PDA

View Full Version : Do you have vivid dreams?

myrmaad
19-01-08, 12:14
I just woke up from the craziest dream. I remember all of it but it's too embarrassing to tell. I can just say it involved Eminem and guns, and I was the hero. That was pretty cool!.

I sometimes have vivid bad dreams, more like nightmares, but most often I have a series of dreams, where I keep going back to the same dream place many times over a long time period. It's almost like I live in some alter universe when I'm dreaming these weird recurrent theme dreams, because a lot of the dreams are just mundane stuff and I sort of play the same character each time, than at some point something weird and scary happens, like having my car stripped downtown in the warehouse district, and getting in the middle of a drug cartel. And yet, the dreams are so real down to the very last detail, like doing laundry or having my purse stolen.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I had a lot of recurring theme dreams, one theme that happened over and over was that I would be bitten by either a snake, or many poisonous snakes, and I was always trapped by circumstances at the end of the dream, so I knew I would die, then I'd wake up. Each snake or group of snakes was uniquely marked or colored, except for a group of brown ones that fell out of the trees onto me.

And they are so vivid, in that dream I was walking along minding my own business and the first brown snake fell out of a tree and landed on my neck and shoulders, I screamed and threw it off me, so it was like--immediately a horror dream.

Do you have crazy vivid dreams? I need to know if I'm the only one?

Lavinder
19-01-08, 12:21
I keep having really vivid dreams about my boyfriends family O_o - todays dream was different because I was going to college interviews and stuff, but still Jamie's mother drove me there :p.

myrmaad
19-01-08, 12:30
I keep having really vivid dreams about my boyfriends family O_o - todays dream was different because I was going to college interviews and stuff, but still Jamie's mother drove me there :p.

Did you know in your head you were dreaming, or were you really surprised to wake up?

Obscure
19-01-08, 12:33
I've dreamt several times a few years ago that I'm in a convertible with my sister and all of a sudden the whole scenary turns upside down and she screams.
"SEATBELT!" and puts her seatbelt on while I try to put it in. It just won't click in place. So soon enough I fly out of this upside down scenary and start falling upwards into the sky until I land and die. It's horrible because I can feel the fear and pain.

And the really scary thing is the last time I dreamt this was a few years ago and I was older in the dream but my sister got a convertible for christmas last year :eek:

Necromanser
19-01-08, 12:42
I don't know why but I don't have any dreams at all.

tomblover
19-01-08, 12:48
I tend to have really weird dreams. :p

Lavinder
19-01-08, 12:48
Did you know in your head you were dreaming, or were you really surprised to wake up?

No it's really wierd, as if I wake up, and I think that those events have actually happened previously to me sleeping =/.

The other night I had a really vivid horrible dream that a rapist followed me to my house and it took me ages to kill him even though I kept stabbing him and beating him etc. Finally I managed to kill him by cutting his head off with a sharp knife - I wont go in to details but I could actually feel the things he was doing to me, which just disturbed me imensly.

Elysia
19-01-08, 12:53
I have really vivid dreams - I can also lucid dream (which rules). Some of my dreams have now been turned into stories (I know I need to write them down if they bug me for a couple of days). I also have had the same reoccurring dream (well, dream setting) since I was about 7 or 8 years old.

Last night I had a dream that me and Phil Jupitus (the comedian) were on some kind of cruise liner - we then stole an aircraft carrier together and went on a little harbour joyride, with the Navy chasing us in helicopters - it was fun!

Quite *why* it was Phil Jupitus, though, I don't know. Maybe I've been watching too much Buzzcocks recently... :D

rowanlim
19-01-08, 12:53
Yeah I do have vivid dreams...recurring ones too! :)

One of the most vivid that I can remember started when I was about 8/9 yrs old, I'd dream that it's night time & I was sleeping when a flash of light woke me up. I got up & my dad was reversing the car. So SOMEHOW, I managed to creep out of the house & hid in the boot. Then my dad drove to this tall building, he went in, I got out of the boot & I followed him. At the top (think Natla Technologies rooftop :p), he was arguing with a bad guy (I just know he's a bad guy) & the bad guy was gonna hurt my dad so I screamed & ran out, caught them both off surprise & I pushed the bad guy off the roof, I fell off with him...so I'm falling & I can see my feet, it's like I'm falling straight down, feet first, when my feet hits the ground, I'd wake up & my feet is pressed against the headboard of my bed (I don't sleep with my head on the headboard's side) with a dizzy feeling in my head.

:D

Forwen
19-01-08, 12:54
Nah. I remember waking up only once in my life. 'Tis good overall, because it means I can enjoy the atmosphere of the dream without a sudden crash on the line - yesterday, for example, there was this vivid violet Victorian ghost lady played by Julia Roberts of all people who could speed up time through her fancy Victorian clock. Obviously she didn't like me and my friend, but I can't blame her since my friend was some cocky Ring-ish anime vampire who tried to take the mansion over. All in blue&violet, including the whole environment. Wish I could paint what I remember.

Today I dreamt I was one of 16 survivors (quite a lot, that) of a plane crash that killed 63 people. The plane had been hijacked by a bunch of morons from my school who wanted to see how fun it is to take off, tried to take off over a railway track and bumped with undercarriage into a train. Crazy stuff.

myrmaad
19-01-08, 12:57
And the really scary thing is the last time I dreamt this was a few years ago and I was older in the dream but my sister got a convertible for christmas last year :eek:

SEATBELT!!!

No it's really wierd, as if I wake up, and I think that those events have actually happened previously to me sleeping =/.

The other night I had a really vivid horrible dream that a rapist followed me to my house and it took me ages to kill him even though I kept stabbing him and beating him etc. Finally I managed to kill him by cutting his head off with a sharp knife - I wont go in to details but I could actually feel the things he was doing to me, which just disturbed me imensly.

These are the kind of vivid dreams I'm speaking of, so real and disturbing.

But I liked the one I had this morning because I thought quickly and saved the day. But you would think I would have had time to think to myself, why is Eminem in the car with us, and who are these other people? What's really weird to me is when the people in the dreams are people I know, like last night, my husband, in his exact likeness was there with me in the dream.

Many times, I have a husband in the dream but he's someone I've never seen before or whatever, so I have to describe him afterward as "THE husband" not "my husband": "the husband in the dream, not my husband!"

So it's really funny that you're dreaming of Jamie's mother.

Tthe Spirit
19-01-08, 12:58
I have vivid dreams so much.
Mostly they were nightmares because in the past 3 years i passed through some hard emotional feelings and kept thinking too much of somwthing.
In the nightmare, or bad dream, everytime i was just always running away from a bad spirit or some ugly people chasing me.
Everytime it was like this but in different places and i always screamed in my sleep so someone came and woke me up.
i remeber once i was dreaming i opened my eyes and i saw my hands moving by themselves without my will.
i was so tensed.
thanks God this is gone now because i got over the problem and became stronger about it.

Mister Croft
19-01-08, 13:03
Sometimes I dream that I`m falling, falling and falling while I`m screaming for help I can hear the people who used to be my friends laughing, and when I wake up, I realize I have been crying in sleep :(

But I had the wierdest dream the night after Fredrik ( a friend of mine who died in a car accident 4 years ago) died, I was dreaming that I was Fredrik in the accident :(

myrmaad
19-01-08, 13:04
I have really vivid dreams - I can also lucid dream (which rules). Some of my dreams have now been turned into stories (I know I need to write them down if they bug me for a couple of days). I also have had the same reoccurring dream (well, dream setting) since I was about 7 or 8 years old.

Last night I had a dream that me and Phil Jupitus (the comedian) were on some kind of cruise liner - we then stole an aircraft carrier together and went on a little harbour joyride, with the Navy chasing us in helicopters - it was fun!

Quite *why* it was Phil Jupitus, though, I don't know. Maybe I've been watching too much Buzzcocks recently... :D

See this is exactly what I'm talking about!

I never listen to Eminem music, unless it's accidental, it's just not something I seek out, I know of him, and I'm neutral about him, not a fan, but don't dislike his stuff particularly.

In my dream last night there were five us crammed into the front seat of a truck (old bench seat style); we were stopped when some guy came up and pointed a large gun (looked like a big glock or DE) at Eminem, but I knew my husband had a little ruger in his pocket, but he was kind of drunk. During the tension, my husband actually got a good shot off and hit the guy in the hand but he still had his gun in his hand and he was really ****ed now, So I thought he was going to shoot my husband, and because he was already wounded I snatched it right out of his hand. Then we took off and I got to keep the gun!

I had to teach myself to lucid dream after all those snake dreams. I don't usually have very, very bad nightmares now unless it sneaks up on me, like discovering (during the dream) that someone I love is gone.

tomblover
19-01-08, 13:08
There's like this time, I had a dream where I'm playing some unknown game, and I'm a brown cat. I walk through a fence, then I fall down into greyness, possibly I bugged the game, then I land in water, swim through a path, climbs up out of the sink in the bar of a strip club where Legend Lara is dancing to the tune of the Pink Panther theme, in loose hair and an even more skimpy variant of her ripped dress.

Then I wake up and go "WTF?"

Necromanser
19-01-08, 13:09
I had one vivid dream,I think it was about a year ago.I was climbing on to a building for some reason and my hand slipped and I plummeted down,it was so real.I thought I could even feel the pain.The the dream changed,I was running away from striders(walking tripod thingies that shoot lasers at you,I know weird.).I running for my life and they kept shooting at me. In the end I came to a canyon,they were around me and one of them shot a grenade at me,the explosion caused me to fall of the canyon.

They're very weird dreams aren't they?I woke up right before I hit the ground btw.

tomblover
19-01-08, 13:10
I woke up right before I hit the ground btw. I do that as well if I fall a huge drop in any of my dreams. It feels like I land softly in bed. O.O

digitizedboy
19-01-08, 13:37
One vivid dream I had was where I was in a shopping mall and there were huge mutant fish floating in the air and eating people by the dozens. And I was cornered by one. But it just remained there for a few seconds and stared at me with its huge human like bulging eyes and calmly spoke at me, "mmm... I'm going to eat your liver!"

I can't remember if I was watching silence of the lambs the night before. But I don't know what that has to do with huge mutant fish anyway. :D

nowadays, I tend to have a lot of Lucid dreams, where I can do what I please. (total coolness) :)

Survival
19-01-08, 13:54
And yes I have a very vivid dreams. When I was younger I had a "companion"... talking white dog. He was in every dream I had no matter how scary or fun the dream was.

I always had a reoccuring dream about some monster in the darkness. It would watch me through the windows and then took me away. One night I suddently realised something and I said out loud "Thisīs is just a dream you canīt hurt me". I didnīt have a nightmare or a bad dream since :).

ajrich17901
19-01-08, 14:00
Most vivid dream i ever had was one about my friend last year, he ended up passin away in a crash in my dream*Not goin into details* and when i woke up it felt so real i checked the news website for my town and there it was my dream was real almost like he came to me in my dream to let me know. Still creeps me out to this day.

talion
19-01-08, 14:16
My dream last night was a combination of stuff I had been doing the day before and some random other stuff. I dreamt that me and my friends were playing a video game where you drive a motorbike, and it was completely in a sort of anime style. Then suddenly I was walking into a forest shaped like a spiral and heading towards the middle. I remember one of my friends in the dream saying that we had played football there before (WTF!) then when we got there I woke up. The weird thing is that i think i was in that place in a previous dream, because I remember it from somewhere before.

Other weird dreams I remember are my friend's house burning down, and another one which was very vivid about what i can only describe as some cataclysmic event like a bomb dropping. It scares me just thinking about that dream, and I remember almost everything that happened in it, yet i cannot explain it.

EDIT: I also get a lot of dreams where really good things happen (one i remember where i moved into a mansion) and then I wake up really disappointed that it wasn't real :) And the weird thing is that I'm perfectly happy with where I live right now :D

thecentaur
19-01-08, 14:19
i have a partly vivid dream where in mine, the moon fell out of orbit and everyone was panicking. :p

i'm not so sure why that happened, though

SamReeves
19-01-08, 16:41
I deamed of Alley Baggett eating crackers in my bed. :cln: :mis:

Seriously, I can't remember any of them the next morning.

Elysia
19-01-08, 16:46
I deamed of Alley Baggett eating crackers in my bed. :cln: :mis:

Seriously, I can't remember any of them the next morning.
Count yourself lucky... sometimes I wake up feeling utterly disgusted with myself and then have to live with the shame for the rest of the day... (no, I'm going to elaborate! :p :mis:)

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-01-08, 16:56
I don't know why but I don't have any dreams at all.

Everyone dreams, it's a scientific fact. You just don't remember. Therefore, your dreams must not be very vivd. :p

I have vivid dreams, some that seem extremely real. A couple of months ago, for example, I was asleep, but not entirely asleep, more like half awake. Anyway, I dreamed a panther was laying on me (I was sleeping on my back), but it wasn't quite as big as a real panther, still a lot bigger than a housecat though. In my dream, I was petting it, and it seemed friendly. When I continued to pet the panther, it started kneading on me, like kitties do; however, he then moved his paws on either side of my ribcage and dug his claws into my skin. It hurt very badly; in fact, I could nearly swear that I actually felt it. I couldn't breathe and was in terrible pain. Eventually I was finally able to breathe, but just seconds afterward I couldn't breathe again. I struggled to breathe regularly several times, it kept happening. I woke up later and everything was fine though.

The weird thing about it is that I could swear I wasn't completely asleep. I felt like the pain was real, and I definitely know the difficulty of breathing was real. It was pretty weird stuff.

But anyway, I had a weird/ scary dream just last night. Wasn't anything like that though. I dreamed my family and I lived in a different house, like military housing (we used to before Dad retired), but there were woods in the back yard. Some man was in the woods and he was scared because a bear was looking right at him. He ran toward our house, and we had a sliding glass door, so we were afraid the bear would break through and get in. Mom told my brothers and I to shoot the guy with our BB guns so he would get away from our house. My brothers did that and I had a real gun, but no ammo, so I was just trying to scare him with it. :p Anyway, he managed to get into the house and he hit Mom and Felicia and proceeded to my brothers. I grabbed on to my gun with both hands, by the barrel (it was some sort of shotgun), and I hit him in the head as hard I could. After that I kept hitting him over and over and over. He had brain damage at this point and was mumbling like crazy, and there was blood everywhere. I was kind of freaked out when I woke up. O.o

Most vivid dream i ever had was one about my friend last year, he ended up passin away in a crash in my dream*Not goin into details* and when i woke up it felt so real i checked the news website for my town and there it was my dream was real almost like he came to me in my dream to let me know. Still creeps me out to this day.

Wow :eek:

Zac Medley
19-01-08, 17:24
I have been on helicopter rides and at garden parties with Bill and Hilary Clinton.

In my dreams.

myrmaad
19-01-08, 17:27
I have been on helicopter rides and at garden parties with Bill and Hilary Clinton.

In my dreams.

Subvert the thread for your own agenda, much?

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-01-08, 17:31

In my dreams.

LOL! :vlol:

Zac Medley
19-01-08, 17:36
Subvert the thread for your own agenda, much?

Always :D

HolidayCroft
19-01-08, 17:43
i have mostly nightmares from when my dad showed me that stupid *&$#ing pop-up exersit thing make i hate those things anyway one of my dreams i can remember clear as crystals (and it goes like this) i was walking on the beach with my students (im not a teacher but i was in my dream) and I pushed them out to sea and they came running back with a lady caching them and i looked at her and she had green skin and didnt look like the exersit and i tuched her and she canged into her and then i woke up crying lol (but scary dreams)

Laurencarter
19-01-08, 18:11
I once dreamed that the kindest dude I know turned into a serial killer and killed everyone in the school except me and I was about to kill him when I woke up.

I also dreamt a few times that I was Brad Pitt's Assistant.

TombFreak
19-01-08, 18:37
I once had a dream that my parents were having a party with friends in the kitchen, I was in there too. When suddenly this "dead" shark waddelled over to me very rapidly, I crouched down near the cabnet as I saw it coming. Just when it was about to kill me, I opened my eyes.

Another was I was in a castle that looks like it come from the medevil times. I reading a book on tomb raider II while my mom was sleeping, I have no idea where dad was. I was in a room with rocky walls and there were stairs leading to the door, I just knew there was something that was going to get me. Sooner or later the " Scream " type of figure ran down the stairs and was charging at me with a knife. I screamed for my mom ( she was sleeping way up, maybe 6 stories ) but she never came and the "Scream" figure killed me in the end by stabbing me in the throat.

I woke up after that and said, " I'll never play Tomb Raider II again " as to I was reading a book on tomb raider II during the dream.

Quasimodo
19-01-08, 18:49
My dreams are often about very vivid adventures in these places that are part theme-park, part sci-fi channel, and bits and pieces of what could be from real life places or levels from videogames.

I have lots of recurring dreams, too - mostly about going to college or school in this building that has all these weird ladders and stairways that seem broken or out of reach, or have platforms and gaps to get to them like a TR game :eek:, and these weird schools always have an underground shopping mall where I can't find anything I want...I'm sure there's plenty of symbolism in that :p

Cord_Croft
19-01-08, 19:14
My dreams have been getting worse lately. I got set on fire by some chinese people, and stabbed once. I got chased by zombies like from Shaun Of The Dead.. and other crazy stuff like that o.O

Oh yeah, and i bought a trampoline for someone which was really weird.

Twilight
19-01-08, 19:20
hell yea! and dreams are real, u just usually dont go back to the situation, so people say theyre "fake". its like, if u have a conversation with a stranger, but never talk to them again, was the conversation fake? no.

i see pretty clearly in dreams. usually it has some sort of dreamy fuzz to it. but i looked at a mirror in a dream and my reflection was clear, from how i remembered how i looked, but i had to focus.

dreams are cool, u can do so much and learn so much. u can feel in them, emptyness, pain, happiness. but it sucks when something sad happens and i wake up crying. but i still find the whole getting knocked out for 8 hours straight then waking up from a different world so fasinating. sorta fun, and refreshing. most ppl dont notice it b/c they were born doing it and get used to it.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-01-08, 19:48
I don't have vivid dreams often... occasionally I will though, and I friggin' love them. Specially the chase dreams. I never seem to get dreams that scare me - I've only had two unpleasant ones in years...

Here's all the vivid, memorable dreams I can remember. :whi:

Radioactive airport and flying chain of jelly babies
Cemetery Battle Royale
Apocalyptic flood
English teacher's tenement flat
Sky-vortex
False-awakening nightmare
Demon dog having a seizure
Train station chase and Death By Garden Gnome
Graveyard & labyrinth bull-chase
Chased round a castle by my old IT teacher
Chased round my college by the same IT teacher
Chased round my school by police
Chased round the inside of a giant pumpkin by a bogieman

Quasimodo
19-01-08, 20:34
False-awakening nightmare

ooh those are the worst!

Capt. Murphy
19-01-08, 20:40
I do on occasion.

ETA:

One time I dreamed I was (back) in Junior High School. I got to beating up these kids that used to make fun of and pick on me. I was very brutal. Breaking their arms, knocking them down to the floor, snapping their necks... and one kid I bashed over the head with a red tool box full of tools so hard it dented the tool box! It felt so good to 'get even'.

When thinking back on that dream once I role played as characters and items from that dream.

The kids were just young, immature, and stupid. Me beating them up didn't make me any better than them.

Then, here's where it gets SO interesting!... I thought of myself as the tool box. I hold tools, tools can be used to fix things.

I literally cried when I said that. What that meant to me is that I was keeping the things... the ways to fix things locked up. Instead of tearing things up, I could try to work to make them right. This was an apithany. ^_^

knutroald
19-01-08, 20:41
I tend to have really weird dreams. :p

I'll have to second that.

ooh those are the worst!

Tell me 'bout it! Once when I was out camping I got really sick, and I wanted to go home, so I kept dreaming that I woke up and got out of the tent, but once I got out I kept waking up and dreaming it again and again and again... xD

Angelus
19-01-08, 20:58
Is it possible for a person to not dream? I only ask since I can never remember having a dream.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-01-08, 21:02
Nah, we all dream. 6 per night is the average, apparently. You just don't remember them when you wake up.

Capt. Murphy
19-01-08, 21:05
Is it possible for a person to not dream? I only ask since I can never remember having a dream.
EVERYONE Dreams. You just don't remember them (like you said). This can be due to suddenly awakening and then going about your routine, or getting ready for work/school.

If you have the opportunity: Set an alarm to go off about an hour after you go to sleep. Have it near your bed (or where ever you're sleeping at that time). You'll most likely interrupt a dream - and then will be able to recall it.

Or if you can get to bed early enough (not when you're dead tired), drink a little bit of water (not too much :p ), before you go to sleep - reaffirm that you'll remember what you were last dreaming when you wake up. When you do wake up, it's best not to move around too much. Be awake but rerun the events of the dream in your mind. :)

Spitfire
19-01-08, 21:14
The only thing I can recall about the inability to dream was that it had to do with snoring, that it prevents you from dreaming. Other than that you dream every night.

I have very vivid and lucid dreams. There's been times where I've confused a dream with an actual memory and it just takes some thinking and rationalization to place it as a dream again. Only a few have i ever repeatedly dreamed of in the exact same way, but I've had numerous dreams about one subject for long periods of times.

star-dust
19-01-08, 21:18
Sometimes I will wake up and not recall the dream I had and then throughout my day I'll do something that touches on part of my dream then I'll remember it all.

Lately I've been having these dreams where my teeth crack in half or disinegrate out of my head... and I can feel it.:confused:

Capt. Murphy
19-01-08, 21:26
Lately I've been having these dreams where my teeth crack in half or disinegrate out of my head... and I can feel it.:confused:
Ooh! I hate those types of dreams! :mad: Or gravel in your mouth. Ick! There was one time I dreamed I had this black greasy dirt with very small bits of gravel/rock shards in it. *shudders* It was awful! :(

Thorir
19-01-08, 21:28
Not vivid dreams every day, but SOMETIMES, yes...!

For some reason, I quite often dream about fighting...! :D Like kung-fu fighting! And running up walls, Prince of Persia-style! :D Often with weapons...! :D

star-dust
19-01-08, 21:28
Ooh! I hate those types of dreams! :mad: Or gravel in your mouth. Ick! There was one time I dreamed I had this black greasy dirt with very small bits of gravel/rock shards in it. *shudders* It was awful! :(

Ick, yeah! Then you wake up and go check yourself out in a mirror to make sure everything is still okay.