PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Cloverfield

oocladableeblah
19-01-08, 04:29
I just saw Cloverfield and it was awesome. It's was a good movie and everyone at the theater was totally into it. The ending is not the best, but it isn't terrible. Anyone else see this movie?

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 04:33
I haven't seen it but plan to. You really recomend this movie? Is it all heart stopping? Leaves you anxious? :D

BtoFu
19-01-08, 04:34
I heard it's a letdown after that ingenius marketing spin which promised so much. More of a love story/Not seeing the monster enough/ The monster in question kinda being a ripoff of The Host's beastie.

oocladableeblah
19-01-08, 04:35
I would recommend it, yeah you get anxious because you don't know what is going on, but they don't exactly explain where the monster comes from which is sort of cool and leaves a mysterious feeling. I want to know more about it :D

TombFreak
19-01-08, 04:38
I hate those monster movies where they end up woowhooing most of the time instead of focusing on the monster.

Got done watching Dragon Wars on DVD! You could cut sombody's head off and there would be no blood!

just*raidin*tomb
19-01-08, 04:38
OH! could someone tell me what that creature is, in that movie. I've seen commercials and i know i'm never gonna see the movie, because i dont have time. But I'm still dying to know what it is! Could someone PM me, so no one else gets spoiled.:D

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 04:39
So it was a monster? I had no idea what the commercials were about. I wasn't even sure if it was a supernatural film or if it was some kind of human attack.

nick-xx
19-01-08, 04:49
^ just try not spoiling here...for the ppl that hasn't see..

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 04:50
The teasers and trailers left me confused. I din't know if it was something similar like Independence Day with an invasion.

It's away to attract the audience to see the movie and find out who or what is attacking the city. I didn't know it was a monster until The Soup made scene from the movie :p.

BtoFu
19-01-08, 04:52
This (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/akaneiyo/2008_01_18_42_large.jpg) is the monster.

oocladableeblah
19-01-08, 04:55
The monster could be godzilla for all you know :mis:

Ward Dragon
19-01-08, 04:55
This (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/akaneiyo/2008_01_18_42_large.jpg) is the monster.

That? :confused:

Chiki Mina
19-01-08, 04:56

Are you serious?

Spoiler

Is it just this guy or more like this? What does it do? This kind of monster looks like it comes from the Sci Fi channel.

just*raidin*tomb
19-01-08, 04:57

:yik: Who came up with that............ what the heck! It's so pretty.:o

btw that would be awesome to have in TRU!:jmp:

BtoFu
19-01-08, 05:02
The monster could be godzilla for all you know :mis:

Would have been better off being Godzilla. :D

I believe it's just that one on it's lonesome. Of course it's very big and all and you don't see it much.

erosan
19-01-08, 05:44
I watched it a couple of hours ago. it is such an intense movie. I recommend it, it was really good =]

calico25
19-01-08, 07:03
I saw it tonight. it was not good. The audience started laughing after the credits came up because of how bad it was and i heard nothing but complaints as i left the theater. The movie lacked any real creativity and the acting was horrid. I wanted it to be soo much better but it just was not good.

Survival
19-01-08, 09:54
Great movie!

spoiler

No itīs not alone the big monster drops the little ones that attack and kill people.

Admles
19-01-08, 10:24
Great flick, great fun.

Spoiler

When you get down to it, the monster is really only secondary to the film; it was really about the experience of the other characters

Voni
19-01-08, 10:25
Damn all you overseas people, I have to wait til February to see it! *grumble, moan...*

Survival
19-01-08, 10:52
From BD (Thursday)

Last night SpookyDan rocked the red carpet premiere of this year's first widely talked about feature film, Cloverfield (reviews), which arrives in theaters this Friday with a rash of positive reviews. On the carpet he had the chance to chat with writer Drew Goodard and director Matt Reeves who spill some small details on what could happen if a sequel were to be made and also reveals some interesting bits about what the original plan was for the film - a hard R. Read on for the skinny and check out what will probably be one of the best horror films of the year in theaters tomorrow.

DREWY
19-01-08, 11:52
I thought it was brilliant. Shot from a different perspective to the normal overview. A "on the ground in the action" view. Strange ending (most of the audience stayed in their seats at the end )- but seeing it's link with Lost - to be expected.
Think of Blair Witch meets Godzilla.
An allegory for the carnage 9/11 inflicted on New York? Maybe. But I loved it, 8.5/10 from me :tmb:

digitizedboy
19-01-08, 13:53
I haven't seen it yet. But I don't mind reading any spoilers because prior to its release it was a load of hype anway. :)

AODdigger
19-01-08, 13:55
I'm so gonna see it :jmp: I saw the commercial recently though =/ I've been cut from the net for ages...

thecentaur
19-01-08, 14:06
i'm planning to this afternoon :D

petujaymz
19-01-08, 15:09
I'm going down the UCI with Fleur to watch this next week.

From what I've read and heard it's my kind of film to be fair.

:wve:

domina
19-01-08, 16:00
I liked it for the most part. I thought the suspense was fantastic, and the filming really made it intense. But I'm so sick of movies like that putting an emphasis on relationships and love and so on. It kind of depresses me. And parts of it were a little predictable.

Rivendell
19-01-08, 17:21
I'm really looking forward to seeing this film. I know nothing about it either, which is great! :D

Lenochka
19-01-08, 21:41
I heard its complete crap =[
The whole not so scary moster and his little spiders the size of dogs or whatever sounds just plain cheesy.

If you want to see a good movie, go see sweeney todd :3 Helena Bohem carter and johnny depp are amazing in that film.

findme
19-01-08, 22:05
Lol I thought it was a weather disaster movie when I saw the poster >_<

vespertea
19-01-08, 23:19
Just got back from seeing it. God that was awesome. The ending was powerful.. totally unexpected. Not the best movie I've seen, but still fantastic. I'd give it an 8/10.

The only thing I have a grip about: How the hell did they survive a helicopter crash?

erosan
19-01-08, 23:46
The audience started laughing after the credits came up because of how bad it was and i heard nothing but complaints as i left the theater.

the theater i was in clapped at the end, o.0

vespertea
20-01-08, 00:25
I saw it tonight. it was not good. The audience started laughing after the credits came up because of how bad it was and i heard nothing but complaints as i left the theater. The movie lacked any real creativity and the acting was horrid. I wanted it to be soo much better but it just was not good.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the acting was "horrid."

The audience here just kind of sat still for a few seconds after the credits.. As we left, I heard a few complaints, but for the most part, the comments made were like "I need to get my hands on one of those cameras" and "wow it sure sucks to be them."

Encore
25-01-08, 16:16
I absolutely loved this movie just for the pure adrenaline shot it gave me. I tell you, when you work at a video rent store, and you watch 2 movies every weekday and up to 5 on Sundays --- this is me --- you get SO tired of the same recipes, the same editing, the same soundtracks, the same plots, over and over again. And you BEG for something that's a little bit imaginative. Cloverfield was certainly that. And what's best is that it kinda has NO PLOT, it's just raw emotion; showing that you DON'T always need to follow all the same rules of movie making to make a good movie.

TR 4 LIFE
26-01-08, 02:18
It was okay, there wasn't a lot of explainations of why or how the monsters came to earth!!! and the camera was irritating!!!

AmericanAssassin
26-01-08, 02:25
CLOVERFIELD is the best movie I've ever seen! :D

dizzydoil
02-02-08, 01:13
I absolutely loved this movie just for the pure adrenaline shot it gave me. I tell you, when you work at a video rent store, and you watch 2 movies every weekday and up to 5 on Sundays --- this is me --- you get SO tired of the same recipes, the same editing, the same soundtracks, the same plots, over and over again. And you BEG for something that's a little bit imaginative. Cloverfield was certainly that. And what's best is that it kinda has NO PLOT, it's just raw emotion; showing that you DON'T always need to follow all the same rules of movie making to make a good movie.
Ditto! :)
CLOVERFIELD is the best movie I've ever seen! :D
Double-Ditto! :tmb:

CAISACO
02-02-08, 01:14
I just saw Cloverfield and it was awesome. It's was a good movie and everyone at the theater was totally into it. The ending is not the best, but it isn't terrible. Anyone else see this movie?

I hated it. I got sick from watching the poorly filmed movie :vlol:

Chiki Mina
02-02-08, 01:25
I thought it was a great filmed. It wasn't "poorly" made. They had to still keep the "home video" style instead of the hollywood cam style. I thought it was pretty cool.

THe first 15 minutes I was dizzy. But then I really enjoyed it.

BTW, I gotta called that director. That is the BEST cam I have ever seen. I want something like that.

Encore
02-02-08, 01:57
can anybody please tell me on a PM or in white text, what happens after the credits?? :(

Chiki Mina
02-02-08, 01:59
Same here, please! :wve:

ECB
02-02-08, 18:31
I saw it yesterday for the second time. It was fantastic. My friend and I were the only ones in the theater so we were just screaming during the whole thing. Haha.

calico25
02-02-08, 19:25
I want to see the movie again to give it another chance because hell, I had high hopes for it but was greatly disappointed.

I work in media production and love to study films...and I just have NEVER liked the handheld camera with the exception of a few scenes from Jaws. Handheld camera work ruined the Bourne series for me and it was the one downfall of Batman Begins for me.

I am also upset because handheld cameras will be used in the new Romero zombie film, Diary Of The Dead. It can serve a purpose when used in small doses, but an entire film with handheld camera work is just tacky and screams of MTV video productions, which scream of a no talent hack trying to cover up his shortcomings.

RAID
02-02-08, 21:10
I've seen the trailers and the crappy camera is enough to make me lose interest...