PDA

View Full Version : Who misses TRF's UBB Classic days?

Conway
22-01-08, 14:07
Is there a possibility that I'm ever going to see at least a screencap of TRF's UBB Classic days? Just thinking of the green theme with that early Legend screenshot as the logo makes me feel...weird. :cln:

On a related note, TRF shifted to Jelsoft during the Legend hype days, yeah? Or am I mistaken? :confused:

Anyhow, I only really miss browsing through the UBB Classic TRF in terms of the look and feel, with all the pre-uploaded avatars you had to choose from and Nicky helping out the noobs. Dreadful was the entire page reloading to add a single reply. vBulletin has its wonders!

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8159/screen5hp5.jpg

*sigh*

:D

touchthesky
22-01-08, 14:09
www.archive.org

Try that :)?

Larson_1988
22-01-08, 14:09
Not to presume Conway, but didn't you register in December 2007? How can you know aabout those pre-uploaded avatars you could choose from? Even i haven't noticed anything like that. And i registered in November 2006.

Conway
22-01-08, 14:15
Not to presume Conway, but didn't you register in December 2007? How can you know aabout those pre-uploaded avatars you could choose from? Even i haven't noticed anything like that. And i registered in November 2006.
I unfortunately got lost in translation (from UBB to Jelsoft) when the forums changed software. I never got to retrieve the automated number password from my first-ever account on TRF. First ever, which means I have more than a couple of usernames floating about, which hopefully doesn't raise some issues, since this is the account I'm only ever use now. :o

www.archive.org

Try that :)?
Hmm. I'm not really sure how to use this one. I tried WayBack Machine but no luck. :confused:

Larson_1988
22-01-08, 14:18
I unfortunately got lost in translation (from UBB to Jelsoft) when the forums changed software. I never got to retrieve the automated number password from my first-ever account on TRF. First ever, which means I have more than a couple of usernames floating about, which hopefully doesn't raise some issues, since this is the account I'm only ever use now. :o

Ok, i'm sorry. But if you remember the nicknames you should notify Justin about it, :wve: I don't think you'll be banned.

Conway
22-01-08, 14:23
Ok, i'm sorry. But if you remember the nicknames you should notify Justin about it, :wve: I don't think you'll be banned.
I've contacted him about my UBB Classic account a long while back already. I think he recommended the Lost Password function, which unfortunately didn't work since my e-mail for the older account was already expired or something. :o Anyhow, enough about that. I'm browsing through the Join Dates of various folk and I'm pretty sure those who've joined in pre-Legend (and are still active) would drop a comment...or not. :p

Carbonek_0051
22-01-08, 14:24
What's UBB?

Conway
22-01-08, 14:29
I believe UBB (Ultimate Bulletin Board) is a forum software that allows an easy set-up of an online discussion board like TRF. Before TRF used vBulletin, it was on UBB Classic. Very different in terms of browsing experience, but I just can't help but feel nostalgic about the look of the old TRF. :D To anyone who may have knowledge about Internet archives, is it possible to perhaps browse through a UBB Classic TRF today?

Melonie Tomb Raider
22-01-08, 14:55
I don't miss it...

The time period was nice, and I miss the good ol' days in that respect, but the forum software is much better. Not to mention, even though those were good times, I still wouldn't go back, because there are a lot of great, newer members here that I'm getting to know and really like. :)

Cheers to the future! :D

Lenochka
22-01-08, 15:01
Omg, I forgot what the forums looked like before this new style for a minute there xD
I remember when it first changed over i wasn't sure how to feel, But i guess i kind of got use to it :)

Titanium
22-01-08, 16:11
Ah the old classic style. With the 48 by 48 avatars, Justin and his xbox logo and the apple, Elen with the pink flower and me with the Kurtis, robot and sonic avatars.

I remember TRF had a pre-set list of avatars. And also the much questioned member rating system etc. :)

Angelus
22-01-08, 17:37
I vaguely remember it when I first joined in 2005. I came back in 2006 and everything had changed!

Geck-o-Lizard
22-01-08, 17:48
*nostalgia* :D

Back when we never had sigs, and our avatars were 48x48. :cln:

I loved the look of the site back then. Loved the dark grey. vB is far better software tho.

Conway
23-01-08, 13:43
Oh yeah, avatars then were 48x48! While I do love the old look, I'd have to agree that vB is far better in operations.