PDA

View Full Version : What were some of your Tomb Raider Dreams?

TombFreak
19-01-08, 01:06
The title says it! :p

I once had a dream about that I was on vaction, and I was taking a tour guide through this cave. Then Fluffie pops up and chases everyone and kills most of them, I got away though.

It can be any Tomb Raider and any experience, just detail your dream!

Reggie
19-01-08, 01:08
I dreamt of TR:AE and having a chance to play it on one of those in-store machines. :(
I've been on plenty of adventures...not sure if they're necessarily TRing ones though.

PARANOIA
19-01-08, 01:19
You mean the non-wet ones?

They've mostly all been about TR2 and TR3.

Quasimodo
19-01-08, 01:24
I dreamt I was Lara doing those consecutive flips and handsprings around her manor. It was fun :jmp:

Librarian
19-01-08, 01:29
I only remember one really well... I was sliding down the huge slope at the beginning of the Indian levels in TRIII, being chased by a bull. There was more to it, but I can't remember what else happened :pi:

I'm pretty sure I've had other dreams where I've actually been Lara, doing huge jumps - almost flying - all over the place... but it's really vague.

Last night I dreamt I went to the wedding of a Colombian family, and the night before I dreamt I was at an engagement party. wtf :p

Twilight
19-01-08, 01:37
i had....4 TR dreams. all at different times:

1 felt like i was playing TR2, in the Himalayas, these wolves came, then some bad guys; the level design was surreal, expansive, confusing and fun.

another one i was playing TR2 or TR3 and lara was running thru some bronze/gold place with statues and jumped into the water. it was short.

the third one was of TR Legend. i was playin in England, it was huge and almost felt like on the PS3. i knew it was England but it resembled the Ghana tomb, it had a huge lake thing. lara was talking to zip about somefing. then lara slipped & somewhat ragdoll death died. it was fun.....now that i think about it, it sort of looked like TRU. but i had this dream like 2 years ago.

the third was mixed with KH. it was another gold room, with 2 platforms and u had to go to the other than to the top of the stairs or somefing. and the entrance door led to outer space where something was trying to attack u? vierd, but fun.

i usually have dreams about games/tv/movies if i focus on them alot or play them alot. theyre never the same, most of the time better.

:)

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 01:43
I had a dream involving with AoD. It's a bit, weirdish pervy but it was a dream. I couldn't help it. A little girl asked who was he. The girl was pointing at Kurtis. Lara answers, "He's a hard pumper." :confused:

SMSL
19-01-08, 02:02
I usually dream with whatever movie I saw last before going to sleep or whatever game I've been playing. Over that, I'm careful not to watch horror movies exactly before sleep. I've had many dreams with TR universe, some without any sense, others with a reasonable storyline, like a movie. Even though I played both Legend and Anniversary, most still refer to the AOD plot. I can't remember any because my latest game related dreams are more World of Warcraft oriented.

TombFreak
19-01-08, 02:03
What the fick?! ^^^^ * To Melina *

That made me laugh, maybe thats what happened in the end of the game....:rolleyes:

Indiana Croft
19-01-08, 02:04

They've mostly all been about TR2 and TR3.

:vlol:

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-01-08, 02:23
Lol, Paranoia...

I've actually only had a couple about TR, but the only one I really remember was that I was playing the game (I forgot which one) running around the mansion and I went underground and I was kayaking. Lara was in some ripped up red designer gown, it was weird. Yeah, that was pretty much it.

Vertigo
19-01-08, 02:29
......that I`m in school again and my algebra teacher is Karel:yik::yik:

Capt. Murphy
19-01-08, 02:30
I've had quite a few. I hope I can recall most of them. These will be seperated by paragraphs.

I've had one of St. Francis Folly, it was around the 1st part of the stage where those rows of pillars are; outside the area where those gorillas are housed. There was an Indiana Jones type character running around the roof up in the NW corner. It's not much.

It was a jungle temple type of place. There was a rope you had to climb that went up through these spiked walls on all sides. At the top of the long rope you could get out of that vertical 'tunnel'. Up there there was a larger square shaped room with a large square hole in the floor. Below that floor (literally as if it were overlapping) ...quite a ways was another area with a larger hole in its' floor. There was a large (Shiva type) statue that had come to life stomping around on that floor that was below. In another room on that same current level... going back towards the rope where you came up... there was a hall that led to a smaller circular room with an item on a small pillar that you'd have to get a certain way. If you removed it the wrong way a door would shut behind you sealing you in, then the room would begin to rotate till it got fast enough to throw you towards the walls where spikes would come out from said walls - killing you.

It was outside a pyramid or some egyptian type of structure and a (I can't remember what it's called) fire bird type of thing was flying around and Lara had to shoot it. She was running around hiding behind these short platforms as the thing shot back at her.... I can't recall anything else.

In the Lost Valley, I was in that small room that is right of the waterfall (in the Lost Valley part itself right there in the corner) I think there is a Secret shot-gun ammo in there (?) -anyway... There was a hidden door in the wall that opened up to a long labrynth. It wasn't a cave but part of temple since all the walls were brick like. I knew it was a labrynth because I just knew that it went a long ways with winding paths and far below the level of the valley itself. It would've eventually ended somewhere inside that part where you have to dive into the water to the right to get one of those cogs. I didn't get to explore it... I just had a feeling that's where it went.

I'm sure I had a couple of T-Rex dreams. But darned if I can remember them ATM. :p

Edit: *Remembers more*

There was a place to release these boulders into a long (tall) vertical room. They'd be used to bring the level of the water up to where you could swim through to get up and out. Think of the Crow and Pitcher fable... Where the crow dropped pebbles into the pitcher to raise the water level so it could drink... Lara needed to get out by raising the water level with boulders.

Another... there was a small hole in the ground. You had to get through it, but below there was a very long drop. You'd fall into some water, it was a Lost Valley type of level. That's about it.

I've had 2 or 3 where I was running through this obstacle course 3 or more times in a row. It consisted of jumping onto platforms or poles/pillars, then diving into some water and swimming very fast through some tunnels... Then getting out, running to some other place. Each one was a bit different and it was quite fun running through those with so much haste. :D

Now... If I could apply the Gestalt (sp?) method to objects in those dreams to reveal what aspect of myself, or my personality they reveal. I've done this before with other dreams. It totally blew me away! :pi:

Evangelina
19-01-08, 02:49
Most of mine are usually about TR4 especially in the Tomb of Semerkhet (figures seeing as that level freaks me out)
I had one the other day just after I had finished Natlas mines in TRA.
I was Lara and yet it was in third person.
I (Lara) was up to that bit with Skateboard Kid and Kold.
Kold was about to stab me so I hid behind Kid and get a couple of WTF? looks from Kold so I say: "What? have you felt this guys boobs? their as hard as rocks, you could break your fist on 'em"

I pretty sure it was because of someones post on a forum I read earlier that day about man boobs.

:vlol:

A little girl asked who was he. The girl was pointing at Kurtis. Lara answers, "He's a hard pumper."
I hope she was talking about the "pumping lead bullets into the corpse with a pistol" kind of pumping. :p

Tombraine
19-01-08, 11:45
Any TR dreams I've had usually do the same thing. I find myself placed in these obscure places as if it was me instead of Lara. But other things throughout my day intertwyne(sp?) with it and the dream just ends up making no sense :vlol:

NightWish
19-01-08, 12:00
I had this dream a month ago where I dreamt i was lara and I was in this strange greek/egyptian temple (it was something between both) and I was in search of some mummy :vlol: then suddenly I was in my room and through my computer with someone (I dont remember who) I revived the mummy by just typing someting on the pc :vlol: Then I started running with that person from the mummy :vlol: and we were running around my bed until the mummy spoke and we found out that its friendly and it said it was cold. :vlol: so went to my wardrobe and I gave it a 10 year old t shirt I have with minnie mouse on it :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: then I woke up and the weirdest thing was that when I woke up i was wearing that same tshirt!!! :vlol:

Rivendell
19-01-08, 12:04
I dreamt of TR:AE and having a chance to play it on one of those in-store machines. :(

:eek: Same here! That was my latest one, anyway.

Actually.. all my TR dreams have been about TR:AE.

1. Was in a revised version of the Tomb of Qualopec, dangerous pillars and spikes slamming around, Lara with her big jumps - sprinted to the 'entrance' which was just a cave entrance in a cliff overlooking the Lost Valley far below.

2. The caves level (revised again) with all of Lara's old abilites and new ones. Felt great to play, looked great, sounded great. And some mummies randomply appeared, and could swim :eek:

3. Checked out the cog room of the Lost Valley. Jumped around a bit.

4. Played the game on an instore console, played around with all of Lara's moves, shot a few things, dived around. Leaped off a cliff :D

Those are the only TR dreams I can remember. I've probably had a few more, but not since I was younger.

Rexie
19-01-08, 12:05
I had this dream few days ago.
I was playing Tomb Raider Underworld,it was awesome,it was a maze,blades were flying everywhere and you needed to find a lever to open a door.Suddently,a talking fish cames flying (WTF??O_o)"jhsfdgsdfgshfgsdfgsgfsfgsjfjhsfgdsfgskjlcnjzfnaljk dha÷whejshld" the fish said and flyed away...few minutes later,Lara sees something and says "these are perfect to blow Alister up!!!"

then my mom woke me up...

Thorir
19-01-08, 12:47
I dream about Tomb Raider all the time!

Latest thing was Lara diving in some underwater caves in Mexico, and finding the entrance to a hidden underground temple... :D

Beanz
19-01-08, 14:40
It was before the release of Legend and I was in ghana smashing people over the head with mugs... Only one I can remember at the moment :).

AODdigger
19-01-08, 14:45
Mates, I've dreamed a whole TRAOD scenario, with a new storyline, with BIG levels, with such creepy things that would take the game awards of the year.. I was thinking of writing it down lats night and when I do I will surely show you and you all AoD haters will surely LOVE my AoD :p (Yes, to brag :P) Anyway, I mostly dream of AoD and some links to all the games.. Like.. AoD finishes and then Lara starts the quest for Amelia, the Underworld and all that, but when we go to TRU we see that there were key points in AoD which lead to the Underworld :mis: You guys will love it :D

Drone
19-01-08, 15:01
Have seen some scenes of Lara being on unknown Island and some new mutant breeds :D Graphics was great and looked too real :D

Tina Croft
19-01-08, 17:48
i had only one very short dream of TR...

i was Lara and drived to an forsaken place with my cicle where nobody had been. it was very hot and there hadn't been any trees or something else, just a sere field. i got down of my cicle to search a tomb or a temple or something like this anywhere under this field...

then this dream was already through.

cicle = cycle :p

a_pok
19-01-08, 19:40
back when i was stuck in the centaur fight in TRA i dreamt that i was trying to beat them on my PS2 and everytime i start they kill Lara and start mocking me or something.

the same thing happened with the Levaiathin in AOD

ThomasCroft
19-01-08, 22:09
I had a couple of dreams about TRA just before the release because I was so excited but that's about it! :)

knutroald
19-01-08, 22:16
I've dreamed (before TRA came out) buying it and then breaking the cd before playing it. And the store not having it. And buying it and not being allowed to open it before the next day, and when I got up I found out that it was just a dream:mad:

And I've dreamed coming with Lara on adventures, which turned out pretty silly and fun. Don't remember much, just remember us helping some tiger babies finding milk:D

coolezpunk
19-01-08, 22:54
You know how Lara in AOD hangs on ledges and makes the "Ugh!" sound? Yeah, well, I just had a dream that AOD Lara was in Parissian Ghetto and she's about to commit suicide by letting go of her grip. She said "Ugh" at the beginning of my dream, and there were a bunch of cops and people around saying "No!" or "Don't die!" "Hold on!" And my family was there and we started crying cuz Lara commited suicide! :p LOL!

Reggie
20-01-08, 16:02
:eek: Same here! That was my latest one, anyway.

Actually.. all my TR dreams have been about TR:AE.

1. Was in a revised version of the Tomb of Qualopec, dangerous pillars and spikes slamming around, Lara with her big jumps - sprinted to the 'entrance' which was just a cave entrance in a cliff overlooking the Lost Valley far below.

2. The caves level (revised again) with all of Lara's old abilites and new ones. Felt great to play, looked great, sounded great. And some mummies randomply appeared, and could swim :eek:

3. Checked out the cog room of the Lost Valley. Jumped around a bit.

4. Played the game on an instore console, played around with all of Lara's moves, shot a few things, dived around. Leaped off a cliff :D

Those are the only TR dreams I can remember. I've probably had a few more, but not since I was younger.

Aww at least you can remember what happened. In my experience, I can't remember a thing. Very frustrating.

tranniversary119
20-01-08, 19:46
I recently had a dream, and it was Tomb Raider Underworld. I was playing the level and I remember it bieng really rainy/depressing/dark. She was going through a church..there was an outside area to. It's really clearly all i can remember.

vespertea
20-01-08, 20:27
I dreamed about a nonexistent Atlantis level from TR1.

For months I was convinced it was real... that maybe it was in Gold, or that it was a custom-built level.

But I realized I was wrong. And I then felt sad on the inside. And slightly on the outside. :[

Tomb Raider Master
20-01-08, 20:28
I can't recall having any of them.

Nemo_91
20-01-08, 20:35
I had a couple of dreams about TRA just before the release because I was so excited but that's about it! :)

Same here! :D

kill bill
20-01-08, 20:39
Mostly being Laras guide