PDA

View Full Version : A 'Terrible' film that you actually enjoyed

Lara Croft Fan Joe
18-01-08, 23:27
By this I mean a film which recieved a lot of bad press and/or reviews.
Mine would have to be Norbit, I dont know why but I honestly found that film hilarious, probobly because of how bad it was, and of coarse Eddie Murphy degrading his carrer by playing a fat woman named 'Rasputia'. :p

kill bill
18-01-08, 23:28
Norbit,Devil wares prada and the list goes on and on

george_croft
18-01-08, 23:29
By this I mean a film which recieved a lot of bad press and/or reviews.
Mine would have to be Norbit, I dont know why but I honestly found that film hilarious, probobly because of how bad it was, and of coarse Eddie Murphy degrading his carrer by playing a fat woman named 'Rasputia'. :p

Holy crap, I'm not the only one who actually liked Norbit ? :eek:

Angel_14
18-01-08, 23:32
James bond: Die another day
Tomb Raider I

Angelus
18-01-08, 23:38
X-Men III: The Last Stand

Obscure
18-01-08, 23:52
Tomb Raider I
Doom
House of Wax

Although I think none of these films are terrible but they recieved low ratings on imdb. Which practically most films on imdb have anyway so... It's hard to tell.

ajrich17901
18-01-08, 23:55
DONT LAUGH!!

but, Bloodrayne lmao:o

Agent 47
18-01-08, 23:58
DONT LAUGH!!

:D
i aint laughing...............it's so bad even i liked it :vlol:

but the sequel does suck real bad:mad:

george_croft
18-01-08, 23:58
DONT LAUGH!!

Now, that's just sick.

[edit] Oh, and I kinda liked Catwoman.:whi:

ajrich17901
18-01-08, 23:59
i aint laughing...............it's so bad even i liked it :vlol:

but the sequel does suck real bad:mad:

Lol i didnt realy get what was goin on but it stayed on till the end...i refuse to buy the second though lmao:jmp:

Agent 47
19-01-08, 00:04
Lol i didnt realy get what was goin on but it stayed on till the end...i refuse to buy the second though lmao:jmp:

good, avoid the second movie like it has a bad disease :D

Angelus
19-01-08, 00:06
Now, that's just sick.

[edit] Oh, and I kinda liked Catwoman.:whi:

So did I! Even though it was obviously a man doing most of the stunts, and the CGI was soooo obvious.

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 00:07
Shrek 3 - not sure on the reviews, but a lot of my friends didn't like it.

I don't know why the Devil Wears Prada got bad reviews. I mean, it's not the most greatest movie ever, but Meryl Streep kicked ass. Didn't she win an award?

MiCkiZ88
19-01-08, 00:11
Tomb Raider II

I still prefer the first one though. Can't think of any other films atm.

BtoFu
19-01-08, 00:25
The Big Hit. Seriously...it's a gorgeous disaster.

Encore
19-01-08, 00:33
You know, this happens to me a lot. This is why I have no respect for critics, because I have seen them countless times, bashing a movie that I personally think is incredibly well done and original. The reason is because appreciating a movie is a completely subjective thing. Besides critics have the arrogance to presume they know what the purpose of the director was and claim he "failed".

A couple of examples:

Guy Ritchie's Revolver. The most blatant example. It was completely and utterly DESTROYED by critics to the point of claiming the only newspaper that praised it was payed off to do so. Yet it's one of my top 10 movies of all time. Perhaps people are unconfortable with a gangster movie having spiritual depth.
Alexander. Second most blatant example. So far it's the only historical movie I have seen that is 95% accurate to the real history and people (there is only one fictionalized scene in the entire 3 hour movie). The price it payed for being so accurate is being mocked by critics and failing at the box office.
The Fountain. Beautiful masterpiece, it is a cult movie, but the mainstream media and critics bash it for being too cryptic and impossible to understand. It's not impossible. I'm not a genius and I loved the movie.

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 00:36
Signs
Lady In The Water
The Sixth Sense

EDIT- I said Sings twice.

silver_wolf
19-01-08, 00:37
^ ditto! I love lady in the water

Obscure
19-01-08, 00:39
The Sixth Sense

:eek:

What's Sixth Sense doing in the terrible/personal good section?
I thought it was an amazing film and it's got good reviews on imdb :D

BtoFu
19-01-08, 00:41
Alexander. Second most blatant example. So far it's the only historical movie I have seen that is 95% accurate to the real history and people (there is only one fictionalized scene in the entire 3 hour movie). The price it payed for being so accurate is being mocked by critics and failing at the box office.

Colin Farrel's hair made it a disaster of EPIC proportions.

Carbonek_0051
19-01-08, 00:43
I liked:

Bloodrayne
Catwomen
Tomb Raider

ThomasCroft
19-01-08, 00:45
Dead Or Alive. :pi:

Twilight
19-01-08, 00:47
Tomb Raider 1. i just love that movie. i found it highly entertaining.

Catwoman was so/so, i really liked the fight scenes. the whole cat movements + capoeira. but without that, the movie's pretty boring.

Carbonek_0051
19-01-08, 00:47
Dead Or Alive. :pi:

Omg! I wanted to see it:o

Encore
19-01-08, 00:53
Colin Farrel's hair made it a disaster of EPIC proportions.

Yet even that is historically accurate. ;) It was a persian hairstyle Alexander insisted on using to show he accepted persian culture.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 00:53
It's hard for me to answer this question since I really don't know which movies are considered "terrible" because I hardly ever read movie reviews.

I liked the Alone in the Dark movie (mainly because it featured the same actor who played Frost in Blade:p) so I'll say that one because I've seen a lot of people here hate it.

Oh, I also found Norbit to be hilarious in a very immature way :p

I don't know why the Devil Wears Prada got bad reviews. I mean, it's not the most greatest movie ever, but Meryl Streep kicked ass. Didn't she win an award?

That movie got bad reviews? I usually hate those types of movies and even I liked it :p

Mad Tony
19-01-08, 00:54
James bond: Die another dayDie Another Day isn't really unpopular, not as far as I know anyway. :confused:

I'd say the 1998 American Godzilla film. No one seems to like that, but I love it.

Vertigo
19-01-08, 00:55
Sometimes when I`m boring and have nothing to watch, I`m watching Resident Evil Apocalypse....... I`m idiot.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-01-08, 00:56
K-Pax

Encore
19-01-08, 00:57
K-Pax

I absolutely love that movie..

Carbonek_0051
19-01-08, 00:59
Sometimes when I`m boring and have nothing to watch, I`m watching Resident Evil Apocalypse....... I`m idiot.

I'm sorry:o

That movie is just as bad as Britney's career....:vlol:

Jk (i liked her new cd)

It's bad but the third made up for it, Kinda:)

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 01:00
I'd say the 1998 American Godzilla film. No one seems to like that, but I love it.

I really like that movie :D I didn't realize it was unpopular or I would have said it before.

Punaxe
19-01-08, 01:02
DOOM, the movie :D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000CNER22.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That's right, but I was biased... I still play the original game daily :rolleyes:
Plus, I like The Rock :tmb:

Well, even without that bias, at least the first-person scene ruled :)

gtkilla
19-01-08, 01:10
1) Both Tomb Raiders. I honestly don't understand how people hate them so much. :confused: They're both wonderful! :D But then again, I'm biased...:whi:

2) X-Men 3: The Last Stand. HATED by a majority of the fans...and me to an extent. :o But overall, I loved it! :D

3) Spider-Man 3. ^ Same. Hated by the fans (and me...), loved by me. :o

4) Alvin & The Chipmunks. Sure, it's cheesy, but who cares?! It's an adorable kids flick, it's supposed to be like that. :p

I'm sure there's a bunch of others, but these are the only few that come to mind atm. :p

BtoFu
19-01-08, 01:16
Blade: Trinity is really crap but I watch it whenever it's on. Hard to explain why... I'm probably hot for Ryan Reynolds or Kris Kristofferson.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 01:16
3) Spider-Man 3. ^ Same. Hated by the fans (and me...), loved by me. :o

I'm also conflicted about Spiderman 3. Objectively, it was a decent movie. However, I absolutely love Venom so I am extremely angry at how little screen-time he got and at how they mis-portrayed him. I never read the comics, but I used to watch the cartoon from the 90's so I was expecting Venom to look, act and sound like he did there.

Blade: Trinity is really crap but I watch it whenever it's on. Hard to explain why... I'm probably hot for Ryan Reynolds or Kris Kristofferson.

Which one is Ryan Reynolds? I really didn't like Blade: Trinity (despite loving the first two Blade movies) but I seem to remember a blonde male vampire who was pretty hot :cln:

BtoFu
19-01-08, 01:19
He was the hunter fella with the beard and all the cheesy jokes. I like the other two films as well, but this one is so slack for so many reasons.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 01:20
He was the hunter fella with the beard and all the cheesy jokes. I like the other two films as well, but this one is so slack for so many reasons.

Oh, that guy! He really amused me. I like him too :D

As for reasons why I didn't like Blade: Trinity, for starters they had to go and drag Dracula into it. What I liked about Blade was that it was pseudo-scientific, but that went right out the window in Trinity. Secondly, the actor they cast as Dracula didn't fit the role. Maybe it's just because I used to watch the TV series John Doe in which he was the lead actor, but I had a hard time believing him in the Dracula role. Finally, the girl hunter was a complete and total idiot. What sort of moronic human would go up against vampires while wearing an i-pod, thereby depriving herself of the vital sense of hearing? (Also, I have a thing for Frost and for Nomac, but there wasn't anyone like that in Trinity so that's another reason :whi:)

Encore
19-01-08, 01:25
http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/Blade3.jpg

Totally worth the crappy movie. :whi:

DragonSlayer
19-01-08, 01:30
resident evil apocalypse i don't know why people complained about this movie at least it was faithful to the games by including nemisis and carlos and jill.

the fight between nemisis and alice is a highlight of the movie

lj funniest character i liked the scene where he kicked the soldier lying on the ground and the part where he ran over the zombie and said gta :cen: 10 points.

Hack
19-01-08, 01:34
Doom

Aweful movie, but I enjoyed it none the less. Completely unfaithful to the game. I could have wrote a better plotline and I'm stupid.

I think Karl Urban and The Rock did quite a good job with the acting.

The FPS scene made me cringe it was so silly.

Librarian
19-01-08, 01:35
Labyrinth is my favourite movie.

http://bookshelvesofdoom.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/10/jareth_2.jpg

Who could resist? :p

I adore the Resident Evil movies, too.

gtkilla
19-01-08, 01:40
I'm also conflicted about Spiderman 3. Objectively, it was a decent movie. However, I absolutely love Venom so I am extremely angry at how little screen-time he got and at how they mis-portrayed him. I never read the comics, but I used to watch the cartoon from the 90's so I was expecting Venom to look, act and sound like he did there.

Ironically, Venom is one of the main reasons why I dislike the movie. His look is awesome, but everything else about him just sucks. His voice was stupid, they barely distorted it. His team-up with Sandman is pathetic, corny and cliched. He hardly got any lines or screen-time (FIVE MINUTES is all he had out of a two and a half hour film!!). Brock's build-up into Venom was terrible, not much character development, if there was any at all. Brock's motivation for wanting to kill Peter/Spider-Man is a joke. :rolleyes: And on top of all that, they killed him. Making sure to make his skeleton visible in the explosion, then a shot of the Symbiote slowly burning away into nothing...It really felt like Sam had spit into the faces of thousands of fans during that last part.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

But, despite all that, I still enjoyed the movie immensely! :D The first half was excellent, but it started going down really quickly once he got the Symbiote. -_-

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 01:48

Ha ha, yes! I just saw that movie recently and it was terrible, but David Bowie was awesome :D

*Spiderman 3 spoilers for the rest of the post :)*

Ironically, Venom is one of the main reasons why I dislike the movie. His look is awesome, but everything else about him just sucks. His voice was stupid, they barely distorted it. His team-up with Sandman is pathetic, corny and cliched. He hardly got any lines or screen-time (FIVE MINUTES is all he had out of a two and a half hour film!!). Brock's build-up into Venom was terrible, not much character development, if there was any at all. Brock's motivation for wanting to kill Peter/Spider-Man is a joke. :rolleyes: And on top of all that, they killed him. Making sure to make his skeleton visible in the explosion, then a shot of the Symbiote slowly burning away into nothing...It really felt like Sam had spit into the faces of thousands of fans during that last part.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

But, despite all that, I still enjoyed the movie immensely! :D The first half was excellent, but it started going down really quickly once he got the Symbiote. -_-

Yes, that's what I tried to say, although you explained it better :) I liked the way Venom looked but he was a little small compared to how he was in the cartoon (plus the cartoon version of Venom had some really cool pink and blue hilights depending on how the light hit him). The voice is what really killed it for me in the movie :( I must have cringed during Venom's death scene, though, because I don't remember seeing his skeleton or seeing the symbiote evaporate :o

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 01:49
Nothing makes me laugh but to see a man cry in a movie. Don't ask me why. It's very wrong of me. But when I kept seeing Peter Parker cry, I laughed and then puked.

Was horrible. They also cut a lot from the comics as well. Spider Man 3 was as disapointing to me as FF4. I don't know how I managed to watch it all. Just did.

SMSL
19-01-08, 01:53

*High five clap*

Mine are both TR movies, X-Men 3 (didn't even know it had been disliked), Alexander, Troy, Daredevil, Elektra, Van Helsing and 300. Maybe there are more, but I can't remember now.

Sir Croft
19-01-08, 01:59
Hmm, Catwoman.

Encore
19-01-08, 02:05

You pretty much summed up what I think is the worst part of all the worst things Spiderman 3 has. Venom is one of my favourite comic book carachters. Ironically I really like Topher Grace and despite he looks nothing like I imagine Eddie Brock, I was one of the few that was open minded enough to a slight change in his background. The problem is that in Spiderman 3 he hardly has ANY background, and what ****es me off is that Venom is like the dark side version of Peter Parker and, in a movie dedicade to THAT, they don't even bother to develop the parallels. For example, there's not a single mention to the fact that the spider sense doesn't work with Venom, or that Venom knows everything about Peter because they shared the symbiote, hence making Venom unbeatable. Ultimately, Spidey was never able to defeat Venom and showing his death in such a stupid, unimaginative way was the biggest insult of all.

Like you said, I thought the final product was an insult to all true fans of the character, and it looks like Sam got his revenge for being pressured into including Venom, since he doesn't like him and didn't want to feature him in the movie. And it shows.

[/rant] :o

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 02:07
*High five clap*

Mine are both TR movies, X-Men 3 (didn't even know it had been disliked), Alexander, Troy, Daredevil, Elektra, Van Helsing and 300. Maybe there are more, but I can't remember now.

Van Helsing is considered a bad movie? :eek: That's one of my favorites! :D

[/rant]

:p Your "rant" is dead-on accurate.

gtkilla
19-01-08, 02:08
Yes, that's what I tried to say, although you explained it better :) I liked the way Venom looked but he was a little small compared to how he was in the cartoon (plus the cartoon version of Venom had some really cool pink and blue hilights depending on how the light hit him). The voice is what really killed it for me in the movie :( I must have cringed during Venom's death scene, though, because I don't remember seeing his skeleton or seeing the symbiote evaporate :o

Oh no....I'm so glad that they didn't make him purple! I can't tell you how much I complained about his purple tint when early pics of him were leaked. :p He has a blue-ish tint in the movie, though, which looks fine and is only noticeable during a few scenes, but I still would've preferred jet black. It didn't bother me that much. His size was fine as well, IMO. Topher's tiny skinny head would've looked ridiculous on a classic-sized Venom! :p I liked how they made him a doppelganger/mirror-image type-character to Spider-Man, though, so it wouldn't have had the same effect if he was a hulking-sized beast compared to Spidey.

Here's a clip of the death scene. It points out his skeleton and you can see the symbiote burning away at the bottom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcOXcySaysM

Depressing...:(

SMSL
19-01-08, 02:13
Van Helsing is considered a bad movie? :eek: That's one of my favorites! :D
It was my favourite till 300. 8)

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 02:17
Oh no....I'm so glad that they didn't make him purple! I can't tell you how much I complained about his purple tint when early pics of him were leaked. :p He has a blue-ish tint in the movie, though, which looks fine and is only noticeable during a few scenes, but I still would've preferred jet black. It didn't bother me that much. His size was fine as well, IMO. Topher's tiny skinny head would've looked ridiculous on a classic-sized Venom! :p I liked how they made him a doppelganger/mirror-image type-character to Spider-Man, though, so it wouldn't have had the same effect if he was a hulking-sized beast compared to Spidey.

I definitely did not want Venom to be purple. That would have been awful! :vlol: I just meant that in the cartoon, Venom had red and blue shimmers on opposite sides of his body (I think that was their attempt to make him remind the viewer of Spiderman since Spidey's costume is red and blue). I found a clip on Youtube which shows the cartoon version of Venom. I had forgotten how hulking Eddie Brock was before he became Venom. They totally should have gotten someone else to play Eddie/Venom in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0n7_SXWzc

Here's a clip of the death scene. It points out his skeleton and you can see the symbiote burning away at the bottom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcOXcySaysM

Depressing...:(

Aw, now I'm sad :(

It was my favourite till 300. 8)

Hm. I thought 300 had a LOT of great one-liners, but I had trouble taking it seriously as a movie :o (Plus the Friar from Van Helsing totally did not have that hot body from 300 in real life :p)

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-01-08, 02:19
The Tomb Raider movies, Clueless, The Marine, the list goes on... :D

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 02:19
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Was total disapointment. But meh, it's a pirates movie.

Indiana Croft
19-01-08, 02:21
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Was total disapointment. But meh, it's a pirates movie.

I loved that movie!!! What was bad about it?

Evangelina
19-01-08, 02:22
Tomb Raider 1
Norbit
A Clockwork Orange (Excellent movie, yet A lot of people hated it and still do)
Grandmas Boy (Terrible, yet really funny!)

Signs
The Sixth Sense

The Sixth Sense had bad reviews? but I love that movie :eek:
I faintly remember liking signs

SMSL
19-01-08, 02:24
Hm. I thought 300 had a LOT of great one-liners, but I had trouble taking it seriously as a movie :o
My best friend liked it, but when we watched it together, she said in the end: "Did we just see a movie? I can't tell, all I could see were torsos! Yum!". I liked many aspects of it, but the fact it has my favourite actor (Gerard Butler), my favourite Latin actor (Rodrigo Santoro) and the gorgeous sight of Stelios' figure alone would be enough for me to like it. I'm easy to please, heehee!

Twilight
19-01-08, 02:25

i LOVE that movie! the best pirate fight & wedding scene & everything else!!

(i still cant believe its under the Disney title, lol.)

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 02:30
i LOVE that movie! the best pirate fight & wedding scene & everything else!!

(i still cant believe its under the Disney title, lol.)

Indeed :D I really enjoyed Pirates 3 (probaby because I saw Pirates 2 for the first time and then literally 30 minutes later I was sitting in the theater watching Pirates 3, so I didn't have to wait a year in between). As the movie began, I sat there thinking, "Oh wow, did I just see a little boy get hanged in a Disney movie?!?" :vlol:

gtkilla
19-01-08, 02:33
You pretty much summed up what I think is the worst part of all the worst things Spiderman 3 has. Venom is one of my favourite comic book carachters. Ironically I really like Topher Grace and despite he looks nothing like I imagine Eddie Brock, I was one of the few that was open minded enough to a slight change in his background. The problem is that in Spiderman 3 he hardly has ANY background, and what ****es me off is that Venom is like the dark side version of Peter Parker and, in a movie dedicade to THAT, they don't even bother to develop the parallels. For example, there's not a single mention to the fact that the spider sense doesn't work with Venom, or that Venom knows everything about Peter because they shared the symbiote, hence making Venom unbeatable. Ultimately, Spidey was never able to defeat Venom and showing his death in such a stupid, unimaginative way was the biggest insult of all.

Like you said, I thought the final product was an insult to all true fans of the character, and it looks like Sam got his revenge for being pressured into including Venom, since he doesn't like him and didn't want to feature him in the movie. And it shows.

[/rant] :o

And you summed up my feelings as well. :D In the end, though, I blame Avi Arad and Sony for pressuring him into including all these different characters. If they had just backed up and had let him do his thing, I'm so sure that we would've gotten a MUCH better film. One that isn't an embarrassment to one of the best Superhero film franchises. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif Hope they don't mess up again with SM4. :rolleyes:

I definitely did not want Venom to be purple. That would have been awful! :vlol: I just meant that in the cartoon, Venom had red and blue shimmers on opposite sides of his body (I think that was their attempt to make him remind the viewer of Spiderman since Spidey's costume is red and blue). I found a clip on Youtube which shows the cartoon version of Venom. I had forgotten how hulking Eddie Brock was before he became Venom. They totally should have gotten someone else to play Eddie/Venom in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0n7_SXWzc

Great video, brought back memories. :hug:

Wow, all these years I had always assumed that was the light reflecting off his costume. :o It makes perfect sense too (red tint to remind viewers of Spidey's costume). But, I think Sam wanted to avoid any kind of Carnage/symbiotic character connections, that's why they didn't include it. Plus, the distorted web patterns on Venom's suit they used would've been enough to remind viewers.

Yeah, Venom should've totally been re-casted. Anyone but a puny stick like Topher Grace. =p Although, I don't think that would've helped his character that much. =/

BTW, PotC 2 & 3 suck!!!!:ton: :ton: :ton:

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 02:34
Reason why I hated the third Pirates movie is because they cut a lot from the movie. The original script was changed. I can tell you exactly what was going to happen in the movie. You'd be very, very shocked. BTW, this script and source is reliable.

I thought this movie went backwards a bit with the characters. Especially Jack. He was suppose to evolve a bit because he has layers. It failed.

The best for me was Pirates 1 and 2.

Not to mention the plot holes.

Oh, and trying to cover plot holes with CGI :rolleyes:.

gtkilla
19-01-08, 02:43
Reason why I hated the third Pirates movie is because they cut a lot from the movie. The original script was changed. I can tell you exactly what was going to happen in the movie. You'd be very, very shocked. BTW, this script and source is reliable.

I thought this movie went backwards a bit with the characters. Especially Jack. He was suppose to evolve a bit because he has layers. It failed.

The best for me was Pirates 1 and 2.

Not to mention the plot holes.

Oh, and trying to cover plot holes with CGI :rolleyes:.

PotC is just a failure of a franchise, IMO. 2 & 3 were just there to milk the "Sparrow cow". :rolleyes: He's not even that funny or interesting, I have no clue what the obsession with him is all about. =/

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 02:50
PotC is just a failure of a franchise, IMO. 2 & 3 were just there to milk the "Sparrow cow". :rolleyes: He's not even that funny or interesting, I have no clue what the obsession with him is all about. =/

I half agree with you there. The adding comedy to Jack Sparrow for the third was exagerating. There were great moments in pirates 1 and 2 where he was serious. Shows depth in character. Like all characters has.

But about the obesseion, not sure if I speak for all but he is the kind of pirate that is different from all pirates. He's not only a bit "goofy" but he can be 10 steps ahead from every one. That's what is so attracting of Jack Sparrow. He looks goofy when he is actually witty and very, very smart.

Aside that he is hot...:).

Twilight
19-01-08, 02:57
I half agree with you there. The adding comedy to Jack Sparrow for the third was exagerating. There were great moments in pirates 1 and 2 where he was serious. Shows depth in character. Like all characters has.

But about the obesseion, not sure if I speak for all but he is the kind of pirate that is different from all pirates. He's not only a bit "goofy" but he can be 10 steps ahead from every one. That's what is so attracting of Jack Sparrow. He looks goofy when he is actually witty and very, very smart.

Aside that he is hot...:).

yea, it was a bit too much with the whole comedy thing. and some ppl think just cuz its johnny depp, hes hot or whatever. (tho i must say, i agree)

but i still love it. Elizabeth evolved the most throughout the 3 films.
i love the wedding scene. so much better than those boring typical ones in other films.

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 03:00
I know people are going to throw me tomatoes but I don't like Will Turner for Elizabeth lol. I never did. And this third movie was bad enough.

Like I said....I had my contacts ;).

Indiana Croft
19-01-08, 03:07
I thought that POTC3 was the best one! I guess I must have missed the memo:( Oh well, I still like it:)

Encore
19-01-08, 03:15
I don't think a Pirate movie needs a lot of character development to be a good movie. PotC 1 worked because it had everything in the correct amounts: comedy, action, plot development. The other 2 movies could be great and there is lots I like about them (like Davy Jones, for instance!), but they fail at two things: they exagerate on the comedy (PotC 2) and on the plot twists and complications (PotC 3).
That said, I think Jack Sparrow is one of the best and most unique characters ever created for a movie. It should suffice to say he was nominated for an Oscar, a BAFTA and a Golden Globe - for a friggin Pirate movie!!! He doesn't need anything more or less in any of the 3 movies, he's simply perfect.

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 03:23
The problem since Pirates 2 was left with a cliffhanger, pirates 3 was rushed.

I think the balance with comedy and action was very well done with both movies. Jack Sparrow's character has evolved as well from the first movie to pirates 2. The third took Jack's character to the first. Was bad.

hera7days
19-01-08, 03:27
PotC 3 is one of my favorite movies. About halfway through, I stopped trying to understand it. I was just like, "Whoa, that happened!" and "Whoa, lookit all those people" and "Whoa, Jack is totally hitting on that goat." I call it the movie I like to watch when I don't feel like thinking, 'cause if I do, I'll be hurting.

I liked X-Men 3, as well.

Encore
19-01-08, 03:34
PotC 3 is one of my favorite movies. About halfway through, I stopped trying to understand it. I was just like, "Whoa, that happened!" and "Whoa, lookit all those people" and "Whoa, Jack is totally hitting on that goat." I call it the movie I like to watch when I don't feel like thinking, 'cause if I do, I'll be hurting.

ahahah :vlol: that's my approach now as well!

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 03:42
I find the Giant Tia a bit bleh. Kind of reminds me of the Green Giant.

hera7days
19-01-08, 03:47

Yeah, that part was dumb. They should've at least made her eyes glow or something. But just making her giant doesn't make her look like a god, just a giant.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 05:14

I was going to make a comment about milking the Sparrow cow, but then I realized it could be taken another way :vlol: As for what I see in Jack Sparrow, when it comes to fiction I love crazy characters, and Jack is definitely crazy :D

That part was just weird, and then when she turned into a bunch of crabs I literally jumped up a few inches because I realized she had helped Jack escape the Locker. I didn't think Pirates 3 was that complicated story-wise, but then again I think in a very convoluted and messed-up way so I usually get wrapped up in stories that are convoluted :p

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 05:18
Problem is that I tend to annalyze movies :p. Ted and Terry, the writers of POTC, have a tendancy to add symbols in these movies.

There were too many plot holes in POTC that gave "wtf moments." CGI was pretty cool but it was used too much to fill in those plot holes.

Also, Keith Richards. Did he kicked ass or what? :D. But he didn't last that long, though :(.

BtoFu
19-01-08, 05:30
Finally, the girl hunter was a complete and total idiot. What sort of moronic human would go up against vampires while wearing an i-pod, thereby depriving herself of the vital sense of hearing?

Yeah that's so ridiculous. What's funny though is that Apple didn't give them any royalties for basically making an iPod commercial...so it was all for naught and as you already noted - was really moronic.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 05:33
There were too many plot holes in POTC that gave "wtf moments." CGI was pretty cool but it was used too much to fill in those plot holes.

I'm too accepting when it comes to plot holes. I usually make up an explanation for them without even realizing I'm doing it :p Can you give some examples from Pirates 3? I thought everything tied up nicely, but then again I can't remember which parts were actually in the movie and which parts were just my interpretation.

Yeah that's so ridiculous. What's funny though is that Apple didn't give them any royalties for basically making an iPod commercial...so it was all for naught and as you already noted - was really moronic.

Gah, they didn't even get any money for that? How stupid :p

Conway
19-01-08, 05:41
A lot actually. One of my favorites would be Next starring Nicolas Cage and Jessica Biel, which got REALLY low review scores.

oocladableeblah
19-01-08, 05:42
The best terrible film ever is Attack of the Sabertooth. :vlol: it's so bad it's funny. Pretty much all scifi movies are bad, but good.

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 05:47
I'm too accepting when it comes to plot holes. I usually make up an explanation for them without even realizing I'm doing it :p Can you give some examples from Pirates 3? I thought everything tied up nicely, but then again I can't remember which parts were actually in the movie and which parts were just my interpretation.

OK lol. Here are some what I like to call, the wtf moments of POTC 3.

Warning, spoilers ahead!

Most of it had to do with the Flying Dutchman curse. That whoever is captain must sail the seas forever and step on land once every 10 years. Once you're captain, you're heart belongs to the Dutchman. So it gets placed on a chest. Whoever stabs the heart, takes place as the captain of the Flying Dutchman. Because the ship must always have it's captain to rescue the lost souls from the men at sea.

What it wasn't explained was the suppose "breaking" of the curse. You remember that scene when Jack took Will's hand and stabbed Davy's heart so Will could live. So now Will becomes captain and his heart gets placed on a chest. I'm going to try to go fast forward here. The ending leaves with doubts. Because supposely, written in some musical or something, the curse of the FD can be broken if that lover appears that one day after ten years. If that lover is faithful to you, then the curse is broken. It wasn't explained in the movie at all. The writers couldn't filled in that part and so what you see in the movie, is what you get. In other words, make your own conclusions.

Leaves with the question of weather Elizabeth is willing to wait Will every 10 years while she ages and Will, since he is immortal, doesn't. So what will happen? Did it break? The curse wasn't explained well enough.

Getting bored yet? Because there's more :o.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 05:53
OK lol. Here are some what I like to call, the wtf moments of POTC 3.

Warning, spoilers ahead!

Most of it had to do with the Flying Dutchman curse.

When I saw the movie, I drew the conclusion that Jack and Elizabeth would find the fountain of youth, so then Elizabeth would be immortal too (but mostly Jack, which is the character I care about :D). I read about the breaking of the curse online after I saw the movie, so now I think that's what happened and they just didn't have time to put it into the movie. I saw it again on DVD recently and I was surprised that there weren't any extras which mentioned it. So, I agree that it's unsatisfyingly open, but at least on that point the movie didn't contradict itself. What else have you got? :D

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 06:13
OK, here are some :D.

Spoilers

This one involves between Will and Elizabeth. They both have hard times trusting each other. You already know what happened by the end of Pirates 2.The kiss of death between Jack and Elizabeth that literally had him chained to his death.

What got me annoyed was Will pushing her a bit then the sappy scenes with them both together arguing then crying blah blah. There was a scene after they rescued Jack that Elizabeth goes where they store the rum and is crying. Will comes down and question her about the incident with Jack. He says on how he cannot trust her if she keeps hiding from him etc. She says he can't trust her.

What gets every one baffled and a wtf moment is that all of the sudden, he asked her to marry him. After all those moments of not trusting each other, that kind of comes out of nowhere. I find it to be forced because since they were in a middle of the storm created by Tia, then it was more a desperation to get married. Which also questions if Elizabeth really can be faithful to Will. She did kissed Jack as described by the writers something that meant a lot to Elizabeth. Then saying that Will can't trust her.

Though, there were symbolism that it was probably destined for them both to marry then the marriage being doomed. But I think you're eyes are getting tired a bit lol.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 06:24
OK, here are some :D.

Spoilers

This one involves between Will and Elizabeth.

But I think you're eyes are getting tired a bit lol.

Nah, I'm fine :D I honestly thought Will was a few tools short of a full shed, so it made sense to me that he'd forget everything and forgive Elizabeth when he thought they were both going to die. As for whether Elizabeth would be faithful, I think so because there's no way Jack would come back for more abuse so she'd have no choice :p

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 06:38
Nah, I'm fine :D I honestly thought Will was a few tools short of a full shed, so it made sense to me that he'd forget everything and forgive Elizabeth when he thought they were both going to die. As for whether Elizabeth would be faithful, I think so because there's no way Jack would come back for more abuse so she'd have no choice :p

Acutally, I wasn't talking about her coming to cheat Will with Jack lol. But she had her doubts. There were doubts. And a lot were a bit confused. I didn't like on how pushy Will was.

I absolutely hate the ending. Jack is always Jack. But they went backwards with his character. He was suppose to evolve more. Instead they left him in a dingy with the map of Fountain of Youth. It's nice to leave that open for a possible 4th. But, Jerry Bruckheimer, the producer, said this is it. This is the end of the pirates era so no more. So they didn'tdo a very well job closing all chapters. Especially Jack's. The original script is entirely different from the movie! Drives me crazy.

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 06:46
Acutally, I wasn't talking about her coming to cheat Will with Jack lol. But she had her doubts. There were doubts. And a lot were a bit confused. I didn't like on how pushy Will was.

I just don't like Will or Elizabeth very much, so I didn't pay too much attention to them :o

I absolutely hate the ending. Jack is always Jack. But they went backwards with his character. He was suppose to evolve more. Instead they left him in a dingy with the map of Fountain of Youth. It's nice to leave that open for a possible 4th. But, Jerry Bruckheimer, the producer, said this is it. This is the end of the pirates era so no more. So they didn'tdo a very well job closing all chapters. Especially Jack's. The original script is entirely different from the movie! Drives me crazy.

As long as Jack is Jack, I'm happy :p I liked the ending with him looking for the Fountain of Youth because it showed to me that he was still the same character and he hadn't changed too much from the character I like. If the movie had ended with Jack all mature and reformed, then it would have been the ending and it would have felt too closed for me. I usually like closure in stories, but for certain characters like Jack, I want the ending to be open so that I can think he's still out there up to his usual tricks and going on adventures :D I would still be interested to read the original script if it is online anywhere :)

rowanlim
19-01-08, 06:57
James Bond Die Another Day
XMen 3: The Last Stand
Pirates of the Carribean 3: At World's End

Geck-o-Lizard
19-01-08, 09:34
Hackers (http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/hackers/). It's, like, my favourite film EVER. :vlol:

tomblover
19-01-08, 09:50
Tomb Raider movies, DOA: Dead Or Alive, and Catwoman. :p

McGloomy
19-01-08, 09:51
I enjoyed Eragon... :D

Rivendell
19-01-08, 09:51
Most of it had to do with the Flying Dutchman curse. That whoever is captain must sail the seas forever and step on land once every 10 years. Once you're captain, you're heart belongs to the Dutchman. So it gets placed on a chest. Whoever stabs the heart, takes place as the captain of the Flying Dutchman. Because the ship must always have it's captain to rescue the lost souls from the men at sea.

What it wasn't explained was the suppose "breaking" of the curse. You remember that scene when Jack took Will's hand and stabbed Davy's heart so Will could live. So now Will becomes captain and his heart gets placed on a chest. I'm going to try to go fast forward here. The ending leaves with doubts. Because supposely, written in some musical or something, the curse of the FD can be broken if that lover appears that one day after ten years. If that lover is faithful to you, then the curse is broken. It wasn't explained in the movie at all. The writers couldn't filled in that part and so what you see in the movie, is what you get. In other words, make your own conclusions.

What curse? :confused:

I always saw the job of the FD and its captain as just a 'job'. The ship has it's heart, and the captain can only step on land once every 10 years.
If the captain doesn't do his duty, he goes all tentacled and squid-like, like Davy Jones.

When DJ's heart was stabbed, and the FD got a fresh one from Will everything reset itself - and would probably revert if he didn't do his duty of ferrying the dead to the other side.

Are you referring to the fact they can only step on land once every 10 years as the curse?
Meh, whether their loved ones were there or not - I took that as an optional once-a-decade daytrip. ;)

"You can go on land today if you want."
"No, it's ok I'll just stay here and read a good book."

Elysia
19-01-08, 09:52
Conan the Barbarian / Destroyer - just an excuse to show off Arnie's rippling muscles (gah, they're nasty... I appreciate a well made chap as much as the next person, but he's just waaay too over the top! Now if they re-made those movies and made Momoa Conan... :cln: (actually, no. I think I would definitely have some kind of seizure. Fantasy barbarian stereotype played by Ronon? Just thinking about it makes me feel a bit faint and funny... :o) I know, but they're just fantastic. Same goes for Hawk the Slayer, Sword and the Sorcerer, Clash of the Titans and all the Sinbad movies - utter, utter tripe (apart from Ray Harryhausen's models - they rule no matter what), but my penchant for ****e fantasy knows no bounds... (well, okay, actually, it does. Even I draw the line at the Dungeons and Dragons movie - that was utterly appalling, made even more so since I am someone who plays D&D and has done for years, and therefore I was allegedly their target audience!)

Razor Blade Smile - British vampire movie that's so bloody (hehehee, can you see what I did there?) awful it's just excellent. I scarred a friend for life with it... she says she'll never forgive me for lending it to her! :p

The second Mummy movie. Incomprehensible twaddle yes, but I thought it was fun... and Ardeth Bey (Oded Fehr) is in it. I watched Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigalow because Oded Fehr was in it... (whoa, I can't believe I admitted to that! That's a major admission - I've never told *anyone* I watched that movie before!). However, I thought DB:MG was utter rubbish (even Fehr couldn't save it because despite being pretty, he wasn't being all moody and Arabic ('Dance for me, wench! I said DANCE!'... :eek: Oh, lordie, I'm sooo sorry... I don't know where that came from! Uh... *coughs* Carry on....), so personal interest factor wasn't there...), but The Mummy Returns was great!

Not seen the 3rd Pirates movie yet (Hubby was less than interested so I'm going to by it come pay day), so am avoiding all spoilers! :p

vespertea
19-01-08, 10:09
Silent Hill. :rolleyes:

ajrich17901
19-01-08, 10:11

No thats a good movie scared the crap out of me:jmp:

Rivendell
19-01-08, 10:37
Finally thought of one:

Honey I shrunk the Kids

It's not the best film ever made, but it's a great one!

Drone
19-01-08, 10:47
The Truman Show :tmb:

DickDan
19-01-08, 10:59
Matrix 2 and 3. I can't understand why people hated them so much

RAID
19-01-08, 11:00
Elektra was considered to be a terrible movie, but I liked it.

Beanz
19-01-08, 11:00
Catwoman, even though everyone else hated it :D

vespertea
19-01-08, 11:08
No thats a good movie scared the crap out of me:jmp:

No joke. :vlol: Especially the finale.

Most people, at least most SH fans, thought it was trash. I think I'm one of the few that liked it.

Oh, and I also forgot -- The Village. Everyone I know hated that movie, but I thought it was amazing. I'm a Shyamalan guy, though, so I'll like anything he churns out.

RAID
19-01-08, 11:10
Catwoman, even though everyone else hated it :D
I loved that movie :D

la-la-lara
19-01-08, 11:11
http://www.scoremagacine.com/Resena_fotos.php?item=Portada&Codigo=293

:o I liked this one.
And Shia LaBeouf is so good-looking...

MikeAC
19-01-08, 11:40
:o I liked this one.
And Shia LaBeouf is so good-looking...
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/3906/09te6pi7.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Angel_14
19-01-08, 12:47
Die Another Day isn't really unpopular, not as far as I know anyway. :confused:

As far I've seen it, it received low ratings on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, but I don't really know.

Thorir
19-01-08, 12:58
Alexander.
Colin Farrell and Jared Leto... :o *Sighs*

Nannonxyay
19-01-08, 13:02
Spider man 3. I loved that movie, despite the bad reviews. I really don't see the problem everyone had with it, the only thing that spoilt it for me was the fact That the butler knew that Peter didn't kill Harry's dad, (How did he know, he wasn't there!) and why he told Harry right near the end after he got his face blown up. :vlol: Alexander.
Colin Farrell and Jared Leto... :o *Sighs*

I want to see that movie, soo badly! Gimme Jared Leto any day! :cln:

Thorir
19-01-08, 13:04
Jared Leto in make-up, is just a bonus! :o

Plus, it has great locations and sets!

Naz2000
19-01-08, 13:21
I am Legend - It's alright but not half as good as I had expected

Punaxe
19-01-08, 13:50

You mean...

http://www.poster.net/blade/blade-trinity-jessica-biel-as-abigail-david-s-goyer-3701178.jpg

Tthe Spirit
19-01-08, 14:15
BEYOND BORDERS.
I cant beleive how critics criticized this awsome movie.

digitizedboy
19-01-08, 14:22
I actually liked Mortal Kombat. :) I just thought it was a decent enough game to movie adaption. With some damn good fight sequences to boot. :D

nicola1986
19-01-08, 14:38

I adore the Resident Evil movies, too.

Agreed :D

TombRaiderLover
19-01-08, 15:02
Resident Evil - received bad reviews, but it has a cult following and I'm one of those who enjoyed it

Tomb Raider - received bad reviews, but I think it's a fairly entertaining film

Million Dollar Hotel - very underrated. I really enjoyed it. ;)

M.A.
19-01-08, 16:01
The ones I can recall right this moment:

The Village - The reviews hate it but I went and watched it. And it entered my "WTF? *picks up jaw* ending list". :D

Shoot 'Em Up - One of the recent ones that I watched ALONE (nobody wants to go.. :() in the theatre. Directly after the movie, I went to the nearest arcade game center and spent 10 dollars worth of tokens playing shooting games... :D

BTW, i have a tendency to like movies and musics that majority don't really prefer. So I ended up most of the time watching movies alone (it has almost become a tradition now, i don't bother asking anybody to come along anymore) and having obscure music that nobody enjoys besides me... :(

Anobody else shares my predicement?

digitizedboy
19-01-08, 16:10
The ones I can recall right this moment:

The Village - The reviews hate it but I went and watched it. And it entered my "WTF? *picks up jaw* ending list". :D

Shoot 'Em Up - One of the recent ones that I watched ALONE (nobody wants to go.. :() in the theatre. Directly after the movie, I went to the nearest arcade game center and spent 10 dollars worth of tokens playing shooting games... :D

BTW, i have a tendency to like movies and musics that majority don't really prefer. So I ended up most of the time watching movies alone (it has almost become a tradition now, i don't bother asking anybody to come along anymore) and having obscure music that nobody enjoys besides me... :(

Anobody else shares my predicement?

I thought the village was very clever, I liked it personally.

Haven't seen Shoot 'Em Up yet. But I do like it when the theaters are empty. More space, and less distractions from people coughing or getting up all the time. :D

CuteKittenlol
19-01-08, 16:39

I'm with you there, I think that movie is awesome :D One of my favourites, in fact, I even watched it again a couple of days ago :p

ajrich17901
19-01-08, 16:39
resident evil 1

Vertigo
19-01-08, 16:51
Resident Evil - received bad reviews, but it has a cult following and I'm one of those who enjoyed it

Tomb Raider - received bad reviews, but I think it's a fairly entertaining film

Million Dollar Hotel - very underrated. I really enjoyed it. ;)

Oh man, I`m already in love with you! lol No, really I love Million Dollar Hotel! It was pretty depressing movie, I bought it even becoz I was a huge U2 fan and Bono has wrote the screenplay and he was in episode (more easter egg:p). But I like it!!

BtoFu
19-01-08, 17:59
Driller Killer is lame but I quite like it. That constant bass in the background. :cool:

Paperdoll
19-01-08, 18:26

Probably Ryan :cln:

But don't say that, you'll make Dawson cry :(

As far as terrible movies go... eeh... does Braindead/Dead Alive count? If so then yeah XD

And don't even get me started on Spider-Man 3... I never ever ever criticise a movie I haven't seen but seeing bits and pieces of this one... god. I felt violated. I have yet to watch it all but I'm afraid I might slit my wrists half way through it X_X

TombRaiderLover
19-01-08, 19:37
Oh man, I`m already in love with you! lol No, really I love Million Dollar Hotel! It was pretty depressing movie, I bought it even becoz I was a huge U2 fan and Bono has wrote the screenplay and he was in episode (more easter egg:p). But I like it!!
*backs away* Lol. :p

I first saw the film on TV and loved it. I usually have a similar opinion to the general critical view, so I was shocked to find that the film was given negative reviews. The DVD is pretty hard to track down now, (having been released in the year 2000.) However, several sites have listed a new Million Dollar Hotel DVD for January 28th in the UK. What's bizarre is no official announcement has been issued. So I'm guessing it's just a re-release with the same content.

;)

BToFu - Have that film on DVD. It's pretty bad. Though I like the gritty tone.

Laurencarter
19-01-08, 19:53
House of Wax

touchthesky
19-01-08, 19:57
Pet semetary
Dead Silence
Halloween 5
Friday the 13th part 5

Angelus
19-01-08, 21:49

I love that film! :D

Haha, I love that film as well!

Dance, magic dance...

Tell me about it. It's the only film that I've fell asleep to in the cinema. And it just does not make sense at all.

Nathan0107
19-01-08, 21:51
Harry Potter And The Order of the pheonix even though it wus dissapointing it wus enjoyable :D

Vertigo
19-01-08, 22:07
Also Ultraviolet..... I hate this movie, but I like Milla in it. Her hair, clothes and action are cool :D

Twilight
19-01-08, 22:08
Also Ultraviolet..... I hate this movie, but I like Milla in it. Her hair, clothes and action are cool :D

i heard that it was bad but the action/fighting sequences were good.

Spitfire
19-01-08, 22:11
Tank Girl
Without a doubt one of my all time favorite movies! To many amazing lines and humor to be found in this 'terrible' movie.

danitiwa
19-01-08, 22:21
Blades of Glory. >_>

scion05
19-01-08, 22:24
Pet semetary
Dead Silence
Halloween 5
Friday the 13th part 5

Yeah, i really love it too! Incredible film atmosphere, and a totally
fresh and very 80's score :D :p :D

da tomb raider!
19-01-08, 22:27
Catwoman... :whi: Well, at least I'm honest. :p

danitiwa
19-01-08, 22:39
Catwoman... :whi: Well, at least I'm honest. :p

The Halle Berry one? TBH I love that one.

da tomb raider!
19-01-08, 22:40
The Halle Berry one? TBH I love that one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. :D

Vertigo
19-01-08, 23:01
Tank Girl
Without a doubt one of my all time favorite movies! To many amazing lines and humor to be found in this 'terrible' movie.

I wanna see it! I`m a graphic novel painter (actually at the beginning of my amazing career:tea:) and I wanna see this screen adaptation! Is it really good?

la-la-lara
20-01-08, 12:40
[img]

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

WTF! :vlol:

I was just ironic, don't misunderstand me. I should have put a smilie. ;)

Anyway, I did like the movie.

trXD
20-01-08, 12:42
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. :D

If your both talking about catwoman then, ME TOO!

Nemo_91
20-01-08, 12:46
- Ultraviolet
- Tomb Raider movies
- Elektra

Seb_01225
20-01-08, 13:40
norbit, tomb raider movies!

Nannonxyay
20-01-08, 15:33
Blades of Glory. >_>

:vlol: That movies hilarious! I love it! :wve:

Veronica Ma
20-01-08, 22:57
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure :vlol: :vlol:

Shark_Blade
21-01-08, 00:37
House of The Dead.

I mean the women take their top off for no reason and when the zombies attack they have this matrix like scene shooting weapons so "awesome-like" yet they had never hold a gun in their life ever. Oh, and the story suck big time. A male underwear model? Big deal, that doesn't help the plot what so ever!

But I still kinda enjoyed it eventhough it's dreadfully terrible. :pi:

@Nannonxyay: I find that movie is kinda like "I Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" :vlol:

Chiki Mina
21-01-08, 00:39
Wild Wild West. It's a guilty pleassure. Will Smith is hot and I like his theme music :o.

Postalisback
21-01-08, 03:54
Yes, the first Tomb Raider movie I loved it, I saw Cradle of Life and didnt like it at all, dont understand the reasoning for that though.

Also Peter Jackson's 'Braindead' that film is a laugh, think it got bad reviews though, I love it personally :D

A Clockwork Orange as well? since it was banned and all. :)

TR 4 LIFE
21-01-08, 04:19
Holy crap, I'm not the only one who actually liked Norbit ? :eek:

Well you just found another guy who likes it too! I thought that movie was halarious!!!:vlol::vlol::vlol: It's one of my favorites!:D

AJRoberts87
21-01-08, 04:25
The only ones I can think of right now are:

-"Hook" (w/ Robin Williams) Watched it recently and still think it's a fairly decent flick. Then again, I have childhood nostalgia attached to it, so I dunno. :p
-"Black Christmas" (the remake) :pi: So terrible that I actually... kinda... liked it. Sort of.
-"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (w/ Donald Sutherland) Childhood nostalgia involved with this one too. :p
-"A Clockwork Orange" I liked it more as it progressed. By the end I was so enthralled. :o

There are probably a ton more that I can't think of at the moment, lol.

TombRaiderLover
21-01-08, 07:09
A Clockwork Orange as well? since it was banned and all. :)

That's not really a "terrible" film, since it won awards, was critically acclaimed and is now considered one of the greatest films ever made. :p

Survival
21-01-08, 08:32
Pet semetary
Dead Silence

Actually these two films got plenty of positive reviews I would never consider any of them terrible. But I liked them to so I agree with you there :)

Angelus
21-01-08, 10:29
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"You threw a knife... at my head!"

Soooo cheesy but fun. :D

BtoFu
22-01-08, 04:21
Here's one some of you are going to come back and say you liked, I just know it. It looks like... The Karate Kid reinvisioned and crapped on by Rob Cohen and produced by the peeps who brought you Dismissed and The Real World.

TmDzyS6LRto

Ada the Mental
22-01-08, 13:33
Well Van Helsing comes to mind. It pretty much sucks. But you know...I like it.:p
It's dumb, and cheesy and everything but I thought it was fun. And it has Hugh Jackman (:cln:) and an awesome werewolf transformation.

dinahcat
22-01-08, 15:03
My all time favorite ... "Hudson Hawk" (Danny Aiello and Bruce Willis rawk!)

digitizedboy
22-01-08, 15:14
plan 9 from outer space. :p