would they want to?

It would feel too contrived.

erm lets see............

the character is an icon
the character deserves better

there's plenty of ways to include Shatner without it feeling contrived.....the writers clearly had no intention of Shatner being in the new movie, ergo they flat out LIED!!!

definition of contrived is putting Janeway in Nemesis,pointless and had no purpose (just like that series really) (actually, no Enterprise is the show that should never have existed):mad:

classic fans want Shatner as Kirk back
TNG fans are just bitter they're not getting another mediocre movie featuring crew members from all 24th century Trek series urrghhhhh

Paramount are simply going back to the era that made them money....familiar crew,iconic ship :D

FomarThain
18-01-08, 22:11
(actually, no Enterprise is the show that should never have existed):mad:

Man, you got that right.:( I knew that show was junk with the opening song. Sheesh.

Agent 47
18-01-08, 22:16
Man, you got that right.:( I knew that show was junk with the opening song. Sheesh.

oh, it had potential don't get me wrong,it was just a badly written series, plus trying to re-write Trek history didn't do it any favours (i.e TOS)

and turning it's final episode into an effective TNG Riker/Troi episode was just insulting IMO

sad thing is it could have been a great series...just bad stories let it down, when it did get interesting it was a case of too little,too late.......and thus the show was cancelled

Enterprise was written in the manner it was a prequel to TNG...basically omit TOS

Hack
18-01-08, 22:19
erm lets see............

the character is an icon
the character deserves better

The character deserves better than to portrayed relentlessy by a washed up hack of an actor.

I'm glad they picked all new actors to portray the crew because atleast it will feel fresh, not dug up from the grave to squeeze more money from the nostalgia of fans of TOS.

Agent 47
18-01-08, 22:32
The character deserves better than to portrayed relentlessy by a washed up hack of an actor.

I'm glad they picked all new actors to portray the crew because atleast it will feel fresh, not dug up from the grave to squeeze more money from the nostalgia of fans of TOS.

first point.......... :vlol: i dread to think why he's won Emmy's and whatever else then :confused:

point 2......the story for this movie dictates a recast is required, it's PRE-TOS, the recast doesn't bother me, i welcome it infact, i want to see if the new cast can do these characters justice...the only thing i don't like is Nimoy in it without Shatner, it doesn't seem right

but the facts are simple, Trek in the 24th century era was way overdone, people got bored fans tuned out and defected elsewhere, JJ has chosen to go and revisit the 23rd century because it's where the money is at...familiarity, this is just 1 of a potential 3 movie deal JJ agreed on.........we know Quinto signed for 3 movies,that's gonna hurt for folks who want more TNG era

SamReeves
18-01-08, 23:13
first point.......... :vlol: i dread to think why he's won Emmy's and whatever else then :confused:

point 2......the story for this movie dictates a recast is required, it's PRE-TOS, the recast doesn't bother me, i welcome it infact, i want to see if the new cast can do these characters justice...the only thing i don't like is Nimoy in it without Shatner, it doesn't seem right

but the facts are simple, Trek in the 24th century era was way overdone, people got bored fans tuned out and defected elsewhere, JJ has chosen to go and revisit the 23rd century because it's where the money is at...familiarity, this is just 1 of a potential 3 movie deal JJ agreed on.........we know Quinto signed for 3 movies,that's gonna hurt for folks who want more TNG era

I dunno. Zero reboots are enough for me, but as you say having Bill Shatner there would definitely get me into the movie! :D I'd prefer if they went inbetween TOS and TNG…maybe pick up where the Enterprise-B left off?

I'd like to see Tom Selleck become the new captain in an Enterprise-B movie. ;)

Agent 47
18-01-08, 23:18
I dunno. Zero reboots are enough for me, but as you say having Bill Shatner there would definitely get me into the movie! :D I'd prefer if they went inbetween TOS and TNG…maybe pick up where the Enterprise-B left off?

I'd like to see Tom Selleck become the new captain in an Enterprise-B movie. ;)

you raise an interesting idea.........the Enterprise B and C era's haven't been explored yet so that's quite a big gap to fill in with more new Trek history :jmp:

i'd watch a series or movie series focusing on that period for sure :D

Hack
18-01-08, 23:23

Clearly they couldn't go do TNG again after Nemesis.

TNG was otherwise very successful as a series. TNG, DS9 and Voyager all were run for seven seasons, TOS was only run for 3.

I'm glad they are going with 23rd Century again, but once it feels fresh and contemporary.
If it was just a direct copy, it would feel a little silly to the modern audience.

SamReeves
18-01-08, 23:29
you raise an interesting idea.........the Enterprise B and C era's haven't been explored yet so that's quite a big gap to fill in with more new Trek history :jmp:

i'd watch a series or movie series focusing on that period for sure :D

Yup. And I wouldn't mind seeing an Excelsior class take to the screen again. They are darn good ships.

Agent 47
18-01-08, 23:35
Clearly they couldn't go do TNG again after Nemesis.

TNG was otherwise very successful as a series. It ran for seven seasons, TOS only ran for 3.

oh i won't doubt TNG had success on tv..it clearly did, but consider this

TOS was cancelled after 3 seasons, during re-runs in the 1970's the show gained a wider fan base, fans wrote letters to NBC demanding a return of Star Trek.

a show called Star Trek: Phase Two was set to go, but Paramount seeing the success of Star Wars decided to turn Phase Two into what is now known as The Motion Picture. that movie spawned 4 successful TOS movies (at that point)

seeing the success of ST IV:TVH, it was decided a new series would go into production and hit the airwaves...that show?? ST TNG..

in short, TNG owes it's existence to TOS and all it's fans who wanted Trek to return back in the 70's :D btw, i did like DS9

Yup. And I wouldn't mind seeing an Excelsior class take to the screen again. They are darn good ships.

nothing beats a Connie Class...even Scotty agrees lol

SamReeves
18-01-08, 23:39
oh i won't doubt TNG had success on tv..it clearly did, but consider this

TOS was cancelled after 3 seasons, during re-runs in the 1970's the show gained a wider fan base, fans wrote letters to NBC demanding a return of Star Trek.

a show called Star Trek: Phase Two was set to go, but Paramount seeing the success of Star Wars decided to turn Phase Two into what is now known as The Motion Picture. that movie spawned 4 successful TOS movies (at that point)

seeing the success of ST IV:TVH, it was decided a new series would go into production and hit the airwaves...that show?? ST TNG..

in short, TNG owes it's existence to TOS and all it's fans who wanted Trek to return back in the 70's :D

nothing beats a Connie Class...even Scotty agrees lol

He he…true. I am a Conny refit guy for sure.

But yes, if it wasn't for Star Trek The Motion Picture, there would be no resurgence of the whole series. It kicked off an unprecedented era of Star Trek…thanks to the original crew.

Agent 47
19-01-08, 14:00
He he…true. I am a Conny refit guy for sure.

But yes, if it wasn't for Star Trek The Motion Picture, there would be no resurgence of the whole series. It kicked off an unprecedented era of Star Trek…thanks to the original crew.

well here's Shatner back where he belongs...............on the Bridge of the 1701 :D
http://trekmovie.com/2008/01/18/interviews-with-shatner-john-dwyer-on-set-of-tos-enterprise/#more-1465

the Star Trek exhibit, visiting several US cities :)

SamReeves
19-01-08, 16:45
well here's Shatner back where he belongs...............on the Bridge of the 1701 :D
http://trekmovie.com/2008/01/18/interviews-with-shatner-john-dwyer-on-set-of-tos-enterprise/#more-1465

the Star Trek exhibit, visiting several US cities :)

LOL! Great find Agent. :D Yup he belongs back in the center seat.

Agent 47
19-01-08, 19:40
LOL! Great find Agent. :D Yup he belongs back in the center seat.

no problem

did you see the end of the 1st clip? when Shatner was asked about being in the new movie? man you could see and hear the genuine disappointment from him...

it's a travesty he's been treated like crap :mad:

btw, if JJ's butchered Trek does nothing for you................watch the fan series Star Trek New Voyages (it's truer to Star Trek than this film will ever be IMO)